Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
ian answer my last email so i can submit your resume!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
what about my resume? have you even looked over it?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Crasscrab posted:

what about my resume? have you even looked over it?

google scanned it and sent it directly to the trash, sorry

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

also if you're serious i'm not helping anyone except ian because ian has been a source of entertainment for me so i owe him this plus his uci/ucr background is exactly what wd loves for some loving reason that i don't fully understand

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont even know what you guys are talking about i just wanted to complain

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i love that duck

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
another reason to keep buying seagate

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

this but munchkin

my mom gleefully backstabbed people over and over. i dont think she even really tried to win. i think she just enjoyed preventing everyone else from winning.

thats how you play munchkin, everyone gangs up on the leader over and over until everyone is so sick of the game you let someone win

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

TOOT BOOT posted:

thats how you play munchkin, everyone gangs up on the leader over and over until everyone is so sick of the game you let someone win

actually that makes sense

i do remember yelling at people DONT STOP ME FROM WINNING, THAT DBAG IS AT 9 AND WE CANT STOP HIM HIS TURN, HE WILL WIN

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Heresiarch posted:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Proteus4994 posted:

also if you're serious i'm not helping anyone except ian because ian has been a source of entertainment for me so i owe him this plus his uci/ucr background is exactly what wd loves for some loving reason that i don't fully understand

whoa, he has upper oval office itch/upper oval office rot? sorry ian i had no idea

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Heresiarch posted:

i swear i've now sent the same drvie back in 5 times after 1 week

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Werthog 95 posted:

was real good but being the citizen kane of anything is not really a valid thing

some day we will find the citizen kane of film

Werthog 95 posted:

i love that dick

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Heresiarch posted:

another reason to keep buying adata

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol if u even have a hard drive of any sort :yaycloud:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PleasingFungus posted:

some day we will find the bioshock: infinite of film

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Heresiarch posted:

no don't :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

good ill keep on buying intel then

(though my throwaway external drives for my 360 are wd)

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

if you want to buy an ssd over a hdd i totally understand

but if you're buying an hdd don't buy seagate 4 srs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
why do all the good hd makers get bought out by the shittiest ones

i don't understand

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Cream_Filling posted:

i don't understand

i dunno, i don't think wd's mergers have been that bad. hitachi's a p decent hdd manufacturer

seagate/maxtor merger is like watching fat retards get married though

e: for the record this isn't company loyalty, i've always thought wd hdds were the best long before i started working here

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
oh i forgot wd bought hitachi and not seagate

still, just one exception that proves the rule

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

if you want to buy an ssd over a hdd i totally understand

yeah i pretty much keep spinny disks out of as much stuff as possible. including retrofitting old computers with compactflash as primary drive and poo poo

Cream_Filling posted:

i don't understand

i wouldnt categorize it like that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cream_Filling posted:

i don't understand

the whole drat world is on a race to the bottom

apparently it's been this way for some time but we've gotten really good at it lately

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

fishmech that chart is really cool and i already forwarded it to my department

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

is it 5 years ago and seagate hasn't made the 7200.11 and beyond yet and gives 5 years warranty? Then yes buy a seagate.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

syscall girl posted:

apparently it's been this way for some time but we've gotten really good at it lately

yep

three cheers for the technocracy!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

syscall girl posted:

i guess it just bothers me that this is true across the board on both macro and micro levels. like it's bad enough that jobs and the nation are on a race to the bottom, but even petty bullshit like computer parts and processed food products are getting steadily shittier too.

i was expecting bread and circuses to distract me, but even then all i see is this bread isn't as good as the bread last year and these lions are getting lazy as gently caress

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
sorry for careposting my bad

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
actually the future owns

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
hitachi is basically the only mfr who will sell you a 7200 rpm drive and
a) actually tell you that it is 7200 rpm
b) not rape your wallet

so buy deskpro USB3 hard drives and rip the enclosure open

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Radio Paranoia posted:

you dont remember the glory days of terrible weaboo webcomics????

this got PUBLISHED
i remember that it happened just not what it looked like

even as an idiot teenager i had enough sense to stay away from anime as much as possible

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

prefect posted:

i don't think there is a citizen kane of cartoons. maybe popeye? i've read some people getting really excited about that one

honestly its probably mickey mouse something something or snow white

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

danger mouse

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
serious answer: the illusionist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

der fuhrer's face

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but for real it's citizen kane

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx