Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That was the third episode? Why did they keep calling it the premiere?

I think the worst thing about the episode was that it was incredibly boring.

The only redeeming thing was the Hulk joke with the glass figurines. It had good timing/delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fuego Fish posted:

The third episode of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE has Iron Man take something from Falcon and play keep-away until he literally says "Give it back!" like a sad little six-year-old. It turns out that his mother made cookies, and then the whole team fights over who gets to have cookies.

Good to know the show is taking inspiration from classic films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2NIFM2Emo

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Teen titans go continues to go in such odd directions.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I love how Sam is basically Carlton from fresh price of Bel air in AA :v:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

thelaughingman posted:

Teen titans go continues to go in such odd directions.
It's really a much weirder show than I think I ever could have imagined.

If you aren't watching it, one of the newer episodes was called "Super Robin" and featured a 30 second chicken dance montage and ended with Robin on his deathbed while all his friends mock him for having wasted his life after using superpowers to solve all the world's problems in 3 seconds.

Also this happened:

And one of the earlier episodes (You're Fired) had Detective Chimp in it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Didn't think I would like it but then ended up watching it for nearly 3 hours. :iiam:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It also had the best and weirdest ancillary character so far, the robin who got Robin's DNA and started grapple-gunning in and out of different scenes.

Probably still not as weird as the episode where everybody dies at the end though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Hazo posted:

It also had the best and weirdest ancillary character so far, the robin who got Robin's DNA and started grapple-gunning in and out of different scenes.

Probably still not as weird as the episode where everybody dies at the end though.

Consider that episodes easily out weirded by today's.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm guessing there is no legit way to stream this show, is there? I know there wasn't for Young Justice, for the most part.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Oh man new DC Nation shorts are coming including maybe the most amazing Wonder Woman short possible.

Please Warner Brothers. Please put the shorts online. Let me watch them. I have to work saturday mornings and it's not fair. I'd even buy them if you put them on a DVD!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Oh man new DC Nation shorts are coming including maybe the most amazing Wonder Woman short possible.

Please Warner Brothers. Please put the shorts online. Let me watch them. I have to work saturday mornings and it's not fair. I'd even buy them if you put them on a DVD!

There's this thing called a DVR that's existed for quite some time, maybe it could solve your problem? Failing that, there's this other thing called a VCR.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

There's this thing called a DVR that's existed for quite some time, maybe it could solve your problem? Failing that, there's this other thing called a VCR.

You cant actually record the shorts themselves with a DVR, you have to do guessing work. Some people also don't have cable or DVR!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

KungFu Grip posted:

You cant actually record the shorts themselves with a DVR, you have to do guessing work. Some people also don't have cable or DVR!

What guessing work? You record the entire block and fast forward through anything that's not a short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You don't even need to do that, just record around 5-7 minutes at each half hour as they only show them inbetween episodes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Or DC could be reasonable and just put them online since that isn't unheard of in 2013 AD. Seriously guys, DVRs aren't exactly free.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A Bewere the Batman clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrJKnwwyzE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that they have the exact same stiff walking motion.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That batcave looks so empty and dull.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also some more details on the show (plus very obscure villain silver monkey.) and another clip this time with Pyg and Toad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/07/12/beware-the-batman-animated-series/2513533/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I read a review of the first episode and they liked it, although one thing they mentioned that might be a little awkward is that after the Aurora shooting they switched out regular guns for laser weapons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

muscles like this? posted:

I read a review of the first episode and they liked it, although one thing they mentioned that might be a little awkward is that after the Aurora shooting they switched out regular guns for laser weapons.

Some reviews I read said that it will take a little while to get used to the cgi.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The review I read also mentioned that they lay the groundwork for a couple of heroes to show up later, namely Metamorpho and Mr Terrific.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The review I read also mentioned that they lay the groundwork for a couple of heroes to show up later, namely Metamorpho and Mr Terrific.

Mr Terrific I guessed because his civilian identity was the guy mentioned in the first clip.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Oh yeah, get ready for that 90s Spider-Man action baby! Laser pistols for every beat cop on the street, son!

Honestly, I didn't think the animation looked that bad, now that I'm seeing it a little more in motion. It definitely looks better than GL:TAS to me at least.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Isn't that standard for kids shows?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dr Tran posted:

In Batman TAS and Superman TAS they used guns all the time. In Gargoyles they had an episode about a main character accidentally shooting another.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr Tran posted:

This show is rated PG same as Star wars the clone wars which could get away with a lot.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dr Tran posted:

Eh, depends. Y7 has lots of wiggle room. Justice League and some Marvel shows had legit guns and bullets, while other shows airing at the same time had lasers. I remember early episodes of The Batman had some intense action sequences with cops holding these hilariously stupid Star Trek-style phaser things that just made it impossible to take it seriously.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It's less what the rating lets them get away with, and more what the sponsors let them get away with.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Beware the Batman isn't too bad so far.

Weird choice in making Alfred Jason Statham tho.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So was I the only one who noticed that Katana was riding the Machine Cyclone?

Between this and Mikey watching Not-Ultraman on TMNT, seems like toku's getting pretty popular among animators these days.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Weird choice in Batman have ultra sleek micro future bombs and Mr. Toad is using a Looney Tunes style black sphere with a fuse coming out of it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I should've said television actually as Deadpool has been represented very well except for USM and the DP game.
Okay after actually watching the episode, after brushing it off with the clips I saw, I don't think it was that bad, though for some reason I thought Will was going for making DP sound like Invader Zim at times. How they changed Deadpool's origin was pretty stupid too, I mean just say that he was with Weapon X with Wolverine and went insane.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
Beware The Batman was alright. I giggled a little bit at the bank robbers using neon colored guns. What were those, stun guns? Batman kept getting bamboozled the whole episode too. I dunno how I feel about Alfred being Agent 47 with a british accent.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

This rendition of Batman has bigger lips than michael keaton.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I must say that I liked it a lot. Pyg and Toad were great villains for the first episode and Batman and Alfred felt right.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
I don't know how anyone can defend that thing, the action works a little better than it seemed it might at first but the faces are all expressionless death masks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DynamicSloth posted:

I don't know how anyone can defend that thing, the action works a little better than it seemed it might at first but the faces are all expressionless death masks.

It says Batman on it, must be consumed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yeah I really don't know how anyone can say beware the batman is any good at all. It was so dull and bland, and ugly. Nothing about that show is interesting. There is no style, no substance. That show is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a feeling you guys are too bugged by the Art Style to give it a chance.

• Locked thread