Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

taco_fox posted:

I can't believe so many people complained about St. Cloud's voice, yet there's not a peep about one of the Misters being another Master Shake voice. That's my only complaint about the episode.

Master Shake isn't a character in this show, though.

(I immediately picked him out as Dana Snyder too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Danzou posted:

It's kind of interesting how Hank was so open to the transexual experience. It was a pretty surprising treatment from an irreverant cartoon show.

There is already a transsexual recurring main character and there is plenty of gender-bending with Dr Mrs. The Monarch's voice and Sgt. Hatreds new boobs. I would be shocked if the creatures weren't allies.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

JT Jag posted:

It's Dana Snyder. The Alchemist sounds like that too. It's the only voice he's ever asked to do, although he has a bit more range than that. You get used to it eventually.
That was my point. He has a very distinct voice and the new character was barely any different from the Alchemist. He shouldn't do incidental characters. It sticks out horribly, unlike Hank/St. Cloud which people were all in a tizzy about.

Dingis
Oct 4, 2002

It's going to kill us with its awesome Avatar powers!

Gatekeeper posted:

Me too, I love that guy. I didn't happen to notice in the credits, but did Brendan Small voice him in this episode? I couldn't really tell. His delivery of "ever since da Iron Man, everybody wants da robot heart" was so incredible.

The plastic surgeon is a play on the voice of Junior from Home Movies. Definitely a Brendon Small voice.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Highlight of the season is The Alchemist's video message to Shore Leave.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Protagorean posted:

Also, what ever happened to the hovertank? You think it would have come in handy more than once at this point?
The hover-tank is somewhere on the Ventures' property, the rest of the family stashed Doc there when they 'kidnapped' him during the Zeus incident. I'm guessing it's not seeing much action because Hatred needs a crew to man it, not to mention that it probably burns a lot of fuel. According to the trailers, it will see more action in that season at some point.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 2, 2013

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

taco_fox posted:

That was my point. He has a very distinct voice and the new character was barely any different from the Alchemist. He shouldn't do incidental characters. It sticks out horribly, unlike Hank/St. Cloud which people were all in a tizzy about.

It's like, they wouldn't ask Warburton to voice some other character, would they? There's voice actors and then there's voice actors.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

X_Toad posted:

The hover-tank is somewhere on the Ventures' property, the rest of the family stashed Doc there when they 'kidnapped' him during the Zeus incident. I'm guessing it's not seeing much action because Hatred needs a crew to man it, not to mention that it probably burns a lot of fuel. According to the trailers, it will see more action in that season at some point.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to watch "Any Which Way But Zeus" again. It has some of the best banter out of the entire show, not to mention the fact that Shore Leave and 21 make the pow-wow of all the organized heroes and villains in North America pointless.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

It's like, they wouldn't ask Warburton to voice some other character, would they? There's voice actors and then there's voice actors.
I recognized Snyder on one occasion in that episode, and didn't recognize him at all as Gill-face in the Venturestein episode. Warburton only has the one voice.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
And what a glorious voice it is.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love Patrick Warburton's voice so much that I thought it might be worth watching that live action show he was in with David Spade. Turned out it was less Emperor's New Groove and more worst show ever.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I used to say that Warburton always sounds like Warburton, and that it was alright because you could still tell Puddy/Joe/Brock/The Tick apart just by his inflection, but Brock has long since stopped being Brock and has melded with Joe from Family Guy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

lelandjs posted:

I love Patrick Warburton's voice so much that I thought it might be worth watching that live action show he was in with David Spade. Turned out it was less Emperor's New Groove and more worst show ever.

If you want to see him in an awesome role watch Newsradio.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Danzou posted:

It's kind of interesting how Hank was so open to the transexual experience. It was a pretty surprising treatment from an irreverant cartoon show.

Are you talking about the Destiny suit? I thought that was more "I got a free cyborg suit? It's got boobs on it, but hey: Free cyborg suit!"

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Still, most teenage boys would probably be all "ew, I'll look like I have boobs!" Can you imagine dermott wearing the strength suit? Not that he'd need it

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Not that he'd fit in it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

LividLiquid posted:

I used to say that Warburton always sounds like Warburton, and that it was alright because you could still tell Puddy/Joe/Brock/The Tick apart just by his inflection, but Brock has long since stopped being Brock and has melded with Joe from Family Guy.

... did you watch this past Sunday's episode?

bobkatt013 posted:

If you want to see him in an awesome role watch Newsradio.

Ah, yes - the evil Johnny Johnson.

He also does the voice for Superman in a few commercials (one of which co-starred Jerry Seinfeld).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

lelandjs posted:

Warburton and Oliver Hudson are pretty much the only funny thing on the show when they interact.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 2, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

... did you watch this past Sunday's episode?

Ah, yes - the evil Johnny Johnson.

He is not only evil. He is also the King of Winos! Everyone should watch Newsradio.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

He is not only evil. He is also the King of Winos! Everyone should watch Newsradio.

One of the best sitcoms produced in the last 20 years, certainly. It dipped a bit in quality when Phil Hartman died, but still one of the best.

:smith: Poor Dave Foley.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Dynamite Dog posted:

He says Shuttle Cock, Slap Chop, Bum Rush and Tank Top so Shuttle Cock is the one with the racket.

Also, looking at pictures, Slap Chop is just the guy from the Shamwow and Slap Chop commercials with a funny suit on.

Wasn't he dressed as Iron Fist? Nothing funny about that suit, sir.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Slap chop looked to be a combination of Iron Fist and Quick Kick from GI Joe.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Wow, you're absolutely right; I've never even heard of that guy so good catch. Is there another joke there then?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I can't think of a joke relating to him, although it was always kind of hilarious in GI Joe cartoons he'd be out there hand to hand fighting against dudes with bazookas and laser rifles.

Probably just more of the pop culture nostalgia mishmash that Jackson and Doc are so good at :). The instant I saw him I flashed back to "that guy with the ninja stars in his scarf thing" (couldn't remember Quick Kick's name immediately).

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Afterburner: Snake Eyes
Amber Gold: Scarlett
Tank Top: Roadblock/Heavy Duty
Bumrush: Mutt & Junkyard
Slapchop: QuickKick
Shuttlecock: ?
Headshot: ?

No, Snowjob. Sigh.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I'm so sad that Bumrush had to die, he was my favorite of the new designs, followed by Shuttlecock. I also liked that the dog was just a dude in a dog suit.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just got shipping confirmation for my URGH shirt. Hopefully everybody has their shirts on the way!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hoping they do a Snowjob spoof sometime. Also Deep Six!

Unfortunately they can't go the "can't understand what he's saying" route because the PSA dub already did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjl9St0XFvQ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

LuchadoresDelNixon posted:

Arrested Development's Buster.

That chair is a famous piece of '70s/'80s kitch and not an Arrested Development reference, they include tons of famous furniture designs all over the show.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Optimus Subprime posted:

I'm so sad that Bumrush had to die, he was my favorite of the new designs, followed by Shuttlecock. I also liked that the dog was just a dude in a dog suit.

I like Tank Top just for the silly pun.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

priznat posted:

Slap chop looked to be a combination of Iron Fist and Quick Kick from GI Joe.

The blue and yellow made me think it referenced Dojo or T'Jbang.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I thought Headshot and Amber Gold also had a Gambit/Rogue thing going on, what with her fab hair, southern-belle accent and not being able to touch Headshot (because he's working, damnit!).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I actually want a Bum Rush 3 3/4" action figure

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Here's hoping they are 'Old OSI' characters, so they can show up in a flashback at some point.

TANK TOP: THE UNTOLD ORIGIN.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm afraid someone's going to have to explain to me how "Molostro" works as a shipping name. Molotov and ... Mostro? :saddowns:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Data Graham posted:

I'm afraid someone's going to have to explain to me how "Molostro" works as a shipping name. Molotov and ... Mostro? :saddowns:

Monstroso. MOLOtov + monSTROso.

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Shuttlecock: ?

Payload I'd guess.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/payload.shtml

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Investigator: We're getting to the bottom of this
Shore Leave: Well too bad, I'm a top :colbert:

Oh Shore Leave :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gotta be honest, I thought that was a lazy line.

Pope Guilty posted:

Monstroso. MOLOtov + monSTROso.

Huh. I didn't know you got to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Data Graham posted:

Gotta be honest, I thought that was a lazy line.

Shore Leave has always dished out the double entendres, it struck me as just the kind of pun he'd make.