Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Oooh, I'd like it if it is. I never got that email even though I did the WBID thing and all.

In that case, I would love it since I totally spaced out and forgot to do the WBID thing at all, while Yardbomb has a good chance of receiving one since he is apparantly not a fucktard who forgets things like me.

mrxjacobs@gmail.com if you care, if not, its cool.

Has there been any rumors or even talks about new DLC stages? Even if they are transitionless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MrJacobs posted:

Has there been any rumors or even talks about new DLC stages? Even if they are transitionless?

They specifically said no DLC stages.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Next week we're getting the Ame-comi skin pack. Meh

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Next week we're getting the Ame-comi skin pack. Meh

The Wonder Woman skin is alright. I'll probably still get it along with all the other costumes eventually.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Are daily challenges working yet?

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
So I've been looking in to the Scorpion vortex and it doesn't seem all that great. Off a j.3 I can get 30% meterless, or I can spend trait and a bar to get 34% and a free 50-50. From this 50-50 my overhead option gives me 23% and the low lands 26% with both costing a bar. If we assume a 50-50 success rate, average everything out, and compare it to the meterless combo you're spending 2 bars and trait for 16.75%, pretty lackluster. Of of a MB teleport starter we can set up the vortex for just trait, there we're spending trait and a bar for 12.75% which is better but not amazing. It is great off of a teleport punish though, so it seems like you'll get much more mileage by doing meterless combos ending with chain followed by the hellfire/punish wakeup attack 50-50.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Loved this part so much I made a crappy gif.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

KungFu Grip posted:

Loved this part so much I made a crappy gif.

Lawyer Scorpion is the best Scorpion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrJacobs posted:

I love that rumor, though he had better play totally different than Zatanna.

Fate just does magic stuff, and it's usually Ankh shaped. He doesn't use magic words like Zatanna.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

If it weren't for those glasses, I would never figure out he was Scorpion.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Been a bit interested in picking up Injustice since well it's pretty awesome. My question is there a "definitive" version of the game to pick up? PS3/360/WiiU? Or are they all created equal?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Zain posted:

Been a bit interested in picking up Injustice since well it's pretty awesome. My question is there a "definitive" version of the game to pick up? PS3/360/WiiU? Or are they all created equal?

I think WiiU version is missing some online features, and the game tends to have a bit of slowdown and tearing on PS3. So I would say Xbox for a tad better performance and a bigger online community. But they're all good so you can pick up whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Zain posted:

PS3 and 360 are both good but the Wii version's had to wait a long while for even the basic DLC the other two platforms got, so in general it's probably a bit better to grab one of those.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Played Ranked Mode, Player and some Lobby for a few hours yesterday interchanging between Sinestro and Aquaman and got myself a nice collection of hate mail in the process.

Glad to see that during the few weeks I haven't been able to play that the Injustice online community hasn't lost any of its sodium.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Played Ranked Mode, Player and some Lobby for a few hours yesterday interchanging between Sinestro and Aquaman and got myself a nice collection of hate mail in the process.

Glad to see that during the few weeks I haven't been able to play that the Injustice online community hasn't lost any of its sodium.

I'm pretty sure most players have a salt lick readily available. Or at least in the next room over.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

I'm pretty sure most players have a salt lick readily available. Or at least in the next room over.

Hey Unbound, you sly fox. Let's have a sesh or three soon.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Hey Unbound, you sly fox. Let's have a sesh or three soon.

For sure man. I'm just gonna be pretty busy till roughly Monday? Are you free then?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I've been running train on people with Sinestro in ranked, but then the game matches me up with a level 90 and I get destroyed.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

For sure man. I'm just gonna be pretty busy till roughly Monday? Are you free then?

Probably but before 3PM PST since I work late that day. If we can't play on Monday lets just get a sesh on whenever we're both on. I'll harass you on XBL if I see you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Apparently they're announcing some new DLC at EVO tomorrow. Speculation has been Watchmen, Powergirl, Martian Manhunter, etc. Ed Boon has said stuff like no more MK or Batman, but he's trolled in the past, right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VarrosAnon posted:

Apparently they're announcing some new DLC at EVO tomorrow. Speculation has been Watchmen, Powergirl, Martian Manhunter, etc. Ed Boon has said stuff like no more MK or Batman, but he's trolled in the past, right?

To add fuel to the fire, he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/356080888783716353

Plastic Day? :psyduck:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Meltman confirmed for next dlc.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh, so it is Powergirl.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/11/black-canary-injustice-gods-among-us-concept-artwork-bernard-beneteau/
One of the games artists, Bernard Beneteau, put up a gallery of concept artwork. Among them is artwork of Black Canary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/11/black-canary-injustice-gods-among-us-concept-artwork-bernard-beneteau/
One of the games artists, Bernard Beneteau, put up a gallery of concept artwork. Among them is artwork of Black Canary.

None of those are her tie-in comic look either. Not that that's drawn by the game artists anyway.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not the first time he teased about Plas. Please, let it be true...

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

If you aren't watching Evo, Injustice is on all day on srkevo2 (the srkevo1 stream is UMvC3): http://www.multitwitch.tv/srkevo1/srkevo2/

Also concept art means nothing. Black Canary was most likely in contention to make the initial roster, so they had concept art drawn up. Yeah, they could revisit her and end up using it, but it's just as likely that it remains there as a footnote in the game's development history and nothing more.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Oh my god so many of those Black Canary concepts are awful

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Krad posted:

Not the first time he teased about Plas. Please, let it be true...

Yeah, Plastic Man is definitely who I'd second most like to see, so that would be great.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Spaceman Bill posted:

I personally think all of them are, but if I had to choose, the Lady Gaga one would have to be it. It almost looks good until you get to the furry leggings and it just gets super silly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spaceman Bill posted:

Was just going to say this.

Not to slag the artist, but I'm guessing a good reason Black Canary didn't make it into the game was probably due to her concept art being so completely uninspired and dull.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you look at the concept art, it's almost all like that.

New designs of the character, then a point where you can see someone say "Jesus Christ, try to make it look like the character" and they reign it in a bit.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Aphrodite posted:

If you look at the concept art, it's almost all like that.

Man, I would've loved the hell out of some of those Captain Marvel concept slides though.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

So nice to finally see a decent Nightwing on stream in Mad KOF.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

"People are just figuring out how good Flash is"

:crossarms:

Aya Samo with the HitBox Flash running train on a Nightwing player 2-0.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I think I'm inspired to learn Sinestro now. Normally the ones I see play are pretty boring but that was some sick, sick play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Lot of people in the chat talking about how only half of the roster is usable, but for having so many characters there really has been a lot of variety. I'd say there's been more experimentation and variety here than there was in the MK9 competition. I mean, I know this game is much, much newer than that one, but it's good that the game seems to have a robust sense of balance while having the excellent NRS at the helm to make it even better.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ParanoidInc posted:

I think I'm inspired to learn Sinestro now. Normally the ones I see play are pretty boring but that was some sick, sick play.

Yeah, Wound Cowboy 88 is especially good considering how quickly and regularly he was able to charge his trait against Superman and Green Arrow and how on point his zoning and keepaway game was. Prime examples of how effective of a character Sinestro can really be.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Do any Killer Frosts ever use her trait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That Gridman v. ForeverKing match was great, too bad ForeverKing got a bit flustered in the last round.

• Locked thread