Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This is a really loving good game so far.

e:amazing how quickly this game changed from "impossibly close" to "one team is dominating"

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
That flash out of the Baron pit was pretty intense.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Ballsy play by Vulcan there, catching out Voyboy and Saint like that by Baron.

e:drat, Vulcan really taking command.

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 4, 2013

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Zekes Herald, hardly ever see that item anymore. Good pick up I think.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Admoon posted:

While NA teams are playing, some big news from across the pond: http://www.fnatic.com/content/95614/changes-in-the-fnatic-lol-team

nRated out, Yellowstar to support, and a solo queue player named puszu is new AD carry. Not sure how they made this decision I thought nRated was one of their best players.

Their bot lane has been really bad the last few weeks. Both nRated and Yellowstar have played pretty terribly. So I'm not surprised they made a change. nRated seemed much better last season than this season I'm not sure what has changed. He missed like 20 Blitz grabs in a row last week.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Vulcun are playing like crazy this game. Really good calls.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Don't Fnatic have that kid Rekkles lying around who can play AD carry ? or is still too young to play on an LCS team ?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Zahki posted:

Zekes Herald, hardly ever see that item anymore. Good pick up I think.

It's kinda niche, but it's good to have for a push, if I can I like to build it on Sona, but I think it works better on the likes of Elise.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

Don't Fnatic have that kid Rekkles lying around who can play AD carry ? or is still too young to play on an LCS team ?

He's not eligible until September 2013, when he will surely join their main team in my mind. He's easily in the discussion for best AD Carry in Europe. He's very much better than YellowStar. So maybe YellowStar moving to support now is like him getting ready to support Rekkles later, I don't know.

That said, it's too late to help them in Summer and I don't know when S3 worlds is.

e: had wrong month.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A+ game, excellent play and strategy by both sides, I would be surprised if this isn't the game of the week. I think a lot of this game came down to the fact that in the first invade, even though CRS got more kills and first blood their kills went to a Vlad, who was neutralized in a 2v1, and their jungler. Meanwhile Vulkun's kills went to Tristana and Orianna, who were allowed favorable matchups to take advantage of their lead over the opponents.

Maybe Curse would have won if they went with Swain and started him with two kills...

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 4, 2013

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK

Savage Cracker posted:

His 17th birthday is September 20, and summer split regular season ends in mid August. So presumably he will be available after the next playoffs.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
TSM won the picks here - they're gonna shove down towers so hard with Nasus/Cait/Jayce and then Zed on split push/duel; Velocity doesn't have very good waveclear and I don't know how they'll deal with the fast push.

Edit: Well, that was an awkward lvl1

Wow, that was a sloppy mess at the toplane turret. Bad form by Xpecial/Turtle

NK Inc's Eve ults are underwhelming as heck. They need to go for catches, not trying to get tower siege kills, imo.

Also, Jayce still OP

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 4, 2013

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

TSM throwing hard. I mean, really wildturtle? Staying around at 1/4 health when Eve is in the lane with you?

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Admoon posted:

Not sure how they made this decision I thought nRated was one of their best players.

Have you watched any of Fnatic's recent games? nRated has been awful.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Velocity are squandering their lead here. They don't know what to do.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's getting really obvious why Velocity is the worst team in the LCS.

what the gently caress is reginald doing?

jesus christ evaniskus why would you ever think that was a good time to crescendo? When you can hit maybe 2 people who are under their turret

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 4, 2013

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Velocity keeps making good plays and then not settling for them.

sirtommygunn posted:

what the gently caress is reginald doing?

Reginald isn't sure what exactly an "Evelynn" is.

The Mattybee fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 4, 2013

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The Mattybee posted:

Have you watched any of Fnatic's recent games? nRated has been awful.

I haven't been watching this season I just remember last season when nRated was definitely one of their top players so it's odd to hear he's been underperforming. It always seemed like he would be the one carrying yellowstar but if his recent performance has really been that bad then it makes more sense.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Cris is either extremely lucky or really good at avoiding death.

I think Reginald is trying too hard

Those Crescendos make me sad, especially after watching OGN

VVVVV TSM's Comp would have been good had they actually pushed down towers, but they botched that in the top lane so hard.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 4, 2013

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Velocity may just win this on Reginald's stupidity and TSM's poor comp (armor itemization is really good right now guys).

Then again, Velocity's complete incompetence when it comes to objectives may lose it. Typed that before they got baron.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 4, 2013

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
TSM need to bring Jonas back. He did a good job keeping them focused, competent, and improving. This is similar to the pre-Jonas TSM that got too comfortable after having a good period, and then sucked because they saw themselves being so superior to the rest of the NA scene.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I have yet to see a VES win in the LCS where I've been really wowed by their play and it hasn't come off as the other team massively underperforming.

If they win this, my opinion still won't have changed.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

The Mattybee posted:

I have yet to see a VES win in the LCS where I've been really wowed by their play and it hasn't come off as the other team massively underperforming.

Every time I see VES play I think about how it could have been Complexity instead if they hadn't lost that one game to MRN at the end of the spring split.

Edit: Yeah, that happened. Baron dancing vs a Jayce and letting Zed catch them will lose a game right quick.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 4, 2013

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Pee pee, doo doo, Velocity are a bad team.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Annnnd thats that. Velocity had all the chances in the world and they just wandered around the map doing nothing in particular. Their best call was doing that Baron when Reginald went botlane, but once they had it they went back to scratching their heads about how to press the advantage.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

God drat Velocity is so bad.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Mattybee posted:

Man... being a VES fan, I now understand Cubs fans. I fell in love during their promotion with the Jungle EZ. Now they are 2-9 and everytime they are up I am mixed between prepared to being disappointed and having my hopes high enough to hurt.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Unexperienced team gets a lead, doesn't know what to do, loses a late teamfight against more experienced team, everything that happened in the past 40 minutes was meaningless. The worst kind of game.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Hah, Master Yi ban, whats that Cloud 9? The smell of fear. :hehe:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Scarra drew a Yi ban? Amazing!

C9 gets Jayce, Dignitas gets TF and Zed. Interesting - Graves and Xin coming back!

Looks like Dig is going early/mid strength, and Cloud 9 is going their classic comp.

Edit: Imaqtpie is definitely playing solid this game, and Kiwikid's TF is pulling C9 all over the map - and those agressive Patoy plays!

Why would you bait in the baron pit vs Zac? The baron curse returns!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 4, 2013

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

crumbz missed 1 red buff, and now he's lower level than the duo lane. Counterjungling op right now.

E: holy loving poo poo C9 is good at team fights.

"It's like setting a trap in a bear's den, with the sleeping bear right behind you"

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 4, 2013

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That was the dumbest attempt at baiting that I've ever seen.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
These baron calls :allears:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

QtPie has been really good in this game but everyone else on Dignitas is playing like complete poo poo.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Well if there was ever a time to decide to chase the support and run right into a devestating counter engage it would be seconds before the baron respawns.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Zahki posted:

Well if there was ever a time to decide to chase the support and run right into a devestating counter engage it would be seconds before the baron respawns.

What really makes the decision baffling is that they have the TF ult activated before they go in, they can see C9 is totally prepared to destroy them in that narrow corridor.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

QtPie has been really good in this game but everyone else on Dignitas is playing like complete poo poo.

They had some early positives that were offset by terrible calls.

They should have never fought 5v5 if they could help it. A graves/tf/zed comp is best if you catch out 1-2 people and blow them up super fast. They were using it well when they used map pressure to make C9 move around the map and then create catches by the positional changes - that got Kiwikid/Qtpie a bunch of kills and got them towers too. But then they stopped pushing and did the classic Dignitas baron throw thing!

Ahahahaha - Quote from twitter "The MVP of all games so far has been Baron pit"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am convinced that C9 is some sort if hivemind collective of nerdy looking androids. I don't know how human beings could be as coordinated in team fights like they do.

VVVV
Oh I have no doubt that LG has a lab building lol killbots.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 4, 2013

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

KirbyKhan posted:

I am convinced that C9 is some sort if hivemind collective of nerdy looking androids. I don't know how human beings could be as coordinated in team fights like they do.

Have you ever watched an OGN stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Mattybee posted:

Have you ever watched an OGN stream?

I've never seen Asian teams play live in a scenario that wasn't an international competition because they hold all their games in the middle of the night in NA and most of their VODs are behind paywalls. I think there was like once or twice I had to get up super early for something else and caught the tail end of a big tournament game but that was about it. The time zones thing really fucks most people out of watching those teams play.

• Locked thread