Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I spoke to a friend today who works for adidas and he said that next years kits (season 14/15) will all be very heavily influenced by the 80s, so prepare yourselves for some utter shite and awesomeness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I spoke to a friend today who works for adidas and he said that next years kits (season 14/15) will all be very heavily influenced by the 80s, so prepare yourselves for some utter shite and awesomeness

I am well excited for this. Don't let me down.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

In the case of the Albion this is actually encouraging. Please bring back yellow and green you fuckers.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I thought everything in Germany was heavily influenced by the 1980s

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What were the 80s like? As far as influencing next year's shirts I mean.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bring back the Milan Devil badge imo

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

jyrka posted:

Tiny shorts is my guess.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

New Lazio and Chievo kits. The Chievo home isn't too different from last years but the away is, that's the crest of Cangrande Della Scala on it, the famous lord of Verona (that's also an image of his statue on the home). I think it's pretty cool for a bunch of shite fuckers.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

New Lazio and Chievo kits. The Chievo home isn't too different from last years but the away is, that's the crest of Cangrande Della Scala on it, the famous lord of Verona (that's also an image of his statue on the home). I think it's pretty cool for a bunch of shite fuckers.

Love those Lazio kits.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Love those Lazio kits.

One of the few good things about Lazio is that Lotito doesn't like sponsors on the shirt and rarely lets one get put on.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Is that an Italian Air Force roundel on the right shoulder of those Lazio kits? :swoon:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

Is that an Italian Air Force roundel on the right shoulder of those Lazio kits? :swoon:

It's the Coppa Italia badge but yes, it's the same thing.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Macron have been doing a great job with the recent Lazio shirts, I like how the 3rd shirt has the matching color crest to mix it up a bit.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

jyrka posted:

Well Liverpool had some awesome pinstripes and grey aways, but of course Warrior now make our shirts so we'll have love hearts or flames or those loving flaps on skydiving suits.

Mostly it just seems to be a lot of weird patterns.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

EvilHawk posted:

Well Liverpool had some awesome pinstripes and grey aways, but of course Warrior now make our shirts so we'll have love hearts or flames or those loving flaps on skydiving suits.

Mostly it just seems to be a lot of weird patterns.

Gloryholes on the shorts maybe

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

jyrka posted:

Awesome.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Are they bringing back short shorts?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Get rid of shin guards and everyone wear their socks down around their ankles imo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

Are they bringing back short shorts?

I'd rather see the short shorts than the ludicrously long shorts they're rolling out nowadays.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Warrior ahead of the pack with this seasons abominations

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I hope theres powder blue goalkeeper shirts with huge shoulder pads and rolled up sleeves miami vice style.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Good work Nike, that is brilliant.

Why is this not on a player running out of blue smoke?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/royals-in-new-shorts-deal-906611.aspx

Reading have announced an official short sponsor for the new season. We now have a front of shirt sponsor, a back of shirt sponsor and a shorts sponsor who will all have logos on our kit.

Are we the first English club to have a short sponsor? Can totally see us going Swedish and having 12 different sponsors on our kit by 2015.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Gigi Galli posted:

These are some gorgeous gorgeous kits right here.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Are we the first English club to have a short sponsor? Can totally see us going Swedish and having 12 different sponsors on our kit by 2015.

Nah, Championship clubs have been doing it for years now, Leeds were one of the first to do it if I remember right. I'm actually surprised it took this long to happen in the Prem, unless there were rules about it that have been relaxed a bit now.

Lamont Cranston posted:

:ssh: Reading aren't in the Prem

That's a very good point! I'd somehow managed to completely forget that they went down.

kippa fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 10, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

kippa posted:

Nah, Championship clubs have been doing it for years now, Leeds were one of the first to do it if I remember right. I'm actually surprised it took this long to happen in the Prem, unless there were rules about it that have been relaxed a bit now.

:ssh: Reading aren't in the Prem

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

As a Flamengo fan, I'm happy to hear this. The new Adidas kit was a let down.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

New kit sponsor is gonna be Commodore?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I have a terrible confession to make: not only did I recently buy a pair of Warrior Skreamers for (Australian) football match use, but I prefer them to my old Puma Kings.

Does this make me a bad person?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

I have a terrible confession to make: not only did I recently buy a pair of Warrior Skreamers for (Australian) football match use, but I prefer them to my old Puma Kings.

The worst person.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Troy Queef posted:

It means you like gloryholes. Ask yourself what that means.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Nah. It's all about fit and finish. Obviously they're not as subtle as Kings but if they feel good then that's what matters.

That said if I ever play soccer or Australian football again I'm buying some Copa Mundials because they're the best :colbert:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Homura posted:

It means you like gloryholes. Ask yourself what that means.

Technically on these boots they were called "murder holes".

And harperdc: they're actually quite comfortable and stable without crushing my toes, which I put down to the fact that Warrior is owned by New Balance and thus can use their running/track shoe designs and adapt them to football.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

And harperdc: they're actually quite comfortable and stable without crushing my toes, which I put down to the fact that Warrior is owned by New Balance and thus can use their running/track shoe designs and adapt them to football.

That's the only reason I'd consider even trying on a pair of Warrior boots, they're ridiculous, and I say that as someone who wears these...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnac posted:

That's the only reason I'd consider even trying on a pair of Warrior boots, they're ridiculous, and I say that as someone who wears these...

Now you're just making me want to start a Football Boots thread.

(I'd have done so already but I'm tired and am running on at least half a bottle of Pepto-Bismol.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Troy Queef posted:

Now you're just making me want to start a Football Boots thread.

You should, I need a pair and I don't want to clutter normal threads with dumb questions.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

You should, I need a pair and I don't want to clutter normal threads with dumb questions.

Doesn't normally stop you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnac posted:

I wore a pair of bright yellow boots for a year of high school rugby.

Games teacher called me bananaman and would laugh whenever I got murdered by the bigger kids.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

The greatest boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xeno posted:

The greatest boots.

Those got a limited re-release earlier this year.