Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mohawk Frost is all anyone should need..

Sinestro really needs a good outfit though, yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

And oh wow, his trait monster does 25% if you just do it's attack 5 (5% each hit with 5 maximum if you just keep mashing trait) times and it comes back pretty quick, it also seems to have Aquaman trait kind of activation, you can be moving or attacking and hitting trait will still make it go.

The regular trait attack doesn't combo into itself so it doesn't do 25%. You can block it by holding back or down. You can block its command grab by holding back but not down. He seems pretty rad he's got a lot of stuff to play with.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

And he's out now!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Looks like they learned their lesson with Cyborg and made Zod's instant-air wait a good number of frames before it can come out. It can hit standing targets, but I can't get it low enough to hit crouching. He's also a power character for interactions. Seems kinda neat, gonna play around with him more.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I won't be making it to Kneel Before Goons for sure and pulled my name out of the bracket.

Hopefully we can make these a more common thing and I'll be able to play next time!

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 2, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Sinestro really needs a good outfit though, yeesh

This will never happen and I'm convinced his next costume will look absolutely ridiculous.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Got some more donations for first prize from Cams. First place now receives 30 copies of DotA on Steam and Second now gets 2 copies of Half-Life 2. There is still time to register too, http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons2

Also, I'm really enjoying this tournaments as well. I'm more than game for another Xbox one and I think we should get one going for the PS3 guys as well. No reason for us to have all of the fun.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
I-I-I think I just anti aired Batmans j2 with Cyborgs d2... is this real life?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SuddenBlackout posted:

I-I-I think I just anti aired Batmans j2 with Cyborgs d2... is this real life?

Cyborg nerf incoming in next hot patch.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So, I've been diddling with Zod, and I think I may have found someone other than Scorpion that I could do some good things with. He's got some really neat combo potential before even looking at his trait.
The best I have gotten so far was a 32%. f21u2XXdb1 db2MB bf2. If you throw another MB on the db1 it will miss, and putting one on the bf2 increases damage to 35%. Also, f23 f23 d2 db2MB is possible. Though I always get to excited and miss the intended bf2 at the end, so I don't know what the damage is there yet.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Some of my Zod opinions.

His startup on his walk is painfully slow, but his dash is pretty good. He's looking much more like a ranged fighter. His crouching normals have some pitiful range. With his trait and db2 MB, he looks to be combo heaven. Good addition and I can't wait for season 2 to start.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Signed up for the tourney tonight even though I'll probably be going 0-2 while complaining to myself about how lovely the netcode is when simple things I can do every time in practice won't come out 90% of the time online.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Found that the f21u2XXdb1 can be a rest setup with a regular charged db2. If you feeling zesty enough, just do a super off of that charged db2 for a 42% with the previous reset of 16%. I'd consider 58% to be a good use of super come mid health bar.

Also, if anyone would like to fight or practice, hit me up on Xbox. GT: UnboundIr0n M4n. I'll be trying out Zod for the most part.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Yardbomb posted:

I like the outfit, but god I just want an Ares alt where they give him the proper *Helmet with a black void and 2 shining red eyes* head. Him actually having flesh just makes it look like he moonlights as a chimney-sweep or a coal miner.

You know what, yeah. This is totally my problem with how Ares looks, no matter what his costume is. Thankfully you only see him from the side during fights...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Out for only a few hours and already there's a glitch in Zods trait:

Event Hubs posted:

It seems that when Zod's trait is instructed to grab when the opponent has an interaction with the stage, the trait will get stuck repeating and whiffing the animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdO70qZmDgw

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Has anyone else been having issues trying to download the Man of Steel costume for Superman? Every time I try and purchase it says it's not available.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Out for only a few hours and already there's a glitch in Zods trait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdO70qZmDgw

Just had this happen to me in an online match. Nothing could be worse. It's really distracting and your trait doesn't charge.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm signed up in the tournament bracket under my gamertag, Steel Colossus. Does anyone know a good Mac IRC client?

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
You can just use mibbit if you want, its a in-browser irc client that works great

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Does Mibbit.com not work in the mac moon browser?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

In units of unpatched Scorpions, how much of an rear end in a top hat is Zod?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

Just had this happen to me in an online match. Nothing could be worse. It's really distracting and your trait doesn't charge.

Lame, man. I guess it wouldn't be a NetherRealm DLC without some kind of janky/broken poo poo.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm signed up in the tournament bracket under my gamertag, Steel Colossus. Does anyone know a good Mac IRC client?

Try out X-Chat Aqua or LimeChat. Both are free and have their pros and cons.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My favorite Zod feature is that he strokes his goatee if you wait long enough.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Spaceman Bill posted:

My favorite Zod feature is that he strokes his goatee if you wait long enough.

In my practice session both him and Ares did their idle laugh at the same time. Zod just sticks his hand out laughing, and Ares looked like he had himself a Santa Chuckle.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm kind of going through a character crisis right now. I've played a bunch of matches with Doomsday and Black Adam, and I'm looking for a 3rd character to learn. I tried Nightwing because he seems interesting to me, but I can never seem to get his Escrima Fury combos to work online. I tried Green Lantern but he feels too.... same-y. I just feel like I'd get tired of b13 into Lantern's Might match after match after match. Anyone have any suggestions?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Catwoman. I'd say Raven because she has the easiest combos for me to land online, but her gameplay is similar to your problem with Green Lantern, just in a different way.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wow, what was with the update being nearly 700MB? Also the online on PS3 is blowing up all over the place right now. :saddowns:

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm kind of going through a character crisis right now. I've played a bunch of matches with Doomsday and Black Adam, and I'm looking for a 3rd character to learn. I tried Nightwing because he seems interesting to me, but I can never seem to get his Escrima Fury combos to work online. I tried Green Lantern but he feels too.... same-y. I just feel like I'd get tired of b13 into Lantern's Might match after match after match. Anyone have any suggestions?

Batgirl. She's pretty different from Doomsday and Black Adam and if you have the skill to so her nasty vortex online (not hard unless you have lovely Internet like me) it can get ugly quickly. I am terrible with Aquaman but I really like his playstyle, a lot of footsies and easy combos if you juggle late. I still favor Grundy but a lot of folks can handle him if they play smart and switch up from normal tactics.

If you just desperately need to win go with Superman and f23 into breath.

Also I agree with the Raven suggestion above, she can be really really fun but if you have an off day, you're gonna have a bad time. Also when trait is up she plays much more offensively (though still not a rushing character IMO) which can be a pleasant switch.

Foodahn fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 3, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm online now practicing if anyone wants to give me a go. Unless that bracket changes I have to fight IronMcHardSteel first :[

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh my god, Zod takes Killer Frost sliders straight to the own-zone with his command grab. :allears:

Edit: OH BOY, Scorpion's loving tele-punch breaks Zod's trait too, if you try to grab Scorp when he does it the ghost will just stay behind him whiffing forever. I still beat that assclown though, trait or no, Zod always wins. :black101:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, it sounds like NRS might have finally made the DLC available for Wii U, up to and including Zod. No idea if they've fixed the online lobbies at all.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
Online practice is a pretty cool mode in my opinion. Thanks Steel Colossus for joining in on that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, it sounds like NRS might have finally made the DLC available for Wii U, up to and including Zod. No idea if they've fixed the online lobbies at all.

loving finally. Of course at the exact time i'm flat out of cash.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

deepshock posted:

Online practice is a pretty cool mode in my opinion. Thanks Steel Colossus for joining in on that.

Sorry for backing out of that, it was an accident. That mode is good thogh.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
The tournament has started. I need to know who Robotbuttlord is. Here's the bracket http://challonge.com/InjusticeGoons2

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Welp I am out. Won a game. Could have won 2 if i didnt suck so much.

Was fun though and I look forward to the next one.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
Sometimes, the scrubby excuses people make when they lose are true. Nevertheless, good games SuddenBlackout and Unbound. 1-2 (3-4 on matches) is acceptable even if the 1 was on a bye, and the excitement these SA tourneys bring is always nice.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 3, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Great games everyone! It been a while since I got so utterly destroyed :v:

Gonna up my game for the next tourney.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Great games everyone! It been a while since I got so utterly destroyed :v:

Gonna up my game for the next tourney.

My thoughts exactly.

Congrats to Arikado, and good job SuddenBlackout. Add me on Steam for you prizes: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042674067/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Fun tournament, good games everyone I played! Time to retire and play DOTA 2 forever. :flashfap:

• Locked thread