Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Sonata Mused posted:

Is there a good IRC client to grab? All I've ever used are web clients.

I like Hexchat. It's an open source, GTK XChat fork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

NextTime000 posted:

you mean to tell me it will be easier to find rares for the classes I like to play by playing those classes!?
:wotwot:

and by "some" I hope they mean "all COs intended to have a Daily Timer" (DOs can still have a 24 hour timer so people don't double-up on them if they have the opportunity to) that would make doing :taco:s a bit easier on everyone

I figure it means all regular COs with a 24 hour timer, but the actual info doesn't specify. But yeah, it just makes sense to do it that way. People tend to play around the same time every day, so having 24 hour timers that start at turn in means that it drifts and you end up having to skip a day.

Hopefully the skill changes revamp some of the more terrible skills (lookin' at you Burn/Shock Boost).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

Like he said xirc works, I use pidgin myself because it supports all protocols under the sun, also, open source.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

Schubalts posted:

You are truly one of us, now.

The day before I spent all my money to wear leather and corsets

Sonata Mused posted:

I use IceChat, which is pretty good.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

you mean to tell me it will be easier to find rares for the classes I like to play by playing those classes!?
:wotwot:
Knowing Sega it'll just be some asinine boost like 10%. :v:

Also force rares skyrocket in supply because of exit burst efficiency.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

More info released in Ep. 2 preview.
Braver details:
There are two sets of skills, Beginner skills, and Advanced skills. Advanced skills are supposedly more powerful based on skillful application, but seeing how poo poo they are at balance, I'm skeptical.

New PAs/Techs:
Sword: Guilty Break, like Slide End, basically
Wired Lance: Wild Round, long range multiple hit attack
Partisan: Sacred Skewer, long range projectile attack like Sonic Arrow
Twin Dagger: Bloody Saraband, big X-shaped double slash
Double Saber: Deadly Circle, large area of effect medium range projectile attack
Knuckle: Backhand Smash, think Paul's Phoenix Fist from Tekken
Gunslash: Kreisen Shrahck(?, presumably German), short range spinning blade attack
Assault Rifle: Parallel Slider, basically Impact Slider in reverse
Launcher: Flame Bullet, medium range flame thrower, probably similar to One Point
Twin Machine Gun: Heel Stab, looks like a medium size point blank AoE
Techs: Na class techs for all elements, big and flashy; Zanverse, impossible to tell from the picture, possibly AoE knockback

Enemies:
bird darkers
plant monsters
various marine-themed monsters referred to as Neptunians

Support Partner:
Create your own NPC using the character creator interface
Send them out to clear certain client orders for you, even when you're offline

ARKS Road:
Basically a tutorial where you earn stamps by completing certain tasks and collect rewards.

Auto-equip feature:
Can be set in the equip menu to automatically equip the strongest items of a given type you currently have equipped.

24 hour COs will have the time reduced to 22 hours. Some kill and collect COs to have their requirements reduced. Unlocks for Kroto made easier. Unlocks for some other COs made easier. Rewards for some COs increased.

Some ET rewards improved.

Skill tree changes: Unlock requirements for Hunter S-ATK Up 2 and Flash Guard, and Ranger R-ATK Up 2 reduced (yawn).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So that whole thing about never playing alone is so critical.

I've tried this game a few times since OBT, usually each attempt starts with a friend or two saying "Hey, why not play PSO2? I know you'll enjoy it!" and then getting me roped in and dragging me up through to around level 5, with a sort of demeanor that says "Oh, whoops, I forgot that the early game is awful..."

Usually it simply ended around there. Most commonly, it ended right at the Forest Extermination mission with all of the Dagan. So this happened once again, and I figure this time I have to give it a fair shake since the first major expansion is about to drop. I suit up and set out.

First off, they've made all of the immediate start of the game missions far less of a drag. But that still doesn't mean it's any better to play alone. So since I happened to be streaming all of this, a viewer volunteered to join me on my still practically virgin experience with PSO2 proper.

Before I knew it, we were fending off giant orange monsters, manning a turret station to gun down dragon-creatures in a molten volcano interior, and fighting all kinds of wacky mobs. Then a system alert goes out and all of a sudden I'm in this big city with like 20 other people and the music is screaming BURNING RANGERS at me and I'm rescuing people from fires and fighting off even gianter monsters and it was super awesome :ssj:
Rather please with how things have been turning out, we then go back to our regular business of trying to chat up some locals and resuming the dungeon crawl and just having a good old time, but suddenly oh neat! A fancy digital ~idol~ is about to make a performance. So we go check out her sappy song and I discover the true horror that is Block 20, and not long after she disappeared back into her civilian hideyhole, the god drat final boss of the game is threatening to blow up our ship or something so we go fight his hands or something for an hour and i get some rare drops :pcgaming: and at the end of it all i'm level 20

This was my first real night of playing the game, and this happened in the span of a single 7-hour play session. Congratulations Sega, you successfully hooked me in the best way possible.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 10, 2013

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I've been tiptoeing around trying this out for ages, but then I found my PSP in the last couple of days and blasted through some PSP2i and it's just brought the craving all back. I don't know anyone who particularly plays it though - when are goon groups usually active?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stelas posted:

I don't know anyone who particularly plays it though - when are goon groups usually active?

Most often there's people on in Nol Vacancy. The group is.. full, at the moment, and we don't know yet if we can increase the member limit, but if you swing by the IRC channel we can hook you up with some friend invites or something.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, we're at capacity so we're going to have to cull pretty much most of the old members except the two that actually have shown up recently. The following player IDs have been affected:

MonopolyM
headcat
Sushi D
Tavistock
Elliotw2
Justicechi
Sun Tzulander
Dryzen
sandb
UScr00ge
OG Mike V
pil
Karona
Zand
Gully Foyle
Kirin70
2bad

If your player ID is on this and you want back in, just contact someone already in it. This is just in case I accidentally got someone who still plays.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Most often there's people on in Nol Vacancy.

Sorry, I meant more if I'm usually on GMT, are there going to be people around? Or is it largely EST/PST?

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Following up on Gogg's post, while we have room it's not a lot. So I've put together a list of names I haven't seen in a while. That being said: I need other people to look over it because they might play when I'm not on.
The question marks are for players that seem to have been recruited recently but whose names I've literally never seen (probably different timezone)

:confuoot: Potentially inactive players :confuoot:
rustyshakleford
Varrack
ScatmanJ0hn
Pointsman
Cerulark
Chilled Glass
pancakemonster
Tegiminis
Visceras
Hivac
MusicIsMath
gageblan?
Zerowrath?
BlazinZero
FunnyFatGuy

If your name is here and you're totally active please speak up. I can be an inattentive idiot.

Herb Stencil fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 21, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
TheChimpyMan is one of our new members, actually. He's not on as often as some of us, though.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Herb Stencil posted:

Silenced Parrot
rustyshakleford
Jehuty

Varrack
ScatmanJ0hn
Pointsman
Cerulark
Chilled Glass
pancakemonster
Tegiminis
Visceras
Hivac
MusicIsMath
gageblan?
Zerowrath?
Zeratanis?
BlazinZero
FunnyFatGuy
TheChimpyman?

I'm still gonna play once I get internet sorted at my new place. I'll be back on in the next week or so, if you need more room boot me for now.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Schubalts posted:

TheChimpyMan is one of our new members, actually. He's not on as often as some of us, though.

Jehuti posted:

I'm still gonna play once I get internet sorted at my new place. I'll be back on in the next week or so, if you need more room boot me for now.

No worries on either front. Removed from the list.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Could I get an invite? I have yet to team with people in this game and I'll be damned if I try a random PUG. Same name in game.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Stelas posted:

Sorry, I meant more if I'm usually on GMT, are there going to be people around? Or is it largely EST/PST?

I'm EST but my sleep scheduled is hosed so I may be on at any hour of the day. Usually play late nights and early mornings, though.

Also, now's a good chance to get into it, what with all the free poo poo we're getting for Ep. 2. Everyone gets a free character slot and a free skill reset on the 17th and it's basically non-stop events leading up to it.

Emalde posted:

So that whole thing about never playing alone is so critical.

Honestly, I kind of like playing alone. Multi-Party areas can be really fun, but boss fights are so much more satisfying to solo or duo. It's just plain hard to go toe-to-toe with a boss in a party because the skill effects make it hard to really see what's going on. It's especially bad against smaller bosses like Personas where you literally cannot see them in Multi-Party areas because all the special effects wind up being bigger than they are. And it one shots me with some of it's attacks...

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 10, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Stelas posted:

I've been tiptoeing around trying this out for ages, but then I found my PSP in the last couple of days and blasted through some PSP2i and it's just brought the craving all back. I don't know anyone who particularly plays it though - when are goon groups usually active?

Are you talking about people who play PSO2, or PSP2I? I still play PSP2I, but I got banned from online. :sweatdrop:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Handgun Harlot posted:

Are you talking about people who play PSO2, or PSP2I? I still play PSP2I, but I got banned from online. :sweatdrop:

PSO2, sorry. Last I heard PSP2I was pretty dead and my wireless is spotty as hell anyway. Not that I'm letting that stop me from grinding away at it all over again.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
So I can't join the team since I'm in my own to play with my usual MMO friends, but what block of ship 2 do goons usually play in? I doubt I'll run into anyone playing open areas of course, but I jump between block 6 and 20 depending on what's full, so I'm curious what block do you guys regular?

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Overlord K posted:

So I can't join the team since I'm in my own to play with my usual MMO friends, but what block of ship 2 do goons usually play in? I doubt I'll run into anyone playing open areas of course, but I jump between block 6 and 20 depending on what's full, so I'm curious what block do you guys regular?

10 is generally popular with us, or whatever number is after 10 if it's filled.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The thing with blocks is that they're divvied up based on content, so if you're planning on doing something involving multiparty play or don't have 4 people lined up, then being on an appropriate block will make your life a lot easier. The reverse is also true if you have 12 players and don't want any random pubbies wandering into your team-only multiparty.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Protocol 5 posted:

The thing with blocks is that they're divvied up based on content, so if you're planning on doing something involving multiparty play or don't have 4 people lined up, then being on an appropriate block will make your life a lot easier. The reverse is also true if you have 12 players and don't want any random pubbies wandering into your team-only multiparty.

Can't you just make your multiparty passworded?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Schubalts posted:

That's my brother. He's been busy with work a lot lately, but we're both around level 20-ish now. Being British (and working flexible/variable hours), we're both online earlier than most of the US players.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I think the ones we're on most often are 2, 6, and 10 depending on what difficulty people are on, as stated above. I and most of us try and avoid 20 because it tends to be insufferable.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

fuxxo posted:

Can't you just make your multiparty passworded?

You can, but sometimes it will throw random people into a room that's not full yet if there's no open slots in other rooms. The only way to prevent it totally is to make sure you have 12 people and all join the same room at the same time, or block multiparty if you only want to do 4-man. It's mainly an issue on high traffic blocks.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, that grind boost is no joke. Got a 9* weapon potential lv.2 with 500k (counting 3 80k a pop spheres because I used all I had to make 75% boosts)

Colorblind Panda
Oct 4, 2009

Herb Stencil posted:

Silenced Parrot

If your name is here and you're totally active please speak up. I can be an inattentive idiot.

Things have been a bit hectic lately so we haven't had much time to play. We plan on playing a lot again by the time the new patch is out though. I'm Luna/Toad and Parrot is Leaf, if people don't recognize parrot.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Quick note on upcoming Fighter balance changes in mid-August: Twin Dagger Gear will increase damage more, Knuckles will have fewer frames of immobility after a hit.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
I'm going to stream Extreme Quests now. First Tower including the new 10 floors. http://www.twitch.tv/aenslaed

Doing it as a RA/HU. This is what passes for end game content right now. First few floors are easy, then it gets silly.

Edit: Finishing up the last 5 floors at 9 EDT.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 11, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

That reminds me to burn through all X passes while drop rates are doubled.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

nerdz posted:

Oh man, that grind boost is no joke. Got a 9* weapon potential lv.2 with 500k (counting 3 80k a pop spheres because I used all I had to make 75% boosts)
You're telling me. I +10'd five 10* weapons this morning.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

A 10% boost at +7 and above is a huge increase in success rate.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

If I'm getting error 12152 every 25Mb I download, does that mean I should be trying to use one of the two all-in-one downloaders in the OP instead?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Stelas posted:

If I'm getting error 12152 every 25Mb I download, does that mean I should be trying to use one of the two all-in-one downloaders in the OP instead?

Yes, that's your best bet.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
I dragged some of the new guys through a Falz run, and then we didn't have anything better to do, so we danced.

Later, there was some super sick washing machines at Mewnie's house, which we totally did not use for our hype rave

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
Can someone help me understand the lilipa time attack shortcut, and if it's possible to do it easily with 2 people?

When you press the blue button, then the green button, the two short cut buttons will appear at E3. When the two buttons are pressed, the short cut catapult/jump pad appears right?
So is it possible that one guy waits at E3, while the other guy goes and press the blue button, then the green button? When the E3 shortcut buttons appear, the guy waiting there presses both of them?

Are there any catches? Like do the short cut buttons appear after BOTH blue and green buttons are pressed, or does one short cut button appear immediately after the corresponding button is pressed?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
That is actually just about the best way I imagine you can do them. Both the blue and green button are on timers, and each activates one of the two shortcut buttons at E3. It's actually quite enough time to go from blue to green if the way is clear, but I believe less leeway to go from green to the two shortcut buttons.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The green button has a way shorter timer, yes. You'd have to absolutely book it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

You can do the Lillipa shortcut solo, even. The timer for the green button is around 10 seconds or thereabouts, while the blue button is about 1 minute.

For solo, you want to do the green one first, since the red laser fence separating the two routes doesn't drop until both buttons have been pressed, and trip the lasers traps before stepping on the button so you don't have to worry about dodging them on your way out. Head for E3 as fast as possible and hit the green button there. Then jump in the teleporter near where the Gilnas and Gilnatch spawned, do the blue route, hit the button and head directly for E3 now that the red fence is down.

For two people, have the guy doing the green route activate the green buttons in E2 and E3 first, then have the guy on the blue route hit his button, after which the guy waiting in E3 can hit the corresponding button there to spawn the catapult.

• Locked thread