Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Don't worry I got the snacks myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
The kitty I have been fostering was introduced to iPad Cat games last night.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

rawk cawk posted:

This happened in my house once. I had to start keep the Greenies in a tupperware.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Pizza pretended not to like the treats we bought him, so we felt safe not guarding them...until he snuck the bag under the bed and ate every single one.

They're behind a latching door these days.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
It's the one cabinet without a child lock. I'll get around to it eventually. It's also super great of him to try to get them at 2 in the morning and having to hear the cabinet door slamming endlessly while he tries to open it :mad:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

rawk cawk posted:

It's the one cabinet without a child lock. I'll get around to it eventually. It's also super great of him to try to get them at 2 in the morning and having to hear the cabinet door slamming endlessly while he tries to open it :mad:

I actually have child locks on my cabinets. I do not have children. I keep nothing of value to the animals in any of the cabinets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had to put child locks on my cabinets because one of the cats like to get in there and steal the bread. I would either come home or wake up and go into the kitchen and find a loaf of bread on the counter with teeth marks all over it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
My cat can get into the kitchen cabinet which is okay because that's she hides when there's a thunderstorm.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

rawk cawk posted:

"Don't worry, I can get them by myself now..."

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

rawk cawk posted:

Our cat Tiki did this when we were away for the weekend and hid them under a rug. He then ripped a hole in the top of the rug to get at them. He was incredibly proud when we got home.

Here he is digging into some catnip ny the house.

Being a grump on my chair.

This is the drawer where the treats used to be safe.

Sometimes he forgets to sit like a cat, too.

He pretends he isn't photogenic.

Kind Milkman has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Jul 11, 2013

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

This is my Maine Coon, Loki. I caught him sitting in here, he's too weird.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

rawk cawk posted:

Feline greenies are essentially kitty crack. Actually as I typed this moose was trying to paw his off the shelf.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

tacatical assault rifle

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

No Pun Intended posted:

Feline greenies are essentially kitty crack. Actually as I typed this moose was trying to paw his off the shelf.

This is true. I bought some just to try them out and after the response, I don't buy any other treat now. We moved into a new place now and I keep them on top of the fridge. I wish I had a pic/vid of Tabitha Cat making face love to the fridge trying to tell me she wants a treat.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Whiskey_Dick posted:

It's me

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Whiskey_Dick posted:

This is hilarious. Cats where they don't belong :neckbeard:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

No Pun Intended posted:

My wife reports Tater Tot got his snacks again. Definitely getting a child lock by this weekend.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Whiskey_Dick posted:

He's pooping.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Weird, neither of my cats will touch Greenies.

They both like Temptations (but only one Tuna flavour) but REALLY go wild for those freeze-dried PureBites shrimp. Somewhat behind that is My Mighty Lions.

Kitty Crack for both of them is the Kong Salmon Paste :barf:
There is NOTHING they won't do for that stuff. Which is great because it's the reward we use to teach them to hold still for claw trimming, sitting steady in the scale's basket for weighing, etc. The Big One used to be afraid of the scale but he no kidding JUMPS into it now as soon as we bring it out, ready for his salmon paste. We have trouble making him leave.

A friend's cat won't touch PureBites. Different cats like different things I guess v:shobon:v

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

This is hilarious. Cats where they don't belong :neckbeard:

Loki also loves (hates?) beer boxes:

(sorry for poo poo image quality)

RhomboidSphinx
Jun 17, 2013

This is a beautiful cat. Those ear-tufts :3:

This is Lucky.

She's almost 15 years-old and is the sweetest thing ever (despite the slight :catstare: expression). She was found abandoned in a cardboard box in the middle of a field with 3 other siblings as a few weeks-old kitten. We didn't take on the others (still regret that), but she's had unconditional love since then.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Orange bowtie for Pizza had shipped life is about to get amaaaaaaaazing

Rat Patrol has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Jul 12, 2013

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Whiskey_Dick posted:

"Oh god...did I leave the oven on?"

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Loki also loves (hates?) beer boxes:

(sorry for poo poo image quality)
Similarly, here's a couple of pics that my friend linked to me on Tumblr:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
My mom used to have a cat that was so determined to get the Tupperware with catnip in it that she eventually had to keep it in the freezer, because he would do ANYTHING to get to it. The last straw was when she put it on a shelf and he knocked over an antique clock to get at it.

On the other hand, he'd let me push him around in a baby stroller.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This is amazing. PLAYBOT HAS ARRIVED. IT IS PLAYTIME NOW. BEEP.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Being adorable is hard work. Pickle agrees:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

How do you manage to take so many pix of refurb sleeping, if I so much as start heading in nerd's direction while she's stretched out in a funny pose she immediately coils up and mrrps at me.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

tehloki posted:

How do you manage to take so many pix of refurb sleeping, if I so much as start heading in nerd's direction while she's stretched out in a funny pose she immediately coils up and mrrps at me.

Take pictures off your cat all the time. Never stop. Ever. She needs to sleep eventually.

Actually, when Refurb hears the camera click on she always wakes up so I can only get pics of her sleeping when she's really out of it. That one was after a day of tequila slammers frantically hunting ants.

Exhibit B: she chased some bug around the house all drat afternoon and the dog chased her half the time. I found them both like this:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Hugo fell asleep while getting belly rubs, and just stayed like this for a while.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I got one of this lil rear end in a top hat asleep in his favorite spot:

but then:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Our cat relaxing in the shade.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

One of the relatively new kittens we adopted for a total of a four-cat house. Sorry about the crap pic, I only had the phone with me.

Also some old pictures of our other two when they were tiny.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 10:34 on Jul 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!