Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

euphronius posted:

My first time on Tatooine. It is not nearly as bad as people say!

Tatooine is ok though the dune sea can be annoying. But it leads on to the worst planet Seriously, gently caress alderaan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
God drat this game utter poo poo at handling visuals for procs, a power auras type system like WoW has would do wonders.

I'm leveling a Deception Assassin and just got the Duplicity talent, the proc is a very subtle purple glow for about .5 seconds, so now I have to stare at my buffs bar to see if it shows up. Would it be so hard to add some kind of notification system? Even the flyout text options don't seem to work.

Another gripe is with my marauder, there's no way for me to move my rage bar somewhere else so I'm always staring at the rage bar instead of the actual game.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Strategy posted:

God drat this game utter poo poo at handling visuals for procs, a power auras type system like WoW has would do wonders.

I'm leveling a Deception Assassin and just got the Duplicity talent, the proc is a very subtle purple glow for about .5 seconds, so now I have to stare at my buffs bar to see if it shows up. Would it be so hard to add some kind of notification system? Even the flyout text options don't seem to work.

Another gripe is with my marauder, there's no way for me to move my rage bar somewhere else so I'm always staring at the rage bar instead of the actual game.

Both of those gripes are a big reason as to why I don't play much any MMOs anymore, much less TOR. That and watching 20plus goddamn cooldowns a fight. My internal clock was pretty good, but apparently not good enough. I found that 90 percent of the time, I'm trying to watch buff icons pop (or drop) rather than the action on screen. I vaguely remember in beta that the rage/focus meters for marauders/sentinels showed up under my characters feet but I could be talking out of my rear end.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Ferrosol posted:

Tatooine is ok though the dune sea can be annoying. But it leads on to the worst planet Seriously, gently caress alderaan

Planets I hate: Belsavis, with honorable mention Hoth. I'm not fond of Tatooine or Corellia, but they're all right in small doses.

Basically if the planet does not have a functional travel network, or if the travel network is intentionally hosed BELSAVIS, I don't want to go there.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

parasyte posted:

Planets I hate: Belsavis, with honorable mention Hoth. I'm not fond of Tatooine or Corellia, but they're all right in small doses.

Basically if the planet does not have a functional travel network, or if the travel network is intentionally hosed BELSAVIS, I don't want to go there.

The only tolerable way of doing the last couple of planets is to have enough xp you can do just the class quests and get out of there. It was great for that during double xp weekend. The only time I spent on belsavis, hoth, and voss was to go straight to story quests. I did a handful of filler quests on Corellia, but that was mostly because i was trying to get to 53 before heading to makeb so I could have the q66 mods.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nipponophile posted:

My first time on Tatooine, I had to walk most of the way.

Yeah.

I still remember the time where you got sprint at level 14 :allears:

Somehow I can't find the collections entry for the title ? Could someone point me the right way because I'm blind ?

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
I can't find the button to add it to my collection. It's a blank title at the end of the list though for those that can't find it. Also it is relabeling itself as a different title for me periodically. It is "Archon" right now even though it says it gives Revan's Heir.

Edit: Restarting the game seems to have fixed everything.

Agraya fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 15, 2013

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Agraya posted:

I can't find the button to add it to my collection. It's a blank title at the end of the list though for those that can't find it. Also it is relabeling itself as a different title for me periodically. It is "Archon" right now even though it says it gives Revan's Heir.

Mine just did the same thing. Took me a while to find it in collections. Pretty buggy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The collections thing is a big ol' pain in the rear end anyway. I wish I could just see what items I have available in one tab, and another list of items I can unlock for my legacy (equipped on one character).

Everytime I need to find a +41 crystal for one of my companions I can never remember what page it's on.

Of course, I see that getting enhanced the same day they allow us to hide useless recipes for our crafting (All Snipers need +shield implants).

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Medullah posted:

The collections thing is a big ol' pain in the rear end anyway. I wish I could just see what items I have available in one tab, and another list of items I can unlock for my legacy (equipped on one character).

The ability to start an alt and be in full orange gear with +41 end crystals at level 10 is pretty rad though. Good looking gear, too, not lovely low-level stuff.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Is there a recommendation to which character perks I should go with? I'm sitting on nearly 500k credits, so I can definitely afford a few. I'm a level 25 operative and level 9 legacy.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

SERPUS posted:

Is there a recommendation to which character perks I should go with? I'm sitting on nearly 500k credits, so I can definitely afford a few. I'm a level 25 operative and level 9 legacy.
If you like exploration, the exploration bonus is very cheap and gives you lots of extra experience.

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

That thing, you have, I need it.

SERPUS posted:

Shuttle to starship is huge, so is field respec if you've got a class that can tank or heal (or you just like the idea of being able to change your spec at will.)

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
I know you said character perks but if you don't have the rocket boost global unlock then I would highly recommend it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Pex-Corrh posted:

Shuttle to starship is huge, so is field respec if you've got a class that can tank or heal (or you just like the idea of being able to change your spec at will.)

QT to Ship is really, really nice. It starts out with a 24 hour cooldown, although the 'upgrades' for it are global perks so you only have to buy them once. QT to Ship once an hour is awesome.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
Yep. My favorites are the quick travel to starship and its two cooldown reducers (1/hour is pretty awesome). Then stock your ship with the mailbox, GTN terminal, and the repair/vendor droid. My ship has become very useful and convenient to me now.

gently caress brokering on the Fleet.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

There are ranked comms which you can buy for WZ comms once you hit valor 40.

Not that ranked WZ items are worth it. I checked, a lot of the ranked WZ items are only 1-5% better than their non-ranked bases. That might be worth it in PvE Op HM/NiM where you have extremely tight tolerances, but in PvP...it just isn't worth the massive time investment unless you really love the shells.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Red Crown posted:

Not that ranked WZ items are worth it. I checked, a lot of the ranked WZ items are only 1-5% better than their non-ranked bases. That might be worth it in PvE Op HM/NiM where you have extremely tight tolerances, but in PvP...it just isn't worth the massive time investment unless you really love the shells.

I'm only interested in an item model anyway.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Red Crown posted:

It's more the fact that if you enjoy PvP, you're going to be doing a lot of it. If you do a lot of it, you'll be getting the comms anyway, and what else are you going to spend them on?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Red Crown posted:

The difference between full Partisan inc augs and full Conq including augs is
code:
560 Main Stat
406 Endurance
112 Armor
98~200 Off Stat
Main stat being say willpower, and offstats being power/surge, shield/absorb, etc.

It does add up and would make a big difference to someone who takes pvp as serious business.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
The new PVP bracket appears to be 30 to 54. Are any of your actually telling me there are people actually paid to make this?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mehrunes posted:

The new PVP bracket appears to be 30 to 54. Are any of your actually telling me there are people actually paid to make this?

Lowbie pvp is the best, but the middle tier get more fun once you're north of 40 and have most of your abilities. Then everything gets superfun again as a fresh 55 facing organized players in full pvp gear...

Rkikzza
Sep 5, 2007

Mehrunes posted:

What's the problem with the bracket? With bolster it's not like someone who's 54 has a huge advantage.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Rkikzza posted:

What's the problem with the bracket? With bolster it's not like someone who's 54 has a huge advantage.

I guess it's just me who doesn't think it takes a huge advantage for PVP to be broken.

Rkikzza
Sep 5, 2007

Mehrunes posted:

I guess it's just me who doesn't think it takes a huge advantage for PVP to be broken.

Rkikzza posted:

What's the problem with the bracket?

Styles
Jul 17, 2004

at 54 I was wearing my legacy gear full EWH min max with almost 900 power smashing level 30's for almost 10k. A level 54 will have 6-8 more core abilities to use as well as spec'ing into their respective trees for lowered cooldowns. A level 54 tank will have backhand awe and saber reflect where a level 30 will not. At level 55 full conq min max has a 10-25 percent advantage over the partisan gear without a focus on min max.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Playing a Vanguard tank, at level 30-40, level 54 operatives could kill me before finishing their first burst.

It's a terrible bracket.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Still praying for cross-server PVP. It should be pretty high on their list by now.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Playing a Vanguard tank, at level 30-40, level 54 operatives could kill me before finishing their first burst.

It's a terrible bracket.

That has more to do with operatives being great at pvp.

As a tank in PvP you need a pocket healer. With a healer and a guard on that healer you are basically invincible and can cause stalemates at nodes.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

That has more to do with operatives being great at pvp.
gently caress no they are terrible PvP DPS.

They're straight up the best healers no questions asked for pvp, though.

vv
"A lot of dirty tricks" don't mean poo poo when you're hitting a tank with more HP than you have the ability to do in three of your initial rotations. A tank, especially a vanguard tank, that dies to the opener of an operative isn't actually a tank. They're just badly geared DPS.

FaintlyQuaint fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 16, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They're great at that initial Hidden Strike/Backstab, optional vanish, Hidden strike again burst...but after that they're mediocre DPS.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FaintlyQuaint posted:

gently caress no they are terrible PvP DPS.

They're straight up the best healers no questions asked for pvp, though.

DPS but we're talking about general utility for a 1vs1; they have a lot of dirty tricks.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Strategy posted:

Should have rolled DPS Jugg and never ever ever run out of rage. :v: Seriously, between Shien's refunds, Sundering Strike, Slam, Saber Throw, Force Choke, and just plain getting smacked around I almost never even have to use Enrage. When I do it's usually for a boss fight. Slam, Sunder, Ravage, Impale, Scream, Crush, Ravage/Vicious Throw(probably), repeat. It's a rare fight when I need to use Vicious slash. And my character raining blood when he jumps up and Impales a guy while he laughs menacingly to let me know I can Ravage again? :black101:

Alternatively, I find it prudent to move the Self/Target frames to the top portion of the screen, keep my eyes on that, and have the quickbars highlighted with ticker cooldowns. With the healtbars up top the rage bar will be the first thing your eyes catch moving between quickbars/stats with the fight in the middle. It makes the information you need a lot less crowded and more easily managable, and I find it usually gives me a better view of the fight too.

Agraya posted:

I know you said character perks but if you don't have the rocket boost global unlock then I would highly recommend it.

Absolutely do this. Rocketing around while sleathed or transitioning from rocket right into Force Charge a.k.a. Explosion Assisted Dive Bomb is just too good to pass up.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

FaintlyQuaint posted:

"A lot of dirty tricks" don't mean poo poo when you're hitting a tank with more HP than you have the ability to do in three of your initial rotations. A tank, especially a vanguard tank, that dies to the opener of an operative isn't actually a tank. They're just badly geared DPS.

At the time of me dying to them so quickly, I was fully geared in Cademimu poo poo for tanking, but thanks. I'm just not very good at the whole 'tanking' thing I guess, because I moved on and respecced to damage, and am just killing the operatives now.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

hobbesmaster posted:

As a tank in PvP you need a pocket healer. With a healer and a guard on that healer you are basically invincible and can cause stalemates at nodes.

I was in a thoroughly unfun round of Alderaan Civil War yesterday, when it seems at least half of the opposing team were Sith Inquisitors spamming the Force Wave equivalent (Overload?). Enough so that someone always had it on cooldown and could bounce us off the turrets whenever we tried to take them. They barely even bothered trying to kill any of us after capping two nodes, just sat and bounced us away. :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Simon Draskovic posted:

I was in a thoroughly unfun round of Alderaan Civil War yesterday, when it seems at least half of the opposing team were Sith Inquisitors spamming the Force Wave equivalent (Overload?). Enough so that someone always had it on cooldown and could bounce us off the turrets whenever we tried to take them. They barely even bothered trying to kill any of us after capping two nodes, just sat and bounced us away. :(

Kill them before trying to cap. Unless there's no one near the point or the other team is really dumb, there's no point ever trying to cap and it's up to 8 seconds of damage/healing you're wasting. Exceptions are stealthers and if you've drawn the fight away from the cap (see: idiots)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Kill them before trying to cap. Unless there's no one near the point or the other team is really dumb, there's no point ever trying to cap and it's up to 8 seconds of damage/healing you're wasting. Exceptions are stealthers and if you've drawn the fight away from the cap (see: idiots)

Man that was my favorite trick with my Scoundrel healer...Me and another stealther would go to the door in voidstar, or a node in civil war, and I'd unstealth and attack. I'd then run backwards with all their defenders on me, keeping myself alive because, well, it's hard to kill a scoundrel, and watch as the other stealther capped. So much fun.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Man that was my favorite trick with my Scoundrel healer...Me and another stealther would go to the door in voidstar, or a node in civil war, and I'd unstealth and attack. I'd then run backwards with all their defenders on me, keeping myself alive because, well, it's hard to kill a scoundrel, and watch as the other stealther capped. So much fun.

You missed the most important part. The other stealther has to /lol, or possibly dance on top of the cap.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

PvP is so drat frustrating when you have no +Expertise and the other team has 3-4+ people who have tons of it. :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Does expertise apply in PvE?

• Locked thread