Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kreczor posted:

I believe it was, 3 clerics, 4 warriors, 7-8 mages, ~5 rogues.

Mind you, Vandee is supposed to be a warrior but switched due to the low amount of clerics.

Hint: we need clerics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Make being a cleric as fun as/more fun than my Rift/Tact, Bard/Tact rogue and I'll get one to 60 ASAP. :colbert:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What do we need clerics as? Healers?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Drythe posted:

What do we need clerics as? Healers?

Yup. Clerics usually handle AOE heals, and defiler is amazing for support in some fights (like say... Crucia).

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I'll be rolling up a cleric as I enjoyed one back at launch, though I only played for a short time then. Back then of course, it was using a standard subscription model. So with this free to play model, where is this 'Storm Legion' expansion I missed? I can't see anywhere to buy it, unless it has been rolled in with the base game and parts of it are now on the store or something?

On the store, how is it? I assume the stuff is pretty reasonable, not required, etc?

I think I remember reading near launch that pubbies would apply to join goons, and were made to join goon TS / etc and discuss holy scripture. I think I remember some recording of it, too. Anyone still got that, if I'm recalling correctly?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
I've started up a Cleric named Sierrra on the server Guardian side. She's only level 10 right now, so we'll see how far I get with her.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

necrotic posted:

Yup. Clerics usually handle AOE heals, and defiler is amazing for support in some fights (like say... Crucia).

Cleric healing is all traditional raid frame whack-a-mole, right? Excepting Defiler, which you run at most one of?

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

Well poo poo, getting Error #3145 which looks ominously bad based on the google search I just did. Anyone have experience dealing with this?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Innerguard posted:

I'll be rolling up a cleric as I enjoyed one back at launch, though I only played for a short time then. Back then of course, it was using a standard subscription model. So with this free to play model, where is this 'Storm Legion' expansion I missed? I can't see anywhere to buy it, unless it has been rolled in with the base game and parts of it are now on the store or something?

On the store, how is it? I assume the stuff is pretty reasonable, not required, etc?

I think I remember reading near launch that pubbies would apply to join goons, and were made to join goon TS / etc and discuss holy scripture. I think I remember some recording of it, too. Anyone still got that, if I'm recalling correctly?

Forget about Storm Legion, all the content in the game is free and doesn't require purchase.

The only thing from the expansion that is not free are the souls, one spec for each calling, and can be bought at the store!

Unrelated, I'm running bard/tact in regular dungeos at 53 and my healing is pretty drat sick! I can't solo heal, but I'm usually like 5% behind the actual healer. I'm guessing the coming rogue healer soul will be focused on single target, since it looks that bard has raid heals covered.

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
I'm not really sure what hit me over the head before I chose the EU server, but I'm leveling up on the US Goon server now. As a cleric. And I heal poo poo. So feel free to send Seroi gifts, preferably jewels and purdy dresses. A dorfs gotta look her best you know.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Donny J posted:

Well poo poo, getting Error #3145 which looks ominously bad based on the google search I just did. Anyone have experience dealing with this?

I'm getting it too. I think they just need to update the patcher as well and it should fix itself.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Servers were down so maybe that's why you got the error. It seems to happen whenever you start an update (or initial install).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Notes:

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hotfix #8 - 07/02/13

GENERAL
* Animations have been added to the inventory when a player picks up an item from a Dimension or claims a Loyalty Reward.
* The number of /saveequip and /loadequip slots have been increased from 9 to 20!
* Transfigured weapons should no longer sometimes play the unarmed attack animation instead of the weapon's attack animation.
* Twitter functionality has been restored!
* Looting Planarite from corpses is now less annoying.
* Guest registration has better support of extended characters.

RIFT STORE
* Fixed some cases where parts of your character might disappear when previewing certain items.
* If a player disconnects in the middle of a purchase, an in-game mail will be sent with the status of the purchase.
* When reporting feedback, there is now an option for the RIFT Store.
* The Custodian set now previews accurately.
* Purchasing dimension upgrades for your alts with credits should now work correctly.
* Fixed an issue causing the Neophyte bundles to give out incorrect gear.

SOULS

ROGUE

RIFTSTALKER
* Shadow Stalk: Can no longer be used on pets.

MAGE

HARBINGER
* The bonus from the Harbinger synergy crystal is now removed if the Lightning Charge buff is removed.
* Lightning Charge: Can no longer be purged.

ZONES
ARDENT DOMAIN
* Dawnkeeper Vale: Onslaught Quest Giver Darvik has been moved down the ramp a bit.

ASHORA
* IA: Kah'Tqq, Sk'Krii, and Zza'xx have had their difficulty significantly decreased.

EMBER ISLE
* The creatures in Ember Isle have been weakened over time. Their difficulty and rewards are now the same as mobs from the old world.

SANCTUM
* Quest: A Snake in Sanctum: Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent Cealhaidh the Corrupter from being targetable in combat.

THE DENDROME
* Quest: Treasures of the Achyati: The items required for this quest will now drop from the proper mobs.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Fixed an issue with some chronicle, dungeon, raid, and dimension instances spawning with unshakable lag.

GRIM AWAKENING

* Ultane:
*- Spirit Shackle no longer attaches to pets.
*- Mark of the Damned no longer damages pets.
* Salvarola
*- The achievement "Three's Company" has been replaced by "Fire on the Dance Floor".
*- The adds in phase 2 should no longer get stuck.
- No longer punishes players who use their pets to tank him after they've left the encounter. Instead of killing the pet repeatedly, he now only kills the pet once. He considers it a warning shot.

HIVE KAAZ’GFUU: QUEEN’S GAMBIT [Chronicle]

* Quest: Kaaz Boom: Fixed a text error.
* Inyr’Kta: Fixed an issue that could cause fight to reset when two players are involved.
* Och and Krok: Fixed an issue that could bar players from reentering the chamber.

PVP/WARFRONTS
* Storm Legion PVP sets have been converted to upgradeable items.
* Mercenary gear can now be upgraded to Freelancer gear with Freelancer's Empowered Cell, Freelancer's Empowered Small Cell and Freelancer's Empowered Large Cell.
* Freelancer gear can now be upgraded to Warlord's gear with Warlord's Empowered Cell, Warlord's Empowered Small Cell and Warlord's Empowered Large Cell.
* Freelancer's gear can still be purchased outright with Credits, but is no longer available for in-game currency. (Use the upgrade components to upgrade Mercenary gear!)
* Warlord's gear is no longer available on the store or from vendors in Tempest Bay. (Use the upgrade components to upgrade to Freelancer gear!)
* Upgrade components can be found on the RIFT Store under PVP Upgrade Components.
* The upgrade components obtained from Freelancer's Conquest Marks have been renamed to "Freelancer's Conquest Cell" and "Freelancer's Conquest Small Cell".

CRAFTING
* Snapper Hatchlings in Tulan are no longer skinnable.
* Auction House recipes will now start showing up under the correct tradeskill subcategories. This only applies to new auctions, so it may take some time to fully take effect.
* Artisan store vendor windows now let you sort recipes by skill level.

DIMENSIONS
* The dialog for swapping dimensions now clarifies what's being replaced.

ITEMS
* Hunt Legend Mender's Rough Greater Rotward now works with Chloromancer Veil healing.
* Coruscating Powerstone now displays the correct amount of Spell Power in its description.
* Fate of the Wind now grants a chance for your single target healing spells to heal for an additional amount and heals from Lifegiving Veil or Lifebound Veil a chance to heal your Synthesis target for additional health.
* Rend the Heavens now grants a chance for your single target healing spells to heal for an additional amount and heals from Lifegiving Veil or Lifebound Veil a chance to heal your Synthesis target for additional health.
* Achyati Rune of Dexterity, Achyati Rune of Minor Dexterity, Empyreal Rune of Dexterity and Empyreal Rune of Minor Dexterity should now show up when filtering for Rogue runes.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I'd like to say thank you to Mouretsu. I just did a DRR to test out my new Nightblade spec and I saw a dps increase of 4k.

Holy. poo poo.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

roboticbears posted:

Cleric healing is all traditional raid frame whack-a-mole, right? Excepting Defiler, which you run at most one of?

I don't play cleric so I'm not 100% sure, but I if you're AOE healing I don't think there's any "raid frame" whack-a-mole, its all cooldowns/spam buttons (and dots). ST healing is probably mostly done through targeting the tank and smashing your heal buttons.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

AND GOT 160.

Krabkolash posted:

I'm getting it too. I think they just need to update the patcher as well and it should fix itself.

Just an update. If you're getting error 3145 just login as guest and patch that way and it should work. For whatever reason, that worked for me. After that close the patcher and then login normally.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Oh sup, my main's a cleric and somehow I enjoy healing. Mayyyyyyybe I'll try to level up and get involved.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Goons,

Since we're back in Cluster Uno I can't afford to simply AH my mats for some of my dailies, if kind goons would send me fishing supplies (banded puffer, some flatfish and empyrean dragonfish) at a decent price via CoD I'd appreciate it.

Also Karthite is poo poo to mine so I'll also buy it at a decent price if CoD'd but I can farm it rather easily (if boring).

Signed,

Hedo "45 Grandmaster Marks a Week" nism

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

If anybody else is having Error #3145 while patching today (me included) I found this from the Rift forums and it worked for me:

Rift Forums
"If anyone is having issues patching rift, just hit the "guest"' button, and patch. Then restart the client after it patches, and log in with your main account."

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

AND GOT 160.
Somehow, using BananAH I have some things that are not showing up in on the screen when trying to post them. Its a few artifacts and I think I accidently clicked a button to make them be ignored. But now I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

deimos posted:

Goons,

Since we're back in Cluster Uno I can't afford to simply AH my mats for some of my dailies, if kind goons would send me fishing supplies (banded puffer, some flatfish and empyrean dragonfish) at a decent price via CoD I'd appreciate it.

Also Karthite is poo poo to mine so I'll also buy it at a decent price if CoD'd but I can farm it rather easily (if boring).

Signed,

Hedo "45 Grandmaster Marks a Week" nism

My rogue is still on Threesprings. Want me to buy that stuff there and bring over to Deepwood?

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
If clerics are what we need I wouldn't mind switching out it'll just take some time. Got annoyed last night when I finally got 300 hit and started doing experts and the first one I get into the tank says he won't do the instance with me healing and we hadn't even pulled yet. So Ill dust off my cleric and see what I can do with him.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Krabkolash posted:

Somehow, using BananAH I have some things that are not showing up in on the screen when trying to post them. Its a few artifacts and I think I accidently clicked a button to make them be ignored. But now I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

Under your list of items there should be a little search bar with a white oval or eye-looking icon. Click that icon to make it show you all the hidden stuff.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

If you just use clerics as healers, 3 should be fine. Maybe 4 for Crucia. 1 Warden (2 when learning Crucia), 1 Puri, 1 Defiler works fine for most if not all fights. We usually run 4-5 and one is our main tank and another is usually DPS.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Just to make sure - EU <-> NA character transfers are no longer possible, right? I was hoping I could transfer my soon to be 60 level cleric.

I'm playing a tank, currently at level 51, and I contemplated switching to healer for a bit but I hear horror stories about tanks in PUGs all the time so I haven't made the switch, yet. What is your general experience with random pubbie tanks?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Krabkolash posted:

There's a little eye in the box for each item in the little box on the left side (where your items show up). There's a similar closed eye at the bottom of that. Click the closed eye and all the hidden items will appear again.

Here, have a picture stolen from Curse and modified by me.

Red-orange is the icon you clicked. Teal is the icon you want to click to see the things you accidentally hid before.

eye-con :mmmhmm:

Machai posted:

If you just use clerics as healers, 3 should be fine. Maybe 4 for Crucia. 1 Warden (2 when learning Crucia), 1 Puri, 1 Defiler works fine for most if not all fights. We usually run 4-5 and one is our main tank and another is usually DPS.

The 3 that Kreczor mentioned was including one of our main tanks, our defiler and one of our warriors switching to a barely geared cleric for healing duties.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

lordfrikk posted:

Just to make sure - EU <-> NA character transfers are no longer possible, right? I was hoping I could transfer my soon to be 60 level cleric.

I'm playing a tank, currently at level 51, and I contemplated switching to healer for a bit but I hear horror stories about tanks in PUGs all the time so I haven't made the switch, yet. What is your general experience with random pubbie tanks?

Everyone is horrible, but with goons you can yell at them and teach them fights in mumble whereas all pubbies are dumb without exception.

Submit a ticket and I'm sure you can get the transfer done.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Kreczor posted:

Everyone is horrible, but with goons you can yell at them and teach them fights in mumble whereas all pubbies are dumb without exception.

Submit a ticket and I'm sure you can get the transfer done.

The reason they disallowed it was that because the databases are not quite the same, it can gently caress with all sorts of things and requires all sorts of manual fixing from both ends to get it working properly.

e:

deimos posted:

Not only that, if I remember correctly EU and NA use very slightly different schemas on their database to handle languages.

That's what I was thinking of, couldn't think of the god drat term.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 2, 2013

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

AND GOT 160.

Greggy posted:

Under your list of items there should be a little search bar with a white oval or eye-looking icon. Click that icon to make it show you all the hidden stuff.

You're a gentleperson and a scholar.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
My cleric is lvl 53, and I do have the SL souls if a defiler is needed, you'll just have to put up with my terrible playing until I figure out buttons once I hit 60.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Machai posted:

3 includes the MT and Vandee who switched from his main.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Madcosby posted:

Why, why can't they use TF2 style capture points where you just tick by being in a certain location? Why force everyone to aoe macro until your finger bleeds? Stop making us pick up vessels please. It's so boring.
Standing in a small area would still be AOE central. I haven't had that many problems with healers because I usually hang around the edges of group battles and pick off the weaklings. But there does always seem to be one invincible person per round that I will avoid going one on one with.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Madcosby posted:

1. Healers and healing is ridiculously overpowered, creating not a tactical element, just a frustrating one. Targetting a healer? No, then you lose. Yes, but there's another healer healing your target? You still lose. Even 1v1 against a healer, due to Rift's mobility element and casting on the fly, your dps against a healer just healing themselves is about 10-15% of what it normally is. You can win a fight with a healer 1v1 but it literally takes about 3 minutes.

Prepare to get screamed at about how much of a scrub you are for this conclusion. The reason is simple: it's 100% true.

Healing is insanely overpowered in pre-60 Warfronts. Here's why:

1.) Healers cried about mana management being unfun. Now it's impossible to run out of mana due to insane regen rates unless you're literally chain-casting your most expensive spell.

2.) Healers cried about mana burn in PvP (mostly from Dominators). Mana burn was castrated, plus every caster soul was given a way to restore mana for the cost of a no-cooldown GCD.

3.) Healers cried about Mortal Strike-style healing reduction. It was removed from the game.

4.) Healing is infinitely easier than it used to be, even when you ignore mana reworking. This makes PVE more fun and PVP miserable because it requires pretty much no foresight or strategy to spam instants and watch the procs and passives roll.

5.) Healing grossly outpaces DPS for every class except the obscenely overpowered one (Pyro). It's not uncommon to watch 4-5 players trying to kill one healer before level 50. And failing.

6.) The screaming response will be "learn to interrupt" or "learn to stun." Interrupts don't silence in this game, so you might stop one of the hardcast heals, but they'll instantly be casting it again anyway. Stun? Silence? Can you kill someone in 4-5 seconds (which assumes they don't just instantly smack Break Free, which makes people temporarily immune to all kinds of CC)? Maybe a Pyro could. If they're getting cross-healed, forget it.

7.) DPS didn't change. If anything, it's gotten more complicated to make the experience more dynamic and reaction-based. Again, cool in PVE, poo poo in PVP. It's no surprise the best PVP DPS class for almost the entire game is the Pyro, because playing Pyro at a competent level only requires spamming 2-3 buttons. There's no combo point juggling or pet management or DOT building. You mash your Countdown/Fireball macro and pop instant Cinderburst when it procs. Bonus if you press other buttons, but it's not really required.

Healer-based PVP is unfun.

cinn
May 13, 2011
patcher is hanging up for me and not finishing and popping up with mean errors!

anyone else having problems?

can't log in :(

(the saddest of faces)

e: Patching has failed. (Error #3145)

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

cinn posted:

patcher is hanging up for me and not finishing and popping up with mean errors!

anyone else having problems?

can't log in :(

(the saddest of faces)

e: Patching has failed. (Error #3145)

Murvin posted:

If anybody else is having Error #3145 while patching today (me included) I found this from the Rift forums and it worked for me:

Rift Forums
"If anyone is having issues patching rift, just hit the "guest"' button, and patch. Then restart the client after it patches, and log in with your main account."

Read a few posts up.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So based on my last post what is the best way to level a cleric.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Got my mail invites for Zenhammer, Soulsage & Corcra but they failed when i clicked on Join Guild, the patch must have broken things. :saddowns:

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Even though my rogue hit 60 last week and was starting to gear up for raiding, if you really need clerics, I have been working my alt up the ranks. I think he is around level 43, so I can certainly prioritize him to get to 60, but do not want to rush if there is a huge wash of clerics coming up and we end up with a huge glut of them.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Run this. You want the mana drain 3rd phase (first one where you actually fight Crucia). And then, of course, the AP for the turrets.

Yeah, that's what I was going to use. All the utility I need for those fights, and it'll make the trash between the first FT boss whose name I forget and Zaviel less of a pain to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Saveron_01 posted:

Even though my rogue hit 60 last week and was starting to gear up for raiding, if you really need clerics, I have been working my alt up the ranks. I think he is around level 43, so I can certainly prioritize him to get to 60, but do not want to rush if there is a huge wash of clerics coming up and we end up with a huge glut of them.

Play what you enjoy. People have lots of alts and we have lots of people working on level 60. Next week we will probably have too many clerics.

• Locked thread