Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Woke up half past 3 am this morning and ended up playing TSW because I had nothing else to kill couple hours with. Ended up doing couple groups with americans and they're so much nicer to group with than the usual prime time euros who always end up being communication disabled mute shitbirds in pugs (or even worse, they open their mouths and start speaking moon). :saddowns:

Gonna have to start going to sleep at 6 pm or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I might just log in for this. I completely missed the Mayans last time, but then again, I had a somehow shittier computer that couldn't deal with loading Kingsmouth, much less dozens of people back-flipping around Mayan zombies.

Also, is it explained why, at any point, we're fighting golems who exist specifically to protect Gaia because the bees aren't cutting it? Sibling envy?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's 4 in the morning and I just want to get into Fusang.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
These things are dying so fast, I've already tried killing three only to arrive/load in just as they kill him. People in anniversary are calling for them to have more health. This is the dumbest loving thing. Wake me up when Tokyo releases.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
The guardians are being summoned by the gatekeeper, whom is one of Gaia's champions, to control the increased frequency of filth events from the current source in Tokyo . The gatekeeper operates on a scorched earth philosophy, destroy everything and let Gaia sort it out later.

The factions come into play because the guardians don't recognize filth from earth. So the factions are on damage control and trying to protect civilization while countering the filth. Plus a ton of big giant golems running around is a PR nightmare, so there is that as well.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 5, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Protagorean posted:

These things are dying so fast, I've already tried killing three only to arrive/load in just as they kill him. People in anniversary are calling for them to have more health. This is the dumbest loving thing. Wake me up when Tokyo releases.
Are you following #anniversity ? The spotters in there usually find the Gatekeeper before he even summons a Golem, so you'd have plenty of time to friend the spotter, meet up on them and then zone in. Make sure you're zoning into the right instance - if they're full you'll get dumped into another instance at the Agartha portal. I'm sure it'll slow down tomorrow on the Solomon Island ones once Transylvania is up.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I think the trans clothing might be fuzzy earmuffs, calling it here first.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
Are the transylvania guardians up yet?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
This event is making me very wealthy purple.

Transylvania guardians are up within 1-3 hours.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013
Greetings from my convention. Has anybody managed Fusang yet? I'm hoping there will still be guardians left for me to nab the achievement when I get home from the weekend. I didn't manage any in Egypt before I had to head out. :(

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Fusang still seems pretty messed up, haven't heard of anyone new getting inside.

Zepho and I are stockpiling some bags to trade to you or something when you get back, for a chance at pets and single-eye accessories. We'll work something out.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Funcom is going to keep the Golem's active until the 15th, but everything else will end on the 8th.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Well I am kind of bummed out about the event, since I am new and QL5-6 it seems like I can't even participate in any of it. At least it was extended, maybe I can get far enough by the 15th to do the golems.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I have had near-zero time to play myself, so hopefully I can get in on some of that as well. I'll be around tonight but not for a good chunk of the weekend.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

JayJay posted:

Well I am kind of bummed out about the event, since I am new and QL5-6 it seems like I can't even participate in any of it. At least it was extended, maybe I can get far enough by the 15th to do the golems.

There are no requirements for this event. People were doing it last night on their QL0 alts.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Toshimo posted:

There are no requirements for this event. People were doing it last night on their QL0 alts.

Really? I tried to kill a golem and couldn't seem to hit it, then I died, and when it died I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement that I participated at all. :( I'll try again later I guess.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

JayJay posted:

Really? I tried to kill a golem and couldn't seem to hit it, then I died, and when it died I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement that I participated at all. :( I'll try again later I guess.

Supposedly there was a bug with not getting rewards for participating, I have been using some QL 0's, and even in the well after dying I would get credit.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Anniversary extended to July 15 -http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=1611361#post1611361

...does this mean an issue 7 delay?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Issue 7 is now set for the 9th according to the announcement on the forums.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Issue #7 is just Trans missions and Flamethrower? c/d

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Issue #7 is just Trans missions and Flamethrower? c/d

Pretty much, and the poor mans custom neck piece with the blue-and-a-half signet. Though I did enjoy the story so far from the missions, better then Freeborn and Cairo.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

midoriyourself posted:

Greetings from my convention. Has anybody managed Fusang yet? I'm hoping there will still be guardians left for me to nab the achievement when I get home from the weekend. I didn't manage any in Egypt before I had to head out. :(
Friendly reminder: claim your Opera Magna!

Man I hope issue 7 doesn't get delayed any more. My sub runs out on the 14th or so.

Edit: someone mentioned trying to get into Fusang on a Dragon character might be easier. Might try that today.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 5, 2013

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Nassir's Twitter account posted:

@BoomBoom_Man: haha thanks friends for keeping my desert free of big giant walking rocks!!! when i come to blow it up, it is already dead... hahaha!!!

@BoomBoom_Man: @HarlemShay haha is okay!! i blow up the dead rock anyway, and make little rocks!!! we should have party to celebrate!!!!!

Suddenly it's all worth it :3:

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 5, 2013

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Is there a guide with locations of each of these golem dudes?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

JayJay posted:

Is there a guide with locations of each of these golem dudes?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=71692

Also join the channel 'anniversity' (yes, that spelling) for alerts, it's pubbie-run but hasn't got too much spam.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You can't name a character Funcompetence. Or have the word "funcom" anywhere in the name or else it's considered invalid.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

You can't name a character Funcompetence. Or have the word "funcom" anywhere in the name or else it's considered invalid.

Try a dash in the middle.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Try a dash in the middle.

Or Phuncompetence

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

GEMorris posted:

Or Phuncompetence
PhünKompetence

I did Hell Raised with some pubbies yesterday and got up to Machine Tyrant fairly quickly, but the Tank and Healer were having some kind of issue which they attributed to Funcompetence (their words) so we gave up.

The Tank was German and was pasting in his combat logs, and that's how I learned yesterday that Anima Well in German is Anima-Strudel.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Reverend Dr posted:

Ran in, saw people swinging at air for a few minutes, a thing the size of a house phased in, couldn't activate skills at all, suddenly died. This is exactly like Karka.

So, it's kind of like a Rikti event in CoX?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zephonith posted:

The Tank was German and was pasting in his combat logs, and that's how I learned yesterday that Anima Well in German is Anima-Strudel.

I would eat the hell out of an Anima Strudel.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Besides all this anniversary stuff has there been any more story/episodic content added since Mystery of Tyler Whatshisname? That's the main part of the game I enjoyed.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Pierson posted:

Besides all this anniversary stuff has there been any more story/episodic content added since Mystery of Tyler Whatshisname? That's the main part of the game I enjoyed.

Last Train to Cairo was added since that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

HughGRect posted:

Last Train to Cairo was added since that.

And the Transylvania DLC's going to come out after the anniversary event's scheduled end.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
There are a loving TON of solo instances and it really makes playing as a two/three-person group a pain in the rear end. It's hoping that your buddies are able to solo the content themselves, and if they're not and you can, it's no fun. Does this trend continue past the Savage Coast, because it's making playing together a royal bitch.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

There are a loving TON of solo instances and it really makes playing as a two/three-person group a pain in the rear end. It's hoping that your buddies are able to solo the content themselves, and if they're not and you can, it's no fun. Does this trend continue past the Savage Coast, because it's making playing together a royal bitch.

Funcom acknowledged this, and has said there will be less, possibly no more, solo combat instances. But what's there, is there to stay.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm looking for the Scorched Desert golem bags and willing to trade for them. I have bags from everywhere else and signets. Make this happen you bitches.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Horsemask + Smile

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Wow, I didn't even do it before now, but this event really is terrible. Like, there aren't even positive elements, it's just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Zephonith posted:

I didn't know that, because I never fight Machine Tyrant. :D

The event is fine! Except for Fusang. No, it is not any easier to get into Fusang on a dragon. It's just broken right now, with maybe 3-6 people from a faction getting in at a time. Apparently. I haven't been able to get in myself. Admittedly I haven't tried very hard, because killing a 15milhp monster (THAT ALSO HEALS ITSELF) with <10 people doesn't sound like a very good time.

• Locked thread