Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I listened to the post-July 4th show from 2007 recently and in it Howard is laughing at all the losers who wanted an iPhone at launch, like owning a piece of cool tech is incredibly faggy or something. Lots of Darth Nihilous jokes.

Amusing considering what an Apple whore he turned into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Ether Frenzy posted:

I listened to the post-July 4th show from 2007 recently and in it Howard is laughing at all the losers who wanted an iPhone at launch, like owning a piece of cool tech is incredibly faggy or something. Lots of Darth Nihilous jokes.

Amusing considering what an Apple whore he turned into.

I've only listened to the Sirius era (stopped 1 year after Artie left), but it seems Howard has turned into the thing he most mocked his career. It's really sad.
I miss Fred, and the some of the wack pack, but I cannot sit through the crap that's put out now.
This sums up my feelings of the current Howard Stern Show: :(

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I guess you could say its a dog and pony show.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That smile is just devastating. She's loving gorgeous with a sick body but the second she does the Joker smile your dick just wants to cry. The shots of her with a closed-mouth smile or just showing a little pearly white she's so attractive, it always makes me wonder who the gently caress told her to smile like that so often.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It is probably just her natural human emotions, I doubt she mastered her own physical emotional responses.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Crotch Bat posted:

That smile is just devastating. She's loving gorgeous with a sick body but the second she does the Joker smile your dick just wants to cry. The shots of her with a closed-mouth smile or just showing a little pearly white she's so attractive, it always makes me wonder who the gently caress told her to smile like that so often.

You would think as a model she would be acutely aware of how she looks at all time. It's the smile and the hair - it's pulled back so severely it pulls all focus onto that grin and those choppers.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

It is probably just her natural human emotions, I doubt she mastered her own physical emotional responses.

This is true but she does the smile in actual photoshoots which leads me to believe other people also think this is OK.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Every time I see a picture of Beth smiling I'm convinced it has to be a photoshop.

It never is.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Does anyone have that gif of her on a show holding a dog and yanks it away in disgust when one of the handlers tries to pet it?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Brocktoon posted:

Does anyone have that gif of her on a show holding a dog and yanks it away in disgust when one of the handlers tries to pet it?

Is this it?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I don’t care how many times we bring it up but Beth’s high school principal coming over to her HOUSE every day for lunch while she was suspended is soooooooooooo creepy and I don’t get why she thinks there’s nothing wrong with it. Didn’t he also cry when she graduated?

OK now I gotta hear the time she deleted her 1st book draft because she never clicked on Save. Anyone have a link?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I don’t care how many times we bring it up but Beth’s high school principal coming over to her HOUSE every day for lunch while she was suspended is soooooooooooo creepy and I don’t get why she thinks there’s nothing wrong with it. Didn’t he also cry when she graduated?

OK now I gotta hear the time she deleted her 1st book draft because she never clicked on Save. Anyone have a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5PxbaRQBt8

Literally wanted to call Jeff Schick to figure out how click the Save icon.

In the words of Kahn Souphanousinphone, IT CTRL+S MORONS!!! IT ALWAYS CTRL+S!!!!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

haljordan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5PxbaRQBt8

Literally wanted to call Jeff Schick to figure out how click the Save icon.

In the words of Kahn Souphanousinphone, IT CTRL+S MORONS!!! IT ALWAYS CTRL+S!!!!

This comes up as private when I click.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ah poo poo, they must've changed it recently. I will see if I can find another.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"

I laughed too hard at this.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress Beth and her sunken beady eyes but what was that handler doing? Rubbing the dog's paw like it's braille? My dog hates having it's paw rubbed.

Beth Stern either says "good boy" or "get away" or "come on"

She was repulsed by the handler and gives a fake smile and a stare that says "What the gently caress is wrong with you?"

MVP fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 12, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MVP posted:

gently caress Beth and her sunken beady eyes but what was that handler doing? Rubbing the dog's paw like it's braille? My dog hates having it's paw rubbed.

Haven't you ever shaken hands with a dog? Shook hands? Whatever the gently caress it's called when you say "shake" and they stick out a paw for you to grab.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Yes but the handler was doing some weird rabbit's foot rub on the dog.

I think maybe Beth was trying to not lose control of the dog and she looked at the handler like "Sorry I'm a douche face"

Just awkwardness.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MVP posted:

It depends on the dog. My childhood dog later in her life also hated having her paws rubbed and we figured it was because she had arthritis. My brother's dog doesn't care at all and thinks it's playtime when she gets her paws touched or rubbed or whatever.

Is your dog older? Even young dogs of course could be protective of their paws anyway, I'm just curious :frogbon:

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah my childhood dog is still alive, around 13 years old toy female dachshund, she lets me do it but she'll pull her paw away on occasion. It's not my habit though.

I have another toy male dachshund that hates it and a female jack terrier mix that doesn't care.

The youngest is the 3 year old mutt

MVP fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 12, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Bobo you're on the air...

"Howuhd I sawr Beth on Extra last night and she looked so goar-juss."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Come on, people, if I wanted boring pet talk, I'd listen to the show...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just a reminder, Howard hosed a Real Doll's mouth to completion once.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

We're not saying he has zero redeeming qualities.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

For the show, and it was great radio. They got their dicks measured on air once, all that stuff was funny and weird and engaging. I miss those bits, like Scott almost getting railed up the rear end for 10K, the push up challenge, oh man, flying eric with balloons, even if it doesn't happen, it becomes great radio.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
The community-access level programming like "JD's clip of the week" where we get to hear the audio clips that aren't funny enough to air is basically the bit that sums up the show right now. "Here's some poo poo that isn't funny enough for the Howard Stern show, which now has its own feature on the Howard Stern show"

Is the show live next week? I'm kind of morbidly curious about how bad it's going to be now that AGT is in full-swing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If it's anything like last year expect last minute 'vacation days.' If Howard thinks it's going to be a long night at AGT he'll go ahead and cancel his radio show.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Didn't he admit during one of the History of Howard Sterns that this was all fake and he (and Fred) never actually had sex with the doll?

Rebel Rebel...

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Not quite a Bababooey call, but I can't stop laughing at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo

My GF refused to believe it at first, but having listened to about 100 calls where Janks pranks the media during disasters/accidents, I had no doubts at all.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 13, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Man, I really hope someone from Stern actually sent that in. This story is blowing up. Is the show live next week?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The clip is irrelevant but the pic isn't. Add balding to Eric the Midget's ever-expanding list of maladies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=268fnZq5EuU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

The clip is irrelevant but the pic isn't. Add balding to Eric the Midget's ever-expanding list of maladies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=268fnZq5EuU

It runs in the family, shithead!

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Holy crap, according to that clip he was planning on coming to New York! I hope he does one day, I gotta him in person.

Tank71
Jun 15, 2013
This weeks special is horrible. The phrase "geeking out" should never be used so many times on the show.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Most of what I've heard is terrible but I just caught part of a "Gadget Gary" clip from 2010 that I've never heard before that was just Ralph calling in to rip on Gary for some review crap he did. Ripping on Gary is probably my favorite part of the show.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Every vacation week should be Fight Week. I seriously cannot get enough of it.

Tank71
Jun 15, 2013

Kelly posted:

Every vacation week should be Fight Week. I seriously cannot get enough of it.

Your avatar and that phone call is/was amazing. It's not long before he himself returns to the show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Advice posted:

Ripping on Gary is probably my favorite part of the show.

I could honestly listen to people making GBS threads on Gary for 8 hours a day.