Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheBlobThing posted:

Ahem, it distinctly said 24 hours after the oathbreaker post.

Yes I know I'm petty, but I want my avatar dammit!
:colbert:

This is true, and the drawing has already been made winner of the deathmatch has been decided. Everyone will find out who won when someone gets a new avatar! (the winner has to post in the thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

This is true, and the drawing has already been made winner of the deathmatch has been decided. Everyone will find out who won when someone gets a new avatar! (the winner has to post in the thread)

:f5:

By the way krush, I don't remember if I got back to you about it, but I got the monthly prize you sent me, and I'll probably oath them for the thread. Thanks.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Manifest posted:

I'm hosting a 4th of July bbq today, but I wanted to let everyone know that TOMORROW will be the quarterly conversion prize awards time!

GET READY

(you win a box of space marine shoulder pads)

Wait, are we on quarterly prizes already or is that at the end of the month?
I'm jumping ahead a month here aren't I?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yes. haha

TheBlobThing posted:

:f5:

By the way krush, I don't remember if I got back to you about it, but I got the monthly prize you sent me, and I'll probably oath them for the thread. Thanks.

Sweet! I'd love to see those suckers painted up :)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
:siren: I, PierreTheMime, oath Kairos Fateweaver and Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken! :siren:
These are both Games Workshop models.

As you can see, Straken has left his combat blade behind for a far superior chainsword! I'm painting him to be used (eventually) as a Necromunda gang leader kitted as shown with a Shotgun and Chainsword, so getting to chop him a bit worked out. :)

Edit: That base is going to be completely redone, please ignore that awful acrylic blue and beige on there. :/

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 4, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I, Fix, oath the following:
1 Aegis Defense Line with Icarus Lascannon (Games Workshop)
2 Servitors (Games Workshop)
1 Servitor (Games Workshop kitbash)
1 Crusader (Games Workshop)
3 Servo Skull markers (Games Workshop)
1 Jokaero (Games Workshop)
1 Orangutango (Reaper)
1 Privateer Godwin (Hasslefree)
1 Skinny little dude I honestly have no idea where he came from. I thought he was from Dark Age, but now I can't find it.

One question: Do the Servo Skull markers count towards the "I rolled a 6..." point? As they are not regular game models but markers that operate by their own rules. Because if they do, I'd like to claim that.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I Deanut Pancer, oath this Ork Runt-herd (GW 40k)

I'm planning to do the Jurnal by cutting the left forearm at the elbow, and giving him a Grabbin' Fist to go with his Grabbin' Claw. I shall call him Grabla!

Would this pic count as a valid 'pre-conversion' pic for the jurnal?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

krushgroove posted:

Yes. haha

Sweet! I'd love to see those suckers painted up :)

I haven't gotten the double-sided brushes I won last month but if you're shipping from the UK its probably just in the mail somewhere.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Last month I painted 40k, now Fix is... The wonders never cease.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fyrbrand posted:

Last month I painted 40k, now Fix is... The wonders never cease.

I've got an event in like six weeks. These are the last few models I've got to get ready. Afterwards, they're going to be put away and probably left untouched for a year or two, but what are you gonna do?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE!присяги полной :ducksiren:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 5, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren: I, Indolent Bastard, oath 5 Elf Fantasy Football Players from Shadow Forge Miniatures, 1 Ariadna Chasseur from Corvus Beli (Infinity), and 1 Ork Kopta converted into a Biker/Buggy Boy from Games Workshop :siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 5, 2013

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren: I, Indolent Bastard, oath 5 Elf Fantasy Football Players from Shadow Forge Miniatures, 1 Ariadna Chasseur from Corvus Beli (Infinity), and 1 Ork Kopta converted into a Biker/Buggy Boy from Games Workshop :siren:

How many kopta-turned-buggys does this make for you now?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

How many kopta-turned-buggys does this make for you now?

Fourth and final. I got the bits quite a while back, but this is the last mono wheel,and hence the last buggy.

I'll take a picture of the whole pack when this one is done.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

After some shopping, I, Forkbanger, oath for July 5 Chaos Knights.

I meant to pick up a new sawblade while I was out, but nope.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I PST hereby Oath 2 converted Games Workshop, Battlefleet Gothic Cruisers along with 2 Light Cruisers, 3 Frigates and 4 Destroyers which are all custom resin ships from Mangozac (https://www.resinaddict.com)

Leperflesh: Scale as per previous Oath is 0.03 for your chart

July Detektuv Journal: Cut and Swap
I cut the prow off the two cruisers to replace them with alternate Resin ones (also made by Mangozac for me) to tie in to the rest of the ships (the holes in one of the ships are for magnetising so I can change the ship class at will, am seeing if it's better to do before or after painting hence one has it and the other doesn't.

Before:

After:

This will be a Themed Group.

Edit: Is it best to wait 24 hours for an oath to be accepted before doing anything with the minis in case there's a problem with it?

PST fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 5, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm in the spreadsheet, though I notice my intended 'after' picture is listed as 'before', my 'before' isn't listed, and I don't have an 'after' picture yet. Is this going to be okay? To make it clearer, I've already cut off the bone club, and cut and bent the arm upward. The tankard/bucket sitting on the ground in my 'after' shot will get glued on, painted, during my last step. I'd take another picture, but he's already half painted!

Ah, I was thrown by the greenstuff in your before pic, it looked like it was already altered. I've fixed you up now.

Iris of Ether posted:

One question: Do the Servo Skull markers count towards the "I rolled a 6..." point? As they are not regular game models but markers that operate by their own rules. Because if they do, I'd like to claim that.

They totally count as markers; I think someone else has already done servo skulls as markers for "I rolled a 6..." as well.

Deanut Pancer posted:

Yes

bhsman posted:

:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE!

PST posted:

Edit: Is it best to wait 24 hours for an oath to be accepted before doing anything with the minis in case there's a problem with it?

Sole.Sushi, where are you

Generally yes, it's good to wait if you have any concern your oath post might not be right. However, Sole.Sushi hasn't approved any oaths yet for July, and it's already the 5th; I don't want anyone to lose precious painting time, especially on a long holiday weekend.

I strongly suspect that at this point if Sole.Sushi has an issue with anyone's original Oath photos, he will ask for you to take an additional (better-lit or something) photo, but any paint you have on the mini by now is excused and OK. He's not going to be expecting people to wait around this long. So please go ahead and start painting.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Zhent posted:

I, Zhent, oath one Ravenwing Attack Bike from Games Workshop

Given the holiday, I am going to try and get this one done in 24 hours...

Oath Complete! and I am claiming Speed Painting

A mere 4 hours before I fly out of town for the weekend, so I am glad that I got him done. If it is allowed, I will post some better pictures once I return and can get my actual camera out - I'm not sure what the rules say about adding pictures after the Speed Painting time is completed.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin, being of strange mind and warped body, oath three grey lords , Old Witch and Scrapjack from Privateer Press

counterspin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 6, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zhent posted:

Oath Complete! and I am claiming Speed Painting

A mere 4 hours before I fly out of town for the weekend, so I am glad that I got him done. If it is allowed, I will post some better pictures once I return and can get my actual camera out - I'm not sure what the rules say about adding pictures after the Speed Painting time is completed.

You can update your Oath Complete post at any time before the end of the month. If you want me to notice something, you need to post a new post so I know to go look. For example, if you update your oath complete post with a photo that has your username, and you want me to notice and give you a point for that, you'll need to make a new post about it.

The speed painting time is established by the world time server clock in your photo, so the post edit stamp doesn't really matter.

counterspin posted:

[b] I Counterspin, being of strange mind and warped body, oath three grey lords , Old Witch and Scrapjack.

Who makes these models, please?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Generally yes, it's good to wait if you have any concern your oath post might not be right. However, Sole.Sushi hasn't approved any oaths yet for July, and it's already the 5th; I don't want anyone to lose precious painting time, especially on a long holiday weekend.

I strongly suspect that at this point if Sole.Sushi has an issue with anyone's original Oath photos, he will ask for you to take an additional (better-lit or something) photo, but any paint you have on the mini by now is excused and OK. He's not going to be expecting people to wait around this long. So please go ahead and start painting.

Oh jeez, I'm sorry; I hadn't realized that it wasn't approved yet. I just blacked out yesterday morning and woke with a fully-painted model in front of me! :smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Double-posting because it's TIME FOR PRIZES OH MY GOD

Here are your monthly prize winners!

Dragon Forge Miniatures

Mt. ORourke wins a fabulous prize from Dragon Forge!

Corvus Belli & Infinity the Game

nathonicus wins a blister pack from Corvus Belli!

Detektuv's Grab Bag
OneTrueBru wins a pick from the Detektuv's Grab Bag, donated by various goons!

Springer-Pinsel Kolinsky Sable Brushes

Gomo wins a fabulous prize of Kolinsky Sable brushes from Springer-Pinsel!

The Troll Trader

YF19Pilot wins a fabulous prize from the Troll Trader!

Games 'n' Gears

Under 15, krushgroove, Icon Of Sin, Bionic Psyker, and Lord Hypnostache win fabulous double-ended brushes from Games & Gears!

Ineptmule will be announcing the winner of the bi-monthly Ineptmule's Theme Prize, for people who painted themed groups, shortly.

As always, dice results are linked from the spreadsheet. You can see all the dice I roll for this contest here. Krushgroove would have won a double-ended brush, but he's not eligible for a prize, so I had to reroll once in the games and gears category. You can see how that shows up in the results list.

Prize winners, please contact krushgroove to provide your shipping information, except for nathonicus who should contact me (email my username at gmail dot com, or send me a PM).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 5, 2013

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Pierzak posted:

[b]Because I am a masochist, I, Pierzak, add the following miniatures to my July oath:

- 3 Yaogats (combi, combi/panzerfaust, sniper)
- 1 Treitak Spec-Op
- 1 Rasyat with combi rifle
- 1 Morat Vanguard that will have his combi rifle dremeled CUT AND SWAPPED for a multi sniper rifle
- 1 Morat Vanguard with HMG
- 3 Seed-Soldiers

I love space apes! Looking forward to seeing these painted.

Holy crap, I won a prize! Hooray!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
:siren: Ladies and Gentlegoons! Listen the hell up! It's time to announce the first THEMED GROUP PRIZE!:siren:

Tadhg the dice gods obviously favour painting stupid amounts of miniatures as THIS OATH is the winner of the first theme prize!

A voucher or PayPal to the specified sum in your local currency will be yours! PM me or email n.kirkby at googlemail.com to claim your prize!

Well done to all who painted themed groups! I'm really pleased to see so many entries. There are going to be FIVE more randomly drawn prizes and a final JUDGED prize at the end of the year, so keep painting them groups!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I, Phoon, oath a z'zor dreadball team* comprising of two Z'zor Guards, two Z'zor Strikers and four Z'zor Jacks. These are Mantic minis.

*Technically this isn't a Z'zor team as it has one too few jacks and one too many guards, but I already painted the other jack as a tester.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Where do you put player numbers on the Z'zor? I didn't see an obvious place for them.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah it's an odd oversight. On my tester I just painted the number on his back.

I guess somebody painted it on his back before he went out.

The robot team seems like the more baffling numbering problem.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Leperflesh: Oops, sorry, they're all Privateer Press models.

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
I, KamNZ, Oath to paint 1 x GW Draigo converted to Grand Master Mordrak, 1 x GW Grey Knight Ghost Terminator conversion and 1 x Warlord Sigurd from Reaper.

These are all 28mm.

Was planning to chop and change with the ghost termie but I'm really liking the pose so I can't bring myself to cut him up....

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint...

4 epic scale space marine land raiders, scale is 6mm and the manufacturer is Games Workshop
2 epic scale tyranid zoanthropes*, scale is 6mm and the manufacturer is Games Workshop / Dark Realm Miniatures

* these are for my journal entry, hopefully they count.. I'm using GW plastic rippers with the tops of their heads chopped off and I'm using the heads from some Dark Realms Miniatures 'medium beasties' minis to give them that classic 'oh god look at the size of its head' look.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Fix posted:

I've got an event in like six weeks. These are the last few models I've got to get ready. Afterwards, they're going to be put away and probably left untouched for a year or two, but what are you gonna do?

Dude, that's quite the list there.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Deanut Pancer posted:

I Deanut Pancer, oath this Ork Runt-herd (GW 40k)

I'm planning to do the Jurnal by cutting the left forearm at the elbow, and giving him a Grabbin' Fist to go with his Grabbin' Claw. I shall call him Grabla!

Jurnal: And here is the post-conversion:

The ork arm was cut just above the elbow, the shoulder of the power fist was hollowed out, and the two were joined together

(Reminds me a bit of this guy)

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Phoon posted:

The robot team seems like the more baffling numbering problem.

My Dreadball robot plan involves magnets and numbered discs, to account for that whole transforming thing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is there a Dreadball thread around here? I never read much about people actually playing it.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

There should be, it's a great little game.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there a Dreadball thread around here? I never read much about people actually playing it.

Right here friend. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545830&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

PST posted:

I PST hereby Oath 2 converted Games Workshop, Battlefleet Gothic Cruisers along with 2 Light Cruisers, 3 Frigates and 4 Destroyers which are all custom resin ships from Mangozac (https://www.resinaddict.com)

Leperflesh: Scale as per previous Oath is 0.03 for your chart

Goodness gracious, stop posting 12 megapixel uncompressed images. I dont notice it on my 24" screen at home, but browsing this on my laptop results in useless zooms.

Grab Irfanview and resize them.

Leperflesh posted:

This kinda makes it hard to do speed painting at the start of the month.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Conversion complete:

Now to paint it!

(This qualify for the monthly theme correct?)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 6, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

nathonicus posted:

Dude, that's quite the list there.

Baw, it ain't nothin'. Just gotta do those and base a half dozen more and do touchup on twenty dudes or so and finish a plane and make a display board. It's not like I've got a whole lot of video games to play and Infinity singing it's sweet, sweet siren's call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I almost failed last month by leaving everything to the last minute. If I start earlier, then I should be able to paint more, right?

I, Irving Washington, oath to paint the following Hawk Wargames Dropzone Commander 10mm minis: 4x Condor dropships, 3x Rapier AA tanks, 3x Sabre main battle tanks, 2x Bear APCs, 6x Colonial Legionnaire stands, 1x Kodiak ACV. In addition I'll be trying to do something nice with some sharp tools and 1 Games Workshop Space Marine scout, which is whatever scale GW use for 40k

I'm okay to post before and after conversion pictures in my oath complete post, right? Because I don't know what I'm doing yet

Here's a before:

And an after:

I got him a better gun and a cooler pose (naturally someone with a visor as rad as that doesn't need to see xenos to destroy them). I also used the baking soda + superglue trick rather than green stuff this time.

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 6, 2013

• Locked thread