Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Anime is only good when it's about a cat and a mouse and they're fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
and one piece.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

golden oldies pete posted:

idk poo poo about anime and think it is the dumbest thing ever but my favourite thing to do is ask wrestlers about it.

it's not the dumbest thing ever

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

The Shaman of Cum posted:

it's not the dumbest thing ever

sorry, that's actually you HAHAHAHA

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hahahahaaahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:master:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

:whatup:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is he really 6'5 and 285? poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Not nearly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MacDougall posted:

Is he really 6'5 and 285? poo poo.

You need to see him live to appreciate how big he is.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

You need to see him live to appreciate how big he is.

The guy has hands the size of bowling balls and a head like a typewriter, bah gawd.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That reminds me, someday I want to go back and search old commentary for all the things they've compared Big Show's body parts to, and then photoshop him into what I imagine would be a giant Katamari of household objects.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
He has arms like other people's legs and legs like OTHER PEOPLE!

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.

Magneto Rex posted:

He has arms like other people's legs and legs like OTHER PEOPLE!

That was Big Dick Dudley.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Big Poppa posted:

That was Big Dick Dudley.

Fair, but that doesn't change the fact that it is an amazing thing to say about a person.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I vividly remember Regal saying in regards to Big Show: "He's got hands like bulldozer blades and a head like a typewriter" which just gives the most amazing mental image.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

VogeGandire posted:

I vividly remember Regal saying in regards to Big Show: "He's got hands like bulldozer blades and a head like a typewriter" which just gives the most amazing mental image.

Makes me think of Prototype more than anything.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VogeGandire posted:

In a perfect world, he would have been describing that to a police sketch artist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Today WWE open their new Performance Center in Orlando, naturally everyone in NXT is tweeting about it. Let's play spot the bitter guy shall we?

@Matt_Striker posted:

8 yrs ago today @wwe gave me a chance, today they open a facility that will give others that very same chance. Cant "hate" on opportunity.

@ColtCabana posted:

I love the fact that no company forces me to tweet poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Isn't Striker not even employed by WWE any more anyway?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

Yup. I doubt Colt's statement was in direct reply to Striker's anyway, but god forbid Cabana miss an opportunity to act like a child.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
What are you talking about dude, Colt isn't bitter anymore, he said so himself! He's totally over it! :cry:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

No, he got released a few weeks ago. Also Colt's tweet came before Matt's, just Matt's was the one I had in front of me first. Once I saw him being cool I knew I had to juxtapose it with Colt.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
He said no to corporate America, not the other way around!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

njsykora posted:

@ColtCabana posted:

I love the fact that no company forces me to tweet poo poo.

I'm guessing that color commentator tryout didn't go too well.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Tato posted:

What are you talking about dude, Colt isn't bitter anymore, he said so himself! He's totally over it! :cry:

Colt himself said on his podcast he realized he is bitter, actually.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Cabana is becoming the new Ryder to me. Used to be cool and funny but now I just want him to shut up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm straining to remember the last time he was funny, actually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

Cabana is becoming the new Ryder to me. Used to be cool and funny but now I just want him to shut up.

Zack Ryder and WWE's twitter obsession combined to give me my favorite moment of the Raw 20th anniversary show. They had a Twitter feed running on the bottom of the screen and during a segment about Shawn Michaels it scrolls a tweet by him saying something like "Oh sure Bret and Shawn get shoutouts but not me, GREAT IDEA" and to this day I can't tell if that was intended as a joke.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

When he and Adam Pierce were pretending the NWA title meant something was kinda funny.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Zack Ryder and WWE's twitter obsession combined to give me my favorite moment of the Raw 20th anniversary show. They had a Twitter feed running on the bottom of the screen and during a segment about Shawn Michaels it scrolls a tweet by him saying something like "Oh sure Bret and Shawn get shoutouts but not me, GREAT IDEA" and to this day I can't tell if that was intended as a joke.

Someone should tell Zack there is a slight difference between what he's accomplished and what they've accomplished.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I enjoyed him on his recent spot on Sklarbro County podcast. I don't listen to Art of Wrestling, and I was pretty impressed with his banter with the Sklars.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The problem with both Ryder and Cabana is they're both just dirty great loving marks for themselves.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You know a person's desperate when they'll even settle for 2013 IWA-MS

Matt_Striker posted:

Itchin to rassle. Whaddya say @rohwrestling,@iwamidsouth, @officialPWG, @mcwwrestling ? I'm a hell of a fighter with nothing left to lose...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know if I could take Matt Striker as a serious wrestler in 2013

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

triplexpac posted:

I don't know if I could ever take Matt Striker as a serious wrestler

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Striker should get on a WiF! (or any of the Wrestling Is companies) show and do a full blown teacher gimmick again. He could school the crowd about ants, insects, boars, frogs, etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's always been a comedy wrestler, so that's not an issue. His gimmick for a while in Jersey All Pro was teaming with a garden variety Sheik ripoff as Strykbu, a Sabu parody.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's always been a comedy wrestler, so that's not an issue. His gimmick for a while in Jersey All Pro was teaming with a garden variety Sheik ripoff as Strykbu, a Sabu parody.

Didn't he used to do a lot of parodies? Sure I saw an old 3PW show a while back where he was imitating someone else (I think Randy Savage?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

One of the Twitter accounts scrolling by on RAW was "ZachRyderDiva". Didn't realize he got a new one...

Also, kind of suprised to see Joe tweeting about Ryan Davis (of Giant Bomb's) death:

Samoa Joe posted:

RIP Ryan Davis #GiantBombForever

Bonus Joe Tweets:

Samoa Joe posted:

Debating buying a skeeball machine.

Samoa Joe posted:

A bit bittersweet a local arcade is going under/relocating some sweet silent.scope machines for sale too