Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's no way that Doc Venture is all the way dead. If they really wanted to kill him off they'd make it more gruesome to really ram it in.

(also 24 is totally still alive in some weird way because one of Monstroso's henchmen recognized him :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Optimus Subprime posted:

in the slate interview from a week ago, they talked about how a lot of things are related to the actions of the original venture crew, so it'll be interesting to see how it all pans put and what chickens are coming home to roost.

Is the season finale an hour long?
I'm pretty sure Hank and Dean, who are going to be sent to their godfathers per the finale description, are going to be living with two old Team Venture members

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's no way that Doc Venture is all the way dead. If they really wanted to kill him off they'd make it more gruesome to really ram it in.

(also 24 is totally still alive in some weird way because one of Monstroso's henchmen recognized him :v:)

Monstroso's henchman used to hench for the Monarch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SlothfulCobra posted:

That henchman was actually an unwitting psychic who could see Gary's brain-phantoms. Once he realized the extent of his abilities, he moved quickly up the Guild ladder.

Citizen Insane
Oct 7, 2004

We come in to the world and we have to go, but we do not go merely to serve the turn of one enemy or another.

hughesta posted:

Guys, I think Vendata is The Monarch's dad.

Also holy gently caress

Man, Jonas, Sr. really was an enormous son of a bitch, wasn't he? Guess that explains the Monarch's seething hate-on for the Ventures, if it's true.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My only reaction was a loud, sharp bark of a laugh. The second Brock said "It's just the Monarch, what's he gonna do," the fix was in - but that wasn't the resolution I was expecting.

All I'm saying is, Rusty suffered a catastrophic industry in the same episode we were introduced to the concept of Venture Industries' take on Robocop technology.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What a great ending. And I don't think Doc is dead, check out the un-aired clips from the preview for season 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8WMvxzRis

Looks like a lot of the Monarch and Rusty is in there getting some kind of dental work/torture from the Monarch.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the way they'd do it is leave him possibly dead going into the finale and completely finish him off in the final episode.

I'll also echo all the holy poo poo in this thread. The only way this gets better is if the big finish is resolved by supermecha Treister showing up to be the deus ex machina.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

notZaar posted:

What a great ending. And I don't think Doc is dead, check out the un-aired clips from the preview for season 5:

Looks like a lot of the Monarch and Rusty is in there getting some kind of dental work/torture from the Monarch.

Some of those Monarch tortureing Doc could be flash backs.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

I love that Dr. Killinger is still helping the revenche society even after his scene last season was cut.

That can't be right, Major Tom was in the crashed ship, we saw his body be resurrected by Rusty's time device.

Is this scene that was cut on youtube or was it never animated? I really want to see it now after tonight's insanely amazing episode :munch:

Vira
Mar 6, 2007

BooDoug187 posted:

Some of those Monarch tortureing Doc could be flash backs.

3:18 has sort of a give away.

Vira fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 15, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They really do know how to make the best endings for a episode, don't they?
Looks like everythings going to turn out okay!
SPLAT.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Monarch had a loving submarine fall on him and he lived so anything can happen at any time.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

notZaar posted:

Wow, I forgot about that promo video. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. But aren't the boys supposed to go live with their godfather(s) next episode? I wonder how they're going to react to it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Season finale already?

Are we going to wait another 3 years for the next season now? :ohdear:

According to a podcast a few pages back, they're aiming for late 2014 or early 2015.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Desperate Character posted:

Is this scene that was cut on youtube or was it never animated? I really want to see it now after tonight's insanely amazing episode :munch:

Ditto.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
It's both amazing and terrible that they just dropped so many twists into the story with a single hour left to tide us for the next two to three years. Next week can't come soon enough.

I also thought Brock was going to go back to his roots when he was heading towards that stage.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
This was an even better episode than O.S.I. Love You, mainly because the jokes were a bit thicker on the ground. Don Hell's guild nightclub was such a fun setting, and the guild guys are pretty solid material.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Crossposting from r/venturebros:

I hope this is intentional.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"rear end to rear end!"

Holy poo poo, I didn't think this show could get any better. That was one of the funniest Venture Bros episodes I've seen in a long time.

notZaar posted:

Also, Hatred flying the hovertank around shouting about a "reckoning" while firing missiles at the cocoon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo what a great episode. I knew Dr Z was one of them. It is pretty great to see most of the guild members.

Also there is no way in hell Rusty died but it probably messed him up pretty badly.

No way would Monarch would want Rusty to die like that. He would want him to die by his HANDS.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

axleblaze posted:

That would be The Revenge Society

It's a pity they keep having Rusty being shown as scared and panicked when hes in danger. I love the moments were he's just nonchalant and jaded as gently caress. I mean he's been dealing with poo poo like that nonstop for decades.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Something I just noticed rewatching this: Billy calls Pete "Steve Albino".

Never thought I'd see a Steve Albini joke in a fairly mainstream show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Headshot just has to shoot someone in the finale. He keeps getting cockblocked.

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

Ghost Robot is swiftly becoming my favorite of the side characters. Also on that note:

Venture Brothers: Merely re-calibrating expectations.....there.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Khaba posted:

I also thought Brock was going to go back to his roots when he was heading towards that stage.

When he started trying to pull out his knife, I was pretty sure Brock was gonna start stabbing some Guild chumps, yeah.

Also :tviv: was legitimately my reaction to all three big moments in the last few minutes of the episode. Vendata is totally the Monarch's dad. And good god, poor Doc.

notZaar posted:

Yeah, there's a bunch of scenes we haven't seen yet that are pretty definitely from the finale now. Including Team Venture vs. Brainulo, Gary and Hatred chatting in the woods, and Zeus Jonas.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Amazing episode.

PostNouveau posted:

Headshot just has to shoot someone in the finale. He keeps getting cockblocked.

He's gonna shoot Brock for sleeping with Amber, ain't he?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Alternatively, he'll somehow get it into his head to shoot Amber. Maybe after she dumps him for being a total douche.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

RandallODim posted:

When he started trying to pull out his knife, I was pretty sure Brock was gonna start stabbing some Guild chumps, yeah.

Also :tviv: was legitimately my reaction to all three big moments in the last few minutes of the episode. Vendata is totally the Monarch's dad. And good god, poor Doc.

Yeah, there's a bunch of scenes we haven't seen yet that are pretty definitely from the finale now. Including Team Venture vs. Brainulo, Gary and Hatred chatting in the woods, and Zeus Jonas.

Zeus Jonas was in Spanakopita!.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

RandallODim posted:

The last one of your spoilers was in Spanakopita!.

e;fb

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
:tviv: I thought the Monarch was going to try and use an acid magnet on him or something, then WHAM. I laughed so hard I woke the whole house up. It's like the end to Season 3 all over again! Seriously, the only time Monarch or one of his minions successfully slays someone, it's completely by accident.

Also, Brock just leaving Vendata there, malfunctioning and poo poo. Cold, even for Brock. He could have at least sung him a song. :colbert:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Protagorean posted:

Also, Brock just leaving Vendata there, malfunctioning and poo poo. Cold, even for Brock. He could have at least sung him a song. :colbert:

Wasn't the whole point of the mission to get Vendetta in the first place?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

They wanted identities of the other Council members, too.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

They're really knocking it out of the park this season, what an episode.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Is the finale an hour or just regular length? Because the last 5 minutes kept throwing stuff at us that needs to be shown.

Protagorean posted:

Maybe Pump Up The Jam? What about Move This!?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Sereri posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the mission to get Vendetta in the first place?

Nah, they could have just grabbed him coming out of the restaurant if that's what the plan was. They just wanted to get him talking about his "co-workers", name them if possible. And I thought GhostRobot was killed in the Every Which Way but Zeus episode.

Also, what was Vandata/Major Tom saying at the end that's making you guys think he's Major Tom and The Monarch's father? I couldn't understand him. :(

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 15, 2013

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Anyone else notice on Shore Leave's guild ID Eyes was labeled YUMMY?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So from what's been shown so far, the finale might reveal The Monarch is Jonas bastard son, Rusty did something to accidentally cause their plane to crash, which is why when Jonas brought him back as a Cyborg he choked Rusty, thinking they got his kid killed, and why the Monarch hates him

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

KilGrey posted:

Also, what was Vandata/Major Tom saying at the end that's making you guys think he's Major Tom and The Monarch's father? I could understand him. :(

I'm pretty sure he isn't Major Tom since he was busy being a screaming skeleton in the first season.

Vendata might well be the Monarch's father since he kept asking where his wife was and their plane was crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

notZaar posted:

At 2:19, is...is The Monarch dressed up like Lo Pan?