Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooch P.
Feb 12, 2001

MC2552John posted:

Hop on Mumble.

Durrr. Thanks, for some reason slipped my mind. Definitely will be on tonight before call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I was able to pick this up pretty late last night and ran around for about 20 minutes, died like 12 times.

I'll look into hopping on a server somewhere tonight, I was just playing solo.

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

SPF 45 a day keeps the oncologist away.
Now that it seems the storm has passed and the forums are down for maintenance, hopefully Wollay will come forth with some news about the last few days and what's to come.

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008
So I was messing around with numbers since I'm new to this game and BAM.

There's a few good things here, Ikosel City is a great place to get a Legendary Lamp - first item shop.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Doctor Shadow posted:

There's a few good things here, Ikosel City is a great place to get a Legendary Lamp - first item shop.

This is a known seed, check the seed directory in the OP.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Arson posted:

Now that it seems the storm has passed and the forums are down for maintenance, hopefully Wollay will come forth with some news about the last few days and what's to come.

I'm sure we'll get a new tweet in 2014

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Three days of endless grind and I've...
... bought the game.

I salute you, developer, this is hardcore redefined.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Anyone have any luck running the Cubeworld server as a windows service? I'm trying on my virtual Win2012 box and it keeps giving me error 1053, saying the service didn't respond to the control request.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

Doctor Shadow posted:

You are just like that kid who claims to have constructd the current tier 1 magic deck on his own, i will laugh at you too.

edited: because i can not spell

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 11, 2013

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

jhorphear posted:

You are just like that kid who claims to have constructd the current teir 1 magic deck on his own, i will laugh at you too.

Oh right yeah this is Something Awful, I forgot. It's impossible to actually hit upon the same set of random numbers as someone else then? I get you.

As for magic?

gently caress that game.

So I'll laugh at you in kind, for thinking I'd have even the vaguest interest in magic.

Doctor Shadow fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 11, 2013

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

Enzer posted:

This is a known seed, check the seed directory in the OP.

Thanks, much oblidged - I bought the game earlier on so I haven't had a chance to check the directory. Didn't even know this thread existed until someone else on SA pointed me here - some great stuff, so thanks again.

Doctor Shadow fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 11, 2013

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

ComposerGuy posted:

Yay! Shop is up and I've managed to buy the game!

...only now do I realize that I'm not actually sure how to GET it. I've paid for it, but how does it work from here?

Push play and point the pointy end away from your body.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is there a quick guide to starting a server somewhere?

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

get out posted:

Is there a quick guide to starting a server somewhere?

Double click server.exe

A PC Game
May 7, 2007
For anyone running a server here's a link to a manager that lets you remove the player limit (can have up to 255 players) and fixes the ranger crash bug.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CubeWorld/comments/1hygw5/the_files_to_remove_serverlimit_and_stop_crashing/

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Nerolus posted:

Push play and point the pointy end away from your body.

Yes, as the rest of that conversation shows, the screen did eventually allow me to download. I understand, though, you REALLY needed to get that joke in, so its cool.

At any rate, can't wait to fire this thing up. Just a few more hours!

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
All right! For those of us who managed to get the game early, the worst thing is that we could've had some small updates by now for at least the most egregious issues, if Wollay hadn't had to spend all his time just dealing with this clusterfuck. Hopefully that will change now.

Speaking of bugs, one of the little-known downsides of getting powerleveled via the xp bug in multiplayer is that you miss out on auto-learned recipes. It's like you just 'skip' directly to the level you have enough xp to get to. At higher levels, the armor/weapon recipes are no loss, but not getting your higher level life potion recipes can be painful.

As for more fun bugs:

Cerevisiae posted:

I found out that rogues can free fly around at slow speeds. It's not too useful but you can hover there to regain some stamina for hang gliding.

How to fly:
Hold Sneak (2)
Hold Intercept (1)
Look in the direction you want to fly (Up)
You are now flying

I tried this and found that while it works, it creates some sort of bizzare lag of 10+ seconds on the next action I take, IE anything from opening inventory to getting the hang glider out. This discovery was made via a gut-wrenching fall for over 17,000 damage. However, I found that if I turn my lantern on/off and wait for the game to unfuck itself accordingly while still levitating, any actions taken after that are lag free, and the hang glider can now be opened before hitting the ground.

Which makes it possible to stay airborne indefinitely. Thank you, this is so loving cool!

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Enzer posted:

As I said above, signing on with either of these takes control of your game out of your hands. I doubt HB cuts as low as 5%, I am betting it is higher. We have a few sources from developers who say that Steam cuts about 30%.

Fun fact - we've got court documents now which show that it's exactly 30% for Valve.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cerevisiae posted:

I found out that rogues can free fly around at slow speeds. It's not too useful but you can hover there to regain some stamina for hang gliding.

How to fly:
Hold Sneak (2)
Hold Intercept (1)
Look in the direction you want to fly (Up)
You are now flying

This has allowed me to discover that, sadly, you cannot stand on clouds. :(

Great game, even if the only thing you can really do at the moment is sightsee. I've just spent nine hours or so wandering around on the back of a hardened battle sheep, crossing deserts and lava fields and forests and now apparently an ocean?

I really need a better way to pass the night when I can't find an inn or a bedroll, though. :argh:

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

DatonKallandor posted:

Fun fact - we've got court documents now which show that it's exactly 30% for Valve.

Yeah that kind of blows. Wonder what the full terms and agreements are for devs using Steam.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So hey yeah. Ranger is the most fun class cause you can basically bunny hop when you pop the retreat skill. Pop it as you run towards the camera than just jump as you hit the ground and the speed boost keeps going. You go so fast you jump off the surface of water as well

You can't change directions but man you fly so fast early level mounts don't even compare

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 12, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So uh. Can you guys help me? I'm trying to get a server up for a friend to play with me. this guide and others like them tell me to forward my ports to 12345. Which is fine, except I seem to have more ports than they're telling me about and I don't know how to handle them.

i tried just setting EVERYTHING to 12345, but then when I tried it here like the guide said, it told me the connection was refused, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. I checked portforward.com to see their suggestion based on my router, but their picture only had two ports. This external/internal thing is messing me up and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help me please.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh. Can you guys help me? I'm trying to get a server up for a friend to play with me. this guide and others like them tell me to forward my ports to 12345. Which is fine, except I seem to have more ports than they're telling me about and I don't know how to handle them.

i tried just setting EVERYTHING to 12345, but then when I tried it here like the guide said, it told me the connection was refused, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. I checked portforward.com to see their suggestion based on my router, but their picture only had two ports. This external/internal thing is messing me up and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help me please.

Sites like those don't seem to work to well. It says mine is closed but yesterday I was playing with friends just fine. You also don't need to blank out your local IP address, we can't do anything with that unless we are connected to your router. Just see if your friend can connect.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh. Like I said, not exactly knowledgeable about this stuff.

So I just set every single port to 12345?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thumbtacks posted:

I would think so.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

Was the server running when you did the test? Should just need to do 12345 for Start/End External/Internal and make sure you use your internal IP for the last bit (Keep "both" for the protocol, just to be sure). In looking up that port, it does seem 12345 can be used for some sort of trojan, so it's possible your ISP is blocking it. In that case, set External start/end to something random above 1024 and keep 12345 as the internal port maybe? No idea if you can specify port in the game, maybe do IP:Port in connecting.

Edit: actually, looks like the client can't chose the port to connect to, so custom ports won't work... alternative is something like Hamachi I guess.

dedian fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 12, 2013

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is this game melting anyone else's computer? Hosting a server on my pc while also trying to play from it is causing my cpu's temp to jump around 30 degrees. Anyone else have this issue?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Is this game melting anyone else's computer? Hosting a server on my pc while also trying to play from it is causing my cpu's temp to jump around 30 degrees. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm not encountering this problem myself, but people on other forums say that forcing vsync fixes it.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, Cube World averages 80C per core when I run it. Wolfram still needs to work on optimizing the code I imagine. I get well above 60 FPS when playing the game, so I'm going to see if I can force Vsync in my graphics driver and cut down the frames being drawn.

e;fb

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Alright so...

https://twitter.com/wol_lay/statuses/352922197460910080

... is he actually being DDoS'd or is it a poo poo registration code / service because the way he's pitching it, it sounds (to me) that the registrations are what's causing the server problems -- not an actual attack.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Malek posted:

Alright so...

... is he actually being DDoS'd or is it a poo poo registration code / service because the way he's pitching it, it sounds (to me) that the registrations are what's causing the server problems -- not an actual attack.

After that tweet he made another one saying that they were actually being DDoS'd.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

Malek posted:

Alright so...

There was probably some coding issues, but 90MB incoming is a lot to handle, and that's probably not from the registration code (hopefully!)

https://twitter.com/wol_lay/status/353311401093246977

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

After that tweet he made another one saying that they were actually being DDoS'd.

Right, I saw that post as well but I'm questioning what he's actually meaning. Not 100% sure English is his native language. He did post the usage statistics of his website though and they were way WAY off kilter when the registrations were going up.

Just a bit frustrating is all when I've been trying to buy this for 2 weeks now. Oh well. :v:

Edit: VVVV

Right. Unfortunately I sleep and am at work during that whole time on week days with no outside internet access. :(

Malek fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 12, 2013

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
^^^^
I meant this more of a surprise that the store is down again. Wonder if this is actual matiance or if the ddos has started up again. Wonder how long its been down, had a friend register and buy it about two hours ago.

Malek posted:

Right, I saw that post as well but I'm questioning what he's actually meaning. Not 100% sure English is his native language. He did post the usage statistics of his website though and they were way WAY off kilter when the registrations were going up.

Just a bit frustrating is all when I've been trying to buy this for 2 weeks now. Oh well. :v:

It was open from like midnight last night till around this evening. Didn't notice it went down again.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 12, 2013

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I believe it does not have a built in fps cap. This makes some GPUs get crazy hot. Vsync should fix this.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Edit - Never Mind. Derp, this is why we should use ISO 8601.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Everyone else is correct about the game not having a framerate cap, but I don't know if forcing vsync is going to help your cpu. This game is constantly hammering my processor, and when it's having to load a lot of new chunks it just sits on 100% until the draw distance stops increasing. I don't guess there's anything to be done other than get better cooling and/or wait for the game to be better optimized.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 12, 2013

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I'm realy fascinated by how good this game looks in motion. Screenshots realy don't do it justice but But I'm too stupid to record videos of the game. The decision to use no textures but only colored and shaded Voxels makes for a detailed, unique and pleasing look. I don't have any interesting gameplay related things to share, but I just wanted to post how much fun I have just exploring* the maps generated by cube world.

*exploring might include murdering a lot of cute people and monster

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Feindfeuer posted:

I'm realy fascinated by how good this game looks in motion. Screenshots realy don't do it justice but But I'm too stupid to record videos of the game. The decision to use no textures but only colored and shaded Voxels makes for a detailed, unique and pleasing look. I don't have any interesting gameplay related things to share, but I just wanted to post how much fun I have just exploring* the maps generated by cube world.

*exploring might include murdering a lot of cute people and monster

Just imagine what this game will be in a few years from now. Lets hope wollay doesnt decide to tone down the colors like notch did. I too am so captivated by the world I got a berserker all the way to 35 before trying guardian, I was just so busy exploring!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Me and a fellow goon went exploring on the seed while I was streaming last week. We found the ocean biome area, and its jungle-y and water-y. Hordes of undead areas and giant mosquitos of death.

This is our seed 86161981, we're near the end of the path in the image Map: http://imgur.com/DaXoB97

• Locked thread