Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
yeah but I'm not a oval office who ruined football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMA1Tdx25zE

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

At the end of the day everyone involved in football is a oval office. The owners are cunts. The managers are cunts. The players are cunts. The tea lady is a raging oval office. The fans are cunts, and we're all a bunch of cunts arguing on the internet about who's a oval office.

Chelsea are just bigger cunts

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

speak for yourself. Us people spreading rumors without a modicum of knowledge are exceptional bringers of knowledge

e: i have a feeling I was trying to quote tesco

Sauska fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 3, 2013

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chelsea own

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

More like

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Surprised no one told him to change BEFORE posing for the cameras.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bayern Munich had to make a public apology to adidas for their new signings' Nike publicity stunts too. Bit embarrassing, really.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

At the end of the day everyone involved in football is a oval office. The owners are cunts. The managers are cunts. The players are cunts. The tea lady is a raging oval office. The fans are cunts, and we're all a bunch of cunts arguing on the internet about who's a oval office.

Bit long for a subforum name but I think we should go for it anyway.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Haha, hold the shirt in a way to obscure all Adidas logos and wear a big rear end Nike logo on your shirt. I like this lad(or at least his PR guy).

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004

...most of Russia's natural resources.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Jan Kirchhoff did the same with a different NIKE shirt and it's very possible that somebody will lose his job over this so nice job you rich dumb cunts for destroying a young dudes career with a premeditated PR stunt.

:thumbsup:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Wirth1000 posted:

Surprised no one told him to change BEFORE posing for the cameras.

Hahaha he's even folded the adiddas logo's back so they cant be seen at all.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Worth an empty quote

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
So what's the big deal about that Götze thing? He's sponsored by Nike so he wore their t-shirt? I bet he's going to wear Nike boots all the time while playing for Bayern. Why on earth was anyone forced to apologise? Fußball is dead.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

jyrka posted:

So what's the big deal about that Götze thing? He's sponsored by Nike so he wore their t-shirt? I bet he's going to wear Nike boots all the time while playing for Bayern. Why on earth was anyone forced to apologise? Fußball is dead.

Bayern are owned by Adidas and sponsored by Adidas, they were extremely unhappy that Gotze and Nike did some guerrilla marketing and nobody in the Bayern conference thought to go "hang on a minute lad, what the gently caress do you think you're doing?".

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Bayern are owned by Adidas and sponsored by Adidas, they were extremely unhappy that Gotze and Nike did some guerrilla marketing and nobody in the Bayern conference thought to go "hang on a minute lad, what the gently caress do you think you're doing?".

I know they're sponsored by Adidas. Why was that "guerrilla marketing" though? Mario Götze is sponsored by Nike.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Spangly A posted:

Adidas owns 9% of Bayern Munich and produce their kit.

jyrka posted:

I know they're sponsored by Adidas. Why was that "guerrilla marketing" though? Mario Götze is sponsored by Nike.

Presenting a player in a press conference has one purpose: Selling more kits/stuff with that dudes name on it.
It's basically an Adidas commercial.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Presenting a player in a press conference has one purpose: Selling more kits/stuff with that dudes name on it.
It's basically an Adidas commercial.

Does Götze wearing a Nike t-shirt infer on that somehow? Maybe it does a little. It would be funny if fans start wearing that Nike t-shirt rather than the proper kit.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

jyrka posted:

Does Götze wearing a Nike t-shirt infer on that somehow? Maybe it does a little. It would be funny if fans start wearing that Nike t-shirt rather than the proper kit.

People are still going to buy the shirt, but it's absolutely a PR gaffe on Bayern's part. As ephex said, it's basically an Adidas commercial so having a direct competitor's logo more visible than their own is pretty counterproductive.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's become a Nike advertisement as far as I'm concerned. Those Nike shirts look quite decent

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Vegetable posted:

It's become a Nike advertisement as far as I'm concerned. Those Nike shirts look quite decent

Yeah. If you're a 140 pound eastern european twink

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He can't wear any non-Adidas branded clothing while appearing as a Bayern player, the exception is boots obviously.

He's still sponsored privately by Nike privately, just like Messi is sponsored by Adidas, Fabregas by Puma and so on.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jyrka posted:

It does when Goetze is folding over and hiding every addidas symbol and making sure the shirt doesnt cover his huge Nike advert on his chest.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

serious gaylord posted:

It does when Goetze is folding over and hiding every addidas symbol and making sure the shirt doesnt cover his huge Nike advert on his chest.

He didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9jthUDu5I&t=1952s

:thumbsup:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

I guess in the end we can all agree that both Nike and Adidas shirts are made by the same little slave children in Asia.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Why in the hell didnt they just give him a different t-shirt?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Why in the hell didnt they just give him a different t-shirt?

Probably because no one thought it was important enough to notice. In my personal opinion the outrage in the media is the real guerrilla marketing. This is Kanye vs 50 all over again.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The new kit manufacturer for Bayern Munich is....

YOU THE FANS!

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

The new kit manufacturer for Bayern Munich is....

lmao I forgot about that BS

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaubsq3mGs

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Is that a car park? Wouldn't put it past that mentalist.

Seriously, the lad's not right

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I love the random Podolski selfies in between all the Abromovich shite.

WARNING: The following picture is of Fabio Borini on the beach with his lovely missus. The problem is he seems to have borrowed one of her bikini bottoms and is wearing it as "swim trunks" You'll never be able to unsee it. Click at your own risk.

http://i.imgur.com/SsbaOJ6.jpg

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
If I had abs like that, I'd dress the same way.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Awesome, if he had some Bratwurst on there it would be german_football_fan.jpg.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Fancy video featuring Ashley Cole (a poor boy whose intentions are good)

http://vimeo.com/68884291

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I love Podolski, but it would be hilarious if he was going around setting this stuff up then taking a self shot with a camera on a tripod.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJn5XxWg9U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

gently caress I clicked the Borini picture without reading the post and noticed his bikini bottom immediately :wtc:

• Locked thread