Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Really all I need is a Sinestro with proper red skin and a half decent getup. Just give me this one NRS, forget MoS Superman for a buck, I'll up the ante to two whole dollars for this one. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm hoping he'll get some love since Hawkgirl got 2 this week and Ares got 1. (I like the new Ares skin better than the originals.)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I second that Ares Classic Love. I just wish his face was a solid black, with two red eyes. No other facial features at all.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Really all I need is a Sinestro with proper red skin and a half decent getup. Just give me this one NRS, forget MoS Superman for a buck, I'll up the ante to two whole dollars for this one. :v:

As a skin this wouldn't be spectacular but it honestly would be better than nothing.

NRS really should release a No Love skin pack for Sinestro, Black Adam and Killer Frost.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Please add Captain Marvel Shazam to the list. I really hate that hood.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I never get tired of getting called "spammer" when zoning people out. I played this Nightwing as GL once, he was just terrible. He's jump over and over and over and I'd just lift him and slam him against the ground over and over. For his first lifebar he only made some indistinct noises over his mic (aside from the doubled audio) but then at around 75% life left he started yelling "No skill!" everytime I grabbed him. While the victory animation was playing he said "Just pressing buttons!", so since I was in a particularly jerkish mood I picked nightwing for the rematch. Beat him pretty well, lost my 1st health bar only, but he was just having ridiculous amounts of rage by the end. Just "No skill! No skill!" over and over and over. Getting people like that mad is half the reason I play fighting games.

Anyways, you wanna play Zombiesrock? Was watching bad movies on netflix with my brother but I'm free now.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

ParanoidInc posted:

Anyways, you wanna play Zombiesrock? Was watching bad movies on netflix with my brother but I'm free now.

Sorry I kept picking Fortress of Solitude. It's a habit. So many people go for that interactible above them it usually give me a free 15-16% combo at the start of the match and then I hit them with it since they aren't near it.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
No problem, it's my favorite looking stage and that initial battle for that first interactible is always fun.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry for the double post, but great games! Demmonaz, you are the luckiest random picker ever. That round where you got Nightwing, Batman, Batman had me cracking up and then you got Superman and Aquaman in a row a little after that, I mean, drat son. Also made me realize how much more work I need to put into my batgirl, I did some time in the training room last night but I didn't land a single combo that whole time. Again, great games.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I don't have this, but my friend does on the WiiU (thanks for the tip about the DLC releasing, by the way), so we hung out last night and played a bunch (after playing a bit of Mortal Kombat on my computer). I do love the game, even though neither of us are particularly great at fighting games, we mostly just mash buttons and do some simple combos (I have a better win record, but mostly because I can get the objects better than he can).

I liked playing Lobo, he was pretty fun, though I couldn't consistently pull off some of his moves. Zod was a lot of fun to play, though neither of us could figure out how to use his trait (the Phantom Zone Beast would just sort of hang out behind the other player). Batgirl seemed really broken. I lost with her once. It seemed super easy to just use 2 over and over again, because the stun lock seemed to keep them in place just long enough to hit them again and stun lock them. Also we both use her super once, but we never able to pull it off again, trying to was pretty ineffectual. I found Scorpion to be a lot of fun to play, but his teleport punch annoyed the gently caress out of my friend.

Also, unrelated to the DLC, did Shazam's back heavy get its ranged shortened? I did a couple fights with him and it seemed a lot harder to pull off scene transitions than the last time I played (about a month ago?).

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ParanoidInc posted:

Sorry for the double post, but great games! Demmonaz, you are the luckiest random picker ever. That round where you got Nightwing, Batman, Batman had me cracking up and then you got Superman and Aquaman in a row a little after that, I mean, drat son. Also made me realize how much more work I need to put into my batgirl, I did some time in the training room last night but I didn't land a single combo that whole time. Again, great games.

Yeah, I was just like "WHY!?" hahaha. I like where my Nightwing is at but I really need to work on my confirms, I should be getting the meter burn db2 off of 1f1 in pole stance really easily, and also 1db2 when I manage to land a raw overhead but I never do, probably a bit because it's online but still. I'm also bad at using his frame traps in escrima. Good games, I have fun, hopefully it's not too bad to play me haha.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry I spilled beer on my router guys. It was fun!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Alright, before I get angry about this, how do you defend against Zod's trait? I block, but it still always grabs me.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Alright, before I get angry about this, how do you defend against Zod's trait? I block, but it still always grabs me.

The trait grab is an overhead so you have to block it standing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ParanoidInc posted:

I never get tired of getting called "spammer" when zoning people out. I played this Nightwing as GL once, he was just terrible. He's jump over and over and over and I'd just lift him and slam him against the ground over and over. For his first lifebar he only made some indistinct noises over his mic (aside from the doubled audio) but then at around 75% life left he started yelling "No skill!" everytime I grabbed him. While the victory animation was playing he said "Just pressing buttons!", so since I was in a particularly jerkish mood I picked nightwing for the rematch. Beat him pretty well, lost my 1st health bar only, but he was just having ridiculous amounts of rage by the end. Just "No skill! No skill!" over and over and over. Getting people like that mad is half the reason I play fighting games.

You'll get called a spammer for anything you do that causes you to win. I've been called a "throw spammer", a "combo spammer", a "spammer who doesn't even do one combo". Someone in the thread posted about being called a "block spammer"

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Someone in the thread posted about being called a "block spammer"

That was me! :D

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Two more days until 360 tournament: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8zgecb4YHg or is it three more days? I.. don't know how to count days right now. It's on Tuesday.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Some more Zod notes:

- Like Raven with her Demon form pillar special, Zod's ground laser has four distances, one of which is unlisted. db2~[b] is closest, then db2, db2~[f], and finally db2~[u] for furthest away, where a direction in brackets means to hold it. db2~[u] does not reach full screen, but the MB version of it will travel to full.

- This part's actually mentioned in the in-game move list, but the ground laser is also both chargeable and dash-cancelable. I've read about combo setups in the corner that end in a string canceled into charged laser and then dash canceled that cause the opponent's wakeup moves to go the wrong way, but I haven't played with that myself yet.

- Zod can't use MB ground laser in corner combos because it travels out of range, which in turn hinders his damage output on a lot of his starters. Some of his starters (b12, 22, maybe others) let him combo into db1, after which he can d12, 1, 112 XX bf3. A few of his starters let him combo into Air db1, which is nice because then you can get three air db1s in the combo. Each db1 has to be a different version of the move (db1, db1~[b], db1~[f]) for the combo to continue. Examples:

f21u2 XX air db1, neutral jump j.2 (aka nj.2) XX db1~[b], nj.2 XX db1~[f], f213 XX bf3
b23, nj.1 XX db1~[f], nj.2 XX db1, nj.2 XX db1~[b], f213 XX bf3
f3, j2 XX you get the idea

In a lot of cases, the order of the versions doesn't matter, but it does in some instances. For example, f21u2 XX db1~[f] was whiffing on Catwoman when I was just messing around with these corner combos.

- Going back to db2, if you have trait out and hit the full screen MB laser, you can still get the full combo off it:

db2~[u]~MB, 4 4 4 db4, dash, db[2], b3, j2 (or j3 if you really want max damage), 3 XX bf2

The dash into db[2] gives the perfect timing for the Phantom Zone thing to finish its business and throw your opponent back toward Zod, into the laser explosion for the pop up. As I mentioned before, the first two trait slashes happen during the MB laser's ground hits, the third at the apex of the opponent's pop up from the MB laser, and then the trait grab asap after that.

In any case, it is definitely worthwhile for Zod players to practice that combo from the trait grab portion at various distances on screen so that you know which distances you should dash forward for or back for or just walk. Do be aware, though, that db[2] is clashable, so if you land trait grab and want to avoid clash, just dash up and b3, b3.

And now a Catwoman note I've been meaning to mention. This might already be known by the Catwoman players here, but I didn't actually know this one until I came back to the game after not playing for a week. I was browsing TYM and found out my one bar combos were suboptimal by around 3%. If you know you intend to spend a bar, what you want to do is:

(combo starter) XX bf1, f2 XX bf2~MB, b3, f3, [f3 OR 1f2, whichever is easier although the latter is clashable]

The key here is that you have to hit the f2 as early as possible after the bf1 so that the opponent is still high up. This causes the first hit of the bf2~MB to whiff, which in turn keeps the damage scaling from getting too harsh.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Injustice Rumor mill is spitting up some odd who the hell knows if it's true but what the gently caress is going on if it is Season Pass 2 news...

TYM posted:

Looks like there has been some new easter eggs hidden within the new patches updates. Apparently this information was found under the 4th column of information which appears to have character select screen information within it.

DCD5BA batman
67D86E cage
E0BCB6 frost
311D17 grundy
62F2FA kang
62D5C2 flash
0350D5 ares
555DF4 hood
329D50 zero

MK vs DCU 2: Gods Among Us

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Note that MK9 had misleading file names and even a sound bite saying Fujin in it, so these are more than likely false monikers being used by NRS to both refer to the actual DLC characters as something else and also to gently caress with the data miners. Of course, the flip side is that the first Season Pass leak from the data mining panned out.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

The Injustice Rumor mill is spitting up some odd who the hell knows if it's true but what the gently caress is going on if it is Season Pass 2 news...

I really do hope that 'Cage' 'Kang' and 'Zero' aren't any references to any Mortal Kombat Character.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've still never played the first MKvsDCU. I've been meaning to but just never have. Is it as good as either MK9 or Injustice? Does it have any really cool special moves? It's probably dirt cheap by now, so I'll pick it up if it's worthwhile.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've still never played the first MKvsDCU. I've been meaning to but just never have. Is it as good as either MK9 or Injustice? Does it have any really cool special moves? It's probably dirt cheap by now, so I'll pick it up if it's worthwhile.

Just watch the finishers on Youtube (most aren't even interesting) and save yourself the pain.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I really do hope that 'Cage' 'Kang' and 'Zero' aren't any references to any Mortal Kombat Character.

Now to be totally fair, watching Johnny Cage fight Batman would be pretty great. I mean you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't wanna see Cage nut punch Batman.

I agree we don't really need more MK characters but I'd make an exception for Johnny Cage or maybe Reiko.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Unbound posted:

Those are clearly references to upcoming DLC characters Lock-up, Thundermind (alias Zou Kang) and Black Zero!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

I would be really surprised if this isn't nothing more that Boon loving with us again. However I'm glad that there's still a 'Hood' on there :flashfap:

For the xbox goons, what is the room with the best players outsides of the goons ones?

Need a bit of practice for the tourney.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Those are clearly references to upcoming DLC characters Lock-up, Thundermind (alias Zou Kang) and Black Zero!

I'll accept this as the only reasonable answer for the questions that have arisen in the wake of this potential data mining leak.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It wasn't that bad if you just go in expecting a stupid fighting game to laugh at and play with guys who don't really care about who wins, but at any higher level it was ludicrously broken. Both Flash and Green Lantern completely destroyed everyone else in the cast and the rage mechanic was just ridiculous. I had fun with it, but it's nowhere near as good or polished as MK9/Injustice and probably not worth the money or time.

Edit: Also, do any other PS3 goons want to try to set up a tournament sometime? I'd love to watch some of you fighting-game gods go at it.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
How lame am I that when I saw "Kang" my first thought was "But Kang the Conqueror is a Marvel villain?"

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Unbound posted:

gently caress you, Johnny Cage would be awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arikado posted:

gently caress you, Johnny Cage would be awesome.

:flashfap:: "Catch me if you can!"

:cool:: "I make this look easy!"

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ParanoidInc posted:

Edit: Also, do any other PS3 goons want to try to set up a tournament sometime? I'd love to watch some of you fighting-game gods go at it.

I'd be happy to sign up if there's a tourney going on. Unfortunately, it seems like all the PS3 goons moved on to better things and now the 360 crew has taken over the thread. :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Krad posted:

I'd be happy to sign up if there's a tourney going on. Unfortunately, it seems like all the PS3 goons moved on to better things and now the 360 crew has taken over the thread. :(

I still play on PS3. I don't know if I'd really be interested in a tournament, though.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Krad posted:

I'm certainly down for a tournament, but my schedule isn't the best for such things. If someone is willing to set it up, I'll sign up if I can.

Also, any PS3 goons want to take on a mediocre Batman? Been playing all day, and I'd like to play some goons before calling it a night. PSN is Shinji2015.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sorry I had to go shinji, fun games!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I still play on PS3. I don't know if I'd really be interested in a tournament, though.

Because you'd win it hands down :colbert:

There's ps3 people around, nunsexmonkrock, ParanoidInc and I have been playing a bunch the last few days.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I could probably join in a PS3 tourney, but I'm leaving for EVO on thursday. I have capabilities to record too, if people would be down for that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

WarEternal posted:

Because you'd win it hands down :colbert:

There's ps3 people around, nunsexmonkrock, ParanoidInc and I have been playing a bunch the last few days.

Probably not, to be honest. I'm really not that great in matches, especially when it comes to facing people I've never fought before, and especially when it comes to potential input latency. A lot of the reason I do a lot of training mode stuff and note taking is to help offset that fact.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Reminder this same studio put statistics in their previous games specifically to gently caress with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spaceman Bill posted:

Reminder this same studio put statistics in their previous games specifically to gently caress with people

Yes but then Batgirl, Scorpion and General Zod actually appeared in THIS game.

• Locked thread