Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GulagDolls posted:

don't; worry cboyardee. I'm a chomp master. I just got true ending of goblet grotto. I'm ready to chomp on anything

That... exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Yes. There are credits and everything. It took me roughly 5000 years to find it.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
GulagDolls is a member of Valve's QC team

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Francois Kofko posted:

GulagDolls is a member of Valve's QC team

not possible because he can actually finish a game

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.

Call Now posted:

not possible because he can actually finish a game

Edgy post.

I had a dream last night whose soundtrack was just theanimebulldog.ogg on repeat. gently caress/thank you, CBoy.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Just popped in to give you a small preview of the incredible leap in 3D graphics detail that we got when we switched over from DX10 to DX11:

DX10:

DX11:

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 16, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wezlar posted:

Do people actually care about balance in single player games?

Absolutely, lets say a hypothetical game has 4 different player characters. One effortlessly slices through everything and the other three take an hour to kill every enemy. Theres no reason not to play as the first guy and it makes the game feel like it has a lot of wasted potential.

This is different from a Roguelike like Sil or Crawl, where certain character types are weaker than others for challenge purposes. Even though a Felid Fighter is way worse than a Minotaur Beserker, theyre all viable and the weaker combinations are weaker intentionally so better players can challenge themselves.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Meme Emulator posted:

Absolutely, lets say a hypothetical game has 4 different player characters. One effortlessly slices through everything and the other three take an hour to kill every enemy. Theres no reason not to play as the first guy and it makes the game feel like it has a lot of wasted potential.

Sure there is. If I like the other characters more than Mr. Superstrong then of course I'll use one of the weaker characters.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Gortarius posted:

Just popped in to give you a small preview of the incredible leap in 3D graphics detail that we got when we switched over from DX10 to DX11:

DX10:

DX11:

Thanks gortarius.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

This is different from a Roguelike like Sil or Crawl, where certain character types are weaker than others for challenge purposes. Even though a Felid Fighter is way worse than a Minotaur Beserker, theyre all viable and the weaker combinations are weaker intentionally so better players can challenge themselves.

Some games having suboptimal choices is good because they allow the player to set the difficulty in a more organic way, Some games are poo poo for having choices because I am literally a truck pump.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Just saw the E3 coverage of Barkley 2. Way better than Xbone. :colbert:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey fellas, check out these gun's:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gortarius posted:

Hey fellas, check out these gun's:

This is awesome. I wanna propose to someone with a nuclear glass gatling gun.

How does this change the appearance of the gun's? Or does it just alter stats?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There is a number of gun's graphics now, both hud and ingame, and depending on how far we are willing to go (infinity), there'll be a lot of different looking gun's. There already is a lot.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, it changes the appearance. All different gun's types display as different sprites in X114JAM9's hands and on the HUD. Additionally, the material they're made of (and potentially the modifying affixes) change the color. He just didn't include pics because there's a lot of debug stuff we don't want you to see.

ps we thought up this system in 2006 before borderlands ever came out, we're not copying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I cannot wait to make the flesh gun.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Chef Boyardee posted:

ps we thought up this system in 2006 before borderlands ever came out, we're not copying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fully confident this game's gun's system will deliver on all points where BL2's was lacking.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Fooley posted:

I'm fully confident this game's gun's system will deliver on all points where BL2's was lacking.

At least it'll be funnier than BL2, then again that's not very hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ryaomon posted:

At least it'll be funnier than BL2, then again that's not very hard.

But will it be able to compete when it comes to anime babes?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lurdiak posted:

We can only hope!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Lurdiak posted:

It's already won.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I think we can expect some quality applebottoms in this game. The Hoopz Barkley SaGa has a proud tradition of delivering a non-judgmental, applebottom-positive vidcon experience.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streaming some animation and pixel art right now for Barkley 2. Also, dadrock as usual.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile to watch.
To chat, theres an IRC channel at chat1.ustream.tv, channel #frankiesmile3999
(theres also a thing on the side of the ustream page to chat, but you need an account to use that)

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 19, 2013

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Speaking of, somebody I know got that for me as a surprise. I wanted to send a picture or do something with a little bit of effort to specifically show my thanks, but didn't really want to photograph myself (even "ironically"). So I... compromised?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I'm trying to play through Barkley Gaiden for the first time and I'm having kind of a bummer of a time because Vinceborg's eye laser keeps crashing the game randomly :(

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

The Machine posted:

I'm trying to play through Barkley Gaiden for the first time and I'm having kind of a bummer of a time because Vinceborg's eye laser keeps crashing the game randomly :(
working as intended.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Goddamnit. Trying to live a canon lifestyle is tough.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress is "Tsundere"?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Machine posted:

I recall this sort of problem happening before, are you playing the PC or Mac version?

I'll see if I can get the ToG overlords to spill their gut's on this matter.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
ToG overlord's have spoken.

It is a problem with the SuperSound gamemaker extension, apparently you'll get rid of the problem if you restart your machine.

This is all the corporate rear end in a top hat's would tell me.

Good luck.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
-

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 15, 2014

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cameron posted:

I can't wait for the next game update I am only excited about this game and that clone of harvest moon on the PC someone is making.

My gaming tastes as so weird.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

Gortarius posted:

I recall this sort of problem happening before, are you playing the PC or Mac version?

I'll see if I can get the ToG overlords to spill their gut's on this matter.

PC, Windows 8.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Cameron posted:

An anime girl suffering from bi-polar disorder.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Machine posted:

PC, Windows 8.

Post from above:

ToG overlord's have spoken.

It is a problem with the SuperSound gamemaker extension, apparently you'll get rid of the problem if you restart your machine.

This is all the corporate rear end in a top hat's would tell me.

Good luck.

If this doesn't work we'll have to dig deeper....

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cameron posted:

If it is voiced by a "Rie Kugimiya" you run for the loving hills.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
CBoyardee, did you get over your case of mono? Because I remember someone said that if someone doesn't get enough rest, it can continue for a year or more.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 8, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BiggerJ posted:

CBoyardee, did you get over your case of mono? Because I remember someone said that if someone doesn't get enough rest, it can continue for a year or more.

Well, since no one from the team is here to talk about it... Chef has been in intensive care for the past 3 months, there is little hope of recovery. Doctors say he might have a terminal case.... of n00bitis.

:kakashi:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Lurdiak posted:

Well, since no one from the team is here to talk about it... Chef has been in intensive care for the past 3 months, there is little hope of recovery. Doctors say he might have a terminal case.... of n00bitis.

:kakashi:

Sadly, he shall forever jam with the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
Yeah, we don't completely understand why that SuperSound.dll problem is happening, but it happens with a lot of Game Maker games, including Hotline Miami and the only solution so far seems to be restarting your computer. Sorry!

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm over the mono now. The biggest problem is that our sleep cycles are perpetually hosed. I'll wake up just as bhroom goes to bed, bort goes to bed 2 hours later and then it's just me working on stuff alone for 8 hours at like 3:00 AM. Then when they get back up, I'm tired and go to bed. But I got up at 7:00 AM today so hopefully my sleep schedule is fixed for the next few weeks. It's why we haven't streamed in a while (+ they're out of town, getting back this week). I think I'm naturally inclined to be up at night.