Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:stonk:

That's in DFW too isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Nocheez posted:

This is a blog my friend keeps updated:
http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

I would not admit to this.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

At first I just figured the whole blog was sarcastic. Then I kept reading...

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bone_Enterprise posted:

It's awesome and my friend's car is going to end up in there.

Although he's the one who keeps reminding me that when you front left and back right tire are both flat you know it wasn't an accident........

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't understand what is happening here. It appears to be a collection of pictures of Brown Toyota Camrys?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't understand what is happening here. It appears to be a collection of pictures of Brown Toyota Camrys?

Yep. The dude who runs it has a Tanry with some significant body damage. You see tons of tan Camrys all over the place, so he put up the blog for fun.

He's the kind of guy who drove to see Tommy Wiseau (of "The Room" fame) and get his picture taken with him. Sometimes people just want to be goofballs.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think it's pretty funny.

I wish I had thought of it first because I'd do some kind of breathless-prose blog like Speedhunters but for a specific kind of boring commuter car, doing intense technical profiles on "builds" and analyzing everyone's life story about their cars. Well... I guess I could do that anyway.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I wish I had thought of it first because I'd do some kind of breathless-prose blog like Speedhunters but for a specific kind of boring commuter car, doing intense technical profiles on "builds" and analyzing everyone's life story about their cars. Well... I guess I could do that anyway.

Both of those things are the perfect way to pass the time while stuck in traffic.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I'd like to say I want to see it when it's done, but we all know it already is.

I love it.

It's like the poor version of this:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Spongebob Tampax posted:

I love it.

"I need something to make this thing look really cool. I know! 15-year-old Malibu headlights!"

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Throatwarbler posted:

I have 3 friends with champagne colored 2001 or so Corollas. gently caress. There are SOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY of them out there.
Like this one I stole from a Craigslist ad:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Spongebob Tampax posted:

I love it.

They're both the same car :ssh:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
That f-body makes me irrationally angry

gaaah, so ugly! So stupid!

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Seat Safety Switch posted:

KiaRondoEnthusiast.com isn't taken. Neither is MalibuMaxxSSTuners.net. Better grab your claim to blogging fame while you can.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nocheez posted:

Yep. The dude who runs it has a Tanry with some significant body damage. You see tons of tan Camrys all over the place, so he put up the blog for fun.

He's the kind of guy who drove to see Tommy Wiseau (of "The Room" fame) and get his picture taken with him. Sometimes people just want to be goofballs.

I don't know how anyone could take that site seriously, just look at all the pics he takes and doodles over them. I thought it was pretty funny at least.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

I don't know how anyone could take that site seriously, just look at all the pics he takes and doodles over them. I thought it was pretty funny at least.

If you can't laugh at "Fake Tan Friday" then you have no sense of humor.

VOR LOC
Dec 8, 2007
captured

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Read this as "thetan Camry" and thought it was about toyotas owned by scientologists. Was dissapointed.

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

I just found out DC101 operates a Sebring Sightings page.

http://www.dc101.com/photos/sebring-sightings/

The preview image for July 2012:

:stare:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I photograph every Chrysler Pacifica I see and text it to a friend of mine, and he sends me photos of Mercedes RLs in return. The joke has been going on for so long now that I don't even remember what started it years ago, but we can't stop. My wife even takes photos of them when she sees one and sends it to me so I can send it to him. I have possibly the largest collection of Chrysler Pacifica photos in history.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Speaking of terrible Chrysler products working well above and beyond their call of duty, I saw this hauling down US60 a week or two ago (not my photo):

I was amazed to see that it's even capable of 65MPH, even though you could hear it working drat hard to stay there.

DropShadow posted:

I have possibly the largest collection of Chrysler Pacifica photos in history.

You monster.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

You monster.

Holy :laffo:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I personally am always a sucker for mspaint text and arrows pointing things out in a picture in a sincere/satirical manner.

tl:dr Tanmry blog is pretty cool.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I take a picture any time I park next to a Subaru.

The last one freaked me out cause I looked up and saw dogs in my car and it took a second to realize it wasn't my car.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

Fart Pipe posted:

I take a picture any time I park next to a Subaru.
If you did this in Washington you'd have a picture of every place you've ever parked.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Hah, Id wear out the sensor in my phone. Connecticut/New England is probably second to Washington though.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Cruseydr posted:

If you did this in Washington you'd have a picture of every place you've ever parked.

Hell I could restrict it to only taking pictures when I park next to the same body style outback and still be taking pictures almost everywhere. Its so bad that my gf has tried many times to get into the wrong car, since another green ~2000 outback with a similar dog rear seat cover decided to park a few spots away from her.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I live in Washington and no joke at least 50% of my friends with cars have Subarus. Of my friends that don't have cars, most of them say they would get a Subaru.

Subarus are the "guns and bibles" of the Northwest, and it seems that no amount of blown headgaskets, broken suspensions, or rattletrap interiors will diminish their blind faith in the mighty Pleiades.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Subarus, but they're really disproportionately popular here and a lot of people would probably be better served with a different vehicle for a number of reasons. For every one person I know that really uses their Outback for its intended purpose, I know two more people that rarely leave the city.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 16, 2013

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That's a much better ratio than SUVs.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah if we replaced every fuckstick with a lifted up f250 that has never seen so much as a sheet of plywood in the bed with an Outback the world would be a much better place.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

JaysonAych posted:

"I need something to make this thing look really cool. I know! 15-year-old Malibu headlights!"

Best part? It's a Caprice, and not even one of the round ones.

edit: CONTENT!

Spotted this on the road a while back:

And this at work. I'd say he was waiting to afford huge rims, but it's been like that for over a year. Really clean CVPI except for the 4x4 stance.

Yes, it rides stiff as hell, thanks to the cargo coils or whatever he's got under there.

And the best for last. Saw this while out with family last Saturday:

There is not enough :ughh: for this.

edit 2: fixed first pic upside-down-ness, I think.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 17, 2013

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Your first pic is upside down, which made viewing it on my phone hilariously difficult. Also a CVPI/Caprice with that stance generally means they are in the process of being donked. That last car is just horrible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

And this at work. I'd say he was waiting to afford huge rims, but it's been like that for over a year. Really clean CVPI except for the 4x4 stance.

Yes, it rides stiff as hell, thanks to the cargo coils or whatever he's got under there.

That's pretty presumptuous :colbert:

That lift is nowhere near sufficient for anything larger than stock tires. It's possible he's got air bags and keeps it aired up to whatever is comfortable for driving.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

One too many rear-enders?

Nice parking job, officer.

(And there was no emergency. I watched him stroll into Target.)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DropShadow posted:

Nice parking job, officer.

(And there was no emergency. I watched him stroll into Target.)

Boulder Police?

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Chinatown posted:

Boulder Police?

Boulder, CO? I doubt it. The cop plate and the others don't look like any CO plate I've seen...

Also, too many trees

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Somewhere in Minnesota... cop cars don't need plates in that state. The Minneapolis cop cars all have plates that simply say POLICE on them.

Plus the silver GM SUV has a Minnesota plate.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Cenodoxus posted:

KiaRondoEnthusiast.com isn't taken. Neither is MalibuMaxxSSTuners.net. Better grab your claim to blogging fame while you can.

Here's one guaranteed fan of KiaRondoEnthusiast.com:

Negromancer posted:

Hell I could restrict it to only taking pictures when I park next to the same body style outback and still be taking pictures almost everywhere. Its so bad that my gf has tried many times to get into the wrong car, since another green ~2000 outback with a similar dog rear seat cover decided to park a few spots away from her.

When I had my white '96 legacy (see above photo) I accidentally opened the door of someone else's white '96 legacy parked one row over from me in the lot. He even had the same color interior. I only realized it was the wrong car when I saw how dirty it was inside.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

DropShadow posted:

One too many rear-enders?

I bet this rear end in a top hat "brake checks" people on a regular basis.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
When I had my silver 2001 Cavalier I parked it at a mall, then came out to find four other identical silver Cavaliers parked next to it.

To make matters worse, my key fob battery had died so I had to try and manually figure out which car was mine. It was the one that wasn't filled with trash and whose muffler hanger was still intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Previa_fun posted:

I bet this rear end in a top hat "brake checks" people on a regular basis.

I'd like to carve "THEN STOP DRIVING SLOW IN THE PASSING LANE" into it