Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This thread is a laff riot

Scarlet Spider #18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That is the best page for the last panel. Someone please make a comic book out of those three. I haven't read Scarlet Spider but I love that talkative chick already.

WordMercenary
Jan 14, 2013

caboodle posted:

I can't reiterate this enough, the writers job is to put words in the mouth of the characters.
If all the characters had the same belief then there would be no conflict and we might as well be reading DC comics.
If writers believed EVERYTHING they wrote, then the writers of the Red Skull or Dr Doom would be sick puppies.
If this freaks you out, wait until you start reading books!!!

Way to completely miss the entire point of the discussion.

Gatts posted:

That is the best page for the last panel. Someone please make a comic book out of those three. I haven't read Scarlet Spider but I love that talkative chick already.

Who is she anyway?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aracely/Hummingbird, she's a young Mexican woman that Kaine saved from human traffickers. She has telepathy, can float, has the ability to make people afraid and probably has an ancient Meso-American god living in her head.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
she can float, not fly?
that's cool...but pretty lame as far as not-having-to-walk-upon-the-ground powers go.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
She is a pretty cool character. Scarlet Spider is the first actual superhero comic that has followed a pretty "superheroey" formula that has actually been massively entertaining. It is a redemption hero comic that stopped being so "unnnhh i was bad now im good" a little bit ago and is now just a real genuine hero book. The way his supporting characters make the book that much more believable and interesting.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Awesome, thank yoU!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
More Scarlet Spider fun
Wolverine is really regretting agreeing to help out Kaine

Scarlet Spider 18

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It really was a good week for books, even if the guy they have filling in on Gambit #14 is... well, this.

Pete Wisdom has a magical book stolen by a very angry woman with superpowers so of COURSE he's going to call Gambit to deal with that because that's like his thing.

In the end, though, everything works out pretty awesomely. The day is saved and the bad guy escapes because Gambit stops caring.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

This thread is a laff riot

Scarlet Spider #18

:stare:Is having a freakishly long neck part of her power?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Alhazred posted:

:stare:Is having a freakishly long neck part of her power?

I think the collar short circuited the penciler's brain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Everyone in that page has a weird neck.

Anyway, you people are smart: When's Darkseid ever worn a cape?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
When he had to pose to be part of a bitchin' airbrush portrait on the side of a van. 'It was either Darkseid or a wizard, and Darkseid offered to wear a cape and a speedo for it.'

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SynthOrange posted:

I am wondering more about that emblem, honestly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Earth, Orion! It is known to me that you wish to have bitchin' wheels like this!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And from that hand on the right, it looks like Bizarro's got his own wheels too, doing opposite of all earth driving laws.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

I'm saddened to know that I'll never see that bitching paint job on Krieger's van.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

SynthOrange posted:

And from that hand on the right, it looks like Bizarro's got his own wheels too, doing opposite of all earth driving laws.

It looks like a Hearse. My toy Hearse is just black. I thought it was pretty awesome. Now I think it didn't live up to its potential.

There's an older Mobilebizarro, too.

Eh. A semi.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Devi posted:

There's an older Mobilebizarro, too.

Eh. A semi.

Bizarro sportin' a semi. How apropos.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

SynthOrange posted:

On the Legendary Super Powers Show, the Kirby-inspired 1980s version of Super Friends.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Benito Cereno posted:

On the Legendary Super Powers Show, the Kirby-inspired 1980s version of Super Friends.

Man, somewhere in 1985 is a poor, confused kid who just got a Firestorm and Dr. Fate doll for his birthday and just does not know what the gently caress.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DARKSEID WEARS WHAT HE WISHES FOR DARKSEID IS THE WIND OF FEAR. DARKSEID IS FASHION. DARKSEID IS.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

SynthOrange posted:

Me, Bizarro drive energy efficient vehicle. Me am never signal before me merge into traffic. Me am always suddenly dart in front of motorist who has right of way.

(Oh, I thought you said American instead of Earth there)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

RaspberryCommie posted:

Me, Bizarro drive energy efficient vehicle. Me am never signal before me merge into traffic. Me am always suddenly dart in front of motorist who has right of way.

(Oh, I thought you said American instead of Earth there)

So he is just a driver in Boston?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

bobkatt013 posted:

So he is just a driver in Boston?
Jersey. The passing lane in Jersey is the right, Bizarro would feel right at home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glorious Godfrey has a different idea to Darkseid about Anti-Life, and Darkseid throws out such glorious lines as,"I am the tiger-force!" (wait, what?) and the amazing,"When you cry out in your dreams, it is Darkseid that you see!" :hellyeah:

Forever People #3, 1971

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this? posted:

Aracely/Hummingbird, she's a young Mexican woman that Kaine saved from human traffickers. She has telepathy, can float, has the ability to make people afraid and probably has an ancient Meso-American god living in her head.

Aracely is great and she's part of why Scarlet Spider is so fun. Kaine is all about brooding and thinking himself an inhuman monster who can never be redeemed, but his supporting cast is made up of upbeat and positive people who love him regardless.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gavok posted:

Aracely is great and she's part of why Scarlet Spider is so fun. Kaine is all about brooding and thinking himself an inhuman monster who can never be redeemed, but his supporting cast is made up of upbeat and positive people who love him regardless.

It's like if Batman was surrounded by people who were like "Yeah Bruce you are a dark soul or whatever, now put on this hat we're going to the rodeo!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The world's greatest detective, ladies and gentlemen:

I can't tie down the source, unfortunately - it might be Batman #27 but trying to track down the issue the panel comes from eluded me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Why would you tie someone to a wheelchair.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For the same reason you'd tie them to a chair, but plus the ability to move your captives around without putting your back out.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It is not up to us to question Santa's ways.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

To light them on fire and push them down a street.

CAN YOU SEE?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I think the better question is why you'd tie someone to anything other than a wheelchair. Do you know how heavy people are?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

\_____
You were not brought upon this forum to "get it," Mr. Squishy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Whatever, I still think that Batman will escape using the wheels upon that chair.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Whatever, I still think that Batman will escape using the wheels upon that chair.

Yeah but if it was a regular chair he'd escape using the legs upon that chair. The real key is knowing he'd always escape and using that as part of your plan.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Retard science and a 'superhero' who waits until everyone is dead before doing anything.
You have to love Fletcher Hanks' weiting.
Fantastic comics #7, The Super Wizard Stardust.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Retard science and a 'superhero' who waits until everyone is dead before doing anything.

:allears: Fletcher Hanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

My god, it's Triple H.

• Locked thread