Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I am very late, but I was at the Denver show with my wife. I agree with the goon who said it was very humbling to show up looking almost identical to everyone else. Plaid shirts as far as the eye can see.

I just wanted to chime in on the yelling people. The man was right in front of me and the woman was right next to me. They both were very drunk. The man in particular was embarrassing his poor wife, who we talked to before the show and was a very nice woman. I felt very bad for her as she was a huge fan of the guys and was very embarrassed by her husband. The yelling woman with daddy issues had never heard of Uyd and kept on asking me questions like "do they always talk about this kinda stuff?" during the kidnapping segment.

I'm just coming in defense of my city. Every one else was very nice and inviting. It was great to see Seth shed a little tear when he talked to a guy in the meet and greet line. He was a cancer patient who told Seth that the podcast helped pull him through the most painful treatments. I really hope the drunks don't keep them from coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I wish people could realize how uncool and unfunny they are

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Rusty Kettle posted:

kept on asking me questions like "do they always talk about this kinda stuff?" during the kidnapping segment.

This sounds hilarious out of context (I'm still working my way through the back episodes).

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I really want to see either the 1987 Haverhill HS yearbook superlatives or footage of the 1987 Haverhill HS talent show with the "Hunksty Boys" singing Paul Revere. Somehow I don't think either will ever happen.

Rusty Kettle posted:

It was great to see Seth shed a little tear when he talked to a guy in the meet and greet line. He was a cancer patient who told Seth that the podcast helped pull him through the most painful treatments.

:unsmith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Have they talked about the Hernandez murder case? I was reading an article about the evidence they have against him and was laughing my rear end off at how hosed this guy is and I need to hear Seth go on one of his rants about how dumb/hosed he is.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Goddamnit, man. I have been all over the world searching for a pizza that won't look me in the fuckin' eye...and just lie to my face.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Speaking of a fan of the show who has cancer, remember that story of the female UYD fan and the old man at the chemo clinic? I wonder how she did. I think that story was in the late 100's.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

Goddamnit, man. I have been all over the world searching for a pizza that won't look me in the fuckin' eye...and just lie to my face.

Oh god, what's the episode where Seth goes off on pizza places re-inventing the pizza and says that he's going to egg the next pizza place that claims to reinvent the pizza but just has another pizza.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Does anyone remember which episode of UYD has Jonathan doing that Werner Herzog impression? It was in reference to some horrible accident Seth was talking about. Also, if one knows what time roughly it shows up, even better.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh god, what's the episode where Seth goes off on pizza places re-inventing the pizza and says that he's going to egg the next pizza place that claims to reinvent the pizza but just has another pizza.

gently caress, I know exactly what you mean, but not the episode. It's definitely and earlier one, below 100, possibly in the 60's. So much loving content!!

UYD: So much loving Content!!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love the fact that after years of Seth telling us about all of the great rollercoasters opening in America, he told us a few episodes ago that he's never actually been on one. That is just hilarious, and I can't work out if its true or not.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Power of Pecota posted:

From the Wiki:

UYD Wiki posted:

Episode 098

16:57 – If a new pizza comes out again this year, Seth is going to egg one of the locations for that pizza place. Seth: “And I’ll throw two eggs if your new pizza is just pizza.” (17:36)

Of course, it doesn't list which episode has the followup where Jonathan explains that Seth actually can't egg anything, because he's 36 or 37 years old at that point, and that would not be fresh at all.

Fonzarelli posted:

I love the fact that after years of Seth telling us about all of the great rollercoasters opening in America, he told us a few episodes ago that he's never actually been on one. That is just hilarious, and I can't work out if its true or not.

That's something about Seth I can believe 100%. Thrill rides are simply a no-go for some people, so it doesn't seem like a particularly out there thing to claim.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Why the gently caress would anyone willingly get into a whiplash nausea machine with the added bonus of the chance of dismemberment/other severe bodily harm/death?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Miss Alt. America-- Sponsored by UYD

I'd watch.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Why the gently caress would anyone willingly get into a whiplash nausea machine with the added bonus of the chance of dismemberment/other severe bodily harm/death?"
_______________/

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I could swear Jason Biggs died of aids...

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Seth raging at not being April Fooled on the chicken and waffles flavored syrup is one of his funniest moments. He's totally right, and it's just too good.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I love the episode where jonathon is joking around with seth at the start about not turning his mic on and recording episodes with out him.

Then jonathon's mic is off for the whole thing.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
I keep a playlist of around ten old episodes at a time, then just stick the new ones next when they come out. I listened to the episode where the guy rolled back into Jonathan's car, talked poo poo and tried to leave, so Jonathan spit in his car and chased him through the valley while talking to 911.

Then I hear him say today "I've been so cool lately while driving. I can't remember the last time I got upset".

I do, Jah. I do.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I will name my child "Bumbaclot."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SaxMaverick posted:

I keep a playlist of around ten old episodes at a time, then just stick the new ones next when they come out. I listened to the episode where the guy rolled back into Jonathan's car, talked poo poo and tried to leave, so Jonathan spit in his car and chased him through the valley while talking to 911.

Then I hear him say today "I've been so cool lately while driving. I can't remember the last time I got upset".

I do, Jah. I do.

I just happened to relisten to the first Seth & Marcia episode over the weekend in the course of a "Pick a random episode and go" marathon. Seth is so quick to diagnose Jonathan with Intermittent Explosive Disorder - "Just ask this 92 year old WWII vet on Sepulveda."

I WILL EAT YOU, OLD MAN.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Hearing Jonathan say that really did make me realise how long a time period of their lives I've actually listened to them over - i.e. for many years that formed the basis for a significant number of his stories and now he's gotten over it.

Random question: does anyone else think the title of the thread should be changed at some point? The current one is great, but since we're on 100 pages and already have a large stock of potential titles...

GraPar fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 2, 2013

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GraPar posted:

Random question: does anyone else think the title of the thread should be changed at some point? The current one is great, but since we're on 100 pages and already have a large stock of potential titles...

I'm open to suggestions.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012

RustyTrombone posted:

I'm open to suggestions.

UYD: Never look a rasta in the eye

And keep it abbreviated. It puts a modern spin on it.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

UYD: Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
UYD: 1 in 10 black people have Down's Syndrome.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That slogan list is amazing.

UYD: A Shotgun, a Bible, and a Compass

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
The clear choice is UYD: We Smoke The Seeds

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
UYD: America's Dancecast

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Has anybody put together THE comprehensive Michael Francis Wiley compilation yet? Need that.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeff Wiiver posted:

The clear choice is UYD: We Smoke The Seeds

Second.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Please tell me there are photos on the web of jonathon with an 80's perm.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

UYD: White Gravy and Pretty Penny

Agent York Morgan
Apr 28, 2013
UYD: So goofy, yet so good.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
UYD: Hollywood Fruitcakes

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
Straight Lampin' with Schneer & Letern

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thread title needs to change at least quarterly to keep it fresh.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I put my vote in for "UYD: Socially induced collective hearlucination" or "UYD: The only cool way to do something"

I think my favorite slogan is "I wanna know more about this sodomy," but I don't think it will attract anyone who already skipped over the thread due to "No gay poo poo."

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Uhh Yeah Dude - Hey Dad, how do you party right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

"A Shotgun, A bible, and a Compass" or "We Smoke The Seeds" is the correct answer but I really like "UYD: Nibs, Gabs, Joobs, Bobs and Libs" for some bad reason.