Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
In case anyone was curious about where the clown mask is, I've found the encounter where you get it from. Linked in case you guys want to find it yourself. I'm assuming the locations are static across games. Note that it's located roughly in the middle of the viewing square and NOT on the far left of the map; its location is kinda bugged and not particularly exact but it's north/north-west of Zom Zom's, which itself is immediately north of the cryo facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Cool it a minute, babe, let me finish playing with my fake gun.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Clearly dead bodies are used in the spiked skull armour recipe that turns you into the bloodsoaked warrior demon-king of the ruins :colbert:

Well, dead human bodies, anyway. Dead dogman bodies are used in the recipe for a rad werewolf fur hat and cloak that keep you warm and make you look like a badass.

Heh.

I wouldn't mind it if you could get some fur and meat from a Dogman. It would give you some kind of reward for killing them, besides just not dying.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Myoclonic Jerk posted:

Heh.

I wouldn't mind it if you could get some fur and meat from a Dogman. It would give you some kind of reward for killing them, besides just not dying.

It would also give Trapping a use aside from catching and butchering squirrels, although to be fair, catching and butchering squirrels is (bizarrely) the single most powerful ability in the game right now.

vvv Hahahahahahahahahahaha that loving rules vvv

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 12, 2013

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So there might need to be some kind of global limit on how many melonheads can arrive as backup within a particular time period:

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Thompsons posted:

In case anyone was curious about where the clown mask is, I've found the encounter where you get it from. Linked in case you guys want to find it yourself. I'm assuming the locations are static across games. Note that it's located roughly in the middle of the viewing square and NOT on the far left of the map; its location is kinda bugged and not particularly exact but it's north/north-west of Zom Zom's, which itself is immediately north of the cryo facility.

How do I find Zom Zom's? I've been wandering north of the cry facility - I found what looks like the cluster of towns on your map, but no sign of Zom Zom's.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
:frogsiren: New Build! :frogsiren:

Beta Only
  • Fixed a memory leak in the inventory screen that would start immediately after picking an item up, and never stop inflating.
  • Fixed several unnecessary function calls that were slowing down performance.
  • Fixed message window text end-turn dimming to be more consistent.
  • Fixed memory leak in message window (game would use more memory for each message, even after message gone).
  • Fixed bug that caused extra battles to be created when tile was occupied by only allies.
  • Fixed null-pointer bug in battle encounters if current hex has no battle anymore.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crashes/stuck combat when leaving combat (esp. with melonheads that called reinforcements).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented traits from being installed in second column of slots (e.g. full load plus eye surgery or augmentations).
  • Fixed a bug that caused Allegan map label to be in wrong place.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hatter not to take security footage when offered.
  • Fixed a typo in Diner Cadillac Burger text.
  • Changed melee surge to produce 1-3 attacks, instead of 1-2. Also stuns and makes target vulnerable, if successful.
  • Changed game to avoid creating unnecessary ground slots for every exposed hex, unless they're needed.
  • Removed some old library dependencies from project to improve performance.

Please note, this update is for the flash build on the website only and not the download version, that will be updated tomorrow.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So there might need to be some kind of global limit on how many melonheads can arrive as backup within a particular time period:

I've never actually stayed to fight one of those little guys because they creep me out. I'm starting to think that was a wise choice.

Xik posted:

Beta Only
  • Fixed a memory leak in the inventory screen that would start immediately after picking an item up, and never stop inflating.
  • Fixed several unnecessary function calls that were slowing down performance.
  • Fixed message window text end-turn dimming to be more consistent.
  • Fixed memory leak in message window (game would use more memory for each message, even after message gone).
  • Fixed bug that caused extra battles to be created when tile was occupied by only allies.
  • Fixed null-pointer bug in battle encounters if current hex has no battle anymore.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crashes/stuck combat when leaving combat (esp. with melonheads that called reinforcements).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented traits from being installed in second column of slots (e.g. full load plus eye surgery or augmentations).
  • Fixed a bug that caused Allegan map label to be in wrong place.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hatter not to take security footage when offered.
  • Fixed a typo in Diner Cadillac Burger text.
  • Changed melee surge to produce 1-3 attacks, instead of 1-2. Also stuns and makes target vulnerable, if successful.
  • Changed game to avoid creating unnecessary ground slots for every exposed hex, unless they're needed.
  • Removed some old library dependencies from project to improve performance.

Please note, this update is for the flash build on the website only and not the download version, that will be updated tomorrow.

Melee surge seems a lot more dangerous now instead of something I just use to speed up combat once I have the person on the ground.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jonny Retro posted:

I've never actually stayed to fight one of those little guys because they creep me out. I'm starting to think that was a wise choice.

They're actually huge wimps. 90% of the time they just run away and if they do stay and fight, they're pretty terrible at it (I think basically all of them have both fragile and feeble?)

Their special ability is that they can summon other Melonheads for help. I think what happened in that screenshot is because it was nighttime, they couldn't find me to attack, so they just kept summoning more and more allies in, who then summoned allies of their own and so on. Even that ridiculous mob of them really isn't that threatening; I was in combat with about 10 of them at once and all they did was either try to flee blindly, summon more help, or get beaten to death by me. I haven't bumped into any Enfield Horrors yet (the other new monster), but judging by the name they sound a bit more dangerous.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Their special ability is that they can summon other Melonheads for help. I think what happened in that screenshot is because it was nighttime, they couldn't find me to attack, so they just kept summoning more and more allies in, who then summoned allies of their own and so on. Even that ridiculous mob of them really isn't that threatening; I was in combat with about 10 of them at once and all they did was either try to flee blindly, summon more help, or get beaten to death by me. I haven't bumped into any Enfield Horrors yet (the other new monster), but judging by the name they sound a bit more dangerous.

Melonheads are neat and thematic, but ultimately kind of pointless. They never seem to have any worthwhile loot and they're pretty much completely worthless in a fight. I do think they'd be extremely cool if they got more aggressive as their group grew, and had a chance to show up with reasonably good weapons when summoned; one Melonhead with a stick is a joke, but if you're fighting seven of them armed with a motley collection of bludgeons and blades, now you're in a scary fight.

Enfield Horrors just run away nonstop, in my experience (which actually sorta makes sense given the urban legend they're based on). They have a special leap move that moves them like 3 spaces away with no chance to trip. I don't think I've ever had one actually attack me, and I did manage to eventually kill one - eventually. They are horrifyingly goddamn resilient and they don't give you anything for killing them, so I'd recommend just threatening them until they run away.

They seem to show up constantly at the far west edge of the map.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 16, 2013

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The build that I last posted about can be downloaded from the site now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So I picked this up two days ago and must say it's pretty good.

Although unless there's a fixed point or something I've missed, it sucks to have your run end right after it begins because you freeze to death to the RNG not spawning any nearby cities.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

If you go back to the cryofacility after leaving it, you can use it as a sheltered campsite. Wear lots of clothes once you have them. If you go straight north you should find some cities before too long.

Find a lighter. If you can't scrounge one, consider murdering a looter in the hopes of finding one on him. Once you've got a lighter, you can get sticks and twigs by going to a forest tile and using the forest in the crafting screen, then make a nice big fire by combining your lighter, a stick, and some twigs on the crafting screen (don't worry, you get the lighter back). This is especially useful when it's getting dark, since it lets you keep crafting or scavenging during the night. If the fire burns down and gets smaller, combine it with a stick to stoke it up again.

You can also combine a stick, a rag, and some twigs to make a good torch. Combine the torch with a lighter, a fire, or a lit torch to light it. If you have a lit torch in your hand, you can see at night and aren't reduced to one move per turn. This is very useful when trying to find shelter or build a fire so you don't freeze.

If you get thirsty, you can combine a fire, a metal pot, and up to three units of water to boil and purify the water so it doesn't make you poo poo yourself to death when you drink it. Carry plastic water bottles around; even if you don't have any purified water to put in them, you can scoop up dirty water when you find it to purify later. Also carry a pot for this purpose.

The lighter is pretty much the #1 most important survival tool in the entire game, honestly.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 17, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Murdering bandits with a cleaver while wearing nothing but a clown mask is a pretty good way to spend your time.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
:frogsiren: New Build :frogsiren:
  • Fixed a bug that caused game misbehaving if multiple creatures spawned then one or more died in battle.
  • Fixed bug that caused ground to be empty after a battle if player entered an occupied hex and killed the occupant.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause errors if game saved after creature died but before end of turn (beta only).

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Anyone know of a good way to keep your hunger satiated? I've tried scavenging a bunch and killing a bunch of squirrels. Still getting too hungry to move no matter what I do. None of the food seems to really do that much.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
You're picking up all the gummybears, crackers and twinkies you come upon? those seem to be my main source of nourishment. Once you make it to the DMC make sure to buy all the food from the junk market and have a fancy meal at the red gnome (don't forget to tip!).

I also try to kill most raiders and bandits that cross my path and check their jeans and shopping bags for extra twinkies.

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

Johnnyonoes posted:

Anyone know of a good way to keep your hunger satiated? I've tried scavenging a bunch and killing a bunch of squirrels. Still getting too hungry to move no matter what I do. None of the food seems to really do that much.

Do you have the fast metabolism handicap or something? Food has rarely been my number one problem.

Make sure you're cooking the squirrels first. Also, check your Conditions. If you're eating uncooked squirrels and drinking unpurified water, you might have diarrhea or be vomiting your food back up. That would cancel out any benefits from eating right quick.

Also, none of the foods seem to move the hunger bar very much on their own - soup is probably the heartiest meal. For everything else, you have to eat frequently or in bulk.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Okay, that must be it. I always drink water straight, crafting each boiled water takes too long. I never seem to get sick from it. Must be something in the background that doesn't come up.

Myoclonic Jerk
Nov 10, 2008

If boiling water is taking too long - did you know that, using a pot, you can boil up to three waters at once in a single action? That would make it a lot faster.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Myoclonic Jerk posted:

If boiling water is taking too long - did you know that, using a pot, you can boil up to three waters at once in a single action? That would make it a lot faster.

Really? How the hell did I not know this? I just always boiled my water in an empty soup can because it takes up less inventory space.

Dan will be on holiday until the end of the month so there will be no new build updates to post until June probably. For now though, he has put up a "test" build. Grab it just underneath where you normally download the new builds from.

Here is what it includes:
  • New Crafting System - The crafting system now uses item properties to determine crafting recipes, instead of specific item names. This means that many items now work as substitutes for other items. For instance, one can use t-shirts to kindle a fire, or rifle straps to make a splint, instead of just rags and a stick. Also, the crafting yield box now shows multiple output options, which you can choose from before confirming your crafting process.
  • Item Identification - Items requiring specialized knowledge now become automatically identified when the player has the right skills. This includes things like berries and mushrooms with botany, prescription drug names and medic, and bullets/guns with ranged. Some recipes are still required to identify items, such as boiling water.
  • Mouse-Scrolling on Map - It is now possible to scroll the map by clicking and holding the right mouse button, and dragging the direction you want to scroll.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, can anyone just give me a map for some of the encounters? Half of the fun is finding things in the game, I know, but I've been looking for the isotope encounter Dan mentions in his latest blog message and can't find it anywhere. Any advice? At all?

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

I finally made it to the city for the first time, and like an idiot I accidentally clicked too fast through the junk market screen. I have some stuff to sell, but I skipped through how to actually do it :ohdear:

How do I actually sell stuff?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Drop it to the ground

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone is following this thread but still doesn't have this game, there is a competition over on GOG, just post in that thread with your Desura account and go in to win a copy of NEO.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

This one is a biggie, the following are changes made to both the demo and beta builds:
  • Added multiple pages to crafting output, so player can choose intended outcome.
  • Added random skill/trait button on skill select page.
  • Added ability to scroll map using right-click (rubber-band-style).
  • Added ability to auto-identify items with appropriate skills/conditions (instead of crafting).
  • Added highlight to items on crafting page that are currently equipped/contain items.
  • Added ability to destroy ingredients on certain recipes.
  • Added ability to transfer ingredients' components to crafted output, rather than ingredients.
  • Added code to change label of crafting yield to reflect the item(s) being crafted if "Confirm" is pressed.
  • Added ability for encounters to support item and/or ingredients as input.
  • Added code to reduce durability of crafted output based on consumed input items.
  • Added code to degrade components within objects, so they degrade concurrently with parent.
  • Fixed a bug that caused meat to be a valid ingredient for rough splints.
  • Fixed a bug that caused newspaper to be unusable in recipes (Item.clone ignored properties).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented roasting meat on a stick.
  • Fixed recipe to stoke small fire into medium fire.
  • Fixed torch recipes to degrade into just handle.
  • Fixed item degrading so that it adds new conditions before removing old ones, to avoid campfire degrading blindness.
  • Fixed bug that prevented space from working as hotkey in crafting.
  • Fixed a bug that caused encounters to remove too few items when in stacks.
  • Fixed several stacking bugs caused by StackItem. Dropping parts onto stack in can in jeans pocket, arranging part stacks on ground, etc.
  • Fixed bug in quick recipes that caused some ingredients to be missing.
  • Fixed bug in recipes that allowed non-solid objects to be used as small/medium flexible ingredients.
  • Fixed a bug in the treasure generation code which produced extra loot.
  • Changed crafting system to use item properties as ingredients, instead of specific item names.
  • Changed crafting to deduct turns based on recipe, instead of always 1.0 turns.
  • Changed prescription pills to require medic skill for ID, and use real generic drug names.
  • Changed items to have lower monetary value when unidentified.
  • Changed unlit torch recipes to require unlit kindling, not just kindling.
  • Changed sleeping pill contents to be unidentified.
  • Changed squirrel pelt to small animal pelt, squirrel meat to small chunk of meat, squirrel pelt glove/tunic to patchwork fur glove/tunic.
Beta only changes:
  • Changed isotope mine shaft encounter to be abandoned and resumed at each stage of exploration.
  • Changed isotope mine shaft encounter to be closed after ladder breaks.
  • Fixed a bug causing camp conditions to be stuck on player after save/load.
  • Fixed several encounters that caused player to lose shoes and other items repeatedly instead of just once.
  • Fixed isotope mine optical zoom option to use any item with zoom.
  • Fixed bug that prevented lighter from being a valid response in isotope mine shaft.
  • Removed gelli bear reward from old lady encounter.
New Crafting System

Here are some words from Dan about the new crafting system:

quote:

In this new system, the recipes will accept any item that fulfills requirements, not just the ones I've specified by name. So if you're trying to make a torch, you can use more than just a stick and a dirty rag. Crowbars and wrenches will suffice for the handle, and any flexible, flammable sheet will work as a torch head. Similarly, fire can be kindled with plastic bags, paper, and even clothes, so you don't have to rely solely on twigs anymore.

Furthermore, the crafting UI will show you each possible outcome for your ingredients at the same time, and they can be seen using the arrow buttons above the yield box (similar to switching pages in the ingredients or quick recipe area). This way, ingredients with multiple outputs can be controlled by the player.

Another big difference is that items like berries, mushrooms, and pills are automatically identified by players with appropriate skills. Otherwise, they use generic names. No more crafting required to identify most objects.

Finally, the crafting system now has different crafting times for each recipe, so most crafting attempts should take less than one full move now.

Overall it sounds like a really good change, I'm pretty sure all of the little "annoyances" about the old system have been solved and with this new "item property" based system it seems to give you much more freedom.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Wow, the new crafting system looks really nice.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

where do I actually trade things? I've played the game like 50 times, collected stuff, crafted stuff, I know stuff is worth cash but I've never actually found a way to trade items.

BlueBottleGames
Mar 16, 2012

NEO Scavenger Dev
@Zip, been quieter in here as new builds are slower to come out these past few iterations. Figured I'd chime in :)

The only place to trade right now is the junk market just outside the DMC ("The Glow"). Trading is pretty crude, basically getting money for things dropped, and losing money for things picked up on the junk market hex.

There are also a couple encounters where items are used to barter, and others where money is required to proceed (e.g. health clinic, diner, both at the DMC).

Hope this helps!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah, it's not Fallout style bartering, it's more like in other RPGs where you just use currency for trading and you turn unwanted items into currency. Try to get a backpack and pick up any items that are valuable and not too big; high-quality boots are strangely precious, and some kinds of drugs are worth a ton. Drop all that poo poo in the junk market whenever you pass through and you'll be crazy rich in no time. I made a fortune as an arms dealer on one character; I'd carry a couple of scopes and slings and attach them to any guns I found, then sell the guns. Then I got food poisoning or something and died.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

There's kind of a weird bug going on in the latest version where if you find a bottle of pills (say, a bottle of antibiotics), its default value is only like a buck fifty, but if you empty out the pills (which are still expensive by themselves, I just like having them in bottles) and put them back in they suddenly become valuable again. In case anyone was wondering what the deal was.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
:frogsiren: Boom, New Build. :frogsiren:

It's a test build, which is available to those that have purchased beta access.
  • New Items - All the new weapons, vehicles, junk, meats, pelts, and other items I've been yammering about.
  • New Recipes - The corresponding recipes for said items, plus a few new recipes for old things.
  • New Loot Tables - Items found in scavenging, on creatures, in hexes, and in the junk store are all redone.
  • New Creature - Deer now roam the map like other creatures do.
  • Corpses - Some creatures leave corpses now, and can be butchered for fur and meat with proper tools and skills.
  • New Battle Moves - It is now possible to surrender or demand surrender, as well as loot unconscious enemies.
  • AI Changes - Some AI will now prefer to loot unconscious victims instead of killing them.
  • Less Tripping - All creatures and player should trip less in combat now.
  • Batteries - Night vision goggles now use batteries. If all goes well here, I'd like to add batteries to other electronics, too.
  • Crafting Update - Quick recipes should now prefer cheaper ingredients, and those already in place, over those that are worth or and/or in the left panel. Also, ingredients are left in place instead of being auto-cleared each time.
  • Battle Ranges - Battles have much different range bands now, corresponding to the new ranged weapons. Open fields will begin battle dozens of spaces apart, making ranged weapons dangerous. And rough terrain means starting closer together. Melee weapons and certain melee moves have ranges of 0, 1, 2, or 3, instead of just 0.
  • Bug Fixes - Lots and lots of bug fixes.

I guess this is like a beta of a beta (yo!), so I think things may be a bit rough around the edges.

Grab it like so:

As you can see, Dan pops into this thread every now and then so I'm sure he would appreciate bug reports and/or feedback.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I haven't played in months, maybe I should change that!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Still not ETA for the final product? :smith:

BlueBottleGames
Mar 16, 2012

NEO Scavenger Dev
@Angry Diplomat, are you saying it's too easy to make money? Hmm :)

@Thompsons, yeah, that's a bug I need to sort out. The game identifies items when a skilled player rolls their mouse over them. But some weird situations occur with items in containers, and I might need more complex rules.

@Xik, indeed, a beta of a beta! The "t" build is mainly satisfying my anxiety about not having new stuff for players to try in a while, without removing the old build in case the "t" build blows up. And yes, feedback is welcomed!

@Tarquinn, whenever I choose an ETA, I end up being wrong. However, most of the major, planned features are developed now (e.g. bigger resolution and fonts, improved crafting system). What remains are mostly content items (e.g. plot, items, creatures, recipes) and system tweaks (e.g. non-hostile AI creatures). With that in mind, I'm aiming to wrap things up by the end of the year.

Thanks guys!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

BlueBottleGames posted:

@Angry Diplomat, are you saying it's too easy to make money? Hmm :)

Nah. I wouldn't say it's especially easy or hard, it's just that once you're well-outfitted and well-prepared you can pretty consistently make a profit off any decent exploration trip. It actually takes an annoyingly long time to make a substantial amount of money; I've never managed to scrape together enough money to buy the rad robo-eyes before dying or whatever. But for buying food and basic supplies, yeah, it's not extremely difficult but it does involve a lot of risk vs. reward balancing early on, and once your scavenger is reasonably well-established it's something to motivate you to keep exploring and pursuing progression.

If anything, making it harder to make money would probably make the game more frustrating and less enjoyable. I haven't played the new version though, so it's possible the new items, pelts, etc. changed that up significantly. I'll have to check it out.

e: more things to spend money on would help a lot, I think. Throwing weapons, bows, crossbows, and attendant ammunition would be a useful stepping stone to firearms and would provide something that survivors would want to spend money on (a thing that can be hurled desperately at a dogman before one's throat is ripped out through one's eye sockets)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Thanks for the quick answer!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

So uh, I encountered one of the new enemies. As soon as I set eyes on ol' V.W. (not gonna spoil it for anyone, it's one hell of a surprise) I uttered a vast and resounding "NO THANKS" and ran like an absolute motherfucker. The thing caught up to me a few hours later and savaged the hell out of me; I escaped again, staggered off into the woods, and perished of blood loss, incoherent with fear and pain.

This game owns. :stonk::hf::black101:

Also, a bandit threw a spear at me!! Throwing weapons yaaaay :buddy:

e: aw poo poo a bow

e2: holy poo poo you can craft slings from string and animal hide gently caress me this update is awesome. Hahaha I just skinned a deer with a broken bottle and then used an arrow to sew crude gloves from its pelt

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 10, 2013

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Maybe I'm just not good at adapting but man it is like super loving easy to just die within eleven hours in this and the last version since you need clothes to not die of hypothermia and I have no reliable way of getting any within the first several turns.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Thompsons posted:

Maybe I'm just not good at adapting but man it is like super loving easy to just die within eleven hours in this and the last version since you need clothes to not die of hypothermia and I have no reliable way of getting any within the first several turns.

If it's raining when you go outside you're basically hosed unless you find a bunch of clothes or kill/mug a looter for some.

I, on the other hand, am all set for clothes:

:black101:

(You can do this immediately if you have trapping and melee and/or strong, kill the dogman in the cryo facility, find some rags and a shard in the nearest ruins, combine them into a glass shiv, then go back and combine the glass shiv, your trapping skill, and the dogman corpse)

edit: oh poo poo you can butcher humans for meat :unsmigghh:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

If it's raining when you go outside you're basically hosed unless you find a bunch of clothes or kill/mug a looter for some.

I, on the other hand, am all set for clothes:

:black101:

(You can do this immediately if you have trapping and melee and/or strong, kill the dogman in the cryo facility, find some rags and a shard in the nearest ruins, combine them into a glass shiv, then go back and combine the glass shiv, your trapping skill, and the dogman corpse)

edit: oh poo poo you can butcher humans for meat :unsmigghh:

holy crap dude I'm doing this. Also shards? I don't think I find those ever.

and Bluebottle, this game owns man. I got like 4 of my friends addicted to it. It's nasty. What are the chances we're going to get a few more different types of mobs and maybe more weird encounters?

• Locked thread