Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Baloogan posted:

I really wish I could watch this little fucker squirm.

Me too, but he doesn't seem to be doing much squirming.

Edit: A reporter for the International Business Times just tweeted that he blew a kiss to the Jahar fan girls in the audience on his way out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
You know, when I look back on all the obnoxious lovely things I did as a kid, I cringe. A lot. But I'm thankful I kept a low profile. These girls are going to live the rest of their lives knowing not only did they cheerlead a terrorist/murderer, they also did it in front of millions of people, with video cameras rolling.

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The trial of Seth Rogan.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
I asked a reporter who was in the courtroom if he blew kisses to his fan club and he said he didn't see it and it was the first he's heard of it.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
Say "baby ruth".

porkchop_express fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 10, 2013

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Crasscrab posted:

I still can't wrap my head around these people saying he's innocent.

Until proven guilty...yes...but there's a difference between that and being part of the fan club.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

I asked a reporter who was in the courtroom if he blew kisses to his fan club and he said he didn't see it and it was the first he's heard of it.

I eagerly anticipate an article nationally syndicated about these "clubs."

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

I think it was implied he was blowing kisses or whatever to his sisters, not his fan club (I doubt he's even aware of that bit, honestly).

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

Blimpkin posted:

I eagerly anticipate an article nationally syndicated about these "clubs."

You and I both!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ted Bundy also had fangirls. People are weird.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

bonestructure posted:

I wish I could make them visit Martin Richard's grave.

I'd rather they not.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think it was implied he was blowing kisses or whatever to his sisters, not his fan club (I doubt he's even aware of that bit, honestly).

Of course the girls thought it was for them because why wouldn't their Jahar love them?

I want to see one of these twats get tackled by security for throwing her panties at him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah, this is pretty textbook stuff.People are weird and becoming romantically fixated on unobtainable people is common. Lots of famous lifers have fans.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is it possible for me to do some sort of Dzhokar cosplay, and bag me one of these crazies?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

jim truds posted:

Yeah, this is pretty textbook stuff.People are weird and becoming romantically fixated on unobtainable people is common. Lots of famous lifers have fans.

It goes back to at least the Elizabethan era that I know of. People suck sometimes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Is it possible for me to do some sort of Dzhokar cosplay, and bag me one of these crazies?

Just start posting comments on their tumblrs that you're the third conspirator and start giving plausible reasons that explain why nobody's heard of you. I'm sure that somebody will come for you eventually.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Agrajag posted:

Yeah go do that in Kenmore sq. after the Sox / Yankees game gets out next Friday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wonder if anyone who wears a white hat in public in Boston now gets pelted with things, or worse.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!

Why does it look like he's entering his plea with a sock puppet?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

bitchymcjones posted:

Why does it look like he's entering his plea with a sock puppet?

Even in death the older brother manipulates a beautiful innocent

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Man, either the artist sucks rear end or Dzhokar's face looks disfigured as gently caress from the night of his capture. The shape of his head resembles the aliens from that encounter movie, umm... I forget the name. The one where the spaceship appears after some piano concert with lights in some canyon behind a mountain.

Since his face is all disfigured, and he no longer looks like the kid from Kickass, will his fan club dissipate?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 10, 2013

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
I don't think he'd look out of place in Bakshi's LOTR

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

Man, either the artist sucks rear end or Dzhokar's face looks disfigured as gently caress from the night of his capture. The shape of his head resembles the aliens from that encounter movie, umm... I forget the name. The one where the spaceship appears after some piano concert with lights in some canyon behind a mountain.

Since his face is all disfigured, and he no longer looks like the kid from Kickass, will his fan club dissipate?

Didn't he shoot himself/get shot in the face? I could see the scarring and reconstructive surgery wrecking what looks he had.

my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating
I don't know if anyone has heard of this outside of Boston, but the One Boston Fund, the special charity set up to help victims of the bombing, has had it's first scam claim:

quote:

BOSTON (CBS) – A 22-year-old Boston man is facing charges after officials say he submitted a false claim to The One Fund Boston worth $2.195 million.

Attorney General Martha Coakley says Branden Mattier was arrested at his home in the South End on Tuesday when an undercover state trooper handed him a fake check for the full amount.

Mattier allegedly submitted the false claim on behalf of his aunt, Onevia Bradley, who has been dead for ten years. Mattier claimed his aunt had lost both of her legs in the Boston Marathon bombings.

The Attorney General’s office says Mattier sent in a claim form along with a letter from Boston Medical Center stating his aunt was a double amputee. The letter was dated May 2. Twenty-seven days later, Mattier reportedly sent an email to The One Fund asking if his aunt could make a claim as a double amputee if the amputation had not yet taken place.

The One Fund referred the claim to the Attorney General’s office.

“The file looked a little bit unusual to us and we forwarded it to the Attorney General’s office and they took it from there,” The One Fund Deputy Administrator Camille Biros said.

Mattier is charged with Attempted Larceny over $250 and Identity Theft.

“We allege that this defendant attempted to defraud The One Fund of more than $2 million,” Attorney General Martha Coakley said in a statement. “He sought to take these funds away from real victims of the Marathon attack and from the thousands of people who had so generously given to help those who truly need it.”

“For someone to even try and attempt to steal that from us, that’s just outrageous,” said Mery Daniel who lost a leg in the bombings.

Donate: Mery Daniel’s Fund

She says it’s more than a scam, but an insult to the city of Boston.

“Not only stealing from us but stealing from the good people, the generous people who paid this money and I would say that it is very hurtful,” said Daniel.

So far this is the only scam The One Fund has discovered.

Only the first...

Link: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/02/ag-boston-man-filed-false-marathon-bombing-victim-claim/

my darling feet fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 11, 2013

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah I believe he even married one of them shortly before his execution.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

my darling feet posted:

I don't know if anyone has heard of this outside of Boston, but the One Boston Fund, the special charity set up to help victims of the bombing, has had it's first scam claim:

Only the first...

Uh....he thought they were just going to hand him a check for two million dollars?

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
I work right next to Moakley - between the Whitey trial and this, it's been a fun little while walking to work in front of cameras every day.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

my darling feet posted:

Only the first...

How can somebody be so stupid to think that would actually work?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Peruser posted:

You know, when I look back on all the obnoxious lovely things I did as a kid, I cringe. A lot. But I'm thankful I kept a low profile. These girls are going to live the rest of their lives knowing not only did they cheerlead a terrorist/murderer, they also did it in front of millions of people, with video cameras rolling.

No, no, the "Free Jahar" girls are leftist communist marxists, you see.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

I've decided to believe that every courtroom artist in the US has joined in an unspoken pact to always draw this stupid kid looking as much like Sloth from the Goonies as possible, just to spite his fangirls. :allears:

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

I am a goddamned idiot and believed something I read on a tumblr. There was a screencap, it was a real tweet, but the image had been cropped to show just the part about blowing kisses, not that it was to the sisters. The Jahar girls, of course, are sure it was meant for them.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 11, 2013

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Earwicker posted:

Yeah I believe he even married one of them shortly before his execution.

In court no less.

quote:

During the penalty phase of the trial, Bundy took advantage of an obscure Florida law providing that a marriage declaration in court, in the presence of a judge, constituted a legal marriage. As he was questioning former Washington State DES coworker Carole Ann Boone—who had moved to Florida to be near Bundy, had testified on his behalf during both trials, and was again testifying on his behalf as a character witness—he asked her to marry him. She accepted, and Bundy declared to the court that they were legally married

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Another entry in florida.txt.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You can even watch it happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjfyERs5Jc

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

This free Jahar horseshit is just ugh.....I won't lie, my friends have had to endure me going on several frothing rage filled rants about these dumb cunts. If I didn't rant about em' I don't doubt I would've gone mad and started tracking them down and eating them to purify the gene pool, laws be damned. I actually feel genuinely humiliated being a girl because I share the same gender as these reality denying idiots. For fucks sakes He's not Justin Bieber he's a loving murderer! This hybristophilia poo poo is absolute worst. The only satisfaction I get out this is that it's incredibly likely he's going to get the either life or the death penalty. Frankly I'd prefer death just for satisfaction of hearing them whinge about it. Even hearing them bleat that nickname of his makes my skin crawl brrrrrr....

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
I wouldn't get too worked up. Its like getting mad about Westboro. At the end of the day its like sixty universally maligned individuals out of 330 million.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I know man, you're right. It is a weakness of mine getting all worked up about these sorts of things. I guess I just expect better from the world when really I shouldn't. On the bright side I've decided to try and make lemons out of lemonade and write storyline about this phenomenon. If anything I won't be lacking for material. :)

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

EPICAC posted:

There's a long article, and a video feature on Jeff Bauman in the NYT. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/08/sports/beyond-the-finish-line.html

Good on this dude for keeping on. If that was me, it definitely would've been tempting to just wash down all those painkillers with my favorite whiskey and just gently caress off. I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion, but the urge would be staring me right in the face.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Flopsy posted:

I actually feel genuinely humiliated being a girl because I share the same gender as these reality denying idiots. For fucks sakes He's not Justin Bieber he's a loving murderer! This hybristophilia poo poo is absolute worst.

Dudes do hybristophilia, too. Mostly for gay mass murderers (Dahmer, Dennis Nilsen) but sometimes for ladies (Karla Homolka got boatloads of love letters). So you can feel bad about the entire human race if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or that American girl arrested in Italy (even though she probably didn't do it). I personally think it's an excuse to objectify someone (in its most literal form).

• Locked thread