Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm quite delighted it wasn't "Hamlet's Soliloquy" (he has a lot (google says 7) but we all know which one is THE one).

So how did that work in Game? It's like two minutes, did you have to hide behind a rock and wait for some jabber to finish before busting out of the shadows?

He didn't have a gun so I could kite him around really easily without dying. It took me a while to actually find the one that was saying it but I could still hear it over all the murder that was happening because Turtle Beach makes good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm quite delighted it wasn't "Hamlet's Soliloquy" (he has a lot (google says 7) but we all know which one is THE one).

So how did that work in Game? It's like two minutes, did you have to hide behind a rock and wait for some jabber to finish before busting out of the shadows?

The first time I heard it was in the Bloodshot Stronghold, I was able to hide in the tunnel before the vortex while he was on the next floor up while he rambled on.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Why do so many people make open games then just kick people that join. 7 games in a row kicked from them all so annoying

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Skater h8er posted:

Why do so many people make open games then just kick people that join. 7 games in a row kicked from them all so annoying

Get on after 10pst and replace these other goons that used to play with me, and now are using that time for Netflix/ Halo/sleep. I hates them pubbies. Sooner grind 1600 kneeling assault rifle kills, again.

I got an armored psycho to do the Hamlet thing on the far end of the area where the "Midget riding a Bullymong" quest happens. They won't jump off the balcony. Just grabbed some cover and waited until he started screaming about his mother and his uncle.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Seneschal posted:

Get on after 10pst and replace these other goons that used to play with me, and now are using that time for Netflix/ Halo/sleep. I hates them pubbies. Sooner grind 1600 kneeling assault rifle kills, again.

I got an armored psycho to do the Hamlet thing on the far end of the area where the "Midget riding a Bullymong" quest happens. They won't jump off the balcony. Just grabbed some cover and waited until he started screaming about his mother and his uncle.

What's your gt

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Seneschal posted:

hahahaha I can't imagine who you're talking about. I'll hop on tonight. Not sure if my mic situash is still hosed or not.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Fought Badassasaurus Rex (UTVH) with a friend. It really strikes me how bad Gearbox is at designing bosses. Ended up with the two of us crouching under the half open door shooting at it for 25+ minutes. And don't quote me saying explosive weapons speed it up or about his weakpoints on the back (which don't matter because he will destroy anyone who steps in the arena)

Relin fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 17, 2013

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Relin posted:

Fought Badassasaurus Rex (UTVH) with a friend. It really strikes me how bad Gearbox is at designing bosses. Ended up with the two of us crouching under the half open door shooting at it for 25+ minutes. And don't quote me saying explosive weapons speed it up or about his weakpoints on the back (which don't matter because he will destroy anyone who steps in the arena)

When I did that with Marogareh, I spent most of the fight running away while he tried to shoot its weakpoints, it is the worst boss ingame for me, though it does fit with the theme of Piston being a huge coward, why fight fair, when you can have a huge robot that's got a million guns, missiles and nukes.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Skater h8er posted:

What's your gt

GT is Lydi Rae and yes, I think I saw you while Mingo was powerleveling my commando. Tonight my dvr was full of top gear and I'll be watching Pacific Rim tomorrow night. Thursday or Friday's good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of, I just want to say that this is a great game to chill out to while you watch TV or youtube videos or whatever. Just mute the voices and maybe the music and you're gold! Shoot dudes, get loot, shoot more dudes with that loot!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Relin posted:

I thought all the DLC outside of Tiny Tina was handled by another team?

Either way Rex can get hosed. I'd rather fight raid bosses than that.

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch
Finally got my Zer0 up to 50, in hopes that I would be able to stroll through the last bits of TVHM, but instead I can't even make it up to Bunker :mad:

I don't have anything at 50, so that could have something to do with it. If anyone can to come lend me a hand, GT is breakchef.

I'm also running a 38 Krieg and a 20something Axton if anyone's down.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Gamertag of KinkyMonkey577, feel free to add me if you want to grind some experience or just chill. Thanks, goons!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

What's the best way to kill Pyro Pete at level 50 now that the Bee thing was patched? It's the last Torgue side-mission I have to complete for the achievement. I have a 50 Siren.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

What's the best way to kill Pyro Pete at level 50 now that the Bee thing was patched? It's the last Torgue side-mission I have to complete for the achievement. I have a 50 Siren.

There's a glitch in the arena you can use to kill him with little to no effort. There's a video of it on youtube.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Skater h8er posted:

I play all the time dude, shouldn't have defriended me :argh:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

The Duke posted:

I play all the time dude, shouldn't have defriended me :argh:

Lol I had to man I could never connect to your games or party

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So, a bit of Borderlands 1 help would be appreciated. Long story short, Xbox was stolen a couple years ago along with the game and my character saves that were on the HDD. I've since gotten a used copy of BL1 and a Halo 4 Xbox, and it does not read the 512 MB memory unit that had some WillowTree edited save data. I want to gently caress around on BL1 some more, but not grind out a new Mordecai and all that nonsense. I want to run around, shoot glorious guns, and :torgue: poo poo.

Does anyone have a level 69 Mordecai save with a ton of backpack storage, everything completed, and a ton of good weapons and gear suitable for Mordecai and the other characters? And since I haven't modded in a long-assed time, links to the current software and instructions needed to copy the save file to a USB thumb drive that's been set as a Xbox drive on, Windows 7?

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

DominusDeus posted:

So, a bit of Borderlands 1 help would be appreciated. Long story short, Xbox was stolen a couple years ago along with the game and my character saves that were on the HDD. I've since gotten a used copy of BL1 and a Halo 4 Xbox, and it does not read the 512 MB memory unit that had some WillowTree edited save data. I want to gently caress around on BL1 some more, but not grind out a new Mordecai and all that nonsense. I want to run around, shoot glorious guns, and :torgue: poo poo.

Does anyone have a level 69 Mordecai save with a ton of backpack storage, everything completed, and a ton of good weapons and gear suitable for Mordecai and the other characters? And since I haven't modded in a long-assed time, links to the current software and instructions needed to copy the save file to a USB thumb drive that's been set as a Xbox drive on, Windows 7?
I might have a modded pistol that's lvl one

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

DominusDeus posted:

surely you aren't the only person on planet earth using a browser without a way to search the internet.

http://bit.ly/13mA9Vm

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

delpheye posted:

surely you aren't the only person on planet earth using a browser without a way to search the internet.

http://bit.ly/13mA9Vm

The Internet... What the gently caress is the Internet?

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Wow just loaded up borderland one and its so strange seeing how low everything is like a lvl 64 character having only 1045 health and grenades only doing 179 dmg around the high end

Skater h8er fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 18, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Adregan posted:

The Internet... What the gently caress is the Internet?

it's a phonebook.

Skater h8er posted:

Wow just loaded up borderland one and its so strange seeing how low everything is like a lvl 64 character having only 1045 health and grenades only doing 179 dmg around the high end

I noticed this too. before hammerlock came out, I went through BL1 with some people on my 69 roland and had no idea that BL2 stats scaled up so high. Also forgot how annoying roland's turret was. playing axton made it the most annoying ever.

also, gently caress those zombie brains. that's worse than 1600 crouching rifle kills.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I don't think its really that different, just making everything with bigger numbers. WE LOVE BIG NUMBERS in Borderlands.

Edit: I also wish I had an assault rifle that actually assaulted things, instead firing like 3 rounds a second.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I don't think its really that different, just making everything with bigger numbers. WE LOVE BIG NUMBERS in Borderlands.

Edit: I also wish I had an assault rifle that actually assaulted things, instead firing like 3 rounds a second.

I don't know about the rest of the characters, but the difference between roland and axton's turrets is night and day.

Also, you need a shredifier. or a chopper.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

delpheye posted:

I don't know about the rest of the characters, but the difference between roland and axton's turrets is night and day.

Also, you need a shredifier. or a chopper.

agreed, I tried to play a Roland Solo in BL1 and it wasn't working since it just kind of gave out buffs instead of being an effective turret. In BL2 I've found I can just throw out my turret and it can be my co-op buddy all on its own. It's really great for those spider things that have critical on their butts since either the turret or I will be in sight of critical hits.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BL3 really desperately needs auto-pickup. Of, like, everything. At the very least ammo and money, even the ones opened up in chests.

I know this is an old complaint but I forgot how loving annoying that poo poo is in BL2, having to hold X every ten seconds and that miniscule delay before poo poo is picked up.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
In BL3, once you enter TVHM or whatever equivalent it has, you should get an extra little quest that gives you an upgrade to your SDU which autopickups and trashes white items for cash, basically autoselling them when you touch them so they stop cluttering everything up and let you focus on the shiny things.

Running around after a really pitched battle would be awesome with the constant little zztzztzzt of your money incrementally rising. It doesn't amount to much, but in a game that's mostly violence, guns, and numbers, it's strangely cathartic to see your number of dollars constantly increase :buddy:

edit: oh, and hold-X-to-swap should be a toggleable option that is off by default :mad:

delpheye posted:

Pretty much every comparison between the two games comes up in BL2's favour. Deathtrap is the closest thing to a Bloodwing stand-in and he's much, much more powerful, and quite a bit funnier in some weird situations (like the "Deathtrap does not understand ending sequences" thing I posted about a while back, where if he has Upshot Robot he'll just sit around in the background screaming and murdering Rakks literally nonstop in the little movie thing after you kill Jack, and will continue to do so throughout the entirety of the credits). Maya isn't as busted as Lilith but nothing anywhere ever is as busted as Lilith was, and Maya's retardedly good in co-op without overshadowing everyone else so IMHO she's better than Lilith from a gameplay perspective. Zero is sort of like Mordecai skill-wise except a million times more goofy and exciting to play as, and Salvador's just sort of his own awesome thing.

Krieg is basically Giga Brick and it owns.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 18, 2013

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Skater h8er posted:

I might have a modded pistol that's lvl one

Hook me up with that pistol that oneshots Crawmerax, want that cheevo!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

edit: oh, and hold-X-to-swap should be a toggleable option that is off by default :mad:

That right there.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

how are any of you playing BL2 without auto cash/ammo pickups? everything I run past, I pick up. unless I'm full of a particular type pf ammo, including multiplayer. chests are a different story, but poo poo on the ground gets recovered by running over it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

delpheye posted:

how are any of you playing BL2 without auto cash/ammo pickups? everything I run past, I pick up. unless I'm full of a particular type pf ammo, including multiplayer. chests are a different story, but poo poo on the ground gets recovered by running over it.

I rarely notice an issue with it but occasionally the ground geometry seems to confuse the game and prevent autopickup from working. I've noticed a similar issue with certain terrain inexplicably making rocket rifles not hurt the wielder when fired directly down; this is problematic when playing as a pure melee/axethrowing Mania Krieg :shobon:

Autopickup should really apply to chests, too, though. I'm going to take everything in that loving chest anyway so let me use that quarter second to chop some dude in the everything instead of thoughtfully examining SMG bullets before picking them up.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 18, 2013

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I reckon they should add some sort of multiplier system, like for successive kills you get more money dropping and a better chance of loot dropping and the higher it gets the better the loot. Maybe have that be levelled up by spending whatever the equivalent of Eridium is in the next game.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

I reckon they should add some sort of multiplier system, like for successive kills you get more money dropping and a better chance of loot dropping and the higher it gets the better the loot. Maybe have that be levelled up by spending whatever the equivalent of Eridium is in the next game.
There's a skill like that in boderland 1 for exery kill you get the next few kills will drop more loot for a few seconds

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Skater h8er posted:

There's a skill like that in boderland 1 for exery kill you get the next few kills will drop more loot for a few seconds

Yeah Mordecai had it, it shouldn't be a skill though. Should just be something intrinsic to each character like going down but not out, second winding or the ability to throw grenades. I didn't play much BL1 multi but I bet some hunters felt like they had to go that route because getting more loot = better for their group and being essentially forced to play a certain way is never good.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Whites just flat out shouldn't drop in TVHM/UVHM. They just clutter up everything and remind you that the rng in this game is poo poo.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Kifisonfire posted:

Whites just flat out shouldn't drop in TVHM/UVHM. They just clutter up everything and remind you that the rng in this game is poo poo.

I would be completely down for all white-quality items being removed from additional playthroughs and replaced with either a slightly higher chance of green or better items or just little explosions of money. Like six small stacks of cash every time a white weapon would drop. When you blow up Bunker or Badassaurus Rex the game is driven to its knees for a moment as a colossal wall of dollars vomits forth. It is awesome and much better than dozens of crudy pistals, Tediore shields, and lobbed grenade mods.

vvv Brick was the best because AAAAGH HUAAARARARBLHGHLL HAHAHAHAHA BLAAAAGH HROOOAAAAAGH RAAAAARGH AAGBLGBLG AAAAAAAHHH *renders it completely impossible to see or hear anything by rabbit-punching an enemy and creating a rapidfire series of unnecessarily gigantic elemental blasts* vvv

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 18, 2013

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah Mordecai had it, it shouldn't be a skill though. Should just be something intrinsic to each character like going down but not out, second winding or the ability to throw grenades. I didn't play much BL1 multi but I bet some hunters felt like they had to go that route because getting more loot = better for their group and being essentially forced to play a certain way is never good.

Mordecai was the best anyway cause he had a pet falcon.

Edit: @ White items in 2nd+ play throughs: Combining a couple ideas here. Instead of dropping white items it drops their equivalent in cash so its literally just raining money :homebrew:

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.
I just want to know why Eridium, Seraph crystals, and Torgue tokens don't auto-pickup. The latter two I can sort of understand because they were introduced in DLCs, but Eridium really should have auto-collected from the start. Maybe not the first hunk that Scooter gives you, just to introduce the concept, but after that, I don't think you need to make the players pick it up piece by piece. That's important time we could be using reloading the game because the Warrior's drops were poo poo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Eridium is just uncommon enough that it's kinda fun to scramble over and gleefully snatch it up when you see it drop, even if you don't really need it. It's enjoyable to loot things, it's just not very fun to have to loot lovely things or pick through lovely things to loot non-lovely things.

Borderlands is described as a "shoot-and-loot" series, so I actually think it's good that actively looting stuff is part of the gameplay; it's a simple, intuitive way to indulge your greed when you're not indulging your homicidal tendencies, just like shooting people until they die is a simple, intuitive way to indulge your homicidal tendencies when you're not indulging your greed. I do think the experience could be streamlined by reducing the amount of time the player spends manually picking up/carefully reticule-hunting between junk items.

I absolutely agree that tokens and crystals should autopickup though. It's a little obnoxious that they don't, because you occasionally end up pacing in circles with your nose to the ground because what if I missed one??

• Locked thread