Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Gate posted:

Fitting single ones on the board is a chore already, can't imagine actually being able to ever place those things down without knocking over a half-dozen models.

Thats true, guess I hadn't thought of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LumberingTroll posted:

Thats true, guess I hadn't thought of that.

Of course they could save a lot of space by cutting them in half and just have people flip them to go the other direction.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So for you folks who play regularly, what is the best carrier case for the minis, rules and such.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I used to use the oft-mentioned Plano case. But then my fleet swelled to nearly 30 ships, including three-each of the Falcon and Slave I. Now I use a giant $70 multi-tiered tacklebox similar to the huge battlefoam carrying cases.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Any particular Plano case or are they all pretty much adjustable? I don't know where to pick one up aside from Amazon, so want to make sure it will work.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SquadronROE posted:

Any particular Plano case or are they all pretty much adjustable? I don't know where to pick one up aside from Amazon, so want to make sure it will work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HJ9514/

Check the "Frequently bought together".

Pics of my how I fill it out on page 16 of this very thread.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Depends on how much you plan on buying.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HJTK5Y/ref=oh_details_o03_s02_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crackbone posted:

:spergin: post incoming.

Shot next to 360 controller to show size. It's big.

Opened up - Rulers and 5 templates, rulebooks, and Plano on top level on a thin layer of foam. I removed the eggshell on the right hand side to make more room for the plano. Probably didn't have to, but was pretty tight with it in there.

This is one of the bigger Plano sizes, don't know off the top of my head. But you can see it holds almost everything from 2 core sets, and 1 of every expansion + additional Tie Fighter expansion.

Thin layer of foam removed.

Closeup of ships. The foam is so deep I had to add some back into the plucked sections to make it easier to remove ships.

Closeup of right. I have all ship cards and 2 damage decks, along with the Misc. tokens in that bag. To get an idea of how deep the foam is, each column of stands is stacked 4 high and could hold at least 1 more each without going past the top of the foam.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Just played a few games today with a buddy, and this list was hilarious:

Han Solo
-Luke Skywalker
-Millennium Falcon

Chewbacca
-Nien Numb
-Elusiveness

This dmaned list bascially forces so many freaking rerolls it's not funny. Han and Luke is more reliable to putting damage out than Wedge.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Rules question: can Han Solo re-roll Luke's additional attack? If so, can he still do it if he also re-rolled the normal attack (that presumably missed, triggering Luke)?

And any idea when the reprints are coming? Stuff for this can't seem to be had locally at all, and online only if you're willing to accept some mean price gouging.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Corbeau posted:

Rules question: can Han Solo re-roll Luke's additional attack? If so, can he still do it if he also re-rolled the normal attack (that presumably missed, triggering Luke)?

And any idea when the reprints are coming? Stuff for this can't seem to be had locally at all, and online only if you're willing to accept some mean price gouging.

Yes, this is why Han is better than a Target Lock.

Looks like reprints are a ways out: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

new preview for Lambda and HWK290:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4193

Y-Wing options! :unsmith:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I put my collection of X-Wing minuatures (some of them literally unplayed) up on SAMart.
It's got everything except interceptors.

I've just got too many miniatures games for me right now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The base set is $20 right now at Target. I have two already and thought about picking up another, what is wrong with me :shepicide:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

alg posted:

new preview for Lambda and HWK290:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4193

Y-Wing options! :unsmith:

Pretty lame option though :smith:

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
So a friend of mine just split a starter box with me, i've one with Rebels and he's gone Imperial and we're confused, is the Tie Interceptor actually out yet? Given the impossibility of finding stock in Australia, we're not sure if its unreleased or just rare as hell to find one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Calico Noose posted:

So a friend of mine just split a starter box with me, i've one with Rebels and he's gone Imperial and we're confused, is the Tie Interceptor actually out yet? Given the impossibility of finding stock in Australia, we're not sure if its unreleased or just rare as hell to find one.

The TIE Interceptor is released, it was part of Wave 2 (TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, Falcon, Slave I). From what I've heard, its pretty hard to find anywhere now though.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Right now the only things that are easy to come by are core sets, wave one and large ships. They just did a reprint of wave one and are doing a reprint of wave two soon but right now they are very hard to find.

If you want more ships picking up a second core set is a really good idea. Having a extra set of maneuver templates and dice is almost needed. Plus you will want more x-wing and tie models. The wave 1 x-wing/tie expansion are also pretty important to get. Especially for rebels, you will want wedge.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

There's a shop near me that, for some reason, has a huge stock of TIE interceptors. It has 20. No A-wings, falcons, or slave 1s. Just squints. They're not marked up - just $15. :psyduck:

(I looked on ebay and they're not really worth going through the trouble of buying them in an attempt to make a profit. It just struck me as weird.)

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Where on the globe are you? If you'd be willing and shipping isn't insane i'd love you to pick up 4 of the interceptors for me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Keep in mind that the reprint of Wave 2 is currently shipping as of July 10.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I don't know if I'm just dense or I missed it in the rulebook, but are we allowed "officially" to play empire vs empire or rebels vs rebels? Would there be any balance reasons against house ruling it? Do those official tournaments allow it?

My inner 12 year old must know if Darth Vader or Boba Fett would win in a 1 on 1 space battle.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
They have a separate document for tournament policy stuff. In an officially recognized tournament, players register a single squad, and random pairings means that there can and will be what they call "mirror matches".

In casual play... who cares? Do whatever you want/have fun with. :)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Just as an FYI for anyone like me looking for ships, the reprint for the A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, Slave I and Falcon are supposed to be out today. Hooray!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

This makes me so mad:

Rebel ships are still too expensive. That shuttle better have only 3 maneuvers on its dial.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Wave 2 ships hit CSI on the 17th, and the Interceptors were sold out within 24 hours. The A-Wings are also already out of stock. Crazy.

I managed to get the Wave 2 ships I didn't have along with a pre-order for the Wave 3 ships, but I can't believe they sold out of the normal-sized ships within 48 hours. Insane.

Miniature Market still has A-Wings, but no TIE Interceptors.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New FAQ and tournament rules are out.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4258

Seems like just some clarifications, nothing really stood out to me.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

alg posted:

This makes me so mad:

Rebel ships are still too expensive. That shuttle better have only 3 maneuvers on its dial.

Its a 4 point difference, the B-Wing gets an additional maneuver and an additional equipment slot. I don't really see a problem with this. Its armor is two points less, but as you mentioned I bet that its maneuverability is way better than the Shuttle. Still its only 4 points and not really something to get angry about - at all.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I wouldn't except it's a common theme for Rebel ships to be over costed (besides the fact that the additional equipment slot is just another set of torpedoes).

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Rebel ships always cost more, as there are fewer of them in play at any given time. Its not just an additional torpedo, its a whole different combination, there are only two that re similar between the two ships.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
The people in my gaming club are about to join this game in force. I can't quite decide between making Empire or Alliance, though. I have played both and loved the maneuverability of the imperial ships. On the other hand, rebel ships have shields and seem able to take tons more upgrades. A combined A-wing and B-wing force must play so very cool...

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Sephyr posted:

The people in my gaming club are about to join this game in force. I can't quite decide between making Empire or Alliance, though. I have played both and loved the maneuverability of the imperial ships. On the other hand, rebel ships have shields and seem able to take tons more upgrades. A combined A-wing and B-wing force must play so very cool...

Accept no substitutes for agility.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Do most people only buy one side? I just assumed everyone bought both. I buy both so that I can just play my friends and they don't need their own army, but I also don't worry about tournament viability and all that (which is to say that I bought an extra TIE Advanced and was gifted an extra Y-Wing, but beyond gifts I'm not gonna buy more than one of any expansion).

alg
Mar 14, 2007

There are some people in my group who only play one side, and complain about the price of the game. These are the people who try to borrow Stealth Devices.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Achmed Jones posted:

Do most people only buy one side?

I would concentrate on one side but most of my regular gaming buddies are slow to splash cash on it so I'm left buying both sides to keep it interesting

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm going to buy the starter so I'll end up with a few ships from the other side, but I'd rather focus on having several alternative of a single side. Between this, Infinity, 40k and Mordheim, money can get a bit tight, especially since my friends have been getting on my case about also getting Firestorm Armada.

I'm leaning more toward Empire due to the aforementioned agility. Plus, if they ever release the Tie Experimental and the Assault Gunboat, I'll be a happy goon.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

So this change in the FAQ kind of shook things up at league tonight:

quote:

Q: If a ship is already overlapping an obstacle
or proximity mine token, does it suffer the
effects of that token when it executes its
next maneuver?

A: Possibly. When it executes its next maneuver, if
the maneuver template or the ship’s final position
overlap the token, the ship hits the token and suffers
the effects. Otherwise, the ship doesn’t suffer any of
the token’s effects because it was only overlapping
in its original position, and the original position is
ignored for obstacle and proximity mine tokens.

We ere playing that you could leave an asteroid you were sitting on with no effect. This is like a double whammy.

Edit: well, reading the old FAQ, we were playing wrong anyway

alg fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 24, 2013

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Do any of you Imperial players with multiple Tie expansions want to offload one of your howlrunner/backstabber/other guy card doubles. I have enough Ties through core sets and would rather toss someone here a couple bucks for their extras than buy another tie i dont need.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anyone here is still having trouble finding TIE Interceptors or A-Wings, my FLGS just got a bunch in, and I'd be happy to negotiate some manner of cost+shipping deal with goons-in-need.

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
I keep seeing on other forums people mentioning the litko flight stands, are they better than the ones that come with the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Core sets are on clearance for $12 at certain Target stores.

• Locked thread