Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

...Frank from Hellraiser?

Attack on Titan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

All the Attack on Titan Fullmetal Alchemist cosplay is funny to me because it's all done by Asian people and there has rarely been a Japanese show that wen't so far to make sure you know all the characters are 100% white Germanic people (every character is named like the evil scientist in a Captain America comic). It's the opposite of pasty white dudes cosplaying as characters that are definitely supposed to be Asian.

Also applicable.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

How do they make metal breastpieces like that? It would have to be sized perfectly with some inner lining to function or it would be torture.

I read about the guy who made metal armor chestpieces and reluctantly made a boob plate armor for some girl who wanted one but told her she's likely to crack her sternum if she falls on it or gets hit hard enough. It's made the same just shaped weirdly and completely non functional.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bra and sheet metal and a pop rivet gun.

It's pretty easy, and very lightweight.

REAL armor (i.e. steel) is completely different and will cause you all sorts of hell trying to get it looking right. Sheet metal you just hammer down, fold over, sand off the sharp parts, drill a hole, and pop rivet it. The most expensive part of it will either be the bra if you go name brand, or the tin snips to cut the sheet metal.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bra and sheet metal and a pop rivet gun.

It's pretty easy, and very lightweight.

REAL armor (i.e. steel) is completely different and will cause you all sorts of hell trying to get it looking right. Sheet metal you just hammer down, fold over, sand off the sharp parts, drill a hole, and pop rivet it. The most expensive part of it will either be the bra if you go name brand, or the tin snips to cut the sheet metal.

Ya, getting those big rear end tittays is the real expense.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

veedubfreak posted:

Ya, getting those big rear end tittays is the real expense.

I have to remind myself about once a year that it would be stupid to shell out a bunch of money for breast augmentation just to be able to do more costumes. I have no real desire for bigger boobs in my daily life, but golly would they help make some outfits.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

RazorBunny posted:

I have to remind myself about once a year that it would be stupid to shell out a bunch of money for breast augmentation just to be able to do more costumes. I have no real desire for bigger boobs in my daily life, but golly would they help make some outfits.

Victoria's Secret bombshell bra + maybe some socks is what I ended up with, much cheaper.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

ruggala posted:

Closeup of makeup. I apologize for the shirtlessness.

Sand texture on the arms.

http://geekroom.com/events/wizard-world-nyc-2013-cosplayers-of-the-con/#.UdRCY_n6V5Z

Hey, your costume turned up over here as well! God that stuff must have been itchy as hell.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

McPantserton posted:

Victoria's Secret bombshell bra + maybe some socks is what I ended up with, much cheaper.

And definitely less painful.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Afterschool Pee Time

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pentyne posted:

I read about the guy who made metal armor chestpieces and reluctantly made a boob plate armor for some girl who wanted one but told her she's likely to crack her sternum if she falls on it or gets hit hard enough. It's made the same just shaped weirdly and completely non functional.

I don't think you are asking for the article, but here is it, anyway.

http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fantasy-armor-and-lady-bits/

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
'merica

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Iron Fatriot

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Jet Ready Go posted:

Iron Fatriot

Pastriot

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I gotta say, out of all the iron man armors I have seen, that one looks like it'd be the most comfortable to be tackled in.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I actually think I would have liked it if the iron man suits looked a little bulkier like that. In the movie they sometimes felt like there wasn't really enough room inside for Robert Downey also also electronics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

I actually think I would have liked it if the iron man suits looked a little bulkier like that. In the movie they sometimes felt like there wasn't really enough room inside for Robert Downey also also electronics.

Iron Man's operations run in The Cloud.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Is it me or does it look modified from a Gears of War costume?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Did anybody go to Florida Supercon? I went today but unfortunately all I could get was this (low quality) photo of a Dalek suit someone was riding around in.

ruggala
Oct 22, 2005

Coo coo cachoo

McKilligan posted:

http://geekroom.com/events/wizard-world-nyc-2013-cosplayers-of-the-con/#.UdRCY_n6V5Z

Hey, your costume turned up over here as well! God that stuff must have been itchy as hell.

It actually wasn't itchy at all. It did dry and kinda botox-effect my face though.
I got to fight a few Spider-Men and brush past Stan Lee a few times though.

Wizard World Pics: http://imgur.com/a/cb9E8

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

el burbo posted:

Did anybody go to Florida Supercon? I went today but unfortunately all I could get was this (low quality) photo of a Dalek suit someone was riding around in.

Out of curiosity, was that K-9 remote controlled or did it just get dragged along by that string on his chest?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I have NEVER want more than to having a Power Rangers costume lying around my home. Just bought this from Toys R Us for $65...

A review of the "adult collectors toy" can be found here

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jet Ready Go posted:

I have NEVER want more than to having a Power Rangers costume lying around my home. Just bought this from Toys R Us for $65...

A review of the "adult collectors toy" can be found here

I have one, the Power Ranger collector community was all in a tizzy trying to get their hands on one because they launched with a very limited run initially with a proper run several months later. Right now, this is what you want to get:

SDCC 2013 exclusive. Only 1000 made.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SpazmasterX posted:

I have one, the Power Ranger collector community was all in a tizzy trying to get their hands on one because they launched with a very limited run initially with a proper run several months later. Right now, this is what you want to get:

SDCC 2013 exclusive. Only 1000 made.

I stumbled on the Nostalgia Critic review of one of the Power Rangers Movie and I was 11 again. You guys are assholes for making me want something so ridiculous from my youth!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Wow. I think I have my ~15-20-year-old (:negative:) morpher lying around in an attic somewhere. Those things were so great.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

KGBAgent185 posted:

I stumbled on the Nostalgia Critic review of one of the Power Rangers Movie and I was 11 again. You guys are assholes for making me want something so ridiculous from my youth!

If you need more convincing: It's show accurate, comes with a belt clip and all 5 (metal) coins, and if you hold down the button it plays the opening theme from the show. :ssh:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

KGBAgent185 posted:

Here's a review of it only YouTubs

http://youtu.be/96azBEO0K6o?t=4m43s

Jet Ready Go has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Jul 6, 2013

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Damnit I want that so bad.

A fool and his money...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jet Ready Go posted:

Here's a review of it only YouTubs

http://youtu.be/96azBEO0K6o?t=4m43s

...is that Zack Morris doing the review?

It sounds like Zack Morris.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

...is that Zack Morris doing the review?

It sounds like Zack Morris.

I've also been told I sounded like Leonard from Big Bang Theory.

What the hell is up with my voice?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jet Ready Go posted:

I've also been told I sounded like Leonard from Big Bang Theory.

What the hell is up with my voice?

Clearly the solution is to encourage the proper association and invest in acid-washed jeans & a brick phone.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I (badly) cosplayed Jacket from Hotline Miami at OzComicCon Melbourne. Most of my pictures are terrible and of me with other people, so here's just the two I like best:

I felt like I was pretty lucky to find this Helmet cosplayer. He said he honestly didn't expect a Jacket to show up. It's also pretty obvious he put more effort in his costume than me. He's actually got a fake cleaver in his hand, and three plastic knives around somewhere.

This old guy was pretty awesome. He was also helping run a fake weapons shop called 'Armoured Heaven'.

Most of the rest of my time was spent standing still so people could take pictures of me (walking around a con with the mask on is almost impossible), and rapidly pulling the mask on to photobomb behind other cosplayers (the Teletubbies and group of Disney girls were fun to do this with). One mother told me that her very young son had asked what character I was. I just sheepishly told her it was not appropriate for his age.

bewilderment has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Jul 7, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Since 2008 I've been working toward building a replica car club here in Denver. Our first group photo was pretty lame.

We shot our second group photo last weekend.

Colorado Movie Cars members present: Bluesmobile, General Lee, Ecto-Magnum, Starsky and Hutch Torino, Umbrella Corporation Unit, Initial-D AE86, Squad 51, Bearcat (spousal honorary member), American Graffiti 1932 Coupe, Bumblebee, Black Beauty (in-progress), spy-themed Alpine, Herbie the Love Porsche, Highlander Citroen, 2008 KITT, General Lee again, Doc Hudson, and Jurassic Park Jeep.

Absentee CMC vehicles: Batman Vespa, Blue Angels Trans-Am, Bumblebee #2, Cold Warrior Jeep, Death Proof Nova, FLCL Vespa, third General Lee, GI Joe motorcycle, Hazzard County Sheriff, classic Herbie, New Herbie, Initial-D Mazda Rx-7, Jurassic Jeep #29, Jurassic Jeep #18, classic KITT, Magnum PI Ferrari, Pursuit Special, Supernatural Impala, Pizza Planet truck and the Mystery Machine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo dude.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't see a Christine Plymouth Fury or a Back to the Future Delorean. :colbert:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
No Condormobile or Blue Thunder, zero out of ten. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boomerjinks posted:

Supernatural Impala

Did he shove Lego into the vents, or at least stick an Army man into the ashtray?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love that a Cars car is there :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do they Go Fast?

• Locked thread