Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

At first I kind of regretted reading through One's untranslated version to see what happened, but after getting to re-read his stuff in English, I've realized just how many amazing things we get to see Murata draw in the future. Can't wait. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
This thread is getting pretty confusing between the Murata and One versions

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I like how [One spoiler]it ended up with Saitama being the "human hero" while Garou being the "human monster" all the while the heroes association is fighting the monsters association.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This is great. (One)"Serious Strike."

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 10, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

pinegala posted:

This thread is getting pretty confusing between the Murata and One versions
Might help if everyone add a (One) next to their post for talking about One's version. Thanks in advance.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
(One)The Hot Pot battle is my most anticipated Murata scene. It's going to be, without any doubt, the most hot blooded fight scene in the manga and I would be perfectly fine if a whole chapter was devoted to it. :supaburn:

Saitama's Infinite Combo induction is a close second, though.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
In fact, it would be easier on my willpower if we had a seperate thread entirely...

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

A jargogle posted:

In fact, it would be easier on my willpower if we had a seperate thread entirely...

Given that Murata's version is essentially the Anime adaptation of One's manga, I second this

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

(one) Chapter 60

Various monsters get their poo poo wrecked by the hero association it seems the eye guy in charge tried to match them up with ability but probably a bad idea, I like pig god at the end just shoving the great food tub into his gullet like "no"

Also Chapter 61

Darkshine is going to be sweet in Murata's version, and Class A's cannot compete it seems.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 11, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AtomikKrab posted:

(one) Chapter 60

Various monsters get their poo poo wrecked by the hero association it seems the eye guy in charge tried to match them up with ability but probably a bad idea, I like pig god at the end just shoving the great food tub into his gullet like "no"

[url=http://www.batoto.net/read/_/181900/onepunch-man-one_ch61_by_anonymous[/url] Also Chapter 61[/url]

Darkshine is going to be sweet in Murata's version, and Class A's cannot compete it seems.

I blazed through all of this yesterday. It's like Christmas. Can't wait for Murata to catch up...or reach this point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

(one) Chapter 60

Also Chapter 61

(ONE version)Slicing Sheman is quite a name, I imagine the LGBT community wouldn't like that too much. Is that how it is in Japanese or is it all the translator?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ONE: Darkshine seems to be a combination of someone using the powers of blackness and cockroaches to be a hero.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
OK at this point I think we need a separate thread for the ONE version. Someone make one.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Zorak posted:

OK at this point I think we need a separate thread for the ONE version. Someone make one.

You got it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Well, this thread inspired me to read this, then I finally caught up and all I see is something called "One". Anyway, I don't have much to contribute yet except to say this manga is awesome, if a bit repetitive.

But now that I see there's this "One" thing (the original I guess?) I feel like I'm watching the anime and have to deal with manga spoilers. I'm glad a new thread was just made. A lot of the panels are drawn that it feels like an anime as well.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shadow0 posted:

But now that I see there's this "One" thing (the original I guess?) I feel like I'm watching the anime and have to deal with manga spoilers.
Pretty much, yes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shadow0 posted:

Well, this thread inspired me to read this, then I finally caught up and all I see is something called "One". Anyway, I don't have much to contribute yet except to say this manga is awesome, if a bit repetitive.

But now that I see there's this "One" thing (the original I guess?) I feel like I'm watching the anime and have to deal with manga spoilers. I'm glad a new thread was just made. A lot of the panels are drawn that it feels like an anime as well.

We should probably mention that this is basically the anime version.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

ONE is the author of this manga, Murata is the illustator.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The raw of 34 is out. If you cant wait, this is an action chapter and not a story heavy chapter, so you can probably just jump right in: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/34/

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meme Emulator posted:

The raw of 34 is out. If you cant wait, this is an action chapter and not a story heavy chapter, so you can probably just jump right in: http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/34/

Coming back from binging on ONE's art this is refreshing. The last page, ittttt'ssss timeeeeee.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's a lot of action but the dialogue is great and really important to the chapter. It's one of my favorite chapters from the original and you should really wait to experience it translated first to get the full impact.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AnonSpore posted:

It's a lot of action but the dialogue is great and really important to the chapter. It's one of my favorite chapters from the original and you should really wait to experience it translated first to get the full impact.

I dunno, I sorta had fun making up my own story when I was reading the original webcomic right before a new chapter came out. Just to see how different it ended up being.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

You're in luck, since the translation to that chapter has also come out.
http://boonscanlations.blogspot.com/2013/07/opm-chapter-26.html

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

golden bubble posted:

You're in luck, since the translation to that chapter has also come out.
http://boonscanlations.blogspot.com/2013/07/opm-chapter-26.html

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/183411/onepunch-man_ch26_by_boon-scanlation

And the batoto link for online viewers.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Maybe my memory is bad but "Nice fight" might be the nicest thing Saitama has to anyone so far.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Popo posted:

Maybe my memory is bad but "Nice fight" might be the nicest thing Saitama has to anyone so far.

I dunno about it being the nicest thing, but it is certainly the most respect he has shown to anyone.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

I dunno about it being the nicest thing, but it is certainly the most respect he has shown to anyone.

Makes sense, Rider just acted exactly how Saitama expects a hero to act. Heck he actually wants to find a foe worthy of that kind of battle.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Licenseless Rider is the best hero.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Serious Frolicking posted:

Maybe he'll let him in on his secret and he'll believe him and become more just like that other salary dude who featured a while back. Regardless, Licenseless Rider is a cool guy. Nice to see the one of the few heroes who actually acts like one is a reference to the original Kamen Rider.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:suspense:

After months of build up Saitama finally will be loving poo poo up, that panels showing Genos' condition made me cringe and agreed, Licenless Rider is the best hero so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wouldn't call this the anime of One's version, I'd call it the movie of it. Hot :drat: this art.

Goku Klux Klan
Mar 15, 2004
Obligatory Custom Title
So yea reading that comic, just went back and forth between the opening pages where Sea King punches Genos. That is some amazing drawing going on there, this thing is practically animated.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I knew for a fact that I was a page or two from the end, yet I still involuntarily cringed a bit once I saw the end of chapter image without getting the payoff. I'm just curious how he's going to clobber him without anybody noticing or giving him the credit.

Also, I don't have the tools to do a better job of this, but this was a fantastic face:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

tsob posted:

Maybe he'll let him in on his secret and he'll believe him and become more just like that other salary dude who featured a while back. Regardless, Licenseless Rider is a cool guy. Nice to see the one of the few heroes who actually acts like one is a reference to the original Kamen Rider.

Seaking just busted through like 5 other guys who risked their lives trying to help the helpless escape from seaking before Genos showed up, though. I mean Licenseless rider got a cooler moment and didn't piss himself but I think all of the heroes so far showed themselves in a decent light.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Zenzirouj posted:

I knew for a fact that I was a page or two from the end, yet I still involuntarily cringed a bit once I saw the end of chapter image without getting the payoff. I'm just curious how he's going to clobber him without anybody noticing or giving him the credit.

He'll probably let Licenseless Rider take the credit or something.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Zenzirouj posted:

Someone else with an A or S rank will probably show up, maybe even late.

Also Licenseless Rider is deserving of respect after all that.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004
I hope Licenseless Rider getting his rear end kicked becomes a prominent theme in this manga

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Seaking just busted through like 5 other guys who risked their lives trying to help the helpless escape from seaking before Genos showed up, though. I mean Licenseless rider got a cooler moment and didn't piss himself but I think all of the heroes so far showed themselves in a decent light.

Really? They hid in the shelter and were forced to show their hands.

Those heroes are douches. :colbert: Then again I think most of the heroes are just egotistical corrupt jerks.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Ridiculous characters that nevertheless manage to be compelling :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shindragon posted:

Really? They hid in the shelter and were forced to show their hands.

Those heroes are douches. :colbert: Then again I think most of the heroes are just egotistical corrupt jerks.

Right they're not bad people for not committing suicide, but when the fight came to them they stood up and defended the civilians. It's not quite Licenseless Rider's unbridled gusto but they did the right thing.