Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The reason why God created dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpMtSG05EI

I swear, my eyes are just tired because I've been up for so long.

Also, god drat I love dogs so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

"Wow, that's a lot of stuffed panda plush-

wait

oh my god

Oh my God

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And then they all wake up and start walking towards you, except they keep getting in the way and end up bumping into/falling over each other.

Any films of baby pandas walking available?

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
A really :unsmith:/:3: video I stumbled across about the day in the life of a corgi from waking up to going to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDapCmHRBM

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
http://www.wimp.com/kittensnap/

Kittens on pig plush. I don't even know what to say.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Josef bugman posted:

And then they all wake up and start walking towards you, except they keep getting in the way and end up bumping into/falling over each other.

Any films of baby pandas walking available?

Probably, but I got distracted by a video of pandas playing in that crib while looking for one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRKzL96yb6I

anathenema
Apr 8, 2009
I would like to see more piglets, please.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

anathenema posted:

Sorry, all I could find was this novelty squeak toy:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

anathenema posted:

A Boy Named Sooie

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I got a Facebook comment from my grandmother!

She wrote it out and then mailed it to me via USPS.

In her comment/letter, it is clear that she believes Facebook is some sort of internet magazine her friends and family put out. She is endlessly entertained by our "blurbs."

I kinda thought this was the case when her letter two weeks ago had "Like" and a drawing of a thumbs-up on it and asked who all these "readers" (my Facebook friends she doesn't know) are, they seem to like me so much.

Years ago when we got her AOL in her apartment, she would send us e-mail forwards by printing them out and sending them via USPS. We figured she would find an iPad a lot easier to figure out.

My grandmother is so adorable I could scream.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
What people in several countries think different animals sound like:
http://vimeo.com/25215616

So in everywhere but Japan, cats say meow. :3:

(So if cats say Nya in Japan, does that mean Nyan Cat is...like...Meow Cat?)

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

AltoidsAddict posted:

In her comment/letter, it is clear that she believes Facebook is some sort of internet magazine her friends and family put out. She is endlessly entertained by our "blurbs."

I kinda thought this was the case when her letter two weeks ago had "Like" and a drawing of a thumbs-up on it and asked who all these "readers" (my Facebook friends she doesn't know) are, they seem to like me so much.

Years ago when we got her AOL in her apartment, she would send us e-mail forwards by printing them out and sending them via USPS. We figured she would find an iPad a lot easier to figure out.

Hahah awww... :3: I remember when my Gramma got FaceCrack and was leaving messages on my wall. "SILVER? ARE YOU THERE? ANSWER ME, HONEY!"

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

AltoidsAddict posted:

You have the cutest little grandma.

My grandma was also pretty cute. She found out I liked pokemon so she learned all their names and types and moves and watched several VHS tapes of the show just so we could talk about pikachu. Not even my parents ever figured out what the hell a butterfree was. Oh, grams.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AltoidsAddict posted:

I tried to explain what Facebook was to my 85 year old grandfather last year at a cook out. I think what we ended up going with was that it was a shareable online scrapbook.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

The ancient Egyptians gave onomatopoeic names to some animals. Their word for the cat was "miew".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Another cat on another head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExZ0i04pSeY

A ninja Maru

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

DrBouvenstein posted:

That is exactly what it is, yeah. The accompanying song is the equivalent of someone singing a song just made entirely of saying "meow" over and over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I tried to explain what Facebook was to my 85 year old grandfather last year at a cook out. I think what we ended up going with was that it was a shareable online scrapbook.

Thats a pretty good analogy. Or a bulletin board full of post-it notes and photos.

SciFunk
Mar 2, 2006
Libertas per scientiam.
It's way too hot where I am. Here is 40 seconds of a fluffball snow dog chasing a ball in the snow, snorting excitedly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-zLVFSIdVc

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Wombats are severely underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crjKYkAdiSQ

wanna rub dat belly

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anathenema posted:

Here you go:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7leMctSTMc
:kimchi:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23261505

quote:

A kitten has been found in a box on a London Underground train.

The tiny ball of dark fur - thought to be four weeks old - was handed to staff who passed her on to the animal charity Blue Cross.

Veterinary nurses cleaned up the young cat, who was found on Monday at about 21:00 BST covered in a sticky substance.

They named her Victoria after the central London station where she was found.

She was found on the District Line train by a passenger who then handed her over to station staff.

A spokesman for the charity, based near to Victoria station, said: "It is a mystery as to why she was left on her own, without her mum or possible littermates.

"Little Victoria is certainly one of the most unusual items of lost property handed in to London Underground."

London Underground said: "We see a lot of lost property at Victoria station, but it isn't usually so wriggly!

"This poor little kitten needed urgent care so we were glad the Blue Cross were nearby to step in and help little Victoria. We are all really pleased that she is in such good health."

Because the kitten is so young and should be feeding from her mother, the nurses have been hand feeding her and providing round-the-clock care.

Victoria is doing well, the charity said, and will be transferred to its rehoming centre in Lewknor, Oxfordshire, next week.

:3:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

What people in several countries think different animals sound like:
http://vimeo.com/25215616

A-ha, so Gob does know what a chicken sounds like, just not in English.

Edit: I loving lost it at "humba humba".

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Hakkesshu posted:

A-ha, so Gob does know what a chicken sounds like, just not in English.

Yeah, but they still don't clap.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Today is pretty lovely so far so I'm browsing the archives of my favorite Twitter feed. Have some cute, thread.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Feel better soon, Disco Lion. Hope these help. :shobon:

Pied Falconets

In addition, my sister got married. That's it. Just thinking of it makes me all warm. She just got married to an amazing guy who I already feel like I've known my whole life and makes her unbelievably happy. Oh, and I guess I got to visit my family in ~Hawaii~. :dance:

Veggie Patties
Apr 22, 2010

Before I felt fine,
but now I feel weird.

Oh that is adawrable! :3: And a good idea for winter. Wanna stuff my coat with 10 purring cats to stay warm. :kimchi: :kimchi:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

This helped so much, thank you. Kitty gets warm little nook to sleep in AND a hand is right there for petting at all times. :3: And congratulations to your sister!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8G4YgQyEMk

Waking up; a difficult time for us all :3:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Capybaaaaaaaabies :kimchi:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLqP8g-uVJ0

There's something about the crazy energy and wild abandon in this performance that always picks me way up. I can't even remember who showed it to me originally. I'm glad it's still around for people to enjoy.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Just a girl on the subway showin' off her sexy legs.

Well, a certain definition of sexy.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
On today's It Came from the Archives...

... dogs with glasses! I think these are goondogs, so if you recognize your dog here, you should put glasses on them again so we can see then and now. :3:

This last one's not from the archives or a goon afaik, but you're not gonna complain, are you? :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Aww Oliver!!! It makes me so fuzzy that someone saved his pic. Happy feels :3:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

Whoa! Long lost cousins! I have never seen (saw?) another cat with similar markings before.

We adopted Pikkukoira a year and a few months ago, she is so unique and silly. They thought she was about seven or eight years old, and when we got her all her hair was shaved off because of matting (she was a stray). She also has a pellet permanently lodged in her right side from someone shooting her at some point, she was probably stray for quite a while. She is so sweet and goofy, I've never met a cat like her before, and she fits so perfectly with our family.

Compare:

She is old but she still looks like a kitten:

• Locked thread