Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

I've said it before but I would really like more Mens v Womens integration, even at the friendly/kick around level. I know Liverpool did it a few months back and it was pretty cool to see.
A friendly would be sweet, maybe an exhibition match every year. Taking it competitive might get ugly, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I feel that statement is likely to be incorrect.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Vegetable posted:

A friendly would be sweet, maybe an exhibition match every year. Taking it competitive might get ugly, though.
Mix it up 50/50, I'd watch that. Bad luck if you're the side with the women's keeper though.

edit:hang on a second theres 11 players on a football team

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vegetable posted:

Oh yeah I wouldn't dream of doing a competitive game. Even if there wasn't such a gulf in class/quality, the physicality (on both sides) would just make it ridiculous.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

Mix it up 50/50, I'd watch that. Bad luck if you're the side with the women's keeper though.

edit:hang on a second theres 11 players on a football team

Just get the John Terry woman for one side and the other can have Nasri

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Fowl posted:

If it was only a fashion accessory then why does everyone automatically pick the Yankees?

Because a lot of famous rappers wear Yankees hats.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

EvilHawk posted:

I've said it before but I would really like more Mens v Womens integration, even at the friendly/kick around level. I know Liverpool did it a few months back and it was pretty cool to see.

Yeah and Suarez did a horror tackle iirc

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

The Canadian WC team lost 5-0 to an under 15 boys team from British Columbia.

The USWMNT v some random U17 team. (post is from 2009)

quote:

USWNT vs. ODP B92

Verses the ODP B92 the USWNT was soundly beaten 5-1. It very well could have been much worse, the US keeper came up with brilliant point blank save, after save.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/uswnt-vs-so-cal-boys-odp.929075/

Hegay fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 12, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

T Fowl posted:

If it was only a fashion accessory then why does everyone automatically pick the Yankees? Pick whatever at any given time if it's fashion, in which some people in the USA have embraced.

I wish they only picked the Yankees, this made me a little ill when I saw it

No clue why anyone would want to wear a Phillies cap besides it's red though

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

EvilHawk posted:

It's painfully obvious you've never played soccer against women. They are terrible.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

Yeah and Suarez did a horror tackle iirc

ahahahahaha. Please tell me there's a video of this.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Great stuff on Yankee hats and women's football, haha just kidding, gently caress you all, post pictures please, now, also shut up, thanks

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie posted:

ahahahahaha. Please tell me there's a video of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifnUtp-42sA

lol, it wasn't even a match. What a loving headcase.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

E: NVM. I was still typing while The Finn posted.

Instead have this video clip where a Luxembourgian amateur team knocks out our local pro team from the Europa League qualifiers. It's not only neat for the comedy value, but also because for such a tiny club they have a pretty kickass website team and put out long and comprehensive video packages on every game. It's a shame TV rights prevent bigger clubs from doing the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UWiIoaj0A

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 12, 2013

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lamont Cranston posted:

I wish they only picked the Yankees, this made me a little ill when I saw it

No clue why anyone would want to wear a Phillies cap besides it's red though

Thought it was a celebration pic at first, but on closer inspection every single person looks miserable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifnUtp-42sA

lol, it wasn't even a match. What a loving headcase.
Looks like a decent tackle. Not in a loving training session though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

tetsman posted:

Whatever, more footballers doing stuff.

Tevez and Llorente already get to seat at the back of the bus (that's where the cool kids sit :cool: )

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

Looks like a decent tackle. Not in a loving training session though.

It (obviously) didn't end up being that bad, but he was high and had his studs up for a second there. He did that weird sweep thing with his trailing leg, too.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Suqit posted:

It's painfully obvious you've never played soccer against women. They are terrible.

I've played against plenty of girls. One girl I played with growing up was easily the best player in our league and is now playing in the US semi-professionally, and when I was in the states I played with/against some very good women. They play a different game to the men from my experience (more physical, less technical) but they are plenty good enough for a friendly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Some top work by the Arsenal PR team!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Is that their special kit for the Swedish tour?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Insert your favourite Andy Gray quote here.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

idgi

El Hefe posted:

Is that their special kit for the Swedish tour?

Officially I think they brought back yellow and blue because it's 10 years since the Invincibles. I love it and I've already ordered one. Imagine Luis Suarez racially abusing and/or biting someone while wearing it, can't wait for the season to start.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

euroboy posted:

idgi

Officially I think they brought back yellow and blue because it's 10 years since the Invincibles. I love it and I've already ordered one. Imagine Luis Suarez racially abusing and/or biting someone while wearing it, can't wait for the season to start.

Oh that's cool, I didn't know they had that kit during that season.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Were Arsenal even in New York or is that just someone's poorly photoshopped "joke"?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's a photoshop, a very bad one too. They posed the kit outside the stadium.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Well, yeah, it's obviously two different images sliced together, but I wasn't sure if someone put them together because they were actually in NY and standing near the Bale billboard for some reason or if it was just done for the laughs. It really makes no sense, even as a joke image.

e: I'm really putting way too much thought into this.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 12, 2013

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's not even a photoshop, it's just two pictures. I feel like I'm missing something.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

euroboy posted:

It's a photoshop, a very bad one too. They posed the kit outside the stadium.

Oh drat, sorry, i'm a moron and thought it was genuine because I was flicking passed it, now I look for more than a second I can see it's not even close to being a photoshop or genuine. Apologies for the gently caress up!

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
spurs r shite m8

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Had to look at Bayern roster to identify Tom Starke.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Meanwhile, in Bavaria...

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

England Women's Team's goalkeeper scores an owl goal off her own face in the 4th minute of added time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23297500

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Starke wearing Nike sandals :siren:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Frankston posted:

England Women's Team's goalkeeper scores an owl goal off her own face in the 4th minute of added time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23297500

Is an owl goal when you rotate your head 180 before scoring?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A builder at Southampton's training ground has left a Portsmouth shirt in a wall.

http://youtu.be/BXG0PW7l69Q

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Starsnostars posted:

A builder at Southampton's training ground has left a Portsmouth shirt in a wall.

http://youtu.be/BXG0PW7l69Q

Ha, nice video. Now the guy can get fired and Southampton can easily remove the shirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOj06CgcHbA

:allears:

• Locked thread