Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Naky posted:

Loose files will always override. Else all mods that tweak anything stock wouldn't work. You know, cuz the stock files are packed in bsas too. Ssssshhh no worries I don't think any less of you. :P

Oh sure, just use logic and facts and stuff like that. I SEE H---yeah, thanks, I'm dumb. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's from that huge Armor Collection that sticks all these video game outfits in some cabinets behind the store in Goodsprings - goon made?
Got a link to this?

Also is there any Fellout-like mod that removes the brownish filter but doesn't make the nights quite as dark? Or can you adjust them somehow? I don't mind slightly darker nights, it's just that even the ones in Fellout are a bit too dark for me. It makes playing the game in a lit room a pain in the rear end with my laptop screen.

I'm not too fond on the clouds in the Western Sky mod, and Nevada Skies' nights are even darker than the Fellout ones from what I remember.

Snoop Radley fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 4, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Snoop Radley posted:

Got a link to this?
Look for PoliceAutomaton's Armor Compilation in the OP.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Released an L96:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50805//

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Nevets posted:

You can get it working, but it's a pain. The way I've done it is using FOMM to install the menu affecting mods, then use FOMM to install UHUD. Copy the newly created menus folder from the actual Fallout directory into MO's overwrite folder. Then go back into FOMM and deactivate/remove UHUD and all the other mods. It's a pain in the rear end so it's best to grab all your hud mods and just do it once.

Thanks man, this worked perfectly.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Sorry to report that the main website I was hosting my mods on was hacked, and until we can rollback the server and get things working again, my mods aren't available for download from there. However, they are still up on the Nexus. You may wish to change the OP to reflect this. If need be, you are all free to rehost them wherever you want - you don't need to worry about getting my permission or whatever.

Other than that, I hope you've all been doing well. I saw the bug reported with the Damage Resistance module a few pages back - right now I'm too busy with game design/development stuff to commit to patch it out, but I'll get around to it as soon as I can. Thanks for spotting it and putting out a patch yourself, by the way.

Edit: Turns out it took far less time to rollback the server than I anticipated. Color me pleasantly surprised. If you haven't changed it already, kindly disregard this. My apologies - I seriously thought we were in for much worse.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 5, 2013

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Noticed the op hasn't been updated in months; any good new quests been created in that time or is anyone working on anything cool? I just reinstalled New Vegas and wanna do some new stuff. I loved Bounty Hunter 1 and I can't wait to try out 2 and all these other awesome looking things.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Skunkrocker posted:

Noticed the op hasn't been updated in months; any good new quests been created in that time or is anyone working on anything cool? I just reinstalled New Vegas and wanna do some new stuff. I loved Bounty Hunter 1 and I can't wait to try out 2 and all these other awesome looking things.

I think one of the bigger quest mods that has come out since the last time I updated the OP is Project Brazil. The mod is really ambitious (and still a WIP, with several future "chapters" planned) but, like any giant fan-made quest mod, there seems to be a mixed reaction from goons, similar to "Beyond Boulder Dome".

I want to say there's another big quest mod that has come out in the last few months, but damned if I can remember it...

Cirosan posted:

Sorry to report that the main website I was hosting my mods on was hacked, and until we can rollback the server and get things working again, my mods aren't available for download from there. However, they are still up on the Nexus. You may wish to change the OP to reflect this. If need be, you are all free to rehost them wherever you want - you don't need to worry about getting my permission or whatever.

Other than that, I hope you've all been doing well. I saw the bug reported with the Damage Resistance module a few pages back - right now I'm too busy with game design/development stuff to commit to patch it out, but I'll get around to it as soon as I can. Thanks for spotting it and putting out a patch yourself, by the way.

Edit: Turns out it took far less time to rollback the server than I anticipated. Color me pleasantly surprised. If you haven't changed it already, kindly disregard this. My apologies - I seriously thought we were in for much worse.

Glad everything was resolved with your site. :cheers:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I just finished up The Inheritance. Short, but fun. And the voice acting, save one character who I thought was super corny, was nicely done.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snoop Radley posted:

Got a link to this?

Also is there any Fellout-like mod that removes the brownish filter but doesn't make the nights quite as dark? Or can you adjust them somehow? I don't mind slightly darker nights, it's just that even the ones in Fellout are a bit too dark for me. It makes playing the game in a lit room a pain in the rear end with my laptop screen.

I'm not too fond on the clouds in the Western Sky mod, and Nevada Skies' nights are even darker than the Fellout ones from what I remember.

I like the Imaginator from the OP: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39619
It puts a little control device in your inventory that you can use to adjust overall tints, DOF blur, brightness/contrast, etc.
Just add a few points of blue to get rid of the brown filter, doesn't change darkness settings at all.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Cirosan posted:

I'm glad the website issue was resolved quickly, and if you like how I ixed the bug, feel free to merge my fix into the main mod when you have the time.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Is RobCo Certified supposed to be like, super crashy? Despite my generally clunky mod list I've never had crashes this frequent before. Whenever I've got a robot companion active I seem to crash at seemingly random times extremely often despite the robot being "dead" sometimes.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
So I bought FONV as part of that GetGames 2 for $15 pack a little while ago, and I've just gotten started installing mods for it. I have a quick question, if it wasn't already answered in the previous 400+ pages: Does The Armory still require Weapon Animation Replacers?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Simon The Digger posted:

So I bought FONV as part of that GetGames 2 for $15 pack a little while ago, and I've just gotten started installing mods for it. I have a quick question, if it wasn't already answered in the previous 400+ pages: Does The Armory still require Weapon Animation Replacers?

Yes and always will. If that annoys you, you may be disheartened to realize that the upcoming Millenia merged pack will likely also require WAR. It's just easier on us and allows for support for automatic weapons for weapon classes that don't normally support it along with the new handgrip and reload animations.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Naky posted:

Yes and always will. If that annoys you, you may be disheartened to realize that the upcoming Millenia merged pack will likely also require WAR. It's just easier on us and allows for support for automatic weapons for weapon classes that don't normally support it along with the new handgrip and reload animations.

Oh, I wasn't annoyed, I was just genuinely curious since the Armory page didn't say anything about it. I installed WAR just fine and everything works great. I love energy weapons, so any mod that adds more is okay in my book.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I'm getting back to this game for the first time in quite a while, and am using FOMM. I've got FNV4GB NVSE Compatible installed now, and set up the custom launch command to use it. I also have NVSE installed. If I want to launch the game using both of them, do I go to File > Launch Game > Launch Custom Fallout: New Vegas? Will that still activate NVSE as well? Sorry if this is an obvious question.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Cirosan posted:

I'm interested, how was it hacked?

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
If I have AG Supplementary Uniques installed does that mean I have WAR installed?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I want to get back into this game again. Aside from the OP, are there any big lists of (usually) really good mods similar to how Skyrim has GEMS?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rabhadh posted:

If I have AG Supplementary Uniques installed does that mean I have WAR installed?

No. If you haven't installed WAR you need to. Well you don't need to, but you should at least install the third person models. First person breaks energy weapons.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 5, 2013

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I want to get back into this game again. Aside from the OP, are there any big lists of (usually) really good mods similar to how Skyrim has GEMS?

Nah nothing like that, but the OP is more or less the best resource for FNV modding on the internet :colbert:

Naky posted:

Lookin' forward to dis

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
If anyone cares I've released a patch to make CCO and TTW play nicely together over on the TTW forums. Here is the link to it. http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-20-cirosan%E2%80%99s-classic-overhaul-ttw-beta

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

Nah nothing like that, but the OP is more or less the best resource for FNV modding on the internet :colbert:

Lookin' forward to dis

Yeah, we've been delayed waiting for a bunch of poo poo 'cuz people flaked out on us and I finally got tired of waiting and am just gonna do it myself. It's been tough to do it all myself though since I've been so busy with social life, home improvement projects, and being sick with a sinus infection for the past month but I'm gonna just power through it and do it anyhow. I gotta do some voice acting though, so that'll be embarassing with my sinus infection, but FadedReality's gonna be applying some filters to it anyway so I doubt anyone will notice.

In any case, I'm gonna push out a beta soon that has most of what I wanted to accomplish and soothe the people screaming for a pack. I hope. Still no timeline though other than 'When it's done.' :v:

edit: Which reminds me, our team's still looking for a dedicated kind of GECK guy to take over what I've been doing for the team. I know I'm gonna be swinging and missing here but for a long time now I've been wanting to dedicate the time I put into modding for TA and Mill's stuff into making new next-gen artwork myself. All this stuff was also done with FO4 in mind and I've been wanting to do the fun weapons that Mill generally doesn't do. Things like the Armbreaker, or maybe some unique energy weapon guns, or if they're real guns super exotic ones that nobody does because they're unusual. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, make sure you're absolutely serious about wanting to do it and want to learn how. To give you an idea, it takes me about an hour to do the process for every weapon I do for Millenia and that's with the process down by heart. It's a little bit of a commitment, but hell, we're talking about 3 new weapon releases a month, if that.

Naky fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 5, 2013

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Another quick dumb question: I have both DarNified UI and The Weapon Mod Menu installed, but for whatever reason the weapons section of my inventory still uses the base fonts (and is kind of wonky to boot). Is this supposed to happen? And if it's not, how do I fix it?

Fake edit: I just installed AG Supplementary Uniques and it apparently comes with a bunch of weapon animations that replaced the ones from Weapon Animation Replacers, which I had already installed. Should I reinstall WAR?

Simon The Digger fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 6, 2013

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
What would give me a weird leg animation glitch, where the player's right leg starts floating forward and eventually shakes and twists behind me? It stays when I run (forcing me to do a one-legged hop apparently), but not when I crouch down or slouch from being crippled. It transfers between outfits, but goes away when I swap weapons (earlier character only) or strip naked (current character), then starts again when I get dressed. The common mod between the two characters is this holster and this addon for it, so that's the likely culprit, except for switching weapons not fixing the leg bug for my later character.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Quick question for you folks: I'm trying to start a new game with some fresh mods, including FOOK, WMX and EVE.

Whenever I activate FOOK and begin a new game, the Uzi in the Doctors office at the very start always has a giant red ! indicating a missing texture/mesh.

If I deactivate FOOK, it works okay.

So a couple questions: is it worth having FOOK if I have EVE? If its worth having both, what would cause this missing texture?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

I think the general consensus would be more that you should dump EVE. It's know for being pretty buggy and unstable, and despite having nice stuff I'm pretty sure most goons in the thread say it's not worth it at all.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's worth noting that the version of EVE that's integrated into NVEC runs as smooth as butter, with zero crashes. Well, at least no EVE-related crashes.

Those critical hit kills... :catdrugs:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Naky posted:

Yeah, we've been delayed waiting for a bunch of poo poo 'cuz people flaked out on us and I finally got tired of waiting and am just gonna do it myself. It's been tough to do it all myself though since I've been so busy with social life, home improvement projects, and being sick with a sinus infection for the past month but I'm gonna just power through it and do it anyhow. I gotta do some voice acting though, so that'll be embarassing with my sinus infection, but FadedReality's gonna be applying some filters to it anyway so I doubt anyone will notice.

In any case, I'm gonna push out a beta soon that has most of what I wanted to accomplish and soothe the people screaming for a pack. I hope. Still no timeline though other than 'When it's done.' :v:

edit: Which reminds me, our team's still looking for a dedicated kind of GECK guy to take over what I've been doing for the team. I know I'm gonna be swinging and missing here but for a long time now I've been wanting to dedicate the time I put into modding for TA and Mill's stuff into making new next-gen artwork myself. All this stuff was also done with FO4 in mind and I've been wanting to do the fun weapons that Mill generally doesn't do. Things like the Armbreaker, or maybe some unique energy weapon guns, or if they're real guns super exotic ones that nobody does because they're unusual. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, make sure you're absolutely serious about wanting to do it and want to learn how. To give you an idea, it takes me about an hour to do the process for every weapon I do for Millenia and that's with the process down by heart. It's a little bit of a commitment, but hell, we're talking about 3 new weapon releases a month, if that.

Yep would be amazing to get a pair or two of helping hands on the weapon releases for sure.

On that note,

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50837//

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Zeron posted:

I think the general consensus would be more that you should dump EVE. It's know for being pretty buggy and unstable, and despite having nice stuff I'm pretty sure most goons in the thread say it's not worth it at all.

Cross-Section posted:

It's worth noting that the version of EVE that's integrated into NVEC runs as smooth as butter, with zero crashes. Well, at least no EVE-related crashes.

Thanks! I'll take a look at NVEC.

As it turns out I was suffering from a severe case of derp, I forgot to add in the Required files which contained the meshes/textures when I was repackaging it for a clean, mod-ready zip.

Something that annoys me about Skyrim/New Vegas modding is that, even with the nexus mod manager (which is still a godsend) is that every time I want to install a new mod I have to unpack it, make sure everything is cleaned up and any optional/required files that had to be downloaded separately are integrated then pack it up again. I spent hours trying to figure out what was crashing and what was conflicting and it turned out a patch that is supposed to be used when you want to use WMX/EVE/Project Nevada was causing it and I never needed it after all :shrug:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Arenovalis posted:

Yep would be amazing to get a pair or two of helping hands on the weapon releases for sure.

On that note,

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50837//

drat that looks nice. Was it you who mentioned doing a Stechkin a while back, or was that someone else? Cause I've got a new character kicking around and a Stechkin would suit him so well :commissar:

E:

Hobo on Fire posted:

What you want isn't hard to make in the geck. I'll toss something up on the nexus tonight and link it here.

edit: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50790/

I put a door at the base of the sign at the Goodsprings gas station; should be pretty unobtrusive. I copied the interior sections of the Nellis hangars and told the geck to use a tiny, plain white texture on all the surfaces; there's enough of a shape left to tell where the walls actually are. I gave the same treatment to a 2D floor panel to make the walls in the corner, should you not want to just stare at the floor. Put in a couple of navmesh triangles so any companions can still walk around as well.

Putting it up on the Nexus actually took longer than making the file.

It's a new cell, objects are duplicates of existing things in game, so with the possible exception of the entrance door, it shouldn't gently caress anything up.

Missed this, thanks :toot:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 7, 2013

Sunny Dove
Mar 22, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

The standalone EVE plugin was updated as well after the author of NVEC fixed it up. I haven't had any EVE-related crashes running with it for a long time. If you use Jsawyer, you'll need to look at the damage and condition ratings because EVE will overwrite many of them.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Sunny Dove posted:

The standalone EVE plugin was updated as well after the author of NVEC fixed it up. I haven't had any EVE-related crashes running with it for a long time. If you use Jsawyer, you'll need to look at the damage and condition ratings because EVE will overwrite many of them.

Can EVE and WMX be used together? The author goes on and on about how it works so well with WME, but he doesn't say a single word about WMX.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I would skip FOOK well before skipping EVE, personally.

Simon The Digger posted:

Can EVE and WMX be used together? The author goes on and on about how it works so well with WME, but he doesn't say a single word about WMX.

I have EVE/WMX working just fine right now. I use WMX-UE, if that's relevant. There is a WMXUE-EVE compatibility ESP, which I'm using. Everything seems fine.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Psion posted:

I would skip FOOK well before skipping EVE, personally.

I have EVE/WMX working just fine right now. I use WMX-UE, if that's relevant. There is a WMXUE-EVE compatibility ESP, which I'm using. Everything seems fine.

Okay, yeah, I'm a moron, WMX explicitly mentions that it has an EVE compatibility patch.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
I don't suppose anyone's ever gone through the vanilla version of Nevada Skies and systematically upped the night brightness to something above 0, while also changing the lovely looking sandstorm skybox and Camp Searchlight weather to something not bad looking? 'Cause I've actually found a pretty good combo of Imaginator/ENB settings that compliment the default look of New Vegas (it kinda' looks like slightly aged color film from the late 60s/early 70s) and I really like a lot of the different lighting conditions NSkies adds...but those nights are stupid dark, and those two other weather conditions just look terrible. Actually, the sandstorms themselves aren't too bad, but for some reason there's not a separate Hidden Valley sandstorm that doesn't have the skybox with it, so any time you walk into the area the sky suddenly switches from whatever it was to OMG SANDSTORM, and it just looks bad.

I've tried changing stuff myself, but ugh...the GECK is a massive pain in the rear end, and it's really hard to tell if the preview's lighting conditions are accurate.

At least Nights Are Darker did exactly what I wanted. You'd think it wouldn't be all that hard to lower the ambient lighting at night enough to make things noticeably darker, while still keeping it bright enough to actually do poo poo at night.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Can't you just disable sandstorms and turn up the night brightness in the menu?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

habanero walrus posted:

Can't you just disable sandstorms and turn up the night brightness in the menu?

Not in the Vanilla "mostly just weather effects" version.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

So I downloaded Mojave Music Radio Extended and CONELRAD recently. MMRE works just fine, but for some reason CONELRAD doesn't. All the files are where they're supposed to be, but CONELRAD just won't appear on my PipBoy's radio tab. Here's my load order, in case it might actually help:

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
CFWNV.esm=1
Selective Fire.esm=1
The.Armory.esm=1
NV 40k Space Marine Armor.esm=1
WMVM.esm=1
Armor Collection.esm=1
OWB Companion Teleport.esp=0
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp=1
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp=1
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp=0
OWB Valence Extra.esp=1
OWB Valence Mask.esp=0
DarNifiedUINV.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp=1
UHNV.esp=1
UHNV-Dead Money.esp=1
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp=1
UHNV-OWB.esp=1
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp=0
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp=0
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp=0
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
AmmoCraftingSchematics.esp=1
ACS-HonestHearts.esp=1
Energy Conversion Converter.esp=1
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp=1
E-88 Plasma Rifle.esp=1
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp=1
OldWesternEnergyWeapons.esp=1
Karma-Less Petty Crime NV.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded_FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp=1
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp=1
ACS-WMXModernWeapons.esp=1
WMX-DeadMoney.esp=1
WMX-HonestHearts.esp=1
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp=1
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp=1
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
WMX-MW-GRA.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp=1
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp=1
Armor Collection - Armor Cabinet.esp=1
CFW-DLC.esp=1
Lombard Station.esp=1
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp=1
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp=1
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp=1
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
Sink Vending Machine.esp=1
Vending Machine Remix.esp=1
ACS-DeadMoney.esp=1
ACS-LonesomeRoad.esp=1
ACS-GunRunnersArsenal.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp=1
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp=1
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp=1
Classic Quad Barrel Riot Shotgun.esp=1
rca9.esp=1
Jackal.esp=1
Vera.esp=1
Unified Backpack Mod.esp=1
Continue After Games Ending 1.9.3.esp=1
MKC.esp=1
FO3WeaponsRestorationRILForceOverride.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
MojaveExtended100.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp=1
PerkEveryLevel.esp=1
Merged Patch Amazon.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hey Cream-of-Plenty I got some mods I think you might want to drop in the OP.

Glow Sticks because it is amazing. Throwable glowsticks - simple, right? I use Interior Lighting Overhaul and an ENB profile and it can get dark. Stupid dark. So I throw colored glowsticks at the darkness. Works great. Useful for anyone, essential for people like me who stack a million graphics mods on top of each other.

Radar Mod (requires NVSE, MCM probably) - I don't know if this is in Project Nevada by now but having a radar is kinda cheaty but also really, really drat handy. And yes, you can configure it to be a motion tracker just like Aliens.

Clean Pipboy Screen - removes scanlines, makes the Pipboy background pure black. Great improvement to readability. I was skeptical when I first clicked that link - you'll see - but it actually just works as advertised, no bullshit. Spectacular with Readius, but works with any Pipboy.

TFH Rugged Race - Make your character the grizzled badass you always wanted to be. Notable for being a race replacer that isn't weird as hell.

Gunslinger Outfit - while you're busy making a grizzled badass (see above), put some nice clothes on. See also the fix for the gunslinger hat's collision here.

Wasters Scarf lets you hide your ugly face and ugly neck seam problem because Gamebryo. Or at least half of it. I guess you could use a neck seam hiding necklace but those are boring, scarves are awesome.

I still don't know how Sunglasses Shipment isn't basically official DLC at this point.

And for anyone who likes energy weapons but ALSO wants to be a grizzled badass wearing sunglasses and a scarf while using a revolver, the M-2081 pistol is for you.