Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Matrim posted:

edit: Also wanted to point out that when using the mouseover macro as puri, prioritizing targets without shields is far better since the macro will target people with shields but without burnout, wasting your burnout debuff.

This is also true for any spam-cleanse macros: have a `cast @mouseoverui Cleanse` at the top so you can choose who to cleanse instead of letting Rift blindly cleanse the next cleansable dude. Most of the time you can just mash the button, but sometimes (like if there are stacks of something) you want the control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Plastic Paws posted:

I am leveling a mage (level 20 currently) and prefer ranged but would incorporating some chloro mixed in be useful? Like a warlock/chloro?

Lock syncs up with necro better than chloro, and life leech can heal you a decent amount. 8 points in chloro is nice for leveling builds because it gives you an instant cast bloom, and the lifegiving veil buff will give you passive healing. But 8 points in it is taking away 8 points and potentially 8% damage from other trees. If you like warlock, i'd try pairing it with necro and only going to chloro if you find yourself needing more healing. 8 into pyro is nice too for the burning fury crit bonus, but that is getting changed next patch.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Egeus is a dumb sperglord incapable of civil conversation, don't bother taking any advice from him~

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Matrim posted:

Egeus is a dumb sperglord incapable of civil conversation,
You must be new here.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

anthonypants posted:

You must be new here.

I just thought it deserved repeating when he posts class advice that other players will read.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Looking for an invite on Cassarus. Hello.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Gonna say that you're probably gonna get better value keeping 4 stacks of soothing stream on the tanks since that'll be less overhealing to ripple off of. Also make sure everyone is affected by your healing flood to have reef barrier up and for Invigoration. I don't often play Warden, but when I do, we get our first kill on HM Progenitor.

Also for purifier: when to use things that aren't Symbol of the Sun / Ward of Fire:

1. Healer's Covenant - actually a sentinel spell, this poo poo owns. Tanks usually have their own pseudo-cov but often this is the thing that gets called. Should be coordinated with every other defensive cooldown etc etc.

2. Rite of the Forge - huge shield that pretty much means a tank's hp won't be dropping for a while. Also usable on non-tanks depending on the encounter needs. Good with flashover.

3. Latent Blaze - try to make sure a flashovered latent blaze is on every tank before a pull, then the healers or support, etc. Refresh this if you have a chance to in a fight, preferably after it falls off.

4. Gathering of Flames- this poo poo owns, also don't hesitate to use as a fourth tank cooldown after your others are spent. Really good with flashover.

5. Spiritual Conflagration - Still really good if you don't have to move for a long time! Also a good thing to deal with healing debuffs.

6. (Touch the Light) + Ward of Scorching - The mana cost reduction from TtL helps a lot with making good use of ward of scorching, but depending on the fight sometimes you'll just have to spam WoS for a while and hope you can pot/mental flare/soul brand to get mana back later. Also good with flashover.

7. Healer's Breath - if you're gonna be moving for longer than half a gcd and/or a tank is missing over 20k health a healer's breath can be a larger increase in EHP than either ward. Use discretion. Also if you have to keep moving and symbols aren't an option and breath is down Healing Flare is a good last resort.

But really defiler is the best spec to use in raids anyway.

Alistara
Feb 22, 2013

Zoness posted:

But really defiler is the best spec to use in raids anyway.

This is the most important fact about clerics in raids. It is the best spec by far.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
With whom do I speak to request guild bank reorganization?

I would really like a dedicated tab for artifacts. All the time, I find artifacts I've already collected, and there isn't enough room in take take/leave tab for all of them. Could we please remove the mediocre consumables and costume gear for a collective artifact pool?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

William Bear posted:

With whom do I speak to request guild bank reorganization?

I would really like a dedicated tab for artifacts. All the time, I find artifacts I've already collected, and there isn't enough room in take take/leave tab for all of them. Could we please remove the mediocre consumables and costume gear for a collective artifact pool?

How about you sell those artifacts instead? Most arts are worth at least a plat, some hundreds of plat.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
For harbinger/chloro levelling, is it just meant for grinding mobs? In IA's everything seems to die too fast to even make it to melee range. I'm 36 if that helps.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

acumen posted:

For harbinger/chloro levelling, is it just meant for grinding mobs? In IA's everything seems to die too fast to even make it to melee range. I'm 36 if that helps.

For IA's just use a ranged DPS spec. Anything will work, pyro isn't a bad choice.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
Looking for an invite for Joshi.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I decided to do some awful streaming tonight so everyone can see how to be an awful cleric, pretty much gonna be dpsing all night.

I don't get to defiler when our other defiler is on :smith:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

acumen posted:

You're 36 but you don't have Improved Blade Rush? Are you putting all of your points in Chloro?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

William Bear posted:

I would really like a dedicated tab for artifacts. All the time, I find artifacts I've already collected, and there isn't enough room in take take/leave tab for all of them.

You could just send them all to my Rogue (Twyll) - I'm a artifact nut and love finishing collections - I'd be willing to pass on extras to other goons :D

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Magus42 posted:

You could just send them all to my Rogue (Twyll) - I'm a artifact nut and love finishing collections - I'd be willing to pass on extras to other goons :D

Seriously, artifact trains are the best way to get rid of ones you don't want if you're not selling them. Just ask who wants a train dropped on them in gchat and if they're cool they'll take what they need and pass it on.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Magus42 posted:

We need to build a clubhouse for all of our useless knick-knacks.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Bussamove posted:

Seriously, artifact trains are the best way to get rid of ones you don't want if you're not selling them. Just ask who wants a train dropped on them in gchat and if they're cool they'll take what they need and pass it on.
You mean that isn't what the Guild Vault is for? I've been doing it all wrong :ohdear:

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Nope, start an art chain by sending them to Taoism. Literally the only artifacts that go in the guild bank are the awful ones from Freemarch that drop so fuckin often that we can't even give them away. I would not be at all surprised if some of those ritual jars had been in there since Seastone.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Sledra posted:

Nope, start an art chain by sending them to Taoism. Literally the only artifacts that go in the guild bank are the awful ones from Freemarch that drop so fuckin often that we can't even give them away. I would not be at all surprised if some of those ritual jars had been in there since Seastone.

You're not allowed to send them to me anymore because I'll forget which are which among my hundreds of artifacts and just end up putting them all on the AH.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Honest Hoom's Artifact Emporium: "You won't find an artifact for less, and if you do, we'll cut that motherfucker. And that's a promise."

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Eltoasto posted:

Honest Hoom's Artifact Emporium: "You won't find an artifact for less, and if you do, we'll cut that motherfucker. And that's a promise."

Pssh, a decent number of the "friends" he makes in trade chat end up getting some kind of ban for spewing racial epithets or calling him a human being, so he doesn't even need to cut people.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Sledra posted:

Incorrect, Kreczor is first on the list.

It goes Kreczor -> Taoism -> Guild Bank.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Eltoasto posted:

I think I undercut him a few times this week :ohdear:

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!

Kreczor posted:

Incorrect, Kreczor is first on the list.

It goes Kreczor -> Taoism -> Guild Bank.

I'll take it

Edit: looked like a new page on my phone so here's Tao lookin sexy as all hell

Sledra fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 10, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
About how big is the range on Pool of Radiance healing? Is it useful in the last phase of Crucia, or just skip it because people are too spread out?

To add some Pro Cleric Tips, remember that Healing Flood only hits 10 people, so try to hit it twice. Warden tends to run low on Mana, so have a macro to cast Cascade on yourself and use it on CD early on in the fight, late in the fight save it in case someone else needs mana.

For Inq, remember to use Judicial Privilege when AoE is coming or when you need to get out of circles, and try to time Nysyr's to coincide with DPS boosts like flaring power, and hold off casting it if you have more than 1 or 2 stacks of Life and Death Concord.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Folks here mentioned that mage's will get tank specs, warriors and rogues will get healing specs, and clerics will get support specs. Any date on when that'll happen?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

Folks here mentioned that mage's will get tank specs, warriors and rogues will get healing specs, and clerics will get support specs. Any date on when that'll happen?

I think they _just_ started putting that into production at the release of F2P. Best case is probably turkey day/christmas. Likely not until 3.0 though.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ninkobei posted:

Best case is probably turkey day/christmas. Likely not until 3.0 though.

I would hope they don't release the next expansion that soon, we haven't even gotten all of SL-T2 yet. I would hope 3.0 is not out until the first half of 2014 at the earliest. I want to be able to easily PUG Reggie on alts before the next expansion, like with ROS/GSB.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
I started getting some tells from some pubbies complaining that "awfulcleric" was refusing to duel some that were lower level, I guess the guy paid him to and he took the money, whatever. The weirdass tells persisted until he eventually dueled them and lost

Clearly we need to kick him for the dishonor he has brought the guild :frogout:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

:psyduck:

I don't understand the world anymore.

brightweasel
Apr 19, 2006
Weasel that shines like the sun.
Hey, awesome, Rift is free to play!

Guild invite for Jemaine please :)

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
:siren:With today's patch, joining crossevents/other shards seems to be broken? (as of this post -- seems some people are having trouble joining other shards):siren:

Patch Notes, because I care.

RIFT 2.3 Hotfix #9 – 07/10/13

GENERAL
* Conquest Power Decay now begins after 48 hours, instead of after 23 hours.
* Conquest Power Decay This is balanced such that you still lose fewer points over your first week of not gaining conquest power, but more once you haven't gained conquest power for over a week.
* The Storm Legion Fishing artifact sets now pay out a higher amount of experience.
* Automatic tweeting is back for achievements and discoveries!
* Tweeting from in-game is now more reliable.

RIFT STORE
* Buying a REX and getting disconnected immediately afterwards will now result in players logging on to find a REX in their mailbox. Gotta love same day delivery!
* You can now gift Storm Legion Souls to other players!
* Using a Faction Changing Scroll now resets any points spent in the Planar Attunement of War. Any players that have already switched factions will have these PA points refunded!
* Stats on the level 50 Ascended's gear has been increased.
* The "send gift" dialog now closes after your present has been mailed!
* Relic Apothecary recipes now sort correctly on the RIFT Store.

ZONES
* Traveling the roads of Telara has been improved with the removal or relocation of agressive NPC's. However, Invasion NPC's will still wander the highways, so watch out!
* Quest: Daily Tempest Rising quests have had their payouts increased. They now grant a higher amount of Empyreal Sourcestone.

SANCTUM
* Quest: A Snake in Sanctum: Players can now interact with Abbess Katia normally during the interrogation of Cealhaidh.

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Zone Event: The Craft of Conflict: Stomping on pies while stealthed will no longer remove you from stealth. Stomp away!

TEMPEST BAY
* Quest: Hunting Heralds: Now correctly grants 600 Empyreal Sourcestone.

THE DENDROME
* Questgivers in The Dendrome that lingered near wardstones have been moved closer to their nearby hubs as a safety precaution.
* Scout Batosi has moved off that one rock with questionable structural integrity.
* The puzzle in this zone now gives items of the correct level.

SOULS

Mage: Chloromancer: Healing Torrent now has a stack size of 1 per caster. Previously it had no stack size set.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Daily PvP Quests have been added to Warlord Mal Laborema and Lasumin Batik Porvi in Tempest Bay. Each day they will offer 4 quests for either Steppes of Infinity or Dendrome.

BLACK GARDEN DOMINATION
* Now has 3 control points – each with its own name.
* Control points furthest from your side are worth 5 per tick, mid and your side are worth 3 per tick.
* The cap is still 500 points.

CRAFTING
* Quest: Workorder: Repaired Platemail: Now turns in to Merecenary Margaret, instead of Merecenary Hicks.

DIMENSIONS
* Gloamwood Wall Small Kit now contains the stairs it says it does!
* Reduced prices on curved connector dimension items.
* Some building blocks have had their draw distances increased, so that they are visible at longer distances.

ITEMS
* Freelancer and Warlord upgrades are now available from Mercenary Hicks and Margaret in Tempest Bay.
* All Fireworks now have a sellback price.
* Nefarious Shadesource now procs correctly from appropriate healing, such as Bard healing.
* Hunt Legend Mender's Greater Deepstone now sproc from absorbs and healing from the Chloromancer's Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil.
* Nefarious Shadesource and Hunt Legend Mender's Greater Deepstone now proc correctly with area of effect absorbs.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

GRIM AWAKENING
* Several of the Awakened have learned to see through the guise of stealth.
* Salvarola:
- Has been centered on his platform.
- Empowered Warped Fanatics will no longer explode as they run out of Salvarola's room as he summons his demonic minions.

UI/SETTINGS
* The Achievements window will no longer show achievements for the other faction.

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 10, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Gifting SL souls and slower CQ decay!

e: fb

edit2: Whoever that feenix dude is that sent me three artifacts, I forwarded them to Taoism.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 10, 2013

Serai
Dec 28, 2009

Kreczor posted:

Gifting SL souls and slower CQ decay!

e: fb

edit2: Whoever that feenix dude is that sent me three artifacts, I forwarded them to Taoism.

If that was an offer Seroi really needs the SL souls. And contact info regarding earlier mentioned 2h mace!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deadtear posted:

You're not allowed to send them to me anymore because I'll forget which are which among my hundreds of artifacts and just end up putting them all on the AH.

I didn't realize you were Hitpeople. It all makes so much sense now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

quote:

Good morning Ascended!

The summer fun days are upon us and soon the magic of Summerfest will arrive in Telara once again.

To prepare for its LIVE release we're testing it out TODAY, 7/10 @ 3:00PM Pacific on the Public Test Shard.

We've spruced it up & added more than ever before - including the soon-to-be-dreaded Hedge Maze 2.0!

So stop on by and have some fun - then leave your feedback here, see you there

HEDGE MAZE

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Can I get an invite on Bloodletting Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

necrotic posted:

I didn't realize you were Hitpeople. It all makes so much sense now.
I think he's Hatepeople now.

• Locked thread