Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand Shift codes. I get what they do, but since they're posted on Twitter and Facebook, how do they last past 0.000056 of a second before being used up?

SHiFT codes are unlike XBOX360 codes, in that multiple people can claim the code while it is active.
I do not think they have placed a limitation on how many times the SHiFT code can be redeemed: only once per account, per code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Jake Blues posted:

SHiFT codes are unlike XBOX360 codes, in that multiple people can claim the code while it is active.
I do not think they have placed a limitation on how many times the SHiFT code can be redeemed: only once per account, per code.

THey have some that are good for 5000 uses, some for 10000, some for 1000. It all depends what they set it at. Most of the ones that dont have an ammount are 5000.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Ya I took is as that the codes were good for multiple uses during a set time period. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Going to play around with vanilla bl2 today since my game data keeps crapping out. But it gives me an excuse to start a commando or siren or gunzerker, so... Silver linings.

I've gotten no help with my problem on the gearbox forums yet. I hate trying to do poo poo like this over the phone. :(

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
:torgue: I now have a level 61 whiskey tango foxtrot with an above 50% booster chance :torgue:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rama of Ra posted:

Ya I took is as that the codes were good for multiple uses during a set time period. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Some of them are like that too. Sometimes they put up a code for the first 5000 people on twitter, sometimes they put up a code that's good for unlimited downloads for about a week. When they post codes they'll usually tell you how long it's good for.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Haha, man. I was having a lot of fun popping skulls as sniper Zero so I decided to respec to melee to try it. Wasn't having much luck because I didn't have any mods or appropriate gear so I specced back and made a new Assassin to do a melee run through.

It's awesome. Sniping was so slow and plodding and certain enemies just wrecked my rear end. Now when I see a group of bandits I just go into Deception, glide from like 50 feet away to cut a guy in half, and just chain shiv like 8 guys in a row. I highly recommend trying it if you haven't.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

Haha, man. I was having a lot of fun popping skulls as sniper Zero so I decided to respec to melee to try it. Wasn't having much luck because I didn't have any mods or appropriate gear so I specced back and made a new Assassin to do a melee run through.

It's awesome. Sniping was so slow and plodding and certain enemies just wrecked my rear end. Now when I see a group of bandits I just go into Deception, glide from like 50 feet away to cut a guy in half, and just chain shiv like 8 guys in a row. I highly recommend trying it if you haven't.

I'm picking up the game today and planning on playing 0 first. I am going to try for a more close-up melee / shotguns with a splash of sniping. What are some of the perks to pick so I don't screw myself 30 hours down the road?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm picking up the game today and planning on playing 0 first. I am going to try for a more close-up melee / shotguns with a splash of sniping. What are some of the perks to pick so I don't screw myself 30 hours down the road?

Don't start out on the Bloodshed tree, it's really really lackluster until you're most of the way down it. The other two trees are good in different ways; the middle one is really good if you want to mix melee and guns, since it's got powerful buffs to both and it lets you be a dickbag ninja who runs around farting lightning and throwing kunai at peoples' dicks.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

you can respec at any time. you basically can't gently caress it up.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

There's no screwing yourself in Borderlands. You can respec for basically no money whenever you want.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

delpheye posted:

you can respec at any time. you basically can't gently caress it up.

oh you could do this in the first one for money if I remember. Its been so long since I've borderlandsed. It's gonna be a darn good reunion.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Pick all the skills that up your critical damage, go around one shotting dudes with the best sniper rifle you can find (preferably one that does +120% extra crit damage). Alternatively use a good Hyperion shotgun like a Critical Heartbreaker. This works pretty well especially on Normal.

Melee build after Normal mode kind of sucks in my experience.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Hadnt played the DLCs before, just the main games but I do enjoy how youre basically told a few times "Heres _____, later they are going to screw you over"

Played Captain Scarlett, started Torque last night so going through that.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Angry Diplomat posted:

Don't start out on the Bloodshed tree, it's really really lackluster until you're most of the way down it. The other two trees are good in different ways; the middle one is really good if you want to mix melee and guns, since it's got powerful buffs to both and it lets you be a dickbag ninja who runs around farting lightning and throwing kunai at peoples' dicks.

I'm gonna disagree with this. If you want to do up close and personal I recommend putting points into Killing Bl0w for the first tier. +500 percent melee damage to badly wounded enemies, it does wonders to tough enemies, bosses and badasses, especially if you have a bayonetted weapon. For the next tier I'd go with Grim since it lets you use Deception more often and is good for general killing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

The extra damage is great but I found that at low levels, my melee damage was mediocre anyway and multiplying it just made me somewhat kind of viable, as opposed to my wife's sniping Zero who was completely viable from word one. Might just be a varying mileage thing, I dunno.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I just found out there is going to be more Borderlands 2 DLC. I really don't know why with the PS4 and Xbox One coming out in four months. It'd make more sense to bundle it in to Borderlands 3.

Also if you're not having fun with Zer0 just switch to a different character.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I don't understand why, in a game that prides itself on how many gunz, gunz, and more gunz you can get in it, that so many people would not immediately go for the guy that can shoot the most guns at the same time.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

raditts posted:

I don't understand why, in a game that prides itself on how many gunz, gunz, and more gunz you can get in it, that so many people would not immediately go for the guy that can shoot the most guns at the same time.

I don't plan on going full on melee, but I loved the sniper rifles in the first one. I plan on using snipers rifles until it gets hairy, then cloaking into the frey with melee and shotguns, then maybe cloaking out if it gets messy. Maybe an assault rifle too when I find one I like.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

raditts posted:

Because guns have to be reloaded, which is a problem if you prefer to never stop the killing, never. It's great to know that reloading will never interrupt me, because it's rampage time all the time, and I've got a huge hand and a will to use it. More guns is great and all but you gotta think big. Big.

:colbert:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

raditts posted:

:hfive:

Angry Diplomat posted:

Because guns have to be reloaded, which is a problem if you prefer to never stop the killing, never. It's great to know that reloading will never interrupt me, because it's rampage time all the time, and I've got a huge hand and a will to use it. More guns is great and all but you gotta think big. Big.

:colbert:

SOLUTION: Use Tediore guns, then club your enemies to death with the empties.:black101:

God I hope I can afford a new HDD soon. :(

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
New codes from facebook, they're for one of the new D&D classmods for Axton. I don't know why anybody should care because Axton's sucks, but here ya go!

XBOX: CB5BT-T3JJ3-S6HTX-C63TJ-CSKSK
PS3: WT5TJ-6ZJ9J-SH5WJ-SBWTT-693S6

Across the next couples days or so we'll be seeing them for the other characters too, which is when it might get worthwhile when we get Salvador's.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

A white true neutral ranger class mod, gee thanks Gearbox! Sold that poo poo immediately.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

raditts posted:

I used to think Salvador was boring.

Then I actually tried playing with Salvador. Salvador made non-shotgun Torgue guns so much loving fun and in the end isn't that what matters most?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm having a bitch of a time with with Voracidious the Invincible, the one where you open a gate and fight him in a field, then the gate closes, and if you die, you cant open the gate and rejoin your teammates. Everyone has to die before the gate can be reopened. We all keep dying, and people quit, and the new people join and don't understand how the gate works. This one guy joined, and managed to get squashed to death by standing under the gate, then after reviving, he ran through the gate way ahead of everybody and had to fight the boss alone and of course died, then he ragequit, probably because we thought we weren't trying to help him. Ugh. I lost 150k in 10 minutes.

I spent an hour solo'ing my way back to him to try beating him by myself, and that didn't work out too good.

Can someone high level join me and help whoop his rear end? I'm on XBL. If not i'll just have to try again in 5 levels or something. I'm lvl 39. I love how it says this lvl 34 mission is trivial difficulty.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

So I just found out there is going to be more Borderlands 2 DLC. I really don't know why with the PS4 and Xbox One coming out in four months. It'd make more sense to bundle it in to Borderlands 3.

Also if you're not having fun with Zer0 just switch to a different character.

Well they aren't going to release Borderlands 3 straight away are they? The DLC released thus far has presumably been popular enough to make them think making more will be worthwhile. There'll be loads of people playing the current consoles for awhile to come as well. Where was this announcement anyway?

Barnes
Jul 20, 2003
raeg agniast teh machiese

ChocNitty posted:

I'm having a bitch of a time with with Voracidious the Invincible, the one where you open a gate and fight him in a field, then the gate closes, and if you die, you cant open the gate and rejoin your teammates. Everyone has to die before the gate can be reopened. We all keep dying, and people quit, and the new people join and don't understand how the gate works. This one guy joined, and managed to get squashed to death by standing under the gate, then after reviving, he ran through the gate way ahead of everybody and had to fight the boss alone and of course died, then he ragequit, probably because we thought we weren't trying to heWlp him. Ugh. I lost 150k in 10 minutes.

I spent an hour solo'ing my way back to him to try beating him by myself, and that didn't work out too good.

Can someone high level join me and help whoop his rear end? I'm on XBL. If not i'll just have to try again in 5 levels or something. I'm lvl 39. I love how it says this lvl 34 mission is trivial difficulty.

What's your GT?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Just gonna go ahead and say the Florentine is my new favorite gun, especially on a shock-specced Gaige

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

Well they aren't going to release Borderlands 3 straight away are they? The DLC released thus far has presumably been popular enough to make them think making more will be worthwhile. There'll be loads of people playing the current consoles for awhile to come as well. Where was this announcement anyway?

I heard it second hand, it was talked about on the latest Nerdist podcast http://www.nerdist.com/2013/07/nerdist-podcast-randy-pitchford/

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah, I took a sniping zero all the way to lvl 61 and while its fun one-shotting dudes on UVHM, speccing so much into damage skills leaves him very vulnerable and I got real frustrated with him on many occasions. The other day I respecced into melee and its like I breathed new life into him. It was so much fun just dancing around and cutting dudes up. I don't think I'm fully geared into it yet but he's doing decent in the tiny tina DLC with only a few bumps in the road.

On a somewhat related note, I used to hate hammerlock's DLC when I went through it with my zero. Blasting through it with my siren has been way more fun. I used to think that those witch doctors were the bitchiest enemies ever, but she makes them look like total pussies. Slaglock + bee shield + sand hawk = :black101:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope that Borderlands won't be a once a year or once every two years series. Please don't let Gearbox turn it into that.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Anyone need any help I'm on right now with poo poo to do

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did they ever fix the bug in Hammerlock where the rare animals quest would lose your progress?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Anybody got a Legendary soldier mod in the 30s and/or some nice Torgues in the late 30s and feeling generous, add me. 360: kr0jar

Forgot how painful TVHM is after Sanctuary takes off and haven't found poo poo for loot :negative:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

raditts posted:

This is what I did. No regrets :frog:.

The Rampage tree is fantastic since if you properly spec it most fights will not require you to ever stop gunzerking (and if you have to you'll be back to zerking quickly). But during my Normal playthrough I did a lot of Brawn skills, and that was a blast.

Also, killed Terramorphous with FutileStunt's help tonight. I'd farmed The Bee before work today, so I imagine that helped at least a bit. You can cause so much damage with a good shotgun, Money Shot, slag, and The Bee.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dr.Smasher posted:

Just gonna go ahead and say the Florentine is my new favorite gun, especially on a shock-specced Gaige

Too bad seraph is so hard to get in UVHM and they don't let you cheese it like TORGUE TOKENS.

Is there an easier way than getting to 61 and going after raid bosses for weeks to get enough for a Florentine?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Ancient Dragon of Destruction are probably the easiest raid boss to kill in this game so far. And that's "legitimately". You can cheese them with that new drunk gun and its a complete joke. Weeks? You could get enough Seraph crystals for a Flourentine in about an hour or two. Not counting someone duping it for you.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, Krojar sorry about missing your message. Yeah I'll dupe that thing back to you next time I see you on.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Thought-locking Maya is my favorite way to play at the moment. With a Binder class mod + bone of the ancients relic I can phaselock baddies for about 15 seconds with an 8 second cooldown. It is too much fun having Badasses distract the room while you mow things down.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So has anyone else had this bug I've got where I can't see the weapons in my inventory? Top of my list is relics, I have to select a weapon I have equipped and that lets me see my weapons, sounds small but it gets annoying fast especially for dropping stuff.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You can cheese them with that new drunk gun and its a complete joke.

How do you abuse the Grog Nozzle, anyway? I played with it a bit on my Krieg and it was a pain in the rear end to get much use out of it, since it seemed to take forever to trigger the drunk status, and that would wear off in like three seconds.

On an unrelated note, I need to try an explosives specialist Krieg build. I'm at the point now where my dynamite sticks in Light The Fuse are out-damaging pretty much all of my other guns in terms of DPS. A DPUH or Ogre or Seeker or something would be goddamn nuts with a beefy Crunch class mod and the right skills. For maximum styling upon, I could carry a Nukem around and fire a Grog Nozzle Nukem shot for six giant mushroom-cloud producing missiles. Bonus points if I go into FFYL before they detonate for that sweet doubled Strip the Flesh damage bonus :getin:

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 10, 2013

• Locked thread