Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

Am I just completely terrible at this game or is the Mechromancer almost useless in UVHM?
It can be tough, depends what your build is. Deathtrap can still murder people with a good roid shield, explosive clap and upshot robot, and Gaige can survive pretty well with a discord-based anarchy build. Her only downside is the lack of slag options, so you're dependent on using grenades or having a slag gun fill a slot.

The new DLC makes it a lot easier in all honesty thanks to the new seraph weapons. Give Deathtrap an antagonist and he'll slag everything which tries to kill him, or with a florentine you can slag and get all the benefits from a shock build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Kifisonfire posted:

It can be tough, depends what your build is. Deathtrap can still murder people with a good roid shield, explosive clap and upshot robot, and Gaige can survive pretty well with a discord-based anarchy build. Her only downside is the lack of slag options, so you're dependent on using grenades or having a slag gun fill a slot.

The new DLC makes it a lot easier in all honesty thanks to the new seraph weapons. Give Deathtrap an antagonist and he'll slag everything which tries to kill him, or with a florentine you can slag and get all the benefits from a shock build.

I was a using Sharing is Caring combined with Dischord and Rational Anarchist but Deathtrap seemed way more interested in shooting dudes with his terrible laser than actually punching them. Also, I'm pretty sure the Love Thumper actually downs me sometimes when it novas off of Deathtrap.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

I was a using Sharing is Caring combined with Dischord and Rational Anarchist but Deathtrap seemed way more interested in shooting dudes with his terrible laser than actually punching them. Also, I'm pretty sure the Love Thumper actually downs me sometimes when it novas off of Deathtrap.
Deathtrap should only laser flying enemies and bosses. Honestly in those sorts of places, he's just a distraction. Give him a nova shield or spike shield in that case. Against normal mobs he should be fine on his own. I can still run the bar brawl tier 3 with just Deathtrap.

And yeah the Love Thumper will cause friendly fire damage, that's one of it's effects unfortunately. If you have it, the Hide of Terra is PERFECT for Deathtrap. If not I'd either go with an Order or a blue/purple maylay shield.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I am Reverend posted:

Am I just completely terrible at this game or is the Mechromancer almost useless in UVHM?

It takes a lot of work for her, in my experience. Slag is a requirement no matter who you're playing as, and unfortunately for her, she just can't quite access it as seamlessly as a gunzerker or a commando. She was the hardest one for me to get to 61 so far, but once she's there and maybe you have some gear waiting for you, it gets a little better. I still don't quite know what sort of build to go for at 61, but the gear I have is all electric stuff so I'm thinking of being a dedicated shock build for her.

If you're on xbox and want that gear waiting for you, I'd be happy to dupe it all for you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So with the DLC on sale I'm looking to getting back into this game. I'probably going to go ahead and grab the bulk of the discounted DLC (Torque's / Pirate's / Hammerlock's), throw the UVH pack and the Mechromancer then just wait for Tiny Tina's to go on sale. The problem is, I really don't want to go through the game alone since that's boring as gently caress. How's the online for the game? Still alive and kicking or is it somewhere where I just come here and throw my GT for someone to join whenever I'm playing?

And assuming I'll be just dicking around solo half the time, how's the Mechromancer for it? My only playthrough has been with the Commando and the turret was handy as gently caress but I'm wondering if her playstyle if the same "summon robot, wait for cooldown, repeat" or is she capable of standing on her own.

EDIT: gently caress me, this is going to take forever to download.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 5, 2013

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

:torgue: ITS SPELLED TORGUE MOTHERF*****! :torgue:
APOLOGIZE!

Mechromancer is fine and can hold her own but then you get addicted to Anarchy stacks. Losing 400 stacks sucks.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

:torgue: ITS SPELLED TORGUE MOTHERF*****! :torgue:
APOLOGIZE!

Mechromancer is fine and can hold her own but then you get addicted to Anarchy stacks. Losing 400 stacks sucks.
A thing that happens daily: I have full stacks on my Mechro and try to open a chest and loving RELOAD :suicide:.

I think she's fantastic for soloing; I threw a bunch of points into Best Friends Forever and with Anarchy you're really not going to have much trouble running through the game. Just get a gun with a small magazine, fast reload time, and a fast fire rate and go to town. Deathtrap never despawns in the middle of combat, draws attention away from my wild aiming, and recharges my shield. My hit to miss ratio may be sadness, but holy gently caress those hits.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
If you are playing an Anarchy Mechro without getting Dischord you are doing it wrong. Seriously, Dischord is the solution to losing all the stacks to a premature reload.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So, I'm on my second playthrough with my Zer0 character and I'm getting torn to pieces. It's a full sniper build and it seems like that would be better for multiplayer, not single player. Can anyone tell me if a full melee Zer0 is viable in singleplayer?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Melee zero is easily viable but gear dependent. Need a way to heal on melee - Rubi, Law and Order

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

It takes a lot of work for her, in my experience. Slag is a requirement no matter who you're playing as, and unfortunately for her, she just can't quite access it as seamlessly as a gunzerker or a commando. She was the hardest one for me to get to 61 so far, but once she's there and maybe you have some gear waiting for you, it gets a little better. I still don't quite know what sort of build to go for at 61, but the gear I have is all electric stuff so I'm thinking of being a dedicated shock build for her.

If you're on xbox and want that gear waiting for you, I'd be happy to dupe it all for you.

Cool, I was using a shock-heavy build at level 50 and seeing all my Blasters and Plasma Casters become useless around the mid-fifties was pretty sad. gt: Its Reverend

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Am I a bad person for not liking Anarchy, or would I just be better off witching to someone else? I love everything else about Gauge, but I like being able to hit my target more often than not.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Am I a bad person for not liking Anarchy, or would I just be better off witching to someone else? I love everything else about Gauge, but I like being able to hit my target more often than not.

Anarchy isnt really a need, I believe my Mechro has 1 point in it (because i had a spare so why not), You can build a perfectly Viable Gaige without anarchy.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

the thing about anarchy is that you don't need accuracy to do damage. which is why it's such a popular build.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Why would anyone use an Anarchy build without close enough (Or even a point in the nth degree)?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

Why would anyone use an Anarchy build without close enough (Or even a point in the nth degree)?

Because close enough is in the beginners/easy mode tree and I'll have nothing to do with that tree.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Fibby Boy posted:

Because close enough is in the beginners/easy mode tree and I'll have nothing to do with that tree.
Best Friends Forever coupled with Anarchy is way too much fun. You should give it a try.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What do you get out of the Creature Slaughter Dome? Is that worth the $2.50 or whatever it's on sale for right now, or is it something I'd play maybe once and forget about?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
You get a Moxxi rocket launcher that's pretty meh. I suggest getting someone that has it to open the area for you and not wasting your money.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Best Friends Forever coupled with Anarchy is way too much fun. You should give it a try.

The Slow hand with the grip attachment circumvents the accuracy penalty of anarchy just fine. :colbert: Little Big Trouble+Ordered Chaos is the best and I'll have nothing to do with the bff tree.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What level should I be before looking at multiplayer? i Bought this when it was on sale for $10 on Xbox and am at level 9 with Maya.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

What level should I be before looking at multiplayer? i Bought this when it was on sale for $10 on Xbox and am at level 9 with Maya.

You can start up multiplayer anytime. Just try to find someone around your level. Hell I'm sure there's some people in this thread who have a character near that level.

Edit: Which one of you is concrete hades?

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 6, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm beginning a character (just hit level 6) if anyone wants to tag along a mechromancer or just chill

GT: Jacs Noodle Boy.

At what revels should I think about the DLC? I haven't downloaded them all yet but I figure I'll need to jump on them soon enough.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

concretehades is concrete hades, yes/no?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm beginning a character (just hit level 6) if anyone wants to tag along a mechromancer or just chill

GT: Jacs Noodle Boy.

At what revels should I think about the DLC? I haven't downloaded them all yet but I figure I'll need to jump on them soon enough.

Just hit you up with a friend request.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

concretehades is concrete hades, yes/no?

Ah alright. I don't pay much attention to forum names so I wanted to be sure.

As a side note, Salvador players just haven't lived until they've gotten three consecutive money shots with the DPUH while under the drunk effects of the grog nozzle AND getting the amp bonus the entire time from The Bee. It's seriously magical.

Edit: Just figured out the new cap for eridium is 500. Guess how many times I've killed terra for his shield.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 6, 2013

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
I'm just about to start TVHM with Axton and what should a focus my build around: Double-up or Gemini? I mean, slag is cool as hell but two turrets is two drat turrets.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Well I'm pretty bored and just downloaded all the DLC and am looking for someone to play with.

I've got a Zer0 who just got to Sanctuary not too long ago on TVHM who could really use a buddy. TVHM is really kicking my rear end.

I've also got like a level 15ish Axton who just freed Marcus if someone wants to roll like that instead.

I've also got like a level 6 Gunzerker I made just for kicks and then abandoned.

Got a mic too.

Gt. Angular Squid

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Sir Xiphos posted:

I'm just about to start TVHM with Axton and what should a focus my build around: Double-up or Gemini? I mean, slag is cool as hell but two turrets is two drat turrets.

the answer to your question is yes.

real answer: I ran both builds and they were effective. in the end I got them both and I couldn't be happier, but there are some explosive axton builds around that technically kill everything else in terms of dps.

whatever you do, don't waste a point on maglock.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Thank you Its Reverend, Ned Flanders and Speedboat Jones for letting me join in on the dragon fight! First time I've even attempted that boss. Hope you enjoyed my loot vomit and you guys are all pretty funny to listen to as well. THANKS OBAMA! Definitely would love to play with you dudes again for sure. Also would love to get in on some octuple Harold fucktrain action whenever.

Before we all quit out someone said they wanted one of my guns I think but I couldn't really hear you or knew who it was, sorry!

edit: thank you for the Ancient Medallion cheevo whoever dropped it, when I got the quest in my game an enemy hit the quest giver dude and I was raging thinking I had to start the DLC over just for one thing :negative:

The Duke fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 6, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Duke posted:

Thank you Its Reverend, Ned Flanders and Speedboat Jones for letting me join in on the dragon fight! First time I've even attempted that boss. Hope you enjoyed my loot vomit and you guys are all pretty funny to listen to as well. THANKS OBAMA! Definitely would love to play with you dudes again for sure. Also would love to get in on some octuple Harold fucktrain action whenever.

Before we all quit out someone said they wanted one of my guns I think but I couldn't really hear you or knew who it was, sorry!

edit: thank you for the Ancient Medallion cheevo whoever dropped it, when I got the quest in my game an enemy hit the quest giver dude and I was raging thinking I had to start the DLC over just for one thing :negative:

That was pretty hilarious just deciding "Eh, gently caress it. I'll run my rough rider melee Krieg." I was really struggling to find some bloodlust stacks until the end there, so I had like 5 seconds of being a useful dps source with good damage reduction right at the end.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That was me with the clutch Grog Nozzle Norfleet blast at the end there :getin:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

That was pretty hilarious just deciding "Eh, gently caress it. I'll run my rough rider melee Krieg." I was really struggling to find some bloodlust stacks until the end there, so I had like 5 seconds of being a useful dps source with good damage reduction right at the end.

At least you stuck with it. Two attempts with the Mechromancer was enough for me before I decided to switch to easy mode. I dread the day they nerf the Grog Nozzle and I actually have to learn how to play this game.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I didn't get a response to my previous post, so I'll try again.

I've experienced no problems playing this game until I recently downloaded the 1.07 patch. Immediately upon finishing the install I was presented with an 'error during installation' message. Now I can't boot the game. I deleted the game file, which was corrupted,, and re-downloaded and installed. I had to get the patch again, and the same thing happened. This time I downloaded the game installed, and when I was given the option to download the patch I said cancel instead. Now the game boots fine, and I can load my sniper, but now I can't access my mechromancer save because, I'm told, 'This file contains downloadable content that you do not have access to if you buy the content please make sure that the content is properly downloaded and installed'. I honestly have no problem deleting my character saved files, if that will allow me to download the patch and boot normally. But I'm afraid that it won't solve anything, and I'll just be left without my save characters. Has anyone encountered this problem upon installing the new patch? I'm playing on the PlayStation three, and I bought the game through the PlayStation store.

Oh yeah and I also bought the season pass, the uvhm, all the downloadable campaigns except Tinas new one. So I want to use all this stuff I bought. I was thoroughly enjoying torgue's commentary throughout my badassitude romp.

Edit: I'm very sorry this reads poorly, but I'm dictating into my iPhone. :(

Rama of Ra fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 6, 2013

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Since I got screwed out of the Forza Horizon deal, I've got 1000 points to blow.

I was gonna get the UVHM pack (200) and Tina's B&B, or two of the other DLCs with the other 800 or Krieg... I dunno.
Recommendations?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 6, 2013

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I've got a level 50 Axton that can start up Ultimate Vault hunter mode. I've got the bee and some other nice weapons.

Maybe i'll be on later in the weekend after.

I also would like to take down Terramorphous. I can't seem to do it alone, pride rock does not seem to work for me :(

GT Mr Sh1ny Pants

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Ugh. Re-downloaded all my DLC through the PS3 transaction manager. Tried to patch at 1.07 again, corrupted my game again. I immediately went to the PS store, just cause, and that made me patch, too. Worked fine tho. loving hell that makes it seem like it's more to do with the patch data than my console loving up. I'm so frustrated... This is the only console game I enjoy playing. :(

I'm about to just delete everything, patch up with just the game installed, then re-install all the DLC. I spent good money on this game, and I'm really poor. I really want to be able to play, I really have been getting a kick outta this game.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just started playing this game due to the $10 sale. I have my commando at level 24ish if anyone is up for playing. GT: MoistTurtleneck

The matchmaking in this game is quite random. Sometimes I get booted before I even load in, and sometimes I drop into Sanctuary with a player who has infinite keys throwing buttloads of purples on the ground. Yesterday I dropped into a game with these people that were trying to jump over every piece of geometry to try to get to an objective. I asked if maybe we needed to go back to the zoo area to get to the objective and they all proceeded to make fun of me for not having a minecraft head (?!). Yeah, make fun of that instead of the fact that you guys can't read a map :downs: The times that I found a coherent group would usually play out by everyone making a mad dash for the boss, killing it, and then the leader removing everyone from the game so he could get those sweet, sweet greens.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

moist turtleneck posted:

Just started playing this game due to the $10 sale. I have my commando at level 24ish if anyone is up for playing. GT: MoistTurtleneck

The matchmaking in this game is quite random. Sometimes I get booted before I even load in, and sometimes I drop into Sanctuary with a player who has infinite keys throwing buttloads of purples on the ground. Yesterday I dropped into a game with these people that were trying to jump over every piece of geometry to try to get to an objective. I asked if maybe we needed to go back to the zoo area to get to the objective and they all proceeded to make fun of me for not having a minecraft head (?!). Yeah, make fun of that instead of the fact that you guys can't read a map :downs: The times that I found a coherent group would usually play out by everyone making a mad dash for the boss, killing it, and then the leader removing everyone from the game so he could get those sweet, sweet greens.

So what you're telling me is that pubbies are terrible? I refuse to believe that, no siree :colbert:

I need to get back into this game, I want to use my new Krieg and play all the DLC from the season pass that I haven't started but I've had so much worrrrrrrk :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

I've got a level 50 Axton that can start up Ultimate Vault hunter mode. I've got the bee and some other nice weapons.

Maybe i'll be on later in the weekend after.

I also would like to take down Terramorphous. I can't seem to do it alone, pride rock does not seem to work for me :(

GT Mr Sh1ny Pants

Do you still need help with this? I could probably jump in and wreck him for you.

• Locked thread