Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
A BLT is just a bacon sandwich when you get down to it. The only difference is how much the eater is lying to themselves.

What I'm saying here is make a spin off comic about Bacon. tia Gigi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

The GIG posted:

A BLT is just a bacon sandwich when you get down to it. The only difference is how much the eater is lying to themselves.

What I'm saying here is make a spin off comic about Bacon. tia Gigi.
Maybe to someone who doesn't like veggies--some people do, and think the ingredients actually compliment each other in the sandwich. drat, now I want a BLT sandwich. But anyway, Bacon can be a fun character sometimes.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Raserys posted:

He'll be the Vivian of the group.

...Which raises some interesting questions, considering the Japanese version...

It took me far too long to realise you were talking about Paper Mario: TYD and not The Young Ones.

Could Bacon eat a television?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Popo posted:

Could Bacon eat a television?

A Donut Kingdom TV? Yes.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-88/

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And that's the last time anyone heard of Bacon. The end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it strangely upsetting Bacon's getting yelled at, dudes like a puppy apparently. Also Tomato's really got that "talk while gritting your teeth" thing down huh?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I hope that Bacon joins the party. He's really one of the best characters.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah this is about what I'd expect from a bully like Tomato.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Cucumber Quest is one of the few webcomics I still bother following, and decided to make some fanmusic for it. Hope you guys like it!

The idea is making a song for each Princess of Dreamside as they’re introduced, and then stringing them together into a medley. Here’s Nautilus, and at the end you can here a bit of Princess Piano’s eventual theme. Parfait will probably be at the end, because something so offensively French will have to have sufficient buildup.

I tried to make it cheery and happy, since it's Nautilus, but I tried to make it at least a little regal and professional too. I mean, she is a princess.

It'll probably be forever until we learn all of the princesses, but WHATEVER MAN.

I'm still doing this and just finished Piano's with Parfait on the way. I like how it turned out.

Also Nautilus' was reblogged by Gigi and I'm sorta proud about that anyway.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Boy, I do love a nice LT on rye.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-365/

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I imagine Lettuce will be pleased with this new arrangement.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, at least Tomato doesn't hoverhand :v:

Poor Bacon... he'll disappear from the story until the last chapter, where he's revealed as the final Disaster Master.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm hoping we follow his goofy antics trying to get by on his own until he becomes the party's joke character.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I'm hoping that Bacon sets off on his own all disconsolately and as the story progresses he keeps appearing in the backgrounds way off in the distance having crazy adventures foisted upon him that are way more ridiculous than what's happening to the main party.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zero_Tactility posted:

I'm hoping that Bacon sets off on his own all disconsolately and as the story progresses he keeps appearing in the backgrounds way off in the distance having crazy adventures foisted upon him that are way more ridiculous than what's happening to the main party.

Like Luigi in TTYD? I could see Gigi doing that, but I'm sure whatever she has in mind will be more creative.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What an utter prick. I hope come endgame he is bloody well given what for by Bacon.

As a side, it is so amazing how one completely correct observation has turned everyone around on Bacon.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Was Bacon hated or something before? I was under the impression that he was pretty well-liked.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you mean, "turned everyone around"? We've always loved Bacon.

Raserys, I don't get the reference, mind explaining :saddowns:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Raserys posted:

Was Bacon hated or something before? I was under the impression that he was pretty well-liked.

I was under the (mistaken, apparently) impression that he was viewed as something of a creep.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Tollymain posted:

Raserys, I don't get the reference, mind explaining :saddowns:

Uhh the one about Bacon's goofy antics? I dunno, I just thought of it off the top of my head. Maybe I subconsciously grabbed it from some other RPG! Or Paper Mario since that seems to be the most frequent explanation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConanThe3rd posted:

I was under the (mistaken, apparently) impression that he was viewed as something of a creep.

Tomato is a creep. Bacon is a goofy, childish glutton.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Notice how Lettuce is blushing when Tomato pulls her close :blush:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

Tomato is a creep. Bacon is a goofy, childish glutton.

Ah, it was his bio being simply NO which might be what muddled me.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ah, it was his bio being simply NO which might be what muddled me.
Bacon is the joke character that everyone in the comic hates for some reason but we all love anyway.

Like Boxbot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ummmmm Boxbot is terrible though.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Awww, poor Bacon. He just wanted to be part of a team :(

Hopefully by the time Cucumber Quest ends he's gonna beat up Sir Tomato, or at least be the new boss.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
So, this is a few months old, but holy poo poo, how did I miss this before now.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
GiGi has the best tweets. :allears:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Man I remember cracking up at those but I don't remember her doing so many! gigi is wonderful.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Man I remember cracking up at those but I don't remember her doing so many! gigi is wonderful.

quote:

MY WEBCOMIC'S PRETTY GOOD, READ IT IMHO "but it looks like it's for babies" YOU'RE FOR BABIES

is just such a wonderful tweet.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
My favorites are those two:

quote:

*puts on mask* hey i'm nintendo of america president reggie fils-aime. i fully support gigi d.g.'s webcomic cucumber quest and u should too

quote:

ONLY.........ON WII U *JAMS AN ENTIRE CQ BOOK INTO THE DISC SLOT, THE PAGES GET ALL BENT AND IT PROBABLY BREAKS THE CONSOLE* NEW EXPERICNESN

Her twitter feed is a comedy goldmine.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raserys posted:

Uhh the one about Bacon's goofy antics? I dunno, I just thought of it off the top of my head. Maybe I subconsciously grabbed it from some other RPG! Or Paper Mario since that seems to be the most frequent explanation.

No I mean what is a Vivian

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tollymain posted:

No I mean what is a Vivian

A party member from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door that was a member of the resident recurring bad guy trio that deflected from her sisters and became a party member.

I guess that was spoilers but it was an old game and it doesn't really ruin anything.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
And here's, more specifically, the part Raserys made a cryptic comment about earlier. (I had to look it up myself.)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Luminous Obscurity posted:

GiGi has the best tweets. :allears:

Didn't she win a contest or something for a tweet she made about how the relationship system in Fire Emblem is silly?

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
She won an art book for that and I will be forever jealous.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
No joke, I followed Gigi on twitter months before I started reading Cucumber Quest just because she tweets the best tweets.
Also, on that album, the fourth-to-last tweet isn't as funny without Nedroid's tweet, but I can't be assed to find it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm sorry I just wanted to make a dumb joke :(

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!
If it's any consolation to you, I got your joke. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Didn't she win a contest or something for a tweet she made about how the relationship system in Fire Emblem is silly?

Man, I remember ranting about her army of animes and breeding them but what was the prize winner? I'm tempted to sign up to twitter just to follow her.