Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

FBI Can’t Bring Themselves To Bust Guy Torrenting Every Season Of ‘Picket Fences’

This made me laugh. I enjoyed Picket Fences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

http://www.theonion.com/articles/terrified-johnny-depp-unable-to-remove-tonto-makeu,33090/

Terrified Johnny Depp unable to remove Tonto Makeup.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I was coming here to post this one.

quote:

The man who downloaded the show could not be reached for comment, which sources confirmed is unfortunate, because talking to another human being is something he could probably use right about now

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
how many people have you known like?
Local Airhead Wants To Work With Kids

pre 9-11 Onion had an different type of edge to it. the writers seemed more into collegy "stuff that happened around them"
rather than the current events/edgy nihilism that today's Onion has.

ha, i stand corrected
New Crispy Snack Cracker To Ease Crushing Pain of Modern Life

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god.
I will never consider any of The Onion's slideshows as exaggerations ever again.

J Corp
Oct 16, 2006

I risked hypothermia and broken limbs and all I got was this shitty avatar and a severe case of shrinkage
I can't which parts are supposed to be sarcastic, I forget how the internet was back then.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-consults-internet-whenever-possible,1515/

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Insurance Company Gets hosed Over By Another Cancer Patient

As usual, last line.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

J Corp posted:

I can't which parts are supposed to be sarcastic, I forget how the internet was back then.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-consults-internet-whenever-possible,1515/

This is so wonderfully quaint.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

J Corp posted:

All of it. Back then the internet wasn't really something used by normal people.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

CatchrNdRy posted:

stuff like this:

quote:

"I really loved my job," said Shore, moving her scrunchie from her ponytail to her wrist.
is why i love The Onion.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CatchrNdRy posted:

pre 9-11 Onion had an different type of edge to it. the writers seemed more into collegy "stuff that happened around them"

ha, i stand corrected

If you ever see the documentary The Artistocrats, which was filmed in the early 00s, they have a segment with The Onion's writing staff and at the time they were all a bunch of smug punchable college kids.

Here's my impression of The Onion as seen on that documentary:

"Republicans :smug::hf::smug:"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
George Zimmerman offers to just plead guilty and just pay fine or whatever

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Mother Teresa Sent To Hell In Wacky Afterlife Mix-Up

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Texas to keep state red by banning tampons in capitol.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The Onion is in a very dark place right now. :stare:

The Onion's Tips for Treating a Sunburn

Seth Pecksniff has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Jul 13, 2013

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Onion's always been in a dark place from time to time.

If The Heat Doesn't Kill The Elderly, I Will

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on the edge of my seat for what they're gonna do about the verdict. Given their coverage so far, it's pretty safe to assume that they thought he would at least get manslaughter.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm on the edge of my seat for what they're gonna do about the verdict. Given their coverage so far, it's pretty safe to assume that they thought he would at least get manslaughter.

At this point, I'm afraid the article is just going to be a picture of their writer hanging from a ceiling fan.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CatchrNdRy posted:

ha, i stand corrected

U.S. Populace Lurches Methodically Through The Motions For Yet Another Day

quote:

"My fellow Americans," Clinton told a national television audience, "you have truly accomplished a great feat today. By continuing to get out of bed, wash yourselves, dress, work, shop, watch COPS, surf the Net with WebTV, and put food into your bodies at regular intervals to sustain your metabolic functions, you have shown the world just how willing-to-live the American people can pretend to be."

Following the broadcast, the president endured several minutes of smiling handshakes before excusing himself to the Oval Office restroom, where he splashed water on his face, leaned on the sink and stared unblinkingly into his weathered, exhausted reflection, wondering how he was going to face the next day.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:siren:Zimmerman Found Not Guilty, Technically, But C’mon:siren:

Edit:
Nation Throws Hands Up, Tells Black Teenagers To Do Their Best Out There

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Jul 15, 2013

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Well, they knocked it out of the park. :stare:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

"If you’re a black teen, you’re basically living in the Wild West right now."

:catstare:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh man this one is depressing as gently caress and you know the staff just said this one straight out:

In Our Defense, These Were Some Pretty hosed-Up Laws And We Were Ordered To Deliberate In Accordance With Them

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lyer posted:

Oh man this one is depressing as gently caress and you know the staff just said this one straight out:

In Our Defense, These Were Some Pretty hosed-Up Laws And We Were Ordered To Deliberate In Accordance With Them

Oh my god.

quote:

I mean, for the people who are angry at us, you do realize that we can’t just use our own personal ethical guidelines as a basis to determine a defendant’s innocence or guilt, right? That’s not how it works. And if you think that’s how it works, you’re idiots. In many ways, making a judgment based purely on our own moral compass would have been way, way easier to do. This guy pursued an unarmed kid who was doing absolutely nothing wrong and shot him to death. Seems pretty clear-cut to me that the guy should be punished in some way, shape, or form.

But thanks to these dumb-as-dog-poo poo laws, while the defense had to introduce some evidence that George Zimmerman acted in self-defense, they didn’t actually have to completely convince us of it. All they had to do, according to the undoubtedly moronic but explicitly written Florida statutes, was create a “reasonable doubt” as to whether he acted in self-defense.

Does that make sense to me? Absolutely not. But I was put in the position to decide whether the prosecution was able to present a case that proved that George Zimmerman was not acting in self-defense when he shot and killed Trayvon Martin. And based on the guidelines, which all of us thought were pretty ludicrous and sort of made us question the entire U.S. justice system, the prosecution didn’t do it.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I can always depend on these guys to just knock it out of the park when it comes to current events.

A very disturbing blast from the past:
Son, You'll Always Remember Your First Time, Because I'm Going To Film It

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Nation Thankful That Shellie Dean Zimmerman Was Charged With Perjury At Least

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
CNN Holds Panel Discussion To Determine If There Race Problem In America

Yeah, cable news is pretty much the worst.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I like how The Onion is trying its hardest to outpace the absurdity of reality but still falling behind

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

I like how The Onion is trying its hardest to outpace the absurdity of reality but still falling behind

I'm glad Geordi is weighing in on the matter. The debate should have been this brief: "friend of the family. Next question."

I've maybe seen one white person get upset about someone dropping the C-bomb or something similar, and it was my dad because he was road-raging.

colas has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Jul 16, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

colas posted:

I'm glad Geordi is weighing in on the matter. The debate should have been this brief: "friend of the family. Next question."

I've maybe seen one white person get upset about someone dropping the C-bomb or something similar, and it was my dad because he was road-raging.

I saw a snippet of the chat in that picture and it really didn't have anything to do with "n****r vs. cracker". It was actually a very well reasoned talk about the inferior treatment of black people in modern america. That was pretty surprising.

EDIT: Ugh I don’t even want to TYPE it. And yet, I’m supposed to question that it’s worse? What a stupid concept.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 07:48 on Jan 3, 2019

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Good Citizen posted:

Comedian John Mulaney has said this about which word is worse: "Here we are saying the word (Cracker)and we're not even saying what the N word is."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
LeVar Burton's thousand-yard "how did it all end up this way" stare really says it all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ariong posted:

I saw a snippet of the chat in that picture and it really didn't have anything to do with "friend of the family vs. cracker". It was actually a very well reasoned talk about the inferior treatment of black people in modern america. That was pretty surprising.

Yeah they hosed up on cheap entertainment and forgot to hire at least one complete idiot for the panel. It's funny that I keep seeing that picture floating around because of the funny pose Tim Wise is in, even though he is probably one the most zealous people out there on racial injustice.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
A bit less depressing: Rock Apparently Factors Into Girlfriend’s Shower Routine

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

This one cracks be up because I know there are stone like that, but if you asked me the exact use I'd be guessing just like that guy.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

This one cracks be up because I know there are stone like that, but if you asked me the exact use I'd be guessing just like that guy.

If you don't use a rock in your bathing routine you're really missing out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

AI takes over The Onion:

Infant Child Left In Sweet Camaro

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
George Zimmerman Wins Florida State Lottery

They got the picture perfect for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Wait... what is the stone for? Is it a special stone of some sort, or can I just grab some rocks from the river?