Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Shibawanko posted:

My last game had a teammate going on for about 15 minutes because I accidentally shot him with my HCB and me going all "calm bro". When he wouldn't stop complaining, I shot him again.

We had a guy our team who kept complaining about the fighting style of some enemies. Wouldn't stop spamming poo poo like "Block block blockedy block nub". Eventually someone initiated a kickvote against him and it went through. A while later, I think like 30 minutes, he came back under a different name, telling us who he was and that he would make the guy who kickvoted him "his bitch". Essentially what this boiled down to was that he played the e-thug in chat and spammed unsuccessful kickvotes while everyone told him to STFU. It would take him twenty more minutes to finally "get revenge" and have the dude kicked, after which he promptly declared victory despite the fact that the next kickvote was his and it went through as well. Didn't matter, he told us, he had already won.

People in this game aren't all idiots, but the worst of them are really loving bad.

Entenzahn fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

nutranurse posted:

:aaaaa:

I can stop using the terrible second Knight's hammer? Hooray!!!

Wait, you mean the maul?

:frogout:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
THAT'S the maul? You goons get goony over the worst weapons. :colbert:

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

WARnold posted:

Also, are servers usually this empty as they are at the moment? I picked the game up over the weekend (bought it earlier, just hadn't played it).
I guess the free weekend must've inflated numbers.

If you're judging from the server browser, don't take those numbers seriously. Their server browser is terrible and rarely shows remotely accurate numbers. The only ones that tend to be reliable are when it shows a full server because everyone is trying to get in those. It'll say something like theres only 2 people, but its really a 10v10 going on. That said, the number of players has gone down a bit. Most of the people I see playing now are either beginners or the high ranked guys that play every day.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Elth posted:

Wait, you mean the maul?

:frogout:

The maul is a bad weapon that is really easy to dodge even if you're not the MAA. :colbert:

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Roobanguy posted:

The maul is a bad weapon that is really easy to dodge even if you're not the MAA. :colbert:

But drat, landing a sweet overhead slam and smashing some guy's head is so right.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

nutranurse posted:

:aaaaa:

I can stop using the terrible second Knight's hammer? Hooray!!!

Wow, WOW. :frogout:
The Maul is the Best weapon. The best death I've died is rushing as Agatha to the right-hand gap on the wall on Citadel and a Mason knight dropping from the top of the wall and on his fall landing a maul overhead on me, smashing my head. Pretty drat sure the fall alone took a good chunk of his health but it was loving WORTH IT.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
Falling kills are the best. My favorite is playing Mason on the last part of Hillside. I like to jump from the wall down to the lower ballista when someone on my team is being attacked and then skewer/smash the Agathan guy on my way down. Like some kind of awful guardian angel screaming "WE CRRRUUUMBLE!" :angel:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
The maul has certainly been responsible for the coolest looking kills I have ever spectated. Personal favorite: Maul guy is fending off 2 vans and an MAA, takes down one van with a smash to the chest, runs away for some distance, and somehow manages to time/position his overhand such that he killed the MAA with the upswing and the van with the down. :what:

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Did somebody at TB pour coke into their servers overnight or something? Game was doing so well for me until yesterday. Now my ingame browser is suddenly super-inconsistent, it's really hard to find a somewhat populated official server that still has room and most importantly my weapon unlock progress keeps resetting everytime a match ends. I'm still at 51 kills to go with the Javelin even though I must have scored like 150 by now.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Entenzahn posted:

Did somebody at TB pour coke into their servers overnight or something? Game was doing so well for me until yesterday. Now my ingame browser is suddenly super-inconsistent, it's really hard to find a somewhat populated official server that still has room and most importantly my weapon unlock progress keeps resetting everytime a match ends. I'm still at 51 kills to go with the Javelin even though I must have scored like 150 by now.

Yeah, I gave up after an hour of raging that my spear kills weren't tallying.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not really having any issues with the servers. I did encounter a dude playing as a knight who was almost unhittable cause of his ping. It was only like 130, but drat was it hard to kill him. My attacks would just go through him and so nothing to stop the onslaught of attacks.

I fell back in love with the javelin though, running around as an archer with the basic jav and the short sword is way too much fun. Laugh as everyone perishes to the stab. I guess you can throw it at guys too, but it's more fun to stab. It seems like TB had finally made it more telltale to pick up your used projectiles off the bodies of dead guys too, so that's a plus.

The stat reset glitch is a giant pain in the rear end though, sometimes I wanna use the light bow or the morning star, but nope can't because there's some dumbass glitch that is wildly inconsistent in it's occurrence.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
I had the same problems with the server browser last night, had to use the alternate server browser to find a game: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

As for weapons resetting apparently if you use the "reconnect" command in the console it fixes the problem. Haven't tried it myself though.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Cass posted:

I had the same problems with the server browser last night, had to use the alternate server browser to find a game: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

As for weapons resetting apparently if you use the "reconnect" command in the console it fixes the problem. Haven't tried it myself though.

I'll try that alternate server browser. The ingame one is abysmal right now. Reconnect didn't work, kills needed still revert back to the original value after each match. But both of this seems to be a fault on the side of TB since a lot of others seem to be experiencing the same issues right now. Kinda frustrating, especially since I hate this CoD-like grind-to-unlock crap in the first place.

At least it's a good excuse to play on 64-players servers. You can't unlock anything on those anyway. :v:

Entenzahn fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 3, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Picked this up during the recent Steam sale and oh my god it's amazing. I knew that the moment a head exploded after being punched that this game would be good.

Entenzahn posted:

At least it's a good excuse to play on 64-players servers. You can't unlock anything on those anyway. :v:

Huh? I only run on 64 player servers and have a few weapons unlocked :confused:

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Pope Mobile posted:

Huh? I only run on 64 player servers and have a few weapons unlocked :confused:

It's inconsistent for me. I remember one occasion on which my kills counted towards the total, but generally I can only get it to work reliably when I play on the official servers.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Official servers? Didn't even realize there were any. I just filter by number of players and jump into the first 64 player server :haw:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Did anyone else's performance go to poo poo recently? Since what must have been the last patch, I went from never dropping below 30FPS, to constantly sub 20. The game's become unplayable. Do the most recent Radeon drivers have issues with Chivalry or something?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Did anyone else's performance go to poo poo recently? Since what must have been the last patch, I went from never dropping below 30FPS, to constantly sub 20. The game's become unplayable. Do the most recent Radeon drivers have issues with Chivalry or something?

The game's just really poorly optimized. I can run most modern games on high or more but with this game I'm lucky to break 30 FPS at the lowest settings.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Don't set your blood decal and [whatever the corpse length is called] so high dummy. Those two are the fps killer especially the corpse one, which is a shame because there's nothing quite like playing the agatha king TO map with corpse littered all over the place.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
After somehow tiring of trashcanning people with a warhammer in War of the Roses, would this game be a change for the better?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I wish overheading someone with the maul in this game would cause them to become stuck in the ground like a nail in a board.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Shumagorath posted:

After somehow tiring of trashcanning people with a warhammer in War of the Roses, would this game be a change for the better?
Without even having played WotR myself, I'll still say that if you're not a huge sucker for unlocking all that customization poo poo, YES. This poo poo is seriously visceral, physical and brutal.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
As someone who has both WotR and Chivalry, Chivalry's the game that has far, far, far better and engaging combat. It's just a poop ton of fun, unlike WotR's floaty combat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

WotR is the Red Orchestra 2 to Chivalry's Modern Warfare 3. Yeah, its more historically accurate and in depth, yeah it has some cool mechanics, yeah, it is harder to play really well. But everyone still plays Chiv because it's just so much more *fun*, despite all that

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

PATCH NOTES FOR THE PATCH GOD

quote:

Experience stats load successfully now.
Corrected Man-at-Arms max sprint speed.
Reduced stamina cost of combo feint, recovery parry and combo parry by 5 each.
Projectile speeds slowed down ~10-20% to compensate for Patch 2's fps related fix.
Sprint attacks properly drain stamina when blocked.
Added a missing keybind.

The next big patch has already been in progress and we are now releasing it to the beta app for initial testing. This is still a work in progress, so not all changes will be in it.
The patch will be up later tonight along with full patch notes. But here are a few things you can look forward to:
- server browser fix
- flag in the frontend map
- customization
- rcon
The SDK is now also part of the beta build.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Do vet helmets finally work?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

Do vet helmets finally work?

I can't guarantee that they work on every server but I have seen some people running around with some mighty fine helmets on, so they at least work conditionally.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I got bored of all the weapons so today I decided to kill stuff with my fists. It teaches you how to evade attacks really well. When you don't have such noob crutches as "parrying", you'll learn how to duck, dodge and sidestep away from attacks in no time. Sometimes people will appreciate your kung fu so much that they will join in. On one server, I had like a ring of dudes with their fists out, watching me and some other guy duke it out. Then I said a Fight Club quote in the chat and it was cool.

Fighting with your fists isn't that effective, though! I finished first only a couple of times. Also, I still have no solution to dealing with a horizontal attack aimed at my stomach. Can't duck under it, can't jump over it. Really the only choice is to try to dodge to the side but even then you'll probably get hit. Plus there's the fact that your fists have very little reach and damage, which means vanguards are even more likely to come and steal your kills.

On the bright side, it's really fun when you do everything right. You can charge at a guy, duck under his sideways lmb and come back with an uppercut, then sidestep away from his stab and punch him in the back of the noggin, then wait for him to start another attack only to interrupt it. And then his head explodes. And then someone initiates a kickvote on you and you get kicked off the server.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I discovered the magic of the hatchet today. I don't think I've ever been able to so effectively jump into the middle of a group of dudes and end up alone, panting and covered in blood, quite so easily.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I may as well SAM the tutorial. drat thing ended up breaking many times during the free weekend and now it froze when I had to attack the basics instructor. I might be missing something even though I rank top five every match.

Lots of whining and pubby tears in the meantime. Are ping-kicks always a thing?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Lots of whining and pubby tears in the meantime. Are ping-kicks always a thing?

They are a thing but not terribly common, it depends on the server. They can be helpful, since in this game a 300-ping player can really gently caress up the game for others, but on the flip side I have seen people kicked for having 100 ping.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Minorkos posted:

Also, I still have no solution to dealing with a horizontal attack aimed at my stomach. Can't duck under it, can't jump over it.

Your best bet is just to hug their face and run circles around them, but that just leaves you open to a big lmb slash.

Azure Renraku
Oct 6, 2003
I love this game but am utterly tired of it not saving progress 90% of the time. I just got 30 kills in one TDM game and it started not saving progress. Anyone know what's up?

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Minorkos posted:

I got bored of all the weapons so today I decided to kill stuff with my fists. It teaches you how to evade attacks really well. When you don't have such noob crutches as "parrying", you'll learn how to duck, dodge and sidestep away from attacks in no time. Sometimes people will appreciate your kung fu so much that they will join in. On one server, I had like a ring of dudes with their fists out, watching me and some other guy duke it out. Then I said a Fight Club quote in the chat and it was cool.

Fighting with your fists isn't that effective, though! I finished first only a couple of times. Also, I still have no solution to dealing with a horizontal attack aimed at my stomach. Can't duck under it, can't jump over it. Really the only choice is to try to dodge to the side but even then you'll probably get hit. Plus there's the fact that your fists have very little reach and damage, which means vanguards are even more likely to come and steal your kills.

On the bright side, it's really fun when you do everything right. You can charge at a guy, duck under his sideways lmb and come back with an uppercut, then sidestep away from his stab and punch him in the back of the noggin, then wait for him to start another attack only to interrupt it. And then his head explodes. And then someone initiates a kickvote on you and you get kicked off the server.

There is nothing better in this game than punching somebody in the face and watching their head explode.

Azure Renraku
Oct 6, 2003
Also this game is plagued with hacks. Speed hacks, 'unblockable weapon' attacks, wall hacks, aimbots, etc. Almost every server I play on there's someone at the top that's like 75 kills and 2 deaths trying to claim that the reason they can swing their halberd 5 times before you can raise your shield is skill.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Server browser is still hosed up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do they not care about their broken tutorial or does every patch ruin any progress?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Wish this poo poo were actually in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

Shima Honnou posted:

Wish this poo poo were actually in the game.

In related news, Chivalry is $6.24 for the next 48 hours on Steam, and $18.74 for a 4-pack.

• Locked thread