Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
IFC has been putting a lot into pushing Gethard so I would bet that show is on the fast track. Good for Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I hope so. Tom deserves it and the Gethard Brothers are two of my favorite callers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope Nathan Fielder starts calling in more. I love that dude, but he pretty much just calls in to talk about his show. I hope he doesn't just disappear after promoting himself like Jim Gaffigan does.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

I hope Nathan Fielder starts calling in more. I love that dude, but he pretty much just calls in to talk about his show. I hope he doesn't just disappear after promoting himself like Jim Gaffigan does.

I'd love to hear him in-studio taking calls.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

My friend and I made a record and we got Tom to do a VoiceOver for our YouTube promo. We asked for Orson Wells ca. the frozen peas commercial meltdown and Tom delivered: http://youtu.be/VJKiiP6YsuA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha that is awesome.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Tom yelling at a caller that he's talking over him will never get old

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tom was the guest bailiff on the Judge John Hodgman podcast this week. The case itself was a little meh, but Tom and Hodgman were pretty funny.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Speaking of guesting on podcasts, Gary the Squirrel is this week's guest (along with Andy Kindler) on The Fogelnest Files.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

urk the quack posted:

Speaking of guesting on podcasts, Gary the Squirrel is this week's guest (along with Andy Kindler) on The Fogelnest Files.

1:30 in and there's a Bismack Biyombo reference. It's great already.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm still blown away by Fogelnest being that annoying kid with the MTV show a million years ago. I remember the episode where he got to headbutt Wesley Willis and being so frigging jealous...

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
The Scharpling and Heidecker exchange happening on Twitter is amazing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

The Scharpling and Heidecker exchange happening on Twitter is amazing

:lol: I straight up thought that was real until I saw what it was about.

Edit: I mean, It's not real right :pwn: ? I can't even loving tell with Tom anymore.

Edit2 : Never mind there is no way that power point thing or the Transformers parody is serious. loving amazing troll though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 19, 2013

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Hearing Milo call again with his voice changing was kind of crazy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just chill out and act like you are enjoying a nice cool yerba mate from circle of drinks.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Nathan was my favorite in-studio guest in forever. That whole last hour where the show suddenly turned into Shingle Talk was nuts.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Yeah I thought that was a really good episode. The best part was Tom's 'favorite' caller of all time though, right before Nathan came on. Between him mentioning his job at the laser factory and seemingly not knowing what potatoes were, I was dying.

Method Mango fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 5, 2013

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Method Mango posted:

Yeah I thought that was a really good episode. The best part was Tom's 'favorite' caller of all time though, right before Nathan came on. Between him mentioning his job at the laser factory and seemingly not knowing what potatoes were, I was dying.

What are you? The target? Do they aim the lasers at you??

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Like Nathan, I fear Antony Treymarsh cannot substain his awesomeness, but if it happens, OH MAN.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Anyone remember what show do they talk about Spike's book?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The Weirdos Exposed saga went on for weeks and weeks, but I think the whole thing came to a head in the November 10 2009 show.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Newest Gems is a must listen if you haven't heard it - has many, many great callbacks, then a classic bit where John just lists things that suck for about 20 minutes.

Randomly remembered earlier the call from last year when John described Herman Cain as 'One black cat I wouldn't mind crossing my path' and I couldn't stop laughing.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 14, 2013

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I listened to that one just for the "sucks" part but I'd forgotten that that was also the one where he talks about mini-Skrewdriver.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I started watching the first episode of under the dome and I can't stop chuckling at Nathan Fielder asking Tom if someone farts in the dome.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John is this week's guest on The Fogelnest Files, for people who don't usually check that podcast/Twitter. Well worth a listen: it's mostly just them talking about dumb clips/Philly, which is great anyway, but there's a fair bit about the origins and motivations of Newbridge residents.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So did the RSS feed change, or is there some other reason we're a week out without last week's episode getting released?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

SinetheGuy posted:

So did the RSS feed change, or is there some other reason we're a week out without last week's episode getting released?

Tom was out last week, though normally the replacement shows get uploaded so I dunno. I usually use those weeks as a chance to get caught up on my other shows, anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They only upload them if it's someone filling in for Tom (Hatch/Depravity's Rainbow). If there is no episode it was probably just a DJ playing music in place of the show.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Last week was Hatch/Spoony/Daniel Ralston/Jake Fogelnest though, it definitely wasn't just a DJ. Trying to limit podcast crosspromotion maybe :tinfoil:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh weird. That sucks they didn't upload it, I would have definitely checked it out.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
You can stream it on WFMU's site.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

I loved hearing people mercilessly tease Nathan Rabin after his little book tour was on every podcast.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Hardest I've heard Tom and John (Wurster) laugh in ages during that Wacky Packages bit. That was song also really, really funny.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I listened to part of this week's episode in the car with my wife, and it happened to be during the Frankie Teardrop/ Pigpen audio collage. I highly recommend trying this with someone who has never listened to the show before.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The continued growth of the Frankie Teardrop sound montage is a beauty to behold.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Can you not hear the music when you're calling in or something? The Bad Company thing always works, no one ever realizes what's going on.

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.

Dr.Radical posted:

Can you not hear the music when you're calling in or something? The Bad Company thing always works, no one ever realizes what's going on.

Tom can set the board so that we can hear it but the caller can't. Most of the time it's mixed so that the caller can hear everything.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Someone getting Bad Company-ed has never not made me laugh. Enjoyed Fogelnest this week: I love, love, love the insane 'Franco Teardrop' sound collages. The consecutive stories of Tom seeing Jake in a Scream 3 screening, then of Tom going to see Animal by himself at 10am made me howl with laughter for some reason.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Anyone receive the pledge drive swag yet? HAve they shipped it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Anyone receive the pledge drive swag yet? HAve they shipped it?

Most of my 2013 stuff came a week or two ago and my 2012 Best Show premium came this week.

The 2013 Best Show fun pack was marked as 'back ordered', so I'm not sure when it will show up.