Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

You can, or you can just use it on Wonder Man or Thundra, or anyone in your party if you have Omega. It works with Specimen Scanners, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You can, or you can just use it on Wonder Man or Thundra, or anyone in your party if you have Omega. It works with Specimen Scanners, too.

I tried it, but it felt like it took too long to get to a point where it was useful.

You guys think its more likely to get PVE Season 2, a new Spec ops or just a new character (Not Rulk) first? And I laugh at the sacrificial dagger still being in the daily rewards roulette. Though I never noticed 50 cps being there as well.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

With the 4th coming up I could see it being a sale on the Avengers uniforms while they take the long weekend off. Avengers this weekend, Rulk drops next week while PVP ends, maybe reissue the Iron Man 3 unis, and then it's SDCC. I don't think we're getting Season 2 until the end of the month, because if they've missed the announced date this badly they might as well take their sweet time on it.

It would be nice to get an official "our bad" on Season 2 instead of the radio silence we've had, but I imagine they don't want to say anything until they have an official date.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
So what the gently caress is the best course of action to counter all the assholes running Human Torch in pvp?

I'm running General Agent, Cyclops, and a floating spot I usually give to a 10 Iron man I have because the rest of my characters are lovely cheapos but I feel like I only kill him and win if I got lucky.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CDW posted:

So what the gently caress is the best course of action to counter all the assholes running Human Torch in pvp?

I'm running General Agent, Cyclops, and a floating spot I usually give to a 10 Iron man I have because the rest of my characters are lovely cheapos but I feel like I only kill him and win if I got lucky.

Could you afford Black Widow's tac alternate costume? If the Torches you're fighting are blasters, that might help. Her attacks are all stealthy, which should avoid his counter (though I haven't checked to see if his works differently), and if he gets his healing buff up she can knock it off him.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

Sefer posted:

Could you afford Black Widow's tac alternate costume? If the Torches you're fighting are blasters, that might help. Her attacks are all stealthy, which should avoid his counter (though I haven't checked to see if his works differently), and if he gets his healing buff up she can knock it off him.

I've got her tac Avengers outfit already, so I'll try that.

I guess I should dump cyclops then since he's already a tac, but he's so overpowered right now I feel bad doing that.

She does a great job but would be better with the gray tac suit.

CDW fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 2, 2013

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

CDW posted:

I've got her tac Avengers outfit already, so I'll try that.

I guess I should dump cyclops then since he's already a tac, but he's so overpowered right now I feel bad doing that.

She does a great job but would be better with the gray tac suit.

Yeah, I meant her tac gray suit, sorry. It's really powerful.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You should probably put the free stuff links in the OP

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Finally got a Sinister Scepter. Back in the SpecOps it showed up in, I had thought I got all the drops, but after it was over I realized I'd missed that one. It helps make up for not getting any weapon drops for the entirety of the most recent SpecOps.

I'm also getting close the the Shepard's Staff; 43 more nuggets and 2 more Caducites, so hopefully I'll be lucky enough on spins to only need 9 more days. This has been way more successful at getting me to do my 5 PVP matches per day than they last few seasons.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
In case some of you missed it, you can get a free gun on the facebook by playing the iOS game. (if you have the thing on your allies bar)

https://playdom.zendesk.com/entries/24498906

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I started playing this a while back, but ragequit halfway through the tutorial. Now that I'm playing it again, I just can't get enough command points to train my heroes. I've gotten my starting heroes to about level 3, but the bennies I'm getting from my Facebook friends just can't keep up. Am I doing something wrong?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Roughly how long would it take to get to Zemo? The gun doesn't seem all that great but I don't mind hammering it out over my lunch hour or something. If it's going to take a week and then I never touch the iOS version again I don't seem much point

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Opopanax posted:

Roughly how long would it take to get to Zemo? The gun doesn't seem all that great but I don't mind hammering it out over my lunch hour or something. If it's going to take a week and then I never touch the iOS version again I don't seem much point

2 hours tops. He's the boss in 1-3.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've 5 starred 1-3 and haven't gotten the gun yet. It's linked to my fb account so I don't know why I haven't.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

twistedmentat posted:

I've 5 starred 1-3 and haven't gotten the gun yet. It's linked to my fb account so I don't know why I haven't.

Did you beat Zemo after you linked it to your account? Also for some reason you have to actually close the ios game (force exit it) and restart it before you get the gun.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I started playing this a while back, but ragequit halfway through the tutorial. Now that I'm playing it again, I just can't get enough command points to train my heroes. I've gotten my starting heroes to about level 3, but the bennies I'm getting from my Facebook friends just can't keep up. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have 50 friends that play the game? If not, add people from https://www.facebook.com/groups/514104821949975/?bookmark_t=group until you do. You should be able to get 50 SHIELD Points (Command points are the ones you use to buy characters, SHIELD points to train them) a day from gifting, and about 100-150 more per day from visiting your friends- on the bar that list your allies, you can hover over them and visit them to get random stuff from them. One of the things you can get is 3 shield points. Visiting 50 friends a day is a pain that takes a while, but I recently discovered that you can use Firefox and leethax to visit them all in one button push, so I generally log on using Firefox if I want stuff from friends. Finally, midway down http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Stuff_for_Facebook_Players are links to about 110 Shield points that you should be able to visit every 2 weeks or so.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MrBling posted:

Did you beat Zemo after you linked it to your account? Also for some reason you have to actually close the ios game (force exit it) and restart it before you get the gun.

How do you force close it? I don't see an exit button anywhere .

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

How do you force close it? I don't see an exit button anywhere .

Exit out, double tap home button, then click the red button next to it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

Exit out, double tap home button, then click the red button next to it

You have to hold your finger on an app in the taskbar as well, but that got the job done! Thanks!

Seriously, so much silver on ios, no SPs.

I've also discovered that Kitty and Pepper make a good pvp defense combo. I've been losing around 100+ rating but then the other night i switched to them, and have come back to less than 20 point loses.

EDIT: Ugh, still no gun. Maybe I have to beat it, then turn off the app.

Double Edit: Oh god I forgot how annoying the Luke Cage mission is. The boss fight takes so long.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 4, 2013

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sefer posted:

Do you have 50 friends that play the game? If not, add people from https://www.facebook.com/groups/514104821949975/?bookmark_t=group until you do. You should be able to get 50 SHIELD Points (Command points are the ones you use to buy characters, SHIELD points to train them) a day from gifting, and about 100-150 more per day from visiting your friends- on the bar that list your allies, you can hover over them and visit them to get random stuff from them. One of the things you can get is 3 shield points. Visiting 50 friends a day is a pain that takes a while, but I recently discovered that you can use Firefox and leethax to visit them all in one button push, so I generally log on using Firefox if I want stuff from friends. Finally, midway down http://avengersalliance.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Stuff_for_Facebook_Players are links to about 110 Shield points that you should be able to visit every 2 weeks or so.

Well, that more than did the trick, thank you. Facebook hates me, of course, but gently caress 'em. What's the best way to earn Command points?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Well, that more than did the trick, thank you. Facebook hates me, of course, but gently caress 'em. What's the best way to earn Command points?

Other than the 2 every 2 weeks from that wiki link, you either have to spend gold, 5 star missions, or grind for them by doing missions over and over again to get at boss and epic boss spins. 1-1 and 1-2 are the early grind points, needing only 30 energy to get to a boss spin. Once you reach 4-4, if you have Storm, that becomes the best mission because it's only 70 energy to have both a boss fight and an epic boss fight- epic boss roulette gives better results than normal boss roulette, making it better even if it's more energy than 2 runs at 1-1 or 1-2. 4-4 has the best average payout until Chapter 12.

I'd probably keep playing normally until you hit a point where you don't have enough heroes to unlock the next chapter; at that point, grind 1-1 until you have 5 stars, then 1-2 until you have 5 stars, and then 4-4 if you've reached in and have Storm (note, though, that some people prefer not to 5-star 4-4 until they've reached chapter 12, to make grinding it go a bit quicker. It depends on whether getting XP off of it or doing it really quickly is more important to you, since a 5-starred mission is raised up to your level). At that point I honestly don't know whether 5 starring or grinding is more productive, but I suspect you'll want to 5 star things eventually.

Also, make sure to log in at least once each day even if you're not going to play, there's a shot at a ton of CP in the daily roulette.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes, you're on facebook. Quit and start over on playdom. It's pretty much better in every way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
With SDCC, is there a MAA panel like was at NYCCC? Though a bunch of stuff from that still has not been released.

Holy crap, Rescue and WCP teams are annoying as gently caress to fight. If you have a team that is built to beat it, its not too bad, but in pvp you are not going to have that all the time. I end up reloading when I come up against it because I don't want to spend an hour losing.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 6, 2013

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Well, Rescue has just been nerfed. She still seems like she'll be useful, though maybe not as much of a party staple as she's been lately.

And the Warbringer axe too, but that's much happier news since I don't personally have one of these things. I always thought it was odd how its effect would stick around forever even after the agent went down.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Fred is on posted:

Well, Rescue has just been nerfed. She still seems like she'll be useful, though maybe not as much of a party staple as she's been lately.

And the Warbringer axe too, but that's much happier news since I don't personally have one of these things. I always thought it was odd how its effect would stick around forever even after the agent went down.

Hulk got a boost- free Hulk Up every turn. I can remember a time when boosting Hulk would have been unthinkable, but power creep is what it is. His WWH costume now gives him the buff, too, so he benefits double from being attacked now.

Also, gently caress yeah Thor can buff as a quick action now, that's needed to happen for a long time. His Modern costume got less valuable now that you can buff up turn 1 and still attack.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The daily reward now has 1 of the 4 available lockboxes on it, so maybe I've still got a shot at getting Jugs and Constrictor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also a Girls Best Friend is on there. It's nice to see a change, as it seemed like the Sacrificial Dagger was on there for months.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

The daily reward now has 1 of the 4 available lockboxes on it, so maybe I've still got a shot at getting Jugs and Constrictor.
Don't worry, you'll continue to get nothing but stamina based ISOs and 5 battles!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Syrinxx posted:

Don't worry, you'll continue to get nothing but stamina based ISOs and 5 battles!

I have somehow got the 50 CP for three days running now. I'm sure I will now get nothing but awful ISO's from here to eternity to pay for it...

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

GLOSS posted:

I have somehow got the 50 CP for three days running now. I'm sure I will now get nothing but awful ISO's from here to eternity to pay for it...

I get nothing but energy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got a magnetic box this morning, but of course I already have all 4 characters

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I got Girls Best Friend today. :v:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Also a Girls Best Friend is on there. It's nice to see a change, as it seemed like the Sacrificial Dagger was on there for months.

Yeah, but it was only there between SpecOps, so its actual total time up was probably about a month.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Looks like the new patch might have come with some pretty nasty side effects. People are reporting that many attacks affected by the tip window changes are now glitched. I haven't gotten a stun off Widowmaker or a quick action off Power of the Principalities all day.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Mary Annette posted:

Looks like the new patch might have come with some pretty nasty side effects. People are reporting that many attacks affected by the tip window changes are now glitched. I haven't gotten a stun off Widowmaker or a quick action off Power of the Principalities all day.

Omega Sentinel isn't ignoring shields anymore, either.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
I swapped out my warbringer since it's pretty underpowered now and the switch to adamantium sealed the deal. I was still getting warbound earlier today though...

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Inf Shadowcat + Scrapper World War Hulk is ridiculously good in PVP right now if you have a decent +attack bonus. The only match I've lost so far since the patch was just horrible luck where I was stunned and/or debuffed constantly for 3 turns.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Anyone heard if there's going to be a new SpecOps/character on Monday? I wanted to buy Psylocke, but if they're going to release something new then I would keep the CP for that.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Kal-L posted:

Anyone heard if there's going to be a new SpecOps/character on Monday? I wanted to buy Psylocke, but if they're going to release something new then I would keep the CP for that.

I've been seeing for some reason the next lockbox character is Santanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kal-L posted:

Well, Rulk will be available Wed.

• Locked thread