Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Are you sure? I haven't seen this happen (and I've gotten 75 flares, 6 pets, about 100 bullion, and countless signets)
The one time I did get an "error" message, an overflow bag was on the ground and it had flares in it

Yeah, I'm very sure. It was super annoying.

Fasheem posted:

In Fusang now. He was down to 9mil on my screen (probably in reality 6-7) before I managed to get off a single shot. Been dead for awhile now and can't respawn. Been lying here dead for at least five minutes, screen has changed 3 times since then. I know he must be dead by now, but since no one is leaving I can't recover.

YAAAAAAAAAY

Fusang is a goddamn cluster. Too many griefers just massacring people trying to actually fight the guardian, and too many people getting hit by Anima Leech, which essentially brings the guardian back to full health. It'd be manageable if not for the leech, I think. I'll try again another day, but right now it's just not worth it. I grabbed the lore, though. That's doable even with the fps drop.

midoriyourself fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So it turns out I actually was tanking well enough in Polaris that the guy acting as a ringer for us said I'm about ready for Hell Revealed. Normal dungeons of course. That's cool.

So when does that update to fix Fusang hit today?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Is there any reason to even bother with the Fusang golem unless you're all OCD about the pets?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Anyone having memory issues? I've had the client quit on me twice in the last two days saying out of memory. Its only started happening since the latest patch.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Fewd posted:

Is there any reason to even bother with the Fusang golem unless you're all OCD about the pets?

I want to be able to say I beat them all? I got one of the pets so I'm already happy about that.

Edit
When do they give you those monthly bonus points? I got 2 or 3 months from the event a few weeks ago giving you premium months if you recruited someone and they bought the game.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
Hey, thanks a lot for all of the advice. I've started playing and am just finishing up the starter bits in Seoul.

One thing that did make me a little confused (not that it matters, but still...) was that the tutorial tip you get at the start of Ground Zero says 'Let's take your first mission! Mei Ling will assist with giving this mission to start your journey. (Does she look familiar?)'. Am I supposed to know who Mei Ling is already? Why would she look familiar to me? At first I thought she might be the woman in the red dress that, erm, 'licked' me on the bed moments earlier, but the voice is different plus Mei Ling has tattoos, so it's clearly not her. The only thing I can think they're maybe referring to is the fact that she was in a trailer they released before the game came out, so could that be it?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Branis posted:

Anyone having memory issues? I've had the client quit on me twice in the last two days saying out of memory. Its only started happening since the latest patch.

Check your anti-virus exclusions, especially if you're using Bitdefender. Also repair the game data from launcher to make sure there's no corruption.

e: To elaborate the Bitdefender part, it's well known to cause OOM crashes. I placed the game folders and executables on exclusions and also using Bitdefender on game mode. That gets rid of crashes.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 9, 2013

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
So far I've spent issue 7 murdering children.

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Fewd posted:

No. It is awful. On my second try, first try didn't even get a bag. Community Manager is claiming on the official forums that you just have to wait for all the quests to work through the system and everyone will get it eventually, which is clearly bullshit. And not only because we already waited like three hours.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well I got into a group but it just keeps showing the Fusang loading screen, putting me back in KM where I was before, then showing the screen again.

What. The. loving. Hell.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

TSW server has grown consciousness and now it is testing humans. "How many times will this primate monkey of flesh click on this thing and think this time it'll be better :smuggo:"

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Marx posted:

I think issue 7 is my favorite so far.

edit: not cause i'm a fan of child murder.

Branis fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 9, 2013

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Fusang is currently with a constant stream of Gatekeepers and the bag drop is 100% pet drop.

Takes anywhere from 1-4 hours of raging at PVPers for SFing groups, resetting boss, and other fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does this DLC give you cool spy wear?

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

It popped this time and I got my precious baby. 100% drop rate, yesssss.

The fight was loving brutal. First time in the event that my performance went up as the fight went on, because people would eventually figure out that they were just making everything worse and go hide in the basement. I think it was about 2 hours total. Should be better now that people have a better idea of what they are doing.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
So later on during issue 7 you'll come across something unexpected: Orochi Nanny Drones.

This issue is pretty neat.

edit: "I AM NOT MAD, I AM NOT MAD"

Marx fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 9, 2013

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Marx posted:

I spent Issue 7 in a missile firing snow mobile mount mission, lighting things on fire with the flame thrower, and watching Lilith get kicked into Tokyo by Emma who just wanted her teddy bear back.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Does this DLC give you cool spy wear?

Technically you're have to play the DLC 5-6 times to get it, but yeah you get the Orochi armour and cool shades.

Enjoy dying more!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

Technically you're have to play the DLC 5-6 times to get it, but yeah you get the Orochi armour and cool shades.

Enjoy dying more!

You can also run the Egypt DLC, they both give credits that count towards buying the pretty pretty stuff and necklace.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So seriously, when each month do the bonus points go out? Just sort of waiting on that to get Issue 7.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's always right around the day you paid for your membership. If you're a lifetimer, it's when you paid for it, or the 11th or 12th if you were already a lifer before they dropped the sub requirement. Ask support if you want to make sure, they can give you the precise date and time.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

xanthan posted:

So seriously, when each month do the bonus points go out? Just sort of waiting on that to get Issue 7.

There's an option in your account settings called "Setup DLC Autobuy." It might be too late for this month, but if you enable this, it will always buy DLC when it comes out and subtract the difference when you get a new month's bonus points.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Are the PvP bags tradeable too? Want to know if I should pencil extra time in to get one to give my wife.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston is there any news on that wiki?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Cheston posted:

There's an option in your account settings called "Setup DLC Autobuy." It might be too late for this month, but if you enable this, it will always buy DLC when it comes out and subtract the difference when you get a new month's bonus points.

I'm just kind of wondering WHEN the points come so I know when I can go do it man.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Tortolia posted:

Are the PvP bags tradeable too? Want to know if I should pencil extra time in to get one to give my wife.

Yes, I traded EvilBillMurray a bag today for some stuff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone figure out how to get into The Crypt yet? It's apparently timed based?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Issue #7 was cool as poo poo. Maybe my favorite so far and I've liked them all.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

guppy posted:

Issue #7 was cool as poo poo. Maybe my favorite so far and I've liked them all.

I especially liked the parts we can't talk about without heavy use of spoiler tags.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Yeah me too.

Also jesus Dorito, good job with the Lore Library.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I liked the DLC quite a bit. I would have liked it more if it didn't gently caress up its own twist.

"Grown fond of the spy girl, did you?" Actually, no. She was an annoying, shady, untrustworthy, incompetent excuse for a 'femme fatale' sidekick that did precisely jack poo poo to make me like her, who I wanted to punch and/or shoot in the face on no less than four separate occasions as a conservative estimate.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I still can't get into Fusang. I just want the lore :(

Edit: Still not into Fusang. But goddamn that issue 7. See Funcom this is why I love you. You can do things right!

Double edit: Then I look at the ca'd oro vendor and see that I can buy a generic purple vigour that's better than the blues I have now. Looks like I know what I'm saving for now.

Len fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 10, 2013

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I'm not sure if its a video settings thing or what but all of these 'attractive women' in TSW that are full of themselves because of their beauty all kind of look like that disney witch with bright red lips.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marx fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 10, 2013

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cleretic posted:

I liked the DLC quite a bit. I would have liked it more if it didn't gently caress up its own twist.

"Grown fond of the spy girl, did you?" Actually, no. She was an annoying, shady, untrustworthy, incompetent excuse for a 'femme fatale' sidekick that did precisely jack poo poo to make me like her, who I wanted to punch and/or shoot in the face on no less than four separate occasions as a conservative estimate.

It is a Bond satire. You are supposed to see it coming.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
So is it Virgula Divina or Divinia? I always thought the former, but the voice acting in issue 7 fairly distinctly says Divinia at one point.

I liked the bit in issue 7 where I kept setting off the turrets and killing Raiser (sorry).

I've found out where the lore I missed is, and I have ideas of words to spell. Stupid 3 day cooldown, wanna play it again :(

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Len posted:

Double edit: Then I look at the ca'd oro vendor and see that I can buy a generic purple vigour that's better than the blues I have now. Looks like I know what I'm saving for now.

It only works on the reward neck pieces though (which was better than my 10.0 one anyway)

on a side note, I did the whole DLC and was stuck in queue for Fusang the whole time, I want that lore, I don't care about the stupid pet

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It only works on the reward neck pieces though (which was better than my 10.0 one anyway)

on a side note, I did the whole DLC and was stuck in queue for Fusang the whole time, I want that lore, I don't care about the stupid pet

In regards to the lore, devs have stated the lore will be around after the golems go away.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

HughGRect posted:

In regards to the lore, devs have stated the lore will be around after the golems go away.
I want the pet but since I'll be away for ten days, I'll have to try that on my notebook. Which already struggles just running London with low details. This is going to be fun.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

orcane posted:

I want the pet but since I'll be away for ten days, I'll have to try that on my notebook. Which already struggles just running London with low details. This is going to be fun.

I hate myself a lot, so I'm going to give Fusang another shot today. If I get extra bags, I'll save one for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

orcane posted:

I also hate myself, but I hate pubbies more. So like Midori, I will also be going into Fusang and grabbing more bags for any goons who miss out on the event.

• Locked thread