Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
That was one hell of a revolt, I was down to -80% at one point.

Now I have 47 Prisoners :stare:

Edit:
Do you guys forgive and forget in these situations?

HenessyHero fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If I had started and played up to the point I am at now in one of my games without Sunset Invasion activated will it trigger in this game once I activate it later?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

HenessyHero posted:

Edit:

First off, strip them of extraneous titles (oh how you'd get two duchies? *revoke*)

Then ransom them off.

If you can't ransom them, release the content ones and those that don't especially hate you.

Give the rest to the All-Father.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I'm coding in alternative 'Voice of' events for norse pagans, as was mentioned upthread a bit. Voice of Odin and of Loki. The question is, what traits should each of them push you towards?

So far, for Odin, I'm thinking it should move you towards brave, wroth, just, kind?, proud, diligent, gregarious.
And for Loki, maybe lustful, envious, deceitful, ambitious, cynical?, cruel, arbitrary.

Any thoughts?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

HenessyHero posted:

Edit:

Depends. Start by stripping as many titles as you can. If you're Norse, start feeding Odin. If you're Byzantine, head over to the intrigue menu and start slamming the castrate button and if you're lucky you might inherit a shitload of titles in a generation or two.

Otherwise just throw them all in the Oubliette and wait for them to die.

If, after you've stripped their title, there's someone who still really likes you(take off the revolt bonus because that'll go away) then let them go.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Strudel Man posted:

I'm coding in alternative 'Voice of' events for norse pagans, as was mentioned upthread a bit. Voice of Odin and of Loki. The question is, what traits should each of them push you towards?

So far, for Odin, I'm thinking it should move you towards brave, wroth, just, kind?, proud, diligent, gregarious.
And for Loki, maybe lustful, envious, deceitful, ambitious, cynical?, cruel, arbitrary.

Any thoughts?

I like it! I'd include the events you can get like "Jesus gives military advice." A prophesy event for Odin that gives you a pile of learning for a while would seem appropriate. For Loki, a fitting event would just get you pregnant (regardless of gender).

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Nolanar posted:

I like it! I'd include the events you can get like "Jesus gives military advice." A prophesy event for Odin that gives you a pile of learning for a while would seem appropriate. For Loki, a fitting event would just get you pregnant (regardless of gender).
Haha. That...could be interesting. Thematically appropriate for Loki, perhaps, but somewhat difficult to justify as something that would be just in the person's head.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Haha. That...could be interesting. Thematically appropriate for Loki, perhaps, but somewhat difficult to justify as something that would be just in the person's head.
Maybe just have it be a special option in the event of your wife birthing a bastard? She has an affair with someone else and gives birth to a kid, and rather than angrily screaming about how she betrayed you, etc., the voice of Loki tells you it's nonetheless yours despite you not doing anything. Someone like that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A special event where you can put out an eye and gain the trait "one-eye" which gives you penalties to martial and sex opinion but bonuses to learning and piety.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Ofaloaf posted:

Maybe just have it be a special option in the event of your wife birthing a bastard? She has an affair with someone else and gives birth to a kid, and rather than angrily screaming about how she betrayed you, etc., the voice of Loki tells you it's nonetheless yours despite you not doing anything. Someone like that.
Mm. Maybe.

Cream_Filling posted:

A special event where you can put out an eye and gain the trait "one-eye" which gives you penalties to martial and sex opinion but bonuses to learning and piety.
That's an interesting idea, but I'm not much for making new graphics, which that would essentially require.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Any thoughts?

Craven for Loki? Not too familiar with Norse mythology though, so this is from the portrayal of him through popular media. Maybe gaining the scholar trait for Odin? Mystic for Loki?

There really should be a Prankster lifestyle trait.

I really like this idea, by the way. I think all religions should have it. For Islam the same Christian ones CAN work but it could be Mahummad and Iblis - with decandence related traits as events for both.. Zoroastrianism could have Zoroaster and Ahriman? With Honest being a pertinent trait for Zoroaster.

Rejected Fate fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 6, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yeah. I'm finding that the time-consuming part is really writing up the flavor text without having it be too repetitive.

I thought about craven for Loki, but from a surface-level overview of the basic myths about him, it doesn't seem like he was particularly unwilling to fight.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Strudel Man posted:

Mm. Maybe.

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not much for making new graphics, which that would essentially require.

Ah right, I forgot that the blinded trait actually has a portrait effect. Dunno, then, maybe a trait like "falconer" except for some tame wolves or ravens or whatever. Or the pre-existing "poet" trait. And I've basically exhausted my limited personal knowledge of Norse mythology there.

For Loki, maybe just grant the "Unpredictable Leader" military trait.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 6, 2013

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

TinTower posted:

Because it's trivial but boring to code, I also did it myself:

Full Kingdom Control Minimod

This simply adds an alternative criteria for kingdom creation, allowing culture-specific kingdoms (like Pomerania, for example) to be created if you completely control it. It does change your checksum, however.

Any bugs or problems, please tell me. :)

This mod seems to have a bug with Norse faith reforming; I reformed the faith but it didn't create the Fylkir title. I ended up having to turn it off and then create it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Take the graphic for blind, cut it in half.

Anyway the whole Loki pregnancy thing could work as being in the character's head if the child has some kind of "Figment of Sven's imagination" trait that makes him incapable of holding any positions and also makes him die when Sven dies(or loses Possessed). I don't know if that could be done, though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dauntasa posted:

Anyway the whole Loki pregnancy thing could work as being in the character's head if the child has some kind of "Figment of Sven's imagination" trait that makes him incapable of holding any positions and also makes him die when Sven dies(or loses Possessed). I don't know if that could be done, though.
:stare:

Yes, well. Or perhaps alternately, if we really wanted Loki pregnancies, they could be limited to women only, with the naturalistic explanation being that the father is actually some random dude taking advantage of the lady's schizophrenic belief that he's Loki.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I'm trying to edit the files to make the Absolute Cognatic succession law able to work for anyone.

Where are the files for the requirements for it?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

GunganRevenge posted:

I'm trying to edit the files to make the Absolute Cognatic succession law able to work for anyone.

decisions/succession_laws.txt.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

My Loki Pregnancy idea was a joke, but I like that people are trying to make it work.

GunganRevenge posted:

It's in decisions/succession_laws.txt. You want to find true_cognatic, rather than just cognatic (which is actually ag-cog).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

Yes, well. Or perhaps alternately, if we really wanted Loki pregnancies, they could be limited to women only, with the naturalistic explanation being that the father is actually some random dude taking advantage of the lady's schizophrenic belief that he's Loki.

Make it so that the possessed guy gets the pregnant icon, then after 9 months have an event where he wakes up from being drunk feeling less bloated but finding a new horse in his stables, which would effectively translate to some more gold for him or more understanding of cavalry.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Dauntasa posted:

Oh gently caress that's amazing. And I'm pretty sure you could totally do that. Maybe even have an event if that child is the sole heir and still a young child he inherits and you get an event to the effect of "your regent, in an effort to secure power over the realm for a time, has arranged to have an orphaned baby smuggled into the castle. [Svensson loses 'imaginary' trait]".

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Imaginary children would be a severe coding headache for amazingly little gain, okay. :mad:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Daeren posted:

I marathoned about 15-20 years of pretty dense gameplay before realizing my screen capture program was loving up and taking pictures of my desktop so I have to redo my bits v:v:v
Just hit F11, the game takes perfectly good screenshots on its own. Now you know!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know if there is a way to give out honorary titles with the console? I accidentally gave the "Designated heir" title to the wrong son.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
My character just abandoned both the catholic faith and his antipope and went on a series of Waldesian holy wars to conquer Ireland and part of England. He then converted back to catholicism and used the piety he had gained from kicking catholic rulers out of their lands to excommunicate catholic vassals and kick them out of their lands.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

grancheater posted:

My character just abandoned both the catholic faith and his antipope and went on a series of Waldesian holy wars to conquer Ireland and part of England. He then converted back to catholicism and used the piety he had gained from kicking catholic rulers out of their lands to excommunicate catholic vassals and kick them out of their lands.

"What do you call this trick?"

"We call it the Aristocrats!"

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

grancheater posted:

God works in mysterious ways.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

grancheater posted:

Playing back-and-forth heresies is a load of gamey bullshit, are you surprised that it's still gamey bullshit after you're done?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Well, this is odd and annoying. The 'has_law' trigger doesn't appear to work quite right from within the 'allow' scope of job titles. Basically, I was trying to make succession laws determine who could hold council positions, with gender requirements essentially being turned off under true cognatic and flipped under the enatic successions. However, the has_law check is returning false and disallowing everyone from the positions, even if the exact same check returns true in a test decision.

Bother.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

HenessyHero posted:

Edit:

Hold the Blot to end all Blots. :getin: The gutters will run red with the blue blood of the nobility! Glory to the Allfather!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I can't find where screenshots save but I was making a norse ruler and using the random face generator in game and it generated me Hitler so I decided to make House Hitler and roleplay it accordingly. Except when I started the game now for some reason my guy has a beard even though he had a perfect hitler face at the char creation screen and it makes me sad. I think I'll still go with it though.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Aztecs have utterly crushed Britain and Ireland and were working over the fractured powers in Spain. During this time frame my liege King of Norway launches a daring raid on Middlesex and captures a shitload of gold leading to a large prestige bump when he returns. When I get the notice for the final Spanish King being sacrificed by the Aztecs I get a call for a blot. First prisoner? The Aztec Emperor.

The Norse Gods are strong.

Bored Pirate
May 21, 2006
I've been goofing around with a cheatfest of a game (I made an immortal character and gave him a boatload of gold). It's pretty interesting, playing plots out over decades like an immortal would probably do, but that's not the point of the post.

One of my character's grandsons, at the age of 18, spontaneously generated the title "the Effeminate". This evidently drove him to become the craziest, most bloodthirsty killer Europe has ever seen.

He's in his mid-50s now and still slaughtering heathens.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
This is what happens when you get sand kicked in your face at the local Blot.

YOU GET HROTHGAR'S TOTAL WORKOUT SYSTEM AND GAIN THE POWER OF THOR.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
Holy poo poo what, how am I meant to successfully besiege a county if its supply limit is 100 men? Is it a bug or something? I'm running the most recent patch and CK2+ and all DLC, the county is Bukhara and the reasons are listed as Desert: +1.00, Highway Robber Band -2.00, Technology in Dihistan (my capital) +10.00%, Controlled Neighboring Holding +25.00%

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Konig posted:

Holy poo poo what, how am I meant to successfully besiege a county if its supply limit is 100 men? Is it a bug or something? I'm running the most recent patch and CK2+ and all DLC, the county is Bukhara and the reasons are listed as Desert: +1.00, Highway Robber Band -2.00, Technology in Dihistan (my capital) +10.00%, Controlled Neighboring Holding +25.00%
The highway robber band is reducing it to 0 base supply, which is then capped at a minimum of 100 men after all other calculations.

Not a bug per se, just...bad balance, I guess. The same thing can happen in vanilla, though in vanilla robber bands are much harder to actually get.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Konig posted:

Bring every single soldier, Assault each holding and hope you have men left afterwards.
Personally, I use retinues for situations like that, because they will replenish. But, feel free to throw your vassals' troops into the grinder instead.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop
I ended up besieging everything around that county, he ended up surrendering around 30% warscore, so that's ok. Zoroastrian aficionados, should I create the Kingdom of Khwarizm, and use that to conquer the remainder, or should I just plug away until I control enough of the Kingdom of Persia? I'm just thinking I should avoid the de jure drift the duchy of Merv would undergo in 50 years, not enough to get Persia 51% controlled.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Question for the history buffs. In CKII, when my neighbor is in a civil war, I use the opportunity to gobble up as much of their land as possible in the chaos. How historically accurate is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

Hold the Blot to end all Blots. :getin: The gutters will run red with the blue blood of the nobility! Glory to the Allfather!

It will only take 100 years to execute that many prisoners through Blots.

• Locked thread