Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

So the Blockade is currently glitched right? The "major damage resistance" doesn't seem so major to me.

It's a poo poo shield. Don't bother with it. You only get about 38% damage resistance without the bonus that makes Anshin actually good.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Blockade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Dr.Smasher posted:

Kill the fire or healing one first. The floor being on fire everywhere just goddamn sucks.

I finally got to defeat them in UVHM with JackofArcades, twice! So JackofArcades, thanks for letting me join you and getting my sweet UVHM vengeance on them.

DPUH + Grognozzle is too easy, especially with that grognozzle glitch that lets you shoot off like 6 DPUH shots at once. Especially if that shot is a money shot. Especially if you keep getting inconceivable shots out of it.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

It's a poo poo shield. Don't bother with it. You only get about 38% damage resistance without the bonus that makes Anshin actually good.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Blockade
I figured. I like that they gave the raid boss one of the worst shields in the game and left the actual good shield from the new DLC in the vendor.

Antagonist is real fun you guys.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

I figured. I like that they gave the raid boss one of the worst shields in the game and left the actual good shield from the new DLC in the vendor.

Antagonist is real fun you guys.

Yeah it's funny. The much superior Antagonist is right there in the vendor while the raid boss drops something almost insulting.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Welp. Sorry Marogareh and DrSmasher. Seems there is something up with my connection. Going to try to restart my modem and all that fun stuff.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

Welp. Sorry Marogareh and DrSmasher. Seems there is something up with my connection. Going to try to restart my modem and all that fun stuff.

I'm not sure if it was you, I was having troubles joining games after that. I tried some pubbie games and didn't have much luck. The one that I did manage to get into was fighting Terramorphous and dying repeatedly.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Anyone have some legendary level 61 gear they can dupe for my roommate and I? Looking for an awesome Bee shield, DP Unkempt Harold, Noorfleet, Slagga, Unending Infinity w/explosive or slag (if they exist).

All kinds of good poo poo, basically.

GT; DominusDeus and AceOverdose

We're on now.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Xbox shift code: KB5TB-RJZBJ-9J6SX-W633J-RSCJT

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

DominusDeus posted:

Unending Infinity w/explosive or slag (if they exist).

they don't.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

DominusDeus posted:

Anyone have some legendary level 61 gear they can dupe for my roommate and I? Looking for an awesome Bee shield, DP Unkempt Harold, Noorfleet, Slagga, Unending Infinity w/explosive or slag (if they exist).

We're on now.

Oh shoot man, if I knew that I would have dropped a bunch of stuff on you guys last night. Hit me up next time and I will get the good stuff for ya.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I am Reverend posted:

Thanks Kr0jar for helping VivaNedFlanders and me finally beat that goddamn Magic Slaughter. I'm glad I was actually able to help and didn't just immediately fall into a spike pit like I did every other time I tried it. And Skater H8er dropping a pile of style for everyone was pretty badass.

I still giggle a bit when I think about how I was the only one left, had almost gotten to the end, and a loving knockback perfectly landed me in a spike pit.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Can anyone give me a hand on Hyperion Slaughter Round 5? Everytime I get near the end on my own I get hit into the lava. Im only level 35 :(

GT : TaffMaster

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Taff posted:

Can anyone give me a hand on Hyperion Slaughter Round 5? Everytime I get near the end on my own I get hit into the lava. Im only level 35 :(

I'll be on in a few hours if you still need help just shoot me a msg my gt is skater h8er

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

DominusDeus posted:

We're on now.

I have a lvl 61 slag infinity I'll send u a message next time I'm on

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Back on my (13) Mechromancer. Just reached the Dam in case anyone wants to jump in and do early leveling or just drop me nice poo poo I can't use! I tried just opening my game to the public yesterday and ended with 3 idiots that each went their separate way and just started randomly shooting poo poo and killing themselves. So yeah, trying to avoid that from now on.

GT: Jacs Noodle Boy.

Also is there a particular level I should have in mind for going to the DLCs? I finally finished downloading them overnight and I'd like to play them sooner than later.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also is there a particular level I should have in mind for going to the DLCs? I finally finished downloading them overnight and I'd like to play them sooner than later.

Finish your first playthrough of the game. They're designed to be played in normal mode right after that.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Finish your first playthrough of the game. They're designed to be played in normal mode right after that.

Yeah, all the DLCs have a minimum level of 30 (you should be 28-32 by the end of the story), and scale all the way up to the upper cap of that difficulty (I think about 36 on Normal, 50 on True, 61 on Ultimate). They're all set post-plot, too.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Skater h8er posted:

I have a lvl 61 slag infinity I'll send u a message next time I'm on

hahahah really? If it's not a black gun, I'll dupe anything else in the game for it.

cuz they don't drop, you can't make them without generating errors, and in 6 months of playing across 6 characters @ 61 I've never even heard of it.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

delpheye posted:

hahahah really? If it's not a black gun, I'll dupe anything else in the game for it.

cuz they don't drop, you can't make them without generating errors, and in 6 months of playing across 6 characters @ 61 I've never even heard of it.

Your right lol thought I had one but it's just electric sorry bout mixin them up

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, all the DLCs have a minimum level of 30 (you should be 28-32 by the end of the story), and scale all the way up to the upper cap of that difficulty (I think about 36 on Normal, 50 on True, 61 on Ultimate). They're all set post-plot, too.

You can do Torgue's at 15 :shobon:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just to reiterate I've got a 27 gun zeroed looking for players

Plz add j0hn mccaLn

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Taff posted:

I beat this on my own in the end, but now Im having trouble with Hyperius the Invincible. Get him to half health then I run out of ammo on my best guns and have to switch to something I never use

Any help?

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine
I'm online right now trying to finish up TVHM with my level 48 commando. I just got to Sawtooth Cauldron. Anyone available to come in and help me blow through it? If you're overleveled that's cool, I just want to get through this part. Not doing sidequests, just trying to beat the story again so I can go back and do the sidequests once they have leveled up with me. Also would like to try killing some of the raid bosses, I've never even seen Terramorhpus much less the other ones. Gamertag is Drangiz . Hit me up or shoot me a message, I also have a mic.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Vile posted:

Just to reiterate I've got a 27 gun zeroed looking for players

Plz add j0hn mccaLn
I remember that name from MW2 way loving back. I've added you, feel free to invite me whenever you're playing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my God dying and losing Anarchy is the worst.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
Just started playing this with friends thanks to the $10 sale.

Every time we return to Sanctuary we dump all of our $ into the slot machines in hopes of rare guns and Eridium, are we doing it wrong? Is there a better use for money later on (currently level 17)?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

OneStopShop posted:

Every time we return to Sanctuary we dump all of our $ into the slot machines in hopes of rare guns and Eridium, are we doing it wrong? Is there a better use for money later on (currently level 17)?
It's a good idea for eridium early on, since you can farm a lot of it. For guns though, it sucks. You get nothing pretty much. You're probably better off using golden keys for some rare good gear early on.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

OneStopShop posted:

Now I don't go stat watching as intently as many others here but as far as I know after the very early stages of the game money is pretty much only used for buying ammo.
(Money) bought guns and equipment is awful.

Also while you're here (and I have no idea how far you are yet), don't waste your time even looking at white rarity anything unless you have no other choice,

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

OneStopShop posted:

If you are on xbox, that shift code I posted earlier is for a Conference Call, one of the best shotguns in the game.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

If you are on xbox, that shift code I posted earlier is for a Conference Call, one of the best shotguns in the game.

Already dead. drat.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I am Reverend posted:

Thanks Kr0jar for helping VivaNedFlanders and me finally beat that goddamn Magic Slaughter. I'm glad I was actually able to help and didn't just immediately fall into a spike pit like I did every other time I tried it. And Skater H8er dropping a pile of style for everyone was pretty badass.

Haha, Slog didn't even drop an Ogre either :( Fifth time I've completed the Badass round and nothing.

Hope you guys weren't too annoyed that I proceeded to solo Pete for like 20 minutes after everyone died instantly. Dual shock Infinities was all I had and it took forever, only got a Hoplite and like 3 crystals out of it too.

edit: and thanks SK8ER for the Boatmurderer head, it looks awesome with my tuxedo shirt.

Anybody have the Dragon Keep heads they'd be willing to dupe?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The Duke posted:

Haha, Slog didn't even drop an Ogre either :( Fifth time I've completed the Badass round and nothing.

Hope you guys weren't too annoyed that I proceeded to solo Pete for like 20 minutes after everyone died instantly. Dual shock Infinities was all I had and it took forever, only got a Hoplite and like 3 crystals out of it too.

edit: and thanks SK8ER for the Boatmurderer head, it looks awesome with my tuxedo shirt.

Anybody have the Dragon Keep heads they'd be willing to dupe?
No heads but I've got an Ogre if you want one duped. What's your GT?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'd love 2 Ogres so I could compare them to 2 DPUH Gunzerking if it isn't too much trouble. GT is kr0jar

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Decided to play through the Tiny Tina DLC in order to catch-up on my backlog after not playing for a few months. What gets dropped in the final boss fight when I was planning to go to Ultimate Valut Hunter mode tomorrow?

A Conference Call :v:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kifisonfire posted:

I remember that name from MW2 way loving back. I've added you, feel free to invite me whenever you're playing.

added a few people!!! i think you are one of them!!!

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Zikan posted:

Decided to play through the Tiny Tina DLC in order to catch-up on my backlog after not playing for a few months. What gets dropped in the final boss fight when I was planning to go to Ultimate Valut Hunter mode tomorrow?

A Conference Call :v:

The boss dropped a Volcano for me

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Is there any point to money late game?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Relin posted:

Is there any point to money late game?

I don't think so, apart from buying ammo, having a large number on your screen, and sitting around using the slot machines to get Eridium and be annoyed that you always get two vault symbols and a bandit head.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Speedboat Jones posted:

Already dead. drat.

I don't understand Shift codes. I get what they do, but since they're posted on Twitter and Facebook, how do they last past 0.000056 of a second before being used up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand Shift codes. I get what they do, but since they're posted on Twitter and Facebook, how do they last past 0.000056 of a second before being used up?
Some of them have short timers on, especially for specific gear apparently.

• Locked thread