Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Server 107.3.151.128 is back up for now. Does anyone know a way to make windows re-launch Server.exe when it notices it has stopped responding?

Or does anyone not have their server crash? How's the hamachi one going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Heran Bago posted:

Server 107.3.151.128 is back up for now. Does anyone know a way to make windows re-launch Server.exe when it notices it has stopped responding?

It crashed a ton whenever someone lagged out or left the game.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

For a game with nothing to do yet, it's actually really fun so far. I hope Wollay adds fishing because that's my favourite silly timesink.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Heran Bago posted:

Mine hasn't crashed, but I've been the only one on it. Feel free to try it.
I don't know if the client can take a host name instead of an ip, but it's:
see <PGS Thread>

If it doesn't take the hostname, try see <PGS Thread>

I'm not on it at the moment, and it's using a random seed instead of the default. Let me know if it crashes.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 7, 2013

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

im a girl btw posted:

For a game with nothing to do yet, it's actually really fun so far. I hope Wollay adds fishing because that's my favourite silly timesink.

Yesss fishing would be awesome, I spent so much time in WoW on that crap.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tooooooo bad posted:

Activation e-mail come on. :qq:

I just want to give him my money.

:qq::respek::qq:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cerevisiae posted:

It crashed a ton whenever someone lagged out or left the game.

Threw it back up but this is gettin' silly. Try Gerdalti's riaa.servebeer.com / 96.244.51.153

They probably already know about it but I'll be a good tester and report it... When the site's bug reporting comes back online.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 5, 2013

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

The weapon customization is pretty neat. I started near a massive cave system full of bats and ore, and once I got out I decided to pimp my starter sword.

Made the spiked guard a bit too big but whatever. I am sucker for ARTS.

I'm confused with the customization. How do I put blocks on the other sides of a weapon? I can only put them on one face and I can't seem to rotate it.

e: gently caress, never mind. its mouse 3

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 5, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Got this tip from Reddit, but if you use "80085" as a seed, the starting town has an epic three-star lantern available. You can see lantern off, default lantern, and epic lantern below:

(yes i know what the seed says.)

edit: Possibly a better lantern if you use the seed "209222". It's a giant star instead of three stars so it might be a tier above.

7c Nickel posted:

Underneath all of one of the mountains near town.
Does it actually extend the sword's reach?

Jigoku San posted:

I'm confused with the customization. How do I put blocks on the other sides of a weapon? I can only put them on one face and I can't seem to rotate it.

Hope your mouse has three buttons! Click and hold the mouse wheel to turn. Incidentally, this is how you pan the map, too.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 5, 2013

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Please don't tell me I'm the only one that used 69 for their seed...

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

something posted:

Oh... my bad :downs:. By the looks of it I could set up a hamachi server in a couple minutes, if that would make people happy. I know it would make me happy!

Edit: Ok, those who don't have a burning hatred for hamachi and wanna play multiplayer try this:

Network name: cubegoons

pass: lljk

Then join on the ip in hamachi. Doubt this applies to many people but, new(ish) characters only please.

Alright, I'm expanding the networks for this since i hit my limit. Further networks will be named cubegoons2, 3, 4, etc. same pass, same ip to join. This allwos me to have any number of people on the server.

For now I have cubegoons and cubegoons2 up. will add more as they fill.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Can't seem to find anything about this, but my friend seems to have a weird connection issue with Cube World multiplayer; he'll join my server and just be stuck in the water where he initially spawns while he can freely move around and see us, but the rest of us see him frozen at the start. Has anyone ran into this issue and a possible fix? He went through some of the usual suspects like firewall/ports/reinstalling/running as admin.

e: Well, found someone else with the issue but as of this edit there's no replies.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 5, 2013

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
OK, so mine does crash too, bummer!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
How long does it take to get your account activation code? I've been waiting for like 5 minutes..

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.
So after an amazing session of this I am completely convinced this game has massive potential. It's already addictive as hell.

Ocean is the best area. Just massive endless ocean to sail across with islands scattered throughout littered with ruins/monsters/animals. Its amazing.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Also, from what i can tell about the crashing issue. when the server host quits it does not crash, but when someone else quits/lags out, it will.

ps please join my server I am so lonely

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

TShields posted:

How long does it take to get your account activation code? I've been waiting for like 5 minutes..

Took about 10 minutes for me. Getting the download link after paying was instant.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

something posted:

Also, from what i can tell about the crashing issue. when the server host quits it does not crash, but when someone else quits/lags out, it will.
Nope, it crashed when the host left a server I was on earlier.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Oh. My bad then :downs:.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This is fuckin' goofy. There's not three of us, trying with hamachi and also forwarded ports, and only one person can join a given server at a time.

I want to do flips and die to skullbulls with bros, come on man.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

floor is lava posted:

Took about 10 minutes for me. Getting the download link after paying was instant.

Hmm, when did you sign up? I signed up about an hour ago and am still waiting for my activation email

EDIT: Just got it.

Numinous fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 5, 2013

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Has anyone had this problem: you launch the game and it crashes right at the menu when you get passed the launcher? I played it once, quit after a couple minutes later because a friend was going to get it too and play it with me. I got hamachi in an attempt to get multiplayer going and now whenever I try to launch the game and it crashes right away.

\/\/\/ That worked, you rule!!! \/\/\/

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 5, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Has anyone had this problem: you launch the game and it crashes right at the menu when you get passed the launcher? I played it once, quit after a couple minutes later because a friend was going to get it too and play it with me. I got hamachi in an attempt to get multiplayer going and now whenever I try to launch the game and it crashes right away.

I heard that deleting "cursor.plx" and repatching might fix that. Give it a try.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I made a PGS thread so that we could maybe consolidate all the servers into one handy place.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558177

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
So far I have found this game to be really enjoyable, but a bit slow. It's alpha so I expect there to be improvements and less slow sections as development continues. I do have a question though, how on earth do I activate the iron lantern I bought?

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Make sure it's equipped and hit f.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Numinous posted:

Hmm, when did you sign up? I signed up about an hour ago and am still waiting for my activation email

EDIT: Just got it.

Still waiting..

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I tamed a mole and we've been following a dirt road out of the city I started near for over an hour expecting to find another city but I haven't yet. Maybe it wasn't a road after all.

I did come across a portal which says I can press R to teleport but it just brings up the map, do I need to have found another portal to teleport to or something?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

im a girl btw posted:

I tamed a mole and we've been following a dirt road out of the city I started near for over an hour expecting to find another city but I haven't yet. Maybe it wasn't a road after all.

I did come across a portal which says I can press R to teleport but it just brings up the map, do I need to have found another portal to teleport to or something?

According to the official site, yup.

quote:

Portals
Portals consist of magic rune stones that can be found anywhere in the world. Players can quickly teleport between discovered portals.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of pet can I get with Softice? It doesn't appear to be listed on the wiki yet, but I have one in my pet tab.

Also how do I use my hang glider? It says for special item to press G but that isn't doing anything.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 5, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Reason posted:

Also how do I use my hang glider? It says for special item to press G but that isn't doing anything.
Gotta learn the skill first, which is 5 points in Climbing and 1 point in Hang Gliding.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Again, registration server is down. This is the biggest tease of my life. Are there any streams going on?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You can watch me screw around: http://www.twitch.tv/benzvalene

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
Can you remove blocks from a customized weapon?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
If anyone has a seed with a Cinnamon Roll in the first town shop, lemme know please. I need a turtle tank for my squishy rogue rear end.

Also, has anyone figured out how to use Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire nuggets yet?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Going to bed, but leaving my server up. Until the first person quits anyhow, then it will crash. Tomorrow I'll look at turning the server.exe into a windows service that restarts itself when it crashes.

Edit: sc create CubeWorldServer binPath= "c:\program files (x86)\Cube World\Server.exe"
That should create a windows service. Then the service options (start -> run -> services.msc -> look for "CubeWorldServer") in the recovery tab, you can tell it to restart if it fails or dies. I haven't tested this yet, just a concept. There are people active on my server, so I don't want to kill it to test.

Thanks for playing, game is a lot of fun in a group.

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 5, 2013

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Is there only one city per map section or something?
Also, do merchants always have the same stuff or does it change after a certain amount of time?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

im a girl btw posted:

Is there only one city per map section or something?
Also, do merchants always have the same stuff or does it change after a certain amount of time?

Yeah, the city's named after the land, so in "Lands of Blah" it'd be "Blah City" or whatever. And as far as I know, merchants' inventories don't change - their inventories are fixed based on the seed.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

She Big

I Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Oh, one last tip for the night. Seed 209222, the starting item vendor has a kicking rad lamp for 4copper.

• Locked thread