Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trig Discipline posted:

yaaaaaayyyyy

srsly though i have two aussie job interviews this month, i'm quite hopeful

how many of them involve harassing crocodiles and/or threatening feral youths with oversized knives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
my little sister made my family sit down last christmas and play settlers of catan, turns out my mum is a massive massive cheat, my dad is an rear end in a top hat who will destroy you for one wood card, my sister cares too much about board games and i must be bribed to participate with wine.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my youngest sister is a blindly vindictive catan player and will turn her rage against the first person to sleight her

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

how many of them involve harassing crocodiles and/or threatening feral youths with oversized knives?

neither. those are hobbies, really

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i wish i had friend 2 play board game w/ ;(

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You would be surprised how wrapped up in board games some people get

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

if you were 16 in 2000-2002 it's slightly less shameful

yeah i was born 1985. the strip started sucking when largo quit but i hung on looking for an ending

then fred "i can't remember his last name" durst started updating once a month and the story never went anywhere so i got bored and quit paying attention to his animu wannabe comic

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

BooLoo posted:

my little sister made my family sit down last christmas and play settlers of catan, turns out my mum is a massive massive cheat, my dad is an rear end in a top hat who will destroy you for one wood card, my sister cares too much about board games and i must be bribed to participate with wine.

omg i have to try this at thanksgiving

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
do it. you will discover things about your nearest and dearest you never knew.

Dec 26, 2012

BooLoo posted:

one of my roommates would try to play the game all independently, like not loving with each other, and would get super pissed if anyone slighted him. naturally i spent 90% of my resources in the game getting him angry as gently caress about board james and more or less taking myself down in the process

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BooLoo posted:

do it. you will discover things about your nearest and dearest you never knew.

my niece, being about 8 or so, focused exclusively on sheep. presumably because they're fuzzy and cute and ended up beating my mom and me handily for about half an hour until she realized that making towers out of the roads and settlements was more interesting than the game

she's pretty sharp

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wrongo

Bret Post
Apr 12, 2013

I'm a Gooby
Going to kickstart a set of wristbands that you wear when typing on your MBA, to prevent the tapered edge from digging into your wrists.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
ill give you 5000 if you write my name on the prototype that will one day be in a museum

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i swear ive seen more than one short film where its people playing a board game and ~wacky antics ensue~

this is basically every regular show episode

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

also the demo video will make you hate yourself even more

"let's face it, you don't have time to open the door for everyone"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oops your right

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

qirex posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
trigger warnings: anime, funded

13 individual people have pledged $2000, 4 $1000 and over 400 people have pledged more than $100 to "play" a "game" that is just pictures and dialog trees

also this is for "part 1"
holy poo poo lolllllllllll @ the first pic :downs:

that can't be real

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

01011001 posted:

i spent 90% of my resources in the game getting him angry as gently caress about board james and more or less taking myself down in the process

Spite losses are the best kind of losses in catan

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

jony ive aces posted:

holy poo poo lolllllllllll @ the first pic :downs:

that can't be real

you dont remember the glory days of terrible weaboo webcomics????

this got PUBLISHED

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just a butt posted:

this is basically every regular show episode

and thats why its terrible

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

and thats why its terrible

its no adventure time

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

BooLoo posted:

this but munchkin

my mom gleefully backstabbed people over and over. i dont think she even really tried to win. i think she just enjoyed preventing everyone else from winning.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hubris.height posted:

its no adventure time

i'd rather watch yogi the fuckin bear than the steaming turd that is regular show. BUT IT HAS 80s REFERENCES!!!! gently caress you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Werthog 95 posted:

i'd rather watch yogi the fuckin bear than the steaming turd that is regular show. BUT IT HAS 80s REFERENCES!!!! gently caress you

man smoke a bowl and chill. maybe watch some cartoons. i recommend tim and eric's adventure time and regular show

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Werthog 95 posted:

same, but i do get a laugh out of people doing the 'funny internet videos' sound clip irl

i think its more of an 'oh god thats so sad its funny' thing idk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that tim and eric movie was garbage

oh and i just saw the episode of adventure time about young marcleen and ice king and their background and its pretty 'last of us' so i guess that makes it the citizen kane of cartoons. in all seriousness though it owned pretty hard

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

man smoke a bowl and chill. maybe watch some cartoons. i recommend tim and eric's adventure time and regular show

yes, yes, no

hubris.height posted:

oh and i just saw the episode of adventure time about young marcleen and ice king and their background and its pretty 'last of us' so i guess that makes it the citizen kane of cartoons. in all seriousness though it owned pretty hard

mostly yes :( and yes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hubris.height posted:

i don't think there is a citizen kane of cartoons. maybe popeye? i've read some people getting really excited about that one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

i don't think there is a citizen kane of cartoons. maybe popeye? i've read some people getting really excited about that one

steamboat willie. qed bitch *lights film reel on fire, throws into audience*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh don't start this

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

cartoons are more shameful than video games by far

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

cartoons are more shameful than video games by far

wow get a load of this baka gaijin who knows nothing of the wondrous animated cartoons of glorious nippon

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bracing myself for the unironic "cartoons are better because theyre art"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

um it's actually pronounced ah nee may

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

the iron giant

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the iron giant

was real good but being the citizen kane of anything is not really a valid thing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

regular show is really great because it's a show about getting high and drunk that is somehow shown to kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

maybe that's my problem with it because i find little more annoying than watching people get high and/or drunk when i'm sober

• Locked thread