Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

hubris.height posted:

i lost 75lb so far on the 'workout 3 times a week for 30ish min and don't eat fast food for lunch and stop drinking so much soda retard' diet. i don't eat entire pizzas anymore and being under 200 lb again is really its own reward.

i lost 20+ on the "eat better and run a lot" diet

its only been a few months though

i think i need to hit some dumb poo poo like 140 (i am 157 right now) to be "a good BMI" and that just sounds dumb. i want to look not fat then im good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I lost 10 pounds on the "eat ham and fruit" diet. Recently added sausage and vegetables to the menu as well

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I lost 10 pounds on the "eat ham and fruit" diet. Recently added sausage and vegetables to the menu as well

eating a hawaiian pizza with sausage and onion does not count as a diet food

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sniep posted:

eating a hawaiian pizza with sausage and onion does not count as a diet food

relatively speaking,

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
fun weight-loss fact: you can eat unlimited quantities of fiber one cereal and it will keep you feeling full and not count towards your calorie budget at all bc you poo poo it all out.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

how about instead you put 5 loving seconds into research and control your fat loving face instead

i swear to god

*drinks half a bottle of whiskey in anger*

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i basically lived on beef jerky energy drinks milk & apples in college, sometimes i'd get a sandwich or chili

p sure i can make some ca$h offa this diet :mrgw:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i basically lived on beef jerky energy drinks & apples in college, sometimes i'd get a sandwich or chili

p sure i can make some ca$h offa this diet :mrgw:

i hear the games forum needs a mod

also jerky is expensive how the gently caress

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

apples were dirt cheap and i ate a lot more of them

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
tbh i wasn't in very good shape in college

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

tbh i wasn't in very good shape in college

yospos.txt

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

jerkin all that meat is an costly process

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
in 2009 all i did for a whole month was drink water, highlife, and smoke cigarettes

that was cool

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i literally didnt eat anything for 32 days

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
punker buddy of mine lived for 30 days off of a liter of mt dew and a big grab of cool ranch doritos each day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

graph posted:

in 2009 all i did for a whole month was drink water, highlife, and smoke cigarettes

that was cool

same, i have no idea how i did it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Al! posted:

same, i have no idea how i did it

yeah me either

shock/depression/sadbrains is a powerful thing

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Police Quest guy wants to make a new first-person Police Quest

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/precinctgame/precinct

If you didn't play the original it was a Sierra point-n-clicker where instead of loving you over by having items you had to pick up at the beginning of the game and keep for hours, it forced you to follow proper police procedure to the letter or (usually) die.

Was kinda cool in the day; like having to be careful where you pulled someone over, had to approach the car right, had to follow legal procedure to get permission to search it, etc. otherwise it came back to bite you on the rear end. Like, if you forgot to search a perp after arresting them they could pull a knife/gun and kill you and so on.

dunno if I'd really wanna play a cop now though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fabricated posted:

The Police Quest guy wants to make a new first-person Police Quest

that show ruled

BLACK TEEN SPOTTED

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

a big grab of cool ranch doritos

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that show ruled

BLACK TEEN SPOTTED

one time joe arpaio and steven seagal pulled up to this guy's house. he was suspected of cockfighting. so steven seagal drove a tank into his living room and then they shot his golden retriever. he wasn't charged with anything. Arizowneda

seriously though the police quest games were sweet and I can't wait for them to go more than 25% off on steam. king's quest too.

We're the ants, led by king antony
We're coming to help King Graham

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i didnt know english when i played police quest so i just walked around the station and typed gently caress piss

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

was it the king's quest games where you'd get 98% of the way through the game and then get stuck because you didn't pick up some useless object hidden in the first screen?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
yeah

roberta williams is a cool lady

quote:

Back when I got started, which sounds like ancient history, back then the demographics of people who were into computer games, was totally different, in my opinion, then they are today. Back then, computers were more expensive, which made them more exclusive to people who were maybe at a certain income level, or education level. So the people that played computer games 15 years ago were that type of person. They probably didn't watch television as much, and the instant gratification era hadn't quite grown the way it has lately. I think in the last 5 or 6 years, the demographics have really changed, now this is my opinion, because computers are less expensive so more people can afford them. More "average" people now feel they should own one.

that's from 1999 btw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"fuckin casuals" - robert williams, 1999

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

that's literally what she was saying. she's also a lolbertarian

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

really want to ask her if she feels the increasing internet usage by "urban demographics" may be responsible and the main issue is not just this demographics' "lower income" but their "culture" is "sufficiently different" they don't understand the games on the same level...

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
haile selassie is in king's quest ix: romancing the dank rastathrone

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Soulja_Boy_Braid.avi

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i love that because he's just having a good time and OH GOD THE COMMENTS

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
it's a drat shame that omm is gone and therefore a google search for "roberta williams centipedes in her vagina" doesn't come up with relevant matches anymore :(

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah

roberta williams is a cool lady

that's from 1999 btw

counterpoint: http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

oh yeah that's the stuff

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's weird that the best gaming journalism ever was some of the first

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i love that because he's just having a good time and OH GOD THE COMMENTS

soulja boy is a tool but i love how furious it makes indie game nerds, esp. jonathan blow

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Al! posted:

soulja boy is a tool but i love how furious it makes indie game nerds, esp. jonathan blow

jonathan blow is the other type of terrible indie dev. not terrible in the "my code is perfect" edward mcmillen way, but rather in the "everything i touch is art i am an artistic genius" way

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

quote:

Just watched Indie Game: The Movie - the part where they showed Jonathan Blow watching the Soulja Boy video about Braid was hilarious. Every other part of the movie was a little too stressful for me to enjoy. Love where Phil Fish threatens to murder his former partner on camera and then doubles down on that threat later in his rant.

gotta watch this now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it is definitely worth your time, watch it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

quote:

One particularly sombre section, for example, sees Jonathan Blow recall his depression following the release of Braid, a depression caused by the belief that people were failing to appreciate his artistic intentions in the game’s otherwise-glowing reviews. The whole segment is bookended by clips from that cringe-inducing video of Soulja Boy playing the game, which, coupled with Guthrie’s dip into the melancholy, is enough to place you in the exact mindset necessary to relate to Blow’s woes.

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

it is definitely worth your time, watch it

im guessing that its intended to show you the process of these great artists but its going to look like the king of kong or the rockafire explosion instead.

• Locked thread