Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I'm liking "Superstition, feng shui and nostalgia: The Autobiography of Seth Romatelli"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, the current title is off putting. I actually slept on this show way earlier because of it. (A year or more?)

There was some choice quotes on the new one:

The sexual politics between Man and WoMan and Drifter.

Lots of tots and tater loads.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just listened to the story about jonathon getting chased by the parking guy with a golf club in front of a bus load of models.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
UYD: Never dodge a load.

Or just "America through the eyes of two American Americans", I've always liked that line.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

UYD: We love bits. Bits and gags.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

UYD: Baby cockfights. UYD: More Pixar, less bukkake. Or we could keep it classy with UYD: 2006 for life.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
UYD: The Alice In Chains of podcasts

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
The White Man Calls Our Podcast: Wind

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

SaxMaverick posted:

The White Man Calls Our Podcast: Wind

This, please.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

UYD: 2006 for life

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
UYD: Over-The-Knee Bare-Bottom Discipline

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

UYD: Over-The-Knee Bare-Bottom Discipline

UYD: Never Trust A Big Butt And A Smile

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Professor Latency posted:

UYD: Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood

This has my vote

Also, I'm going to be disappointed if the Buff Baby recall doesn't make the next CPSC Chin-a recall segment.

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 2, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

UYD: No Games, No Drama

These are all great though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
UYD: Distraction, Comfort, Sedation.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

UYD: Pointing, screaming and running

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

ShakeZula posted:

That slogan list is amazing.

UYD: A Shotgun, a Bible, and a Compass

This is just the best.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

crimedog posted:

Yeah, the current title is off putting. I actually slept on this show way earlier because of it. (A year or more?)

Same. It's super funny and fitting now that I get the context, but I avoided UYD for ages because this is the first place I'd heard of it and "no gay poo poo" totally mislead me about the vibe of the show.

"UYD: America through the eyes of two American Americans" and "UYD: Saving America from herself" sum up the show without being off-putting to new listeners or too in-jokey to make sense. A lot of the ones that have been posted are awesome, though.

JethroMcB posted:

I think my favorite slogan is "I wanna know more about this sodomy," but I don't think it will attract anyone who already skipped over the thread due to "No gay poo poo."

"What starts with techno, involves two guys and offends a lot of people? Gay sex or UYD."

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
UYD: Twin Jets

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

UYD: I hate my wife. She hasn't even got a dick.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Jonathan posted a picture of a gnarly wound he got on his hand to his instagram. I won't post it because its gross. I'm sure a crazy story is forthcoming.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brock Samson posted:

UYD: I hate my wife. She hasn't even got a dick.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Almost every suggestion that's been posted doesn't make any sense at all outside of the listenership and would just confuse someone rather than interest them. If I never knew about UYD I'd click this thread title in a second.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Uhh Yeah Dude

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
So when do you think the boys'll get around to talking about white people paying to stick their feet in aquariums?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Can somebody explain how having a different inside joke title that only makes sense/is only funny in the context of the show is supposed to attract new listeners?

Late.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Wrap a smile around that cock.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Can somebody explain how having a different inside joke title that only makes sense/is only funny in the context of the show is supposed to attract new listeners?

Late.

If you don't think that claiming the Whitest Diapers in the Neighborhood is funny without any context, I dunno.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
"UYD: I came on my own face today"

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
UYD: Are you the kind of girl that likes secret conduct with an older married elected DA? The riskier the better.

UYD: I want you to be so hot, and treat me so well. Are you that good?

from my fav episode, 237

or

UYD: Tune in, cloak out, bone down.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Pompous Rhombus posted:

UYD: Tune in, cloak out, bone down.

I'm totally down for this.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Late.

What would you suggest for a thread title instead

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
The Wikipedia page for Malibu Locals Only is pretty crazy:

Wikipedia posted:

Malibu Locals Only (also known as "MLO") is a group of youths local to Malibu, California, who have been associated with several violent attacks along with other criminal activity in the city.[1] Frequently involved with party, bar or beach area fights, the group has maintained a feeling of aversion toward residents of the San Fernando Valley region, as well as other outsiders who find their way into Malibu for recreation or leisure. Currently, they are considered to be an unorganized group of an estimated 10 to 15 people, who are often criticized by former MLO members for their attacks on innocent people, rather than operating on the original goals of the organization. They are considered wimps.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Title changed, I'm also open to any OP suggestions, specifically the text descriptions. I know they aren't great and someone could do John and Seth better! Is there any thing I should add or change?

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 3, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Love the new title obviously but someone needs to check if it was grammatically hosed up like in the guy's post: "have a dick" vs "got a dick". I think it's in the 122 or 123 somewhere, I just heard it earlier last week.

What I'm saying is I hope the bad grammar is canon.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

RustyTrombone posted:

Title changed, I'm also open to any OP suggestions, specifically the text descriptions. I know they aren't great and someone could do John and Seth better! Is there any thing I should add or change?
The craigshouse link in the op is broken, I uploaded it again a while back: http://www.2shared.com/audio/D3QhOwIP/Craigshouse.html

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Oh god I was just listening to 126 on the bus when they hit the craigshouse section. Pretty sure that I wasn't clean shaven and in a suit they would have thrown me off for being a crazy man I was laughing so much.

That ep is seriously intense though; it goes polygraph parties, cross nursing, no games or drama, i want to gently caress my dad, x games? With no breaks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Oh god I was just listening to 126 on the bus when they hit the craigshouse section. Pretty sure that I wasn't clean shaven and in a suit they would have thrown me off for being a crazy man I was laughing so much.

That ep is seriously intense though; it goes polygraph parties, cross nursing, no games or drama, i want to gently caress my dad, x games? With no breaks.

Don't forget about soy causing Seth's penis to retract into his body.
"Johnathan does this crazy podcast with this lady. She drives a Hummer H3-T, she's a crazy lady. Whatever happened to Seth? "

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Oh man, just realized we missed a chance at a "UYD: Newports, Snickers Charged and a Playgirl" for a thread title :(

Easily one of my favorite UYD segments by far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EihFTpui1KE

I cannot stop laughing at the way Seth pronounces 'Playgirl' at 1:16/1:17

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Since I always enjoy reading people shouting out recent episodes they've listened to, I just wanna say I listened to 54 today and it was great. On a mother teaching her kids to act mentally retarded to receive social security payments, and then being found out when her son went to Canada to represent himself in court on a parking ticket:

"This ticket is bullshit! Uhh no dawg, YOU'RE bullshit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Quite funny the letter that calls out jonathon for being a "hippycrite". He loves tuning up cars and starbucks etc.