Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arson
Dec 9, 2003

SPF 45 a day keeps the oncologist away.
Just an update for people looking to buy the game. The website is again reopened for registration, but the store is down.

Still can't buy the game :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Someone really needs to offer that guy some proper freaking hosting for his shop :D

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I did post about a 40m long video of us screwing around for those of you jonesing to get a key:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmT4CprAeQ

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Neruz posted:

Someone really needs to offer that guy some proper freaking hosting for his shop :D

Either that or the nerds that are DoSing the site need to stop Getting Mad At Video Games [tm] and just accept that this only looks like Minecraft but that's as far as the similarities go.

To be fair though it is probably because his shop has crappy hosting and can't cope with anything resembling a demand!

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

wylker posted:

I did post about a 40m long video of us screwing around for those of you jonesing to get a key:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmT4CprAeQ

Thanks, but I prefer to keep it as much of a surprise as possible. That's half the fun of a game full of exploration.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Either that or the nerds that are DoSing the site need to stop Getting Mad At Video Games [tm] and just accept that this only looks like Minecraft but that's as far as the similarities go.

To be fair though it is probably because his shop has crappy hosting and can't cope with anything resembling a demand!

The shop and the forums (posting) read as if under maintenance, but registration is still available. He's done this himself. Just can't manage to post anywhere to ask him why.

Arson fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 6, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Apparently there is a cap to the amount of people on a server, because whenever I connect to the servebeer server the map doesn't load and I end up in a world devoid of all life. :(

And this game is less fun singleplayer.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

nutranurse posted:

Apparently there is a cap to the amount of people on a server, because whenever I connect to the servebeer server the map doesn't load and I end up in a world devoid of all life. :(

And this game is less fun singleplayer.

I'm in the same boat.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Who knows. The server even stops counting at 9. Here's what the console looks like on riaa right now:

Serf
May 5, 2011

I gotta say, I wasn't really feeling this game for the first couple of levels. But then I got some gear and found a pretty short dungeon. Managed to clear it out and actually beat the boss on the first try. It was an awesome experience, and taught me a lot about how to play a Ninja, dodge-rolling like crazy for auto-crits. Now the game feels a lot more open, and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Wouldn't mind playing with goons, though. What's the best server to jump on at the moment, and will I need to get on Mumble or something as well?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Serf posted:

Wouldn't mind playing with goons, though. What's the best server to jump on at the moment, and will I need to get on Mumble or something as well?

Yeah, we tend to mumble (there's like several of us in the chatroom now). As for the best server? Check the Private game servers forum, there's a cube world thread there. Current goon-go-to is servebeer, but that's getting full and it may be time to set up a second server. :v:

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Me and my friends found two jungle/ocean biomes last night, that was pretty kickass. Also found a blue slime to tame, and a death god mosquito that dropped a level 100 wind spirit cube :sad:

Its pretty amazing how much time you can spend in this game and not realize it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpDDPHPhmY

Pets in multiplayer seem to de-level when you change gear, to their base level. This doesn't happen in single player.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Apparently when something takes too many platinum coins to adapt, this happens.

I can never adapt again.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 6, 2013

M6thrXeat
Feb 18, 2012

I bet if that puck was a hamburger you'd stop it!
I have a server for any looking to play online.

IP: 71.88.52.111

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I adapted a couple more -billion platinum items and I got this

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
What are you guys using to alter the character files? I'm only seeing DB files in the character save files.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
This was an in game glitch. The cost to adapt goes up exponentially and eventually rolls over.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
When are game devs going to learn that you have to be very, very, careful about exponents?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
The platinum coin scaling is a bit off. It takes way too many coins to adapt anything way too quickly.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Underwater boss fights :getin:

Breaking level 200 :smith:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Amazing Member posted:

What are you guys using to alter the character files? I'm only seeing DB files in the character save files.

I've been using CheatEngine to modify levels/stats etc to test % scaling. There isn't all that much to play around with though, I was just intrigued as to how the 'infinite' leveling system balances out and by the looks of it eventually adding skill points to a skill just straight up stops doing anything, and this is only with a few hundred points in a skill. Also weapons/armour seem to be capped at a power level of 100 which makes leveling beyond 1100 or so pointless.

Ha yeah also the coin system is borked, I straight up never got any platinum coins on my Ninja but just gaining gold (~7000 gold at the moment), and on my Ranger in order to get a power level 1 weapon to 100 it was like 75 million Plat.

Creepy Goat fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 6, 2013

The Mimic
Apr 27, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

Underwater boss fights :getin:

Breaking level 200 :smith:

The most successful away team Cube World has ever known.

Creepy Goat posted:

Ha yeah also the coin system is borked, I straight up never got any platinum coins on my Ninja but just gaining gold (~7000 gold at the moment), and on my Ranger in order to get a power level 1 weapon to 100 it was like 75 million Plat.

I thought you only gained platinum from finishing quests? Even before I managed to get my first silver piece I had seven of them, if I recall. Adapting weapons is definitely weird, though. It's mostly useful to adapt downward (which is absolutely free) and I suppose only feasible if you adapt slightly upward (and I can't imagine why you'd want to.)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Does it matter too much who I play with? My Ninja is level 11 and I'm not sure if I should try jumping in with any old goons when they post servers here or if I'll be weighing them down. I've played this far solo but I'm eager to try multiplayer.

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

For each hour this game is unavailable, my desire to purchase it doubles.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The best (viral) marketing strategy of all time.

oddeye
Jul 24, 2005

Earlier today when I was playing, I joined riaa.servebeer.com and then stepped away for a minute.

When I came back I had the lifeless bug, couldn't interact with anything so I tried to reconnect and had the same issue. So I thought that I'd play some singleplayer and it was happening in SP as well.

Anyone have any suggestions, I do want to play after I'm finished work today!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Velvet Elvis posted:

For each hour this game is unavailable, my desire to purchase it doubles.

It is the opposite for me. Eventually, I will get busy again, and this game will join the list of games that I have yet to purchase for various reasons. The impulse buy window is swiftly closing. Dude should have used more proven methods for distributing the game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

It is the opposite for me. Eventually, I will get busy again, and this game will join the list of games that I have yet to purchase for various reasons. The impulse buy window is swiftly closing. Dude should have used more proven methods for distributing the game.

The site is down due to a DDoS: https://twitter.com/wol_lay/status/353307766124851200

The internet is jam packed with assholes, sadly. It's likely that no amount of planning could avoid an issue like this unfortunately.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Chalks posted:

The site is down due to a DDoS: https://twitter.com/wol_lay/status/353307766124851200

The internet is jam packed with assholes, sadly. It's likely that no amount of planning could avoid an issue like this unfortunately.

He could have sold it through an actual vendor? I can never remember what site it is, but I bought at least three indie early releases from it over the past few years without issue. Towns was one. I think Prison Architect was the other. I feel like its the same site I got the Mount and Blade alpha from way back in the day too. Desura is another option.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is there a way to speed up time to get through night time?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Talking to an innkeeper resets the clock to 7am.

Sleeping in a bed/bedroll also speeds up time slightly.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Oh, okay. I thought I tried that but it must've been a random NPC in the inn.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just found a page on the wiki about time:

Time in Cube World consists of a 24-hour day and night cycle.

Each minute in Cube World is 6 seconds in real time, each hour is 6 minutes and each full 24-hour day and night cycle is 2 hours and 24 minutes in real time.

This can be sped up by sleeping.

Whilst sleeping, time passes 12 times faster than it does compared to being awake.

During sleep, one minute in Cube World is 0.5 real time seconds, an hour is 30 seconds and a 24-hour day and night cycle is 12 real time minutes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ToastyPotato posted:

He could have sold it through an actual vendor? I can never remember what site it is, but I bought at least three indie early releases from it over the past few years without issue. Towns was one. I think Prison Architect was the other. I feel like its the same site I got the Mount and Blade alpha from way back in the day too. Desura is another option.

Yeah, Humble Bundle has built-in distribution, multiple payment options, and a method for distributing Steam keys if and when they become available.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Al! posted:

Yeah, Humble Bundle has built-in distribution, multiple payment options, and a method for distributing Steam keys if and when they become available.

This sounds like it is a very good way to distribute games so obviously it is not an option here.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Registrations were open as of 30 min ago, store is still dead.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

UglyDucklett posted:

I just found a page on the wiki about time:

Time in Cube World consists of a 24-hour day and night cycle.

Each minute in Cube World is 6 seconds in real time, each hour is 6 minutes and each full 24-hour day and night cycle is 2 hours and 24 minutes in real time.

This can be sped up by sleeping.

Whilst sleeping, time passes 12 times faster than it does compared to being awake.

During sleep, one minute in Cube World is 0.5 real time seconds, an hour is 30 seconds and a 24-hour day and night cycle is 12 real time minutes.

If multiple people in multiplayer sleep, does that speed time multiplicativly or exponentially? If 20 people all sleep at once, does that mean time passes at (12^20) times faster, meaning 121 trillion years pass per second?

Probably not. That bug would just be too great. :allears:

E: thanks spellcheck :mad:

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 6, 2013

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

Chalks posted:

Pretty sure that isn't happening anymore since registrations have been reopened. It's the store still being down that's a problem.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Arson posted:

Pretty sure that isn't happening anymore since registrations have been reopened. It's the store still being down that's a problem.

I still get registrations closed message.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evilreaver posted:

If multiple people in multiplayer sleep, does that speed time manipulatively or exponentially? If 20 people all sleep at once, does that mean time passes at (12^20) times faster, meaning 121 trillion years pass per second?

Probably not. That bug would just be too great. :allears:

I was on a server last night and visted a town after dark while a friend was out fighting. When I visited the innkeeper, it was 7 am for me but still pitch black for him. Can anyone confirm or deny that time is client-side? We may have gotten disconnected before or after my town visit, the server kept crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I was able to make an account during the window it was open this morning so now it's just a waiting game for the store to open up... waiting sucks can't wait to play

Monowhatever fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 6, 2013

• Locked thread