Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Ho ho ho that lantern.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Thresh threw the un-throw.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I can't believe he clicked that lantern with all 5 on his rear end.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

C9 is going to pull this off aren't they?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Holy moly, this has been a great game. C9 look a lot stronger in fights, I think they'll pull it out but it's neck and neck.

edit: Is thornmail a good item now?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So is this the best game of the week or

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Zuna please

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Holy loving poo poo that game

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
"How'd we win that?!"

Hahahaha.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loved hearing them (think it was Hai) saying "How did we win that?". What a great game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That game...amazing plays.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Throw of the loving century

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Zuna, champion of throws

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Zuna with the bronze level target selection cost them both of the last two fights. Why would you just stand in Ashe's AA range attacking Nunu when you're loving level 18 tristana?

Scampie
Jul 20, 2002

Remember when everyone was saying every NA team sucks?

C9 is breaking that curse.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Hai talks so fast, and with his voice its kind of hilarious.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I hope C9, Vulcun and Coast are the NA teams to reach worlds. The old teams had their chance last year and they blew it.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
That was loving insane. Amazing match, and I want to see both these teams in Worlds.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Aww gently caress I missed the last match, sounds like it was pretty good too. Any chance I could get a link to it? e:nevermind found one

Hey let's look at the pro builds these guys use and - three thornmails!?

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 12, 2013

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

sirtommygunn posted:

Aww gently caress I missed the last match, sounds like it was pretty good too. Any chance I could get a link to it? e:nevermind found one

Hey let's look at the pro builds these guys use and - three thornmails!?

Link?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

http://na.lolesports.com/tourney/match/1306 about 5:40:00 in.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Scampie posted:

Remember when everyone was saying every NA team sucks?

C9 is breaking that curse.

Too bad being the only team that doesn't suck makes the LCS kind of suck by comparison. Come on NA!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
That was a heck of a game..a lot of questionable teamfights, but C9 keeping in there is awesome! These kind of games are really promising, even if there is miscues!

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Savage Cracker posted:

I hope C9, Vulcun and Coast are the NA teams to reach worlds. The old teams had their chance last year and they blew it.

Absolutely please. Vulcun and C9 are just next level.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think Coast has been pretty disappointing to watch in most of their games so far. They had a good one today but they've laid some pretty big bombs in a few games so far. I think whoever ends up third in NA is just going to be a sacrificial lamb in the first round of worlds anyways though so it probably doesn't matter.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Those blazers wut does OGN even do.

e: also KT Bullets = number one name.

e2: Nientonsoh wowing the twitch chat: "i'd give my left nut to ad for either mata or madlife" spake Nientonsoh

e3: "Nientonsoh: NA only needs 1 slot for clg to make it
Metrognome1: LOL
F7_shakes: LOL NO"

foutre fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 12, 2013

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cloud9 being so much better than everyone else kinda ruins LCS for me. Every game they're in is such a 1-sided stomp usually, and even against Vulcun, the team in second place, they were just kind of loving around, picking champs they hadn't practiced much and generally throwing early game and they still won! Its almost as bad as watching games with Velocity except its a 1-sided stomp for the other team. I can't wait until s4 when Curse, Velocity and either TSM or Dig get relegated and maybe someone learns something from watching C9 and the OGN. It's just no fun when one team is that dominant. We may as well just send 1 team to Worlds.

FFSabin
Jul 3, 2004

ぐるぐる
OGN is on Ozone vs Falcons right now with jungle Gangplank

http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Every time that OGN music comes on I feel like I'm about to play Final Fantasy.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
MVP Ozone just put on the most brutal destruction of Jin Air Falcons :staredog:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
MVP Ozone is disgusting.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I think Coast has been pretty disappointing to watch in most of their games so far. They had a good one today but they've laid some pretty big bombs in a few games so far. I think whoever ends up third in NA is just going to be a sacrificial lamb in the first round of worlds anyways though so it probably doesn't matter.

Honestly, I think all the NA teams are going to be outclassed at worlds. The Korean teams are SO much better and the Chinese teams are at least slightly better.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Just watched that C9 vs Vulcan game from last night. :stare: cannot be used enough.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Honestly, I think all the NA teams are going to be outclassed at worlds. The Korean teams are SO much better and the Chinese teams are at least slightly better.

Yeah watching the top Korean teams play I just can't see how any NA/EU will beat them. C9, Gambit, ATN and maybe Vulcun and Fnatic on good day could put up some resistance sure, but I wouldn't bet on them to win against the Koreans.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Savage Cracker posted:

Yeah watching the top Korean teams play I just can't see how any NA/EU will beat them. C9, Gambit, ATN and maybe Vulcun and Fnatic on good day could put up some resistance sure, but I wouldn't bet on them to win against the Koreans.

I can't believe they decided to give NA and EU an unearned extra slot. I wonder if Koreans are going to be pissed by the sudden change. Give everybody 3 slots and Korea 4 if they're going to do that. There are definitely enough teams in the OGN to have 4 good teams. This will just piss off the Chinese and Taiwan fans as well that NA/EU get special treatment.

IBentMyWookie fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 12, 2013

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

It was exactly the same last year as well. NA and EU got an extra slot compared to other regions. This isn't exactly new.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

mastermind2004 posted:

It was exactly the same last year as well. NA and EU got an extra slot compared to other regions. This isn't exactly new.

Scene has changed a lot from last year and this is a change from what they announced at all stars. It's because they're afraid of an Asian sweep. I wouldn't be surprised if the group stages are advantageous to an EU or NA team getting past the first day.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

IBentMyWookie posted:

I can't believe they decided to give NA and EU an unearned extra slot. I wonder if Koreans are going to be pissed by the sudden change. Give everybody 3 slots and Korea 4 if they're going to do that. There are definitely enough teams in the OGN to have 4 good teams. This will just piss off the Chinese and Taiwan fans as well that NA/EU get special treatment.

While I agree with this, I mentioned it to friends of mine in Singapore and the Phillipines and they were pretty ambivalent about it - saying that they saw it as "Asia has 7 slots, Europe and NA have 3 each" So it might not be pissing off Asian fans as much as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Etrips posted:

Just watched that C9 vs Vulcan game from last night. :stare: cannot be used enough.

Protip: Don't let Ryze farm for 55 minutes.

• Locked thread