Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

BaconPigbutt posted:

I can only say for myself, but I had no trouble getting myself a beta-key. I think also most people that where interested already got one. This open beta thing seems more like a formal thing and an oportunity for marketing the game than anything else.

This.

They said they were going to release a content patch before open beta. They did. That's what 0.7 was with the three new pockets and BWA. That probably doubled the amount of playable space the game has and they were smart enough to do it a week before OB so they could knock out the major bugs that came up after the patch. Granted, they haven't actually fixed the bugs yet, but they'll get to it by 0.8 or so.

Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Curse Support is Live:
http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/curse-com-curse-client-support-for-firefall.997841

Cuhullin
Feb 12, 2012
Guess Open is live and beta-cy conversion has been removed, but they kept the store. However there is currently a bug that doesn't remove any beta-cy from your inventory when buying items. Being a good beta tester I put in a bug report, but made sure to double (or triple...) check it wasn't a one time error.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Cuhullin posted:

Guess Open is live and beta-cy conversion has been removed, but they kept the store. However there is currently a bug that doesn't remove any beta-cy from your inventory when buying items. Being a good beta tester I put in a bug report, but made sure to double (or triple...) check it wasn't a one time error.
I've done this like, 50 times. I am confident that this is broken. But if you need me to try again another 50 just to make sure, I can do that too...

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

So after logging in my 5 button is gone, and I can't use things like my hammer or call in thumpers/ammo/etc. What gives?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If you hit C to select something, do you even get the option to pick stuff?

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Nope, hitting C and then trying to left-click "call-downs" or whatever doesn't even open the sub menu.

I still have everything in my inventory, too...

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I saw that this went in to open beta, and was interested in trying it out.
But I couldn't see any mention of servers in the OP or if it's differentiated between NA/EU.
I'm in EU but if it the ping to NA isn't bad, and I can make an account there, or log in to those servers I'd play there if the majority of the goon population is there.

If anyone could clear that up for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
try /rui to reload the ui, I had lots of weird things happen (like ONLY my 5 listed) last night as the servers were having sync issues.

Also, whoever was testing the functionality of beta-cy, I would love a vehicle thanks.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

You can trade that beta-cy stuff?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Beta CY stuff is no-trade. Sorry guys.

The good thing about EU/US servers is that they are linked. There's dozens of instanced shards on each one and if you and your friends are on different ones, you can form a squad and /joinleader to be moved to the same shard as the squad leader. That's how we hop shards to group up or team up for invasions. Going back to your "home" shard is a little bit more random. I also don't know any way to tell which server you're on. At best, you can find out the incredibly long instance number you are on using the command console or various addons but for the most part, it's transparent and you won't give it much thought.

Also, the subject of buying founders packs all over again may be plausible. Have you guys seen this: https://accounts.firefallthegame.com/purchases/specialty_packs ?

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Yeh the UI/crafting/inventory has been an issue for this game forever (or at least the couple of times I played over the last year or two). SIN is often down and the printer gives errors/won't give your resources to you etc. The gameplay is really good, getting around the world is really good. Regardless I unlocked the beta stuff in anticipation of open world PvP, more extensive Chosen incursions etc which I hope are still coming.

edit: ^^^ haha thats pretty funny after they claimed founders pack bonuses were gone after today.

Moon LLC fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 9, 2013

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Still can't use call-downs or activate reward items, even after a /rui. I had my 5 button for a minute or two, then it just disappeared again. poo poo seems proper hosed.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That sounds like something you really ought to open a support ticket for so it can get sorted out.

In other news, I have to find the stream they were talking about doing. I hope chat was down for them too. This crap is pissing me off. I will gladly accept trollnados if it means the chat/group server is somewhat stable. I just had to ragequit because we lost a SH invasion by 20 seconds. As far as I could tell, it was me and two other guys trying desperately to alamo the last shield generator and suiciding on cannons to try and disable them.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

timmmmaaaah posted:

edit: ^^^ haha thats pretty funny after they claimed founders pack bonuses were gone after today.
Well, they technically didn't lie. And the Founder's packs were much, much better deals. $100 and all you get is 250 red beans? That is only $31.25 in red beans. With the $100 Founders, you got 960 beans ($120 worth). The XP boost was also higher (15/10 instead of 10/5). The best thing about the $100 beta starter is the 100 pilot tokens, though. That will come in handy once they start adding new frames.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay. They refunded my 250 redbeans. time to get me a pimp suit.

:getin:

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

so...um... yeah the shard i logged into lost sunken harbor as some point and the melding has expanded over the town. the melding finally moves! i love this game

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Downloading the client right now. Is this game pay to win, or can you accomplish something without putting cash into it?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

imatree posted:

Downloading the client right now. Is this game pay to win, or can you accomplish something without putting cash into it?

Nothing that I am aware of strikes me as pay to win. It's almost entirely convenience stuff that you can ignore if you want.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
man, pubbies are flipping out about the starter packs.

Its hilarious. people are paying 100 bucks for a much shittier deal than the founders pack and everyone is flipping the gently caress out. Why?

Personal arcporter.

I'm not sure a personal arcporter is worth like 700 redbeans.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

man, pubbies are flipping out about the starter packs.

Its hilarious. people are paying 100 bucks for a much shittier deal than the founders pack and everyone is flipping the gently caress out. Why?

Personal arcporter.

I'm not sure a personal arcporter is worth like 700 redbeans.

I hope they add something like it to the shop later for less oh the tears will be great

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I'm not surprised that people are flipping out so hard over the new packs. Did you guys ever see that huge thread where some dude complained that the thumping difficulty changes and the crafting research stuff being introduced specifically penalized only veteran players? 10+ pages of people crying about how they can't build t2 stuff right away when they already had access to it, despite the devs saying over and over again that everyone having access to all the recipes was temporary.

Anyway, I'm just lying in wait for when they make the cops porter craftable or put it up on the store. I can live without another LGV color, and no hat exceeds the glory of my cat ears and tech antlers as it is anyway :colbert:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

babydonthurtme posted:

Anyway, I'm just lying in wait for when they make the cops porter craftable or put it up on the store. I can live without another LGV color, and no hat exceeds the glory of my cat ears and tech antlers as it is anyway :colbert:

This. This is what the game is all about. It's shooting Chosen in the face while paying real dollars for digital cat ears. After all that work I put into getting the cowboy hat, the cat ears still reign supreme. The closest thing someone could possibly argue as being pay to win is the ability to bypass the wait of researching as long as he already has the crystite to match and the resources to actually build the crap he's paid dollars to research early.

The melding has taken over cities for months now. It took quite a while for people to figure out how to fight off the invasions (spoiler: show up instead of thumping) but this morning was just piss poor turnout. Even my Mammoth couldn't keep the east cannon down with the zero support.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
I was running around the SH melding looking for a melding repulsor or something (which I now know there isn't one) and the melding receded as I was rounding it to the south. I went in and mowed down a few Chosen and took back SH solo. I got 39 CY for a crystite resonator for my troubles :v:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The real value of the beta starter pack is the 100 pilot tokens. Unlocking 10 frames using red beans would be $125 (10 frames * 100 tokens / 8 beans per dollar). I bought the beta starter pack purely because of those pilot tokens. I will be ready for when they add new frames to the game. An extra $31.25 worth of red beans is also nice. With this, I don't think I'll ever need to spend money on this game again.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

The real value of the beta starter pack is the 100 pilot tokens. Unlocking 10 frames using red beans would be $125 (10 frames * 100 tokens / 8 beans per dollar). I bought the beta starter pack purely because of those pilot tokens. I will be ready for when they add new frames to the game. An extra $31.25 worth of red beans is also nice. With this, I don't think I'll ever need to spend money on this game again.

Unless R5 wises up and realizes the power of playing Barbie with our guys, they could flood the came with hundreds or thousands of costume frame options and charge red beans for them. Will be hard for all but the hardcore whiners to complain, presuming they are just cosmetic.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is it normal to get stuck on the login screen for ages? Should I chalk it up to server congestion?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Have you guys seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgUQbYZFMY

I don`t think I`ll ever recover from the experience.

Edit.: Seriously, there should be a law against this.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 9, 2013

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

BaconPigbutt posted:

Have you guys seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgUQbYZFMY

I don`t think I`ll ever recover from the experience.

That has to be a parody.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

timmmmaaaah posted:

Yeh the UI/crafting/inventory has been an issue for this game forever (or at least the couple of times I played over the last year or two).
UI, Crafting and Inventory is getting an overhaul.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Okay, so, I'm doing the tutorial and I'm at the part where Aero is telling me to buy some secondary weapon with vouchers, but.. whenever I talk to the shopkeeper no shop UI pops up at all. I have no idea what could be causing this.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

This is hilarious.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They're so proud of that Live Action Trailer. They keep playing it on the FireFall Fest stream. I literally cringed when watching it. Nostromo is badass but Pil needs to smoke a pack a day to have a voice worth that hair cut. That high pitched squaky voice just doesn't cut it.

Chat servers are still down. Login servers are now down. The FF Fest stream broke right after they said something that prompted them all to knock on wood. It's been a bad day for them.

Edit: Nalin, you realize you're going to buy more beans when they offer more crafting slots, right?

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
why not just max frames instead of paying for tokens? that is sillyness

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So are characters getting wiped at some stage or are we good now?

e; which one of you took the name FourEyes :mad:

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 9, 2013

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

e; which one of you took the name FourEyes :mad:

No wipes, as for FourEyes who knows make a support ticket and you might get it.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Edit: Nalin, you realize you're going to buy more beans when they offer more crafting slots, right?
I have 911 beans. I think I will be okay.

poptart_fairy posted:

No wipes.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

why not just max frames instead of paying for tokens? that is sillyness
12 tokens possible per frame. It takes a LOT of time and resources to get 10 of those. The grind to get all the future frames will be tough. May as well avoid it now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cool, can get myself snuggled down into my engineer then. :3:

Chat and stores seem to be working again.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Hooray! Maybe the login server is up then? I'm itching for some BWA.

Edit: Nevermind. Login servers are still down. :suicide:

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Well, I think I'll try later on when there are (hopefully) fewer people killing the login servers. Is there some sort of server status page or something?

• Locked thread